Ivar's Salmon House
401 NE Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Salmon House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: 2066320767x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday – Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
9:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 9:30 am - 10:00 pm
7 days a week!: 3:00 pm to Close
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Anderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 180-degree views of Lake Union will set the stage for your spectacular private event at Ivar’s -- truly the heart and soul of the region. Whether you’re celebrating an intimate wedding or planning a rehearsal dinner, Ivar’s offers the best of the Northwest!
- Private Party Facilities: 180-degree views of Lake Union will set the stage for your spectacular private event at Ivar’s -- truly the heart and soul of the region. Whether you’re celebrating an intimate wedding or planning a rehearsal dinner, Ivar’s offers the best of the Northwest!
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Bogue 2066320767x
- Entertainment: Come enjoy brunch, lunch, dinner or happy hour! Dine on Chef Anderson's fantastic menu and your favorite beverage from the “Whale Maker” lounge!
- Special Events: Ivar's Salmon House invites revelers to ring in the New Year like never before!
When: Dec. 31, 9pm - 12:30am
+ Exquisite dinner buffet, including two drink tickets
+ Live entertainment and dancing with EJ Chrissy Williams
+ Holiday party favors
+ Complimentary Champagne toast at midnight
+ Views of the Space Needle Fireworks from across Lake Union
Dinner buffet to include:
* Carved Prime Rib
* Alder Grilled Chicken
* Alder Grilled Salmon
* Oyster Shooter Bar
* Jumbo Prawn Shoots
* Chilled Crab Legs
* Grilled Vegetables
* Artisan Meats, Cheeses & Breads
* Assorted Salads and Fruit
* Assorted Pasta Dishes
* Decadent Dessert Buffet and Chocolate Fountain
* And More
Seating is limited. To reserve, call (206) 632-0767
For full menu listing and wine pairings visit:
A word from Ivar's Salmon House
Ivar's Salmon House is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit Native American-style barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked entrees. Here, in a setting filled with Northwest native artifacts and historical photographs, you'll enjoy memorable meals surrounded by spectacular views of boats cruising on Lake Union with the city skyline in the background. Favorite daily entrees and fresh-sheet selections include alder-smoked salmon, prawns, alder-smoked chicken, and seasonal seafood specials. Don't forget our lavish Sunday Brunch, a well-loved family tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ivar's Salmon House reviews from OpenTable diners
328 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (277)great for outdoor dining (178)special occasion (167)good for groups (139)great for brunch (98)kid-friendly (92)great for lunch (90)neighborhood gem (72)romantic (63)fit for foodies (58)hot spot (24)late-night find (16)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- Absolute favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014This is my absolute favorite brunch spot! I am not even from Seattle but make sure to stop here whenever I'm in town! Food is outstanding and the view is unmatched!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014My friend and I have been before but this time was disappointing. The crab was difficult to get out of the shells and my friend the coffee was not good. I did really like the salmon and there were other things that were good but not as good as our last visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014As a long time cannery designer and operator, I found the seafood and food overall just exquisite. Since 1973, as a NOAA officer stationed in Lake Union, I have been dining at your restaurant and now am introducing our grown children's spouses to this family tradition. Thank You IvarsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaOVIPDined on 8/29/2014Salmon was delicious, but the puree and frisee with carrots was not to my liking.Special Features:
- Best outdoor dining!ogreDined on 8/29/2014We had reservations, abs when we got there wewere asked if we wanted to eat inside or outside. Normally I'm not a big fan of rating outdoors, and I love the interior of Ivar's Salmon House, but my in-laws were in town and they opted for eating outside. The service, seating, view, weather, and of course food were all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon House is a Seattle landmarkTeacherRitaDined on 8/28/2014Ivar's restaurants are surely an institution in Seattle! The Salmon House with its Native American longhouse theme and art is a wonderful spot for its scenic view of Lake Union and the city. Its food is excellent with a great variety of seafood options. It's a great place to take out of town guests and for special occasions, as well as just an evening dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchBeatsDined on 8/27/2014I was celebrating my birthday by having lunch with a couple of friends. We all ordered different meals and all three were excellent. Our waitress gave us superior service. The whole meal was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Great meal and worth the trip but the wine list is expensive and the meals on the high side for Puget Sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty with a viewPittsburghgirlDined on 8/25/2014Besides the best salmon ever, why order anything else , it was the best server ever. I had a large group over 25 that kept expanding. We ordered separate checks, split meals, and moved tables around. The server just kept accommodating us! Best view ever even if u sit inside .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Quality food, good service and great environment but at a premium price.Special Features:
- Fabulous brunch!SandcastleDined on 8/24/2014Excellent service and fabulous brunch! Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Reunion with window seatingBaiaDined on 8/20/2014This meal was a reunion of old friends. The hosts were up from Florida to visit family and were eager to soak up the ambiance of Seattle where one had grown up and the other had visited frequently for long periods of time in the past. For some reason, they had never eaten at Ivar's Salmon House before. Their grandfather was a friend of Ivar and is pictured with him in one of the photos displayed at the Elliot Bay restaurant. We all had high expectations and were not disappointed. I had the halibut which was moist and flavorful. The presentation was compact and the accompanying spinach and potato pancake were great contrasts. I can't eat heavily in the evening, but this was a perfect dinner for me.Special Features:
- Great expectations not fulfilled.visitorDined on 8/20/2014We dined here some 30 years ago and had very good memories. The food was very good as well as the location. We had lunch here a few days ago and were very disappointed. The location is still very nice, with great views, but the food was very disappointing. None of the items we ordered tasted good. The cornbread was really bad, the smoked salmon soup, which was the soup of the day was oily, but the biggest disappointment was the salmon dish. we ordered the king salmon with fingerling potatoes on gaspachio. The salmon was definitely NOT king salmon, and the potatoes were clearly leftover from a day earlier. Will not come back.Special Features:
- Yummy Stop-OverVisitOldFriendsDined on 8/19/2014This is a terrific place to celebrate special events with special foods. OpenTable made it easy to make a reservation from out-of-town, easy to invite my guests with details, and later received a reminder to confirm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed the out-of-town guestsSeattleRepDined on 8/19/2014The food was good, service was outstanding, and combined with the beautiful weather and the gorgeous view over the water to the Space Needle, it was the perfect place to impress my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HistoricalDkfromballardDined on 8/18/2014Great place to entertain out of town guests - this place is a true Seattle original-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle LandmarkTastRDined on 8/17/2014View! NW decor! Prfectly prepaped repast! I think they have crammed in too many tables. Servers seemed to thread their way through. Consequent noise level was higher than I remember. Outdoors, dining dominated by roar of the bridge traffic. Still, for the Seattle seafood experience, it HAS to be Ivar's Salmon House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular outdoor spaceDayTripperDivaDined on 8/16/2014Great view of the marine boating life of Lake Union. Tugs, police boats, barges, fishing boats, party boats all went by while we enjoyed great service and good food. Waiter was genuine, helpful, and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceEastsidersDined on 8/16/2014We arrived and found our reserved table waiting with our preferred deck seating. It didn't seem that busy to us but based on the speed of service they must have been slammed. Dinner took 2.5 hours including many long stretches where we were sitting wondering when we would see a server again. It didn't help that someone other than our primary waiter took our order, did not write it down, then got one order wrong. We thought we would get the correct entrée plucked from the front of the line - wrong! It was another 20-30 minutes before getting the correct order. Dessert was comped but I still left with a negative impression on service. The food was good, approaching excellent, but I would think twice before returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take companyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We always take company here. The salmon dishes are wonderful.Special Features:
- A classicRossMcKVIPDined on 8/14/2014I think we first went to Ivar's Salmon House more than 30 years ago. As far as I can tell, it's barely changed in the years in between. It's a big room serving lots of people. The service is good, the food is well prepared and not at all fancy or frilly, and it's a lot of food for the money. Helpings are huge. My wife and I both had the salmon sampler, which contained king, sockeye, and coho salmon. We agreed that on this night the sockeye was by far the best. Mashed potatoes and string beans (green & wax) made up the mains. We both had salads, and we shared two desserts, a nice berry cobbler (the mini-portion) and the blueberry ginger sorbet. Wine list isn't fancy, but sound. We enjoyed Ivar's. Highly recommended. A classicSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014It was very cold inside even with a jacket. Made reservations three days in advance to ask for window table for a 90+ birthday but were told when we arrived that window tables were first come first serve. The restaurant was not full. Making reservations ahead of time held no advantage over just showing up. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at IvarsRichardSDined on 8/13/2014We had a great birthday meal. The view and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnertheimerleDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our first anniversary at Ivar's, as we had our rehearsal dinner here a year ago. The service was excellent and the food was very good as always. Never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had a very good salmon dinner at a window seat .Special Features:
- Amazing brunch!KatkDined on 8/10/2014Ivar's Salmon House is a great place for a wonderful brunch - made to order fruit crepes and omelettes, a chocolate fountain, carving station, fresh seafood and tons of breakfast and lunch favorites. For a special occasion, out of town guests, or just to treat yourself, you can't beat this brunch or the gorgeous lake view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014We chose a beautiful day for brunch at Ivar's Salmon House. Sun was out and the view of the lake with boaters and kayakers added to a great brunch. This brunch has everything. Salmon, prawns, mussels, sushi, crab, even salmon deviled eggs, as well as omelettes cooked to order, eggs benedict, biscuits and gravy, sausage. There are juices, drinks, good coffee and fruit to dip in chocolate. It isn't cheap ($35 per person) and the amount of food is overwhelming. Service was friendly. We found this was a wonderful way to treat ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrt11Dined on 8/10/2014Everything was very good. Food was hot and had good variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014When we visit Seattle, Ivar's Salmon House is a must-do treat. We love the food, location, views, and service. We were especially impressed with Joe when we had dinner for six people August 9. Very professional, friendly, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapnDined on 8/9/2014Ivar's Salmon House has been a favorite of mine for 43 years. We've celebrated many birthdays and special occasions there. We always introduce it to our out of town guests. It is the place that says "Seattle".Special Features:
- Saturday Aug 9 LunchsadinSeattleDined on 8/9/2014As a long-time diner at Ivar's restaurants, and native Seattleite, I was very disappointed with my meal at the Salmon House. My do-diners enjoyed their meals, and the food they were presented with was delicious looking and plentiful. I orders a Crab Louie, and received a small pile of lettuce, with about 1/4 cup of the dregs of cracked crab sprinkled on top; two too large cucumber slices, and a measly ring of red pepper, a sliced hard boiled egg, and sad looking parsley sprig. Do not call this a Crab Louie. Ivar is no doubt rolling over in his watery (?) grave at this presentation of the signature salad for his restaurants. I know times have changed but $24 for this salad is rude and shameful. I could do better at Denney's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceBrooknookDined on 8/8/2014The noise level was waaaaaaaay too high at 9:00 p.m. on a Friday night, truly uncomfortable, but the service was cheery & accommodating.Special Features:
- GloriaDined on 8/8/2014Good place to take a visitor to Seattle. The deck is ideal for watching boat traffic and planes land on Lake Union.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dissapointingnw2reDined on 8/6/2014Upon arriving at Ivar's Salmon House I was quickly seated along a bay window, which was quite nice as I had requested such seating when I had made my reservation. The waiter was cordial but somewhat hard to get a hold of. When the food arrived at the table it looked delicious on the outside but upon cutting into my salmon I immediately found it was not cooked. The salmon was not as flaky as it should have been and appeared dark pink. Nevertheless the bread pudding that came with my meal was quite good. All in all I was quite disappointed mainly because the salmon that I got at the "Salmon House" wasn't even cooked. I didn't eat much of the salmon as a result and left quite disappointed.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, great serviceloyalfanDined on 8/6/2014Ivar's always does a good job with the fish and has great service. The fish was correctly done as I would expect for $35. The food is not "inspired", but always competent. A great view of Lake Union, but its proximity to I-5 and resulting noise makes it uncomfortable to sit outside--although many people do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Salmon was great, well prepared and ample in quantity. Service was fast and attentive. We walked there from the Watertown hotel trying to follow my phone's gps and nearly got lost.Special Features:
- Great dinner on a 5 star eveningJuiceDined on 8/4/2014It was a 5 star day in Seattle, but we've never been disappointed here. Though it's a large restaurant, you still get great views from your table of the Seattle skyline and Lake Union. In the summer there's constant boat traffic, kayaks and paddle boards. Other times of the year, it's the lights reflecting off the water that are so beautiful. And the food.... Which is why we came. Three of us had salmon, which was delicious, and the other person had Crab Louie. Generous portions, and very well prepared. Though they handle a lot of people, we did not feel rushed, and we're able to enjoy the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014Different types of salmon, available in a variety of preparations. Great views of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodhawkDined on 8/4/2014Excellent chowder and Salmon. Fish and chips were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time Ivar's customerOldTimer84Dined on 8/4/2014Thanks for another memorable dinner at the Salmon House. I have enjoyed Ivar's on many occasions in my 84 years going back to my high school days at the old Ivar's fish bar on "Pier 54, foot of Madison Street" and on Broadway. But the Salmon House has been a favorite since it's inception when, during my working years, I have taken many clients to enjoy it's food and ambience. During this occasion we had a wonderful window table with a memorable family dinner. My daughter was visiting from Redlands, California and had asked if we could have dinner at her favorite restaurant, Ivar's Salmon House, during her stay. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.