Ivar's Salmon House
401 NE Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Salmon House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: 2066320767x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday – Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
9:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 9:30 am - 10:00 pm
7 days a week!: 3:00 pm to Close
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Anderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 180-degree views of Lake Union will set the stage for your spectacular private event at Ivar’s -- truly the heart and soul of the region. Whether you’re celebrating an intimate wedding or planning a rehearsal dinner, Ivar’s offers the best of the Northwest!
- Entertainment: Come enjoy brunch, lunch, dinner or happy hour! Dine on Chef Anderson's fantastic menu and your favorite beverage from the “Whale Maker” lounge!
- Special Events: Ivar's Salmon House invites revelers to ring in the New Year like never before!
When: Dec. 31, 9pm - 12:30am
+ Exquisite dinner buffet, including two drink tickets
+ Live entertainment and dancing with EJ Chrissy Williams
+ Holiday party favors
+ Complimentary Champagne toast at midnight
+ Views of the Space Needle Fireworks from across Lake Union
Dinner buffet to include:
* Carved Prime Rib
* Alder Grilled Chicken
* Alder Grilled Salmon
* Oyster Shooter Bar
* Jumbo Prawn Shoots
* Chilled Crab Legs
* Grilled Vegetables
* Artisan Meats, Cheeses & Breads
* Assorted Salads and Fruit
* Assorted Pasta Dishes
* Decadent Dessert Buffet and Chocolate Fountain
* And More
Seating is limited. To reserve, call (206) 632-0767
For full menu listing and wine pairings visit:
A word from Ivar's Salmon House
Ivar's Salmon House is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit Native American-style barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked entrees. Here, in a setting filled with Northwest native artifacts and historical photographs, you'll enjoy memorable meals surrounded by spectacular views of boats cruising on Lake Union with the city skyline in the background. Favorite daily entrees and fresh-sheet selections include alder-smoked salmon, prawns, alder-smoked chicken, and seasonal seafood specials. Don't forget our lavish Sunday Brunch, a well-loved family tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ivar's Salmon House reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (227)great for outdoor dining (143)special occasion (130)good for groups (121)kid-friendly (72)great for brunch (72)neighborhood gem (71)great for lunch (70)fit for foodies (64)romantic (48)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)notable wine list (8)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/27/2014Typically a wonderful dining experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Place Like HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Grew up in Seattle, but moved away. Every visit back must include The spectacular Salmon House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seattle InstitutionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We recently enjoyed the Sunday brunch at Ivars. We had not been since the Monte Python Flying Circus Breakfast back in about 1978. The experience was just as enjoyable now as it was back then. Excellent buffet with a variety of high quality food. The staff was very attentive but not intrusive. Best of all, restaurant offers free parking!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014Great variety of food. Luv this place for a special occasion and the service is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch and happy hourVioletDined on 10/24/2014Usually go for brunch or happy hour, lunch was great too. Great place to show visitors and newcomers the wonders of Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedIgmontDined on 10/23/2014We went for our first dinner in Seattle to the Salmon House. Location was nice with a great view. But that only takes it so far. There is a limited menu so if your taste that night is not salmon, look elsewhere. The chowder was good. Salad was decent. Fish and chips was okay. The fried oysters were very good as well. But overall it was not what I had hoped. I had been to Ivar's elsewhere and had a better experience there. The building itself and location was great though. There was a loud party there as well that should have been asked to act a little quiter. This was too nice of a place for the yelling and shouting to be tolerated.Special Features:
- Not up to past experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We have enjoyed Ivars since the 1970s and have taken out-of-town guests there with confidence, although we haven't been there recently. This last visit was disappointing because it seems the salmon portion sizes have decreased and more importantly, they were overcooked. Not so everyone would notice but definitely not what we had grown accustomed to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Seattle Rustic TreasurePDQEIADined on 10/20/2014Excellent seafood, delightful setting, rustic native american decode, all-in-all highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014The best place in town for out-opf-town guests. They love the ambience and the various seafood offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many years of dependable excellenceLifetimeSeattleDined on 10/19/2014Our family has been going to Ivar's since I was a little kid, and now my sister is a grandmother, so that's a long time. It has always been high on our list of go-to places for special occasions, like my mother's 75th birthday or a graduation dinner. We recently went for my father's 82nd birthday, expecting to have a nice lunch. We were surprised to discover that all they had was Sunday brunch, and some of the family wanted to ditch and go somewhere else to save money. But we stayed. We had such a good time and the food was so excellent that Ivar's has just bumped up another notch on my personal list of great restaurants in Seattle. Thanks for a terrific time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Goodad116Dined on 10/19/2014We went for Brunch. Overall was very nice experience with lots of good items to choose from. A few of the items were so-so: eggs benedict sauce was thin and bland, strada was overcooked a bit, the cookies were probably from safeway but the biscuits/gravy and prime rib were outstanding. oh and of course the clam chowder was awesome! The service was OK - had to wait quite a while to get coffee warmed up and the bloody mary's we ordered - and the items on the dessert table were totally mis-labed all over the place. All that said, we'd definitely go again - the price was good relative to some of the others we've gone to.Special Features:
- Ashbrook21Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent service and food presentation. A lot of choices. Great food and great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was not very good but not bad. The fish was borderline over cooked. The garlic mash were dry and little garlic flavor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Loved the staff, who went out of their way to be helpful. Beautiful view for locals and out of town guests. Want to try for brunch. Food so-so. Fish tasted like just thawed and previously breaded. Creme brûlée excellent.Special Features:
- Great view - everything else so-soIke71Dined on 10/11/2014Most people I've been to Ivar's with enjoy the seafood, but the service is hit-and-miss. Non-seafood dishes are usually bad, especially the steaks, which always seem to be cut from shoe leather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for the viewLikes2eatDined on 10/11/2014Hostess was rude. Waited well past our reservation time. Food was mediocre but large portions. Service was slow.Special Features:
- A Fine MemoryBHneighborDined on 10/11/2014We came to honor a family member no longer with us. Ivar's was one of his favorite spots. I'd requested a table by a window and we got that, as well as great service, food and drinks. Thank you so much. -KWSpecial Features:
- Delicious, Fresh SeafoodGarnish2014Dined on 10/11/2014Everyone at my table raved about their entrees - Silver Salmon, Crab and Shrimp Louie, and Salmon Sampler. I asked the waitress to tell the chef to make sure my salmon was moist (and not overcooked) and they did an excellent job of cooking it perfectly. My only complaint was that the salmon chowder was too salty. It tasted as if it had been simmering so long that it ended up becoming too salty. Hope they can fix that because when it's not too salty, it's incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivar's Salmon House-Splendid!TroutDined on 10/11/2014Ivar's Salmon House is a special occasion type of place for our family. While the menu isn't lengthy, there are plenty of choices for seafood lovers. Seafood haters need not go to this salmon heaven. The menu is heavy on the salmon but there are always a few other types of seafood available, plus a limited amount for non-seafood folks and vegetarians. The decor is all wood and canoes (yes, canoes!) hung from the ceilings. It's a great place to take your out-of-town guests. It can be a bit pricey, easily up to $100 for 2 people including drinks. I don't recommend sitting outside unless you bring earplugs, I5 is right overhead. The noise, doesn't reach the inside dinners, so enjoy the view from the inside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice view, too noisySeattlenativeDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful view, but th3 noise level was very high. Very difficult to hear dinner companions. Food was only lukewarm, and mediocre at best. Service was a bit harried, but efficient. Overall, OK.Special Features:
- Always a Seattle favorite!SalmonSnobDined on 10/10/2014Be sure to wander the restaurant and see all the art! Many are museum-qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivar's Salmon HouseSunValley1xYearDined on 10/10/2014Been coming here since 1968. Loved seeing the [very well-behaved] kids at a nearby table trying on their diver's masks (as I used to do).Special Features:
- ALways expect the bestDBCooperDined on 10/7/2014Ours was a very large party welcoming my wife and son to the United States. Immigration had been tough and they were finally here. They do not speak English well so the menu was difficult for them. But we found food that they enjoyed, and everyone else had their favorite types. Between foreign languages and people hard of hearing (like myself), everything was worked through and we will remember the special evening for a long time. Did I say the food was good, also?Special Features:
- Great Historic Dining PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014It's been years since my last visit. 25+ But Ivar's never let's me down. Great food--Salmon. Great working Staff. Super Place!!!!Special Features:
- Ivar's is OK, but.....RockkickerDined on 10/5/2014I have eaten at Ivars before and wanted to share a dinner there with my wife (we live on the central coast of California). It has a great ambiance, simulating a Native American longhouse, lots of native art, and delicious smoky aromas coming from the grill. The food this time was disappointing. The oysters on the half shell took forever to arrive, and when they did they were thin and watery, and not helped by the fact that the ice beneath the shell had melted. The salmon was not as quite good as I remembered it, the razor clams that my wife ordered had a heavy panko coating that turned soggy. The restaurant now seems designed to appeal more to the tourist crowd than real food lovers. It was OK, but disappointing.Special Features:
- Always amazingFood4thoughtDined on 10/5/2014This is an excellent restaurant for out-of-town guests and a great way to introduce someone to salmon. The views of Lake Union and the Space Needle are beautiful. There is ample free parking. The fish is always fresh and cooked perfectly. The king salmon is the most popular and my favorite but I also really look forward to their seasonal specialties. I have even requested switching the type of fish in a dish and they are very accommodating. The staff is attentive, polite and friendly. We love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinerDined on 10/5/2014Relaxed atmosphere, great view, but standard restaurant food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and Scenic View in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/4/2014We dined on a very nice clear evening in October. We had beautiful view from our window seats of Lake Union and the Seattle skyline and could see the Space Needle from where we were seated. Clam chowder was delicious. Dungeness Crab cakes were delicious as well. Everyone in our party was pleased with their dinner selection. Looking forward to dining again at Ivar's Salmon House when we return for a future visit from California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The restaurant is extremely loud--but what Seattle restaurant isn't these days. Servers, food, everything else was fine.Special Features:
- love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I especially loved the NW decor. I hope to be able to bring visitors here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HISTORIC IVAR'S SALMON HOUSEJanieDined on 9/28/2014Ivar's Salmon House on Lake Union is a local favorite and a must see for tourist and for folks interested in Native American history. The restaurant is located on the shore of north Lake Union in a replicated traditional Native long house. Many artifacts and historical information is displayed inside. You can arrive by boat or car with free parking. You can choose to sit inside or outside on the deck. The menu offers many seafood choices and several different preparations for salmon. The service is friendly and knowledgeable. The Salmon House is a great choice for families, kids and groups!Special Features:
- Great food and a terrific view!VashtiDined on 9/28/2014Food was great and my visitors loved the view of the Seattle skyline. Great place to take people new to Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch couldn't be finerSpecialOutingsDined on 9/28/20142nd time to Ivar's Salmon House for brunch - both times for a special event, and both times the food was very good and the service was excellent. We had a window seat and the view of Seattle was terrific, as usual. We were not rushed, had a great seat, and between the waiter and bus person we always had coffee, water, drinks, etc. A very enjoyable meal and time together with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivar's for Family DinnerBonbon57Dined on 9/26/2014We came to visit our son who had just moved to Seattle in the U district. Ivar's had wonderful decor and they sat us by the window on the water. Loved the food, ambience and service. Not gourmet but close and since we are foodies, we enjoyed it, especially the varieties of Alder Wood grilled salmon. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The place we always take out of town guests to see the real Seattle.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantElligatorDined on 9/22/2014Especially the atmosphere, deck out with North Pacific decor. Great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:
- LonnieDonnaDined on 9/21/2014You can't beat the Salmon House for moderate pricing and good food! Sunday brunch is a must. Throw in the view on a beautiful sunny day and you've got it made!Special Features:
- Crowded, noisy, great food!bearzomeDined on 9/21/2014We had a table of seven for a family get together. Hard to talk over the ambient noise, and the TV tuned to the Seahawks game. Our server was Laura, and she was excellent...very attentive and pleasant. Food was the usual wonderful Ivar's fare.Special Features:
- Birthday GatheringKCampDined on 9/21/2014We had a family gathering for an 80th birthday weekend. We made reservations through open table, which was very easy to forward the information to the group. We had to make several changes as the event drew near and the hostess desk was extremely helpful and accommodating. We always enjoy the food and our waiter was perfect for our group. We rely on Ivar's for these special occasions and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Memorable evening!FoodieDined on 9/20/2014We brought two guests from Canada to Ivar's Salmon House and got a table with a view that we requested. They were in awe of the view all evening! The salmon and black cod dinners that we ordered were outstanding, as was the fried seafood medley that my husband ordered. Service was top notch! Also, it was Husky game day, and in spite of a packed house, the staff was able to delay our reservation by 30 min due to us being stuck in traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.