Ivar's Salmon House
401 NE Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Salmon House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: (206) 632-0767
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday – Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
9:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 9:30 am - 10:00 pm
7 days a week!: 3:00 pm to Close
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Steve Anderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 180-degree views of Lake Union will set the stage for your spectacular private event at Ivar’s -- truly the heart and soul of the region. Whether you’re celebrating an intimate wedding or planning a rehearsal dinner, Ivar’s offers the best of the Northwest!
- Entertainment: Come enjoy brunch, lunch, dinner or happy hour! Dine on Chef Anderson's fantastic menu and your favorite beverage from the “Whale Maker” lounge!
- Special Events: Ivar's Salmon House invites revelers to ring in the New Year like never before!
When: Dec. 31, 9pm - 12:30am
+ Exquisite dinner buffet, including two drink tickets
+ Live entertainment and dancing with EJ Chrissy Williams
+ Holiday party favors
+ Complimentary Champagne toast at midnight
+ Views of the Space Needle Fireworks from across Lake Union
Dinner buffet to include:
* Carved Prime Rib
* Alder Grilled Chicken
* Alder Grilled Salmon
* Oyster Shooter Bar
* Jumbo Prawn Shoots
* Chilled Crab Legs
* Grilled Vegetables
* Artisan Meats, Cheeses & Breads
* Assorted Salads and Fruit
* Assorted Pasta Dishes
* Decadent Dessert Buffet and Chocolate Fountain
* And More
Seating is limited. To reserve, call (206) 632-0767
For full menu listing and wine pairings visit:
A word from Ivar's Salmon House
Ivar's Salmon House is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit Native American-style barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked entrees. Here, in a setting filled with Northwest native artifacts and historical photographs, you'll enjoy memorable meals surrounded by spectacular views of boats cruising on Lake Union with the city skyline in the background. Favorite daily entrees and fresh-sheet selections include alder-smoked salmon, prawns, alder-smoked chicken, and seasonal seafood specials. Don't forget our lavish Sunday Brunch, a well-loved family tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ivar's Salmon House reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (203)special occasion (122)good for groups (114)great for outdoor dining (111)great for brunch (69)neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (62)kid-friendly (62)great for lunch (57)romantic (41)hot spot (17)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)Show More
- Always fun and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2014I brought my parents and we had a great experience. My dad loved his fish (he's difficult to please), and my mom of course loved the fish n chips. Our waiter Chris was great! Please send him our thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014You're definitely paying for the view, as the potions and the prices don't match up. The former being too small, the latter being way too big. Happened to be there on a night the college football team was playing, so parking was a absolute mess. Ivar's for cocktails, but I'm going elsewhere for dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome seafood brunch buffetVioletDined on 11/16/2014The Sunday Brunch at Ivar's is one of my favorite things. Food is excellent, service is excellent, great view, it's beautiful. The one drawback this time was that the bar was filled with screaming Seahawks fans and the noise level overall was really difficult. I appreciate that they weren't adding loud music to the mix at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 11/16/2014We live in Vegas and when we planned a trip to Whidbey one of the first things we both wanted to do was make reservations for the Ivar's Sunday morning buffet. The service was excellent - we had an excellent server and give her 5 stars all the way. What we were disappointed in, truthfully, was the buffet, itself. The oyster shooters were replaced with shrimp (very good, but not oysters). The omelet bar is gone. Most of the sides looked like cheaper replacements of what was served a year ago when we were there. And the crab legs weren't the good ones like you used to have. All of the best things that we looked forward to having were gone and yet the meal still cost us about $80. Honestly, I'm not trying to be critical, but we were both so disappointed and sincerely wished we had gone to a regular seafood restaurant instead.
- Nice meal!!Harleybabe1Dined on 11/14/2014I loved the salmon and sauce !! I think the Brussel sprouts were a little too hard. You need to cook them more! But the sauce on them was great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch very good but very expensivepdxguyDined on 11/9/2014The brunch there was quite good, a wide selection of food, including a lot of sea food. The food was good but uneven. The prime rib was excellent, the salmon very good, and there were many other tasty selections. Some of the other selections were less impressive, for instance the crab and shellfish were overcooked. Generally when I get a meal that costs as much as this one did, it is particularly well prepared. The food though overall good did not meet that standard, but the experience was still worth it for the variety and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Ignored my requestjhaverfiVIPDined on 11/9/2014The food was great, especially for a buffet. Everything would have been super if the restaurant had just read my request. I stated that it was a special occasion, had people driving 2 hours and daughter flying in for her birthday and asked to have a table near the window. Instead we were put in a back room with hundreds of people and little kids. The table was huge and noise level so high that my elderly parents couldn't carry on a conversation with anyone. I saw many nice open tables in the main restaurant that would have fit our party (8) where we could have been able to have a conversation and to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The only way I'd ever return is if i could be guaranteed that I wouldn't be seated in the back banquet room.Special Features:
- Great for Out of Town Guests!guamiefoodieDined on 11/9/2014Or any special occasion! Or for those weekends when you just feel like a whole bunch of seafood. For the cost of one dinner entree at any other seafood restaurant, you get a buffet of breakfast foods, seafood, pastries, and more! Get the bottle of champagne, it's worth it at $28.00. Overall $35 for the brunch + $28 for bottle of champagne + tip and tax. 3 people for under $200.00 on a Sunday morning, with a great view of Lake Union and the Space Needle. It blew my out of town guest away! Reservations are definitely recommended. Don't forget to tip your waiter! Even though it is a buffet, the servers work extremely hard and provide excellent service in a very busy environment! Will definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great view, okay food.davd123Dined on 11/7/2014The view was gorgeous. Our table overlooked the water--stunning. Here's the problem. The good was good, but nothing absolutely fabulous. I think we would've done better to skip the sit down restaraunt and get food from the to-go counter outside. Same great food, much more reasonable prices. Our server was great and had some good beer recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go once at least430mikeDined on 11/7/2014This is a Seattle institution....hadn't been there in years but it was as good as I remembered. MLSpecial Features:
- 6 HAPPY guestsomgi812Dined on 11/6/2014We wanted to take our son's in-laws from Japan to a place that was "Northwest". We chose the Salmon House for that reason. Alexandra was our waitress and she was AWESOME. She was very helpful in deciding on a few things and was very attentive. I feel she really had to work extra hard for us because we sat and ate and drank for 3 plus hours. We tried White Clam Chowder (yum), salmon, calamari, Coconut Crusted Prawns, Crab and Shrimp Melt and a few different kinds of beer. All 6 of us had plenty to eat and left very happy and satisfied. Thank you Alexandra for a great evening. The Dorr, Inoue party of 6 plus 2 week old baby Kai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a taste!MikeCDined on 11/4/2014I think I first ate at Ivar's salmon house in the late seventies when I lived in the area, I still go back every time business takes me to the Seattle area, even if I have to drive from tukwila to get there. This time was my best friend and his wife, my niece and two of my favorite business associates,and we all loved it. The alder wood smoke flavor on the fish is to die for, try it, it will last a long time!Special Features:
- Always Enjoy Ivar'sOGBODined on 11/4/2014Whenever I entertain out of area people I try to include Ivar's Salmon House as an option for dinner. Great food, excellent service, and a beautiful building right on Lake Union, with a wonderful cityscape including the Space Needle. Ivar's is always a centerpiece event for visitors.Special Features:
- Ivars for BrunchZagMikeDined on 11/2/2014Great location and Ivar's puts out a great effort. And I appreciate the effort. As a Seattle Institution, they could phone it in by now, but you know how you can sense when a place wants you to be there and isn't taking it for granted? If you want that feeling, try Ivar's for a weekend brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An anniversary treatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We celebrated our 45th anniversary here with a wonderful dinner. The staff was very friendly and attentive, the courses came quickly and the food was delicious. All around us, we could see happy people enjoying the food and each other. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Classic SeattleFreddyDined on 10/29/2014Thursday night at 8:30, came for salmon and Ivar's delivered. My chinook was very good. My son's sampler was a bit too done. The sides were nothing special. The green beans were raw (I like al dente) and the potato mash was under seasoned. Service was good enough. Ambience was amazing. Somehow we lucked into the best window seat they have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatscenicdiningloverDined on 10/27/2014Typically a wonderful dining experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Place Like HomeTheFamilyWoodDined on 10/26/2014Grew up in Seattle, but moved away. Every visit back must include The spectacular Salmon House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seattle InstitutionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We recently enjoyed the Sunday brunch at Ivars. We had not been since the Monte Python Flying Circus Breakfast back in about 1978. The experience was just as enjoyable now as it was back then. Excellent buffet with a variety of high quality food. The staff was very attentive but not intrusive. Best of all, restaurant offers free parking!Special Features:
- MadelineDined on 10/26/2014Great variety of food. Luv this place for a special occasion and the service is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch and happy hourVioletDined on 10/24/2014Usually go for brunch or happy hour, lunch was great too. Great place to show visitors and newcomers the wonders of Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedIgmontDined on 10/23/2014We went for our first dinner in Seattle to the Salmon House. Location was nice with a great view. But that only takes it so far. There is a limited menu so if your taste that night is not salmon, look elsewhere. The chowder was good. Salad was decent. Fish and chips was okay. The fried oysters were very good as well. But overall it was not what I had hoped. I had been to Ivar's elsewhere and had a better experience there. The building itself and location was great though. There was a loud party there as well that should have been asked to act a little quiter. This was too nice of a place for the yelling and shouting to be tolerated.Special Features:
- Not up to past experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We have enjoyed Ivars since the 1970s and have taken out-of-town guests there with confidence, although we haven't been there recently. This last visit was disappointing because it seems the salmon portion sizes have decreased and more importantly, they were overcooked. Not so everyone would notice but definitely not what we had grown accustomed to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Seattle Rustic TreasurePDQEIADined on 10/20/2014Excellent seafood, delightful setting, rustic native american decode, all-in-all highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014The best place in town for out-opf-town guests. They love the ambience and the various seafood offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many years of dependable excellenceLifetimeSeattleDined on 10/19/2014Our family has been going to Ivar's since I was a little kid, and now my sister is a grandmother, so that's a long time. It has always been high on our list of go-to places for special occasions, like my mother's 75th birthday or a graduation dinner. We recently went for my father's 82nd birthday, expecting to have a nice lunch. We were surprised to discover that all they had was Sunday brunch, and some of the family wanted to ditch and go somewhere else to save money. But we stayed. We had such a good time and the food was so excellent that Ivar's has just bumped up another notch on my personal list of great restaurants in Seattle. Thanks for a terrific time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Goodad116Dined on 10/19/2014We went for Brunch. Overall was very nice experience with lots of good items to choose from. A few of the items were so-so: eggs benedict sauce was thin and bland, strada was overcooked a bit, the cookies were probably from safeway but the biscuits/gravy and prime rib were outstanding. oh and of course the clam chowder was awesome! The service was OK - had to wait quite a while to get coffee warmed up and the bloody mary's we ordered - and the items on the dessert table were totally mis-labed all over the place. All that said, we'd definitely go again - the price was good relative to some of the others we've gone to.Special Features:
- Ashbrook21Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent service and food presentation. A lot of choices. Great food and great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was not very good but not bad. The fish was borderline over cooked. The garlic mash were dry and little garlic flavor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Loved the staff, who went out of their way to be helpful. Beautiful view for locals and out of town guests. Want to try for brunch. Food so-so. Fish tasted like just thawed and previously breaded. Creme brûlée excellent.Special Features:
- Great view - everything else so-soIke71Dined on 10/11/2014Most people I've been to Ivar's with enjoy the seafood, but the service is hit-and-miss. Non-seafood dishes are usually bad, especially the steaks, which always seem to be cut from shoe leather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for the viewLikes2eatDined on 10/11/2014Hostess was rude. Waited well past our reservation time. Food was mediocre but large portions. Service was slow.Special Features:
- A Fine MemoryBHneighborDined on 10/11/2014We came to honor a family member no longer with us. Ivar's was one of his favorite spots. I'd requested a table by a window and we got that, as well as great service, food and drinks. Thank you so much. -KWSpecial Features:
- Delicious, Fresh SeafoodGarnish2014Dined on 10/11/2014Everyone at my table raved about their entrees - Silver Salmon, Crab and Shrimp Louie, and Salmon Sampler. I asked the waitress to tell the chef to make sure my salmon was moist (and not overcooked) and they did an excellent job of cooking it perfectly. My only complaint was that the salmon chowder was too salty. It tasted as if it had been simmering so long that it ended up becoming too salty. Hope they can fix that because when it's not too salty, it's incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivar's Salmon House-Splendid!TroutDined on 10/11/2014Ivar's Salmon House is a special occasion type of place for our family. While the menu isn't lengthy, there are plenty of choices for seafood lovers. Seafood haters need not go to this salmon heaven. The menu is heavy on the salmon but there are always a few other types of seafood available, plus a limited amount for non-seafood folks and vegetarians. The decor is all wood and canoes (yes, canoes!) hung from the ceilings. It's a great place to take your out-of-town guests. It can be a bit pricey, easily up to $100 for 2 people including drinks. I don't recommend sitting outside unless you bring earplugs, I5 is right overhead. The noise, doesn't reach the inside dinners, so enjoy the view from the inside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice view, too noisySeattlenativeDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful view, but th3 noise level was very high. Very difficult to hear dinner companions. Food was only lukewarm, and mediocre at best. Service was a bit harried, but efficient. Overall, OK.Special Features:
- Always a Seattle favorite!SalmonSnobDined on 10/10/2014Be sure to wander the restaurant and see all the art! Many are museum-qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivar's Salmon HouseSunValley1xYearDined on 10/10/2014Been coming here since 1968. Loved seeing the [very well-behaved] kids at a nearby table trying on their diver's masks (as I used to do).Special Features:
- ALways expect the bestDBCooperDined on 10/7/2014Ours was a very large party welcoming my wife and son to the United States. Immigration had been tough and they were finally here. They do not speak English well so the menu was difficult for them. But we found food that they enjoyed, and everyone else had their favorite types. Between foreign languages and people hard of hearing (like myself), everything was worked through and we will remember the special evening for a long time. Did I say the food was good, also?Special Features:
- Great Historic Dining PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014It's been years since my last visit. 25+ But Ivar's never let's me down. Great food--Salmon. Great working Staff. Super Place!!!!Special Features: