Ivar's Salmon House
401 NE Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Salmon House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: 2066320767x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday – Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
9:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 9:30 am - 10:00 pm
7 days a week!: 3:00 pm to Close
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Anderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 180-degree views of Lake Union will set the stage for your spectacular private event at Ivar’s -- truly the heart and soul of the region. Whether you’re celebrating an intimate wedding or planning a rehearsal dinner, Ivar’s offers the best of the Northwest!
- Entertainment: Come enjoy brunch, lunch, dinner or happy hour! Dine on Chef Anderson's fantastic menu and your favorite beverage from the “Whale Maker” lounge!
- Special Events: Ivar's Salmon House invites revelers to ring in the New Year like never before!
When: Dec. 31, 9pm - 12:30am
+ Exquisite dinner buffet, including two drink tickets
+ Live entertainment and dancing with EJ Chrissy Williams
+ Holiday party favors
+ Complimentary Champagne toast at midnight
+ Views of the Space Needle Fireworks from across Lake Union
Dinner buffet to include:
* Carved Prime Rib
* Alder Grilled Chicken
* Alder Grilled Salmon
* Oyster Shooter Bar
* Jumbo Prawn Shoots
* Chilled Crab Legs
* Grilled Vegetables
* Artisan Meats, Cheeses & Breads
* Assorted Salads and Fruit
* Assorted Pasta Dishes
* Decadent Dessert Buffet and Chocolate Fountain
* And More
Seating is limited. To reserve, call (206) 632-0767
For full menu listing and wine pairings visit:
A word from Ivar's Salmon House
Ivar's Salmon House is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit Native American-style barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked entrees. Here, in a setting filled with Northwest native artifacts and historical photographs, you'll enjoy memorable meals surrounded by spectacular views of boats cruising on Lake Union with the city skyline in the background. Favorite daily entrees and fresh-sheet selections include alder-smoked salmon, prawns, alder-smoked chicken, and seasonal seafood specials. Don't forget our lavish Sunday Brunch, a well-loved family tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ivar's Salmon House reviews from OpenTable diners
307 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (257)great for outdoor dining (162)special occasion (149)good for groups (133)great for brunch (86)great for lunch (81)kid-friendly (75)neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (65)romantic (56)hot spot (21)late-night find (13)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Sunday brunch couldn't be finerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/20142nd time to Ivar's Salmon House for brunch - both times for a special event, and both times the food was very good and the service was excellent. We had a window seat and the view of Seattle was terrific, as usual. We were not rushed, had a great seat, and between the waiter and bus person we always had coffee, water, drinks, etc. A very enjoyable meal and time together with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivar's for Family DinnerBonbon57Dined on 9/26/2014We came to visit our son who had just moved to Seattle in the U district. Ivar's had wonderful decor and they sat us by the window on the water. Loved the food, ambience and service. Not gourmet but close and since we are foodies, we enjoyed it, especially the varieties of Alder Wood grilled salmon. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The place we always take out of town guests to see the real Seattle.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantElligatorDined on 9/22/2014Especially the atmosphere, deck out with North Pacific decor. Great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:
- LonnieDonnaDined on 9/21/2014You can't beat the Salmon House for moderate pricing and good food! Sunday brunch is a must. Throw in the view on a beautiful sunny day and you've got it made!Special Features:
- Crowded, noisy, great food!bearzomeDined on 9/21/2014We had a table of seven for a family get together. Hard to talk over the ambient noise, and the TV tuned to the Seahawks game. Our server was Laura, and she was excellent...very attentive and pleasant. Food was the usual wonderful Ivar's fare.Special Features:
- Birthday GatheringKCampDined on 9/21/2014We had a family gathering for an 80th birthday weekend. We made reservations through open table, which was very easy to forward the information to the group. We had to make several changes as the event drew near and the hostess desk was extremely helpful and accommodating. We always enjoy the food and our waiter was perfect for our group. We rely on Ivar's for these special occasions and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Memorable evening!FoodieDined on 9/20/2014We brought two guests from Canada to Ivar's Salmon House and got a table with a view that we requested. They were in awe of the view all evening! The salmon and black cod dinners that we ordered were outstanding, as was the fried seafood medley that my husband ordered. Service was top notch! Also, it was Husky game day, and in spite of a packed house, the staff was able to delay our reservation by 30 min due to us being stuck in traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We have been to Ivers many of times this hasad to be one of the best times everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchBeatsDined on 9/19/2014My friend's family and I went to Ivar's Salmon House for her birthday lunch. We had combination Louie, coconut prawns, and seafood saute as our entrees. The food was excellent and the service was superb. Our waitress was excellent. We also had the delicious berry cobbler for desert. My friend;s cobbler came with a birthday candle. It was a great birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely.MDhappytraveler73Dined on 9/18/2014The salmon were running, so we ordered an assortment and shared plates. Coho, silver, king and white were available. All was divine, including the view. I highly recommend this seattle establishment. Also recommend reservations for a window seat. Watch the seaplanes land and night settle over the sparkling city scape across the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Service terrible...never came back once you were served...corn pudding dry and tasteless. Terribly disappointed with our out of town guests!Special Features:
- DisappointedsimonDined on 9/14/2014The food was undercooked, overpriced. The corn muffins we boring no flavor. The service was average. My sister brought me her because she loves your food. She was also disappointed. Won't be back.
- enjoyableMissKittieFantasticoDined on 9/14/2014Had a nice, casual sunday brunch with many food offerings for all in party to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming waterfront great buffettchrisstieDined on 9/14/2014I brought my friend here for her birthday. We had made reservations in advance but were given the option to sit outside and there was plenty of space for us. We were right ON the water getting to enjoy the incredible buffet with the ambience of the Seattle waterways. Seeing ducks, paddleboarders, sailboats making the bridge go up and down... what a way to take in the view and the lengthy extensive buffet. I really enjoyed the crab legs and the seafood steam. Would definitely come back again for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Sunday Brunchtk616Dined on 9/14/2014Before I moved, I came to Ivar's Salmon House for Mother's Day brunch annually so I knew I had to come back when I visited Seattle. Excellent staff and right on the water. I was pleased that the food was as amazing as I had remembered it to be. The NW tribal art that adorns the exterior and interior of the building is so cool and an excellent nod to indigenous NW culture. I love this place. Whenever someone is going to Seattle or trying to find a nice place to take friends/family I always recommend Ivar's Salmon House. Don't forget to try the clam chowder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodrlkwineguyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Get there early after a Huskies win as we did. Great energy in the room. Very good seasonal seafood. Had the Fraser River sockeye which was perfectly cooked and my wife had the Alaska halibut again perfect. Fantastic seating overlooking the lake towards the Space Needle.Special Features:
- Ordinary food with a poor attitudeJohnDined on 9/12/2014Went in for a family meal with some out of town family tourists, all of whom are fish fans. Experience was fairly ordinary, and it's safe to say I won't bother going back as there are many superior offerings in Seattle at this price point. Started with a batch of attitude from a greeter who seemed to be of the opinion that we were inconveniencing her by showing up on time for our reservation. The food, while fine, was nothing special, and the atmosphere and promised views fell well short of those advertised - felt like the building needed some refurbishment. I'd skip this one.Special Features:
- BetteBDined on 9/12/2014We took our friends from Australia to dinner and they loved it! Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSimonaDined on 9/11/2014It was a fabulous experience for our out of town guests. The oysters on the half shell were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VoltarrVIPDined on 9/11/2014good quality food in a large setting with a nice view of the marina. A bit noisy and bustling so i wouldn't recommend for a "quiet" evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteLMNOPDined on 9/10/2014Ivar's is our go-to restaurant for out-of-town guests and family celebrations. Classic Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!TooCoolJoDined on 9/8/2014We are so glad we found Ivar's. One of us is a "foodie" and the other is a "I prefer mine simpler". The selections at Ivar's was broad enough to meet both of our needs. The Alder Grilled Salmon was cooked perfectly, not overcooked like so many restaurants. We would both recommend Ivar's as a "must do" in Seattle.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014If one wants good fresh salmon/ seafood, Ivar's is the place to go!Special Features:
- Not ADA friendlysilverchordDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant layout for buffet hours is difficult to manipulate for people with disabilities. The entrance is slipped and tricky for wheeled equipment, too. But it was a great feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch BuffetscredDined on 9/7/2014Accommodating for 2 children in high chairs. Allowed for leisurely dining. Lots of good food, some a little blandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all window Tables are goodneedambianceDined on 9/6/2014After requesting and then waiting for a window, we were seated in the back, next to a window, however the view was blocked by the umbrellas for the outdoor tables. Very disappointing as I had a party of 6 with several first time to Seattle guests. The door to the patio was propped open and it became very cold for us. Our server did close the door but the very next server through it re-propped it open. We went elsewhere for dessert as we were too cold to enjoy it there. It was a shame as the food was good but we were unable to enjoy it. I will take guests elsewhere in the future.Special Features:
- Absolute favoriteKristagosDined on 8/31/2014This is my absolute favorite brunch spot! I am not even from Seattle but make sure to stop here whenever I'm in town! Food is outstanding and the view is unmatched!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingbruncherDined on 8/31/2014My friend and I have been before but this time was disappointing. The crab was difficult to get out of the shells and my friend the coffee was not good. I did really like the salmon and there were other things that were good but not as good as our last visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014As a long time cannery designer and operator, I found the seafood and food overall just exquisite. Since 1973, as a NOAA officer stationed in Lake Union, I have been dining at your restaurant and now am introducing our grown children's spouses to this family tradition. Thank You IvarsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaOVIPDined on 8/29/2014Salmon was delicious, but the puree and frisee with carrots was not to my liking.Special Features:
- Best outdoor dining!ogreDined on 8/29/2014We had reservations, abs when we got there wewere asked if we wanted to eat inside or outside. Normally I'm not a big fan of rating outdoors, and I love the interior of Ivar's Salmon House, but my in-laws were in town and they opted for eating outside. The service, seating, view, weather, and of course food were all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon House is a Seattle landmarkTeacherRitaDined on 8/28/2014Ivar's restaurants are surely an institution in Seattle! The Salmon House with its Native American longhouse theme and art is a wonderful spot for its scenic view of Lake Union and the city. Its food is excellent with a great variety of seafood options. It's a great place to take out of town guests and for special occasions, as well as just an evening dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchBeatsDined on 8/27/2014I was celebrating my birthday by having lunch with a couple of friends. We all ordered different meals and all three were excellent. Our waitress gave us superior service. The whole meal was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Great meal and worth the trip but the wine list is expensive and the meals on the high side for Puget Sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty with a viewPittsburghgirlDined on 8/25/2014Besides the best salmon ever, why order anything else , it was the best server ever. I had a large group over 25 that kept expanding. We ordered separate checks, split meals, and moved tables around. The server just kept accommodating us! Best view ever even if u sit inside .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Quality food, good service and great environment but at a premium price.Special Features:
- Fabulous brunch!SandcastleDined on 8/24/2014Excellent service and fabulous brunch! Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Reunion with window seatingBaiaDined on 8/20/2014This meal was a reunion of old friends. The hosts were up from Florida to visit family and were eager to soak up the ambiance of Seattle where one had grown up and the other had visited frequently for long periods of time in the past. For some reason, they had never eaten at Ivar's Salmon House before. Their grandfather was a friend of Ivar and is pictured with him in one of the photos displayed at the Elliot Bay restaurant. We all had high expectations and were not disappointed. I had the halibut which was moist and flavorful. The presentation was compact and the accompanying spinach and potato pancake were great contrasts. I can't eat heavily in the evening, but this was a perfect dinner for me.Special Features:
- Great expectations not fulfilled.visitorDined on 8/20/2014We dined here some 30 years ago and had very good memories. The food was very good as well as the location. We had lunch here a few days ago and were very disappointed. The location is still very nice, with great views, but the food was very disappointing. None of the items we ordered tasted good. The cornbread was really bad, the smoked salmon soup, which was the soup of the day was oily, but the biggest disappointment was the salmon dish. we ordered the king salmon with fingerling potatoes on gaspachio. The salmon was definitely NOT king salmon, and the potatoes were clearly leftover from a day earlier. Will not come back.Special Features: