Ivar's Mukilteo Landing
710 Front Street
Mukilteo, WA 98275Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Mukilteo Landing
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: (425) 742-6180
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Beat The Tide Menu (starter, entree, dessert for $19.38):
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
7 days a week!: 3:00 pm – 6:00pm and 9:00pm - close
7 days a week: 11:00am - 11:00pm
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Craig Breeden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Offering spectacular 180º views of Possession Sound, Ivar's Mukilteo Landing can help you make the most of your rehearsal dinner, intimate wedding, business meeting, anniversary party, retirement party, family reunion or whatever private dining function you would like to plan.
- Private Party Contact: Greg Covey 4257426180x
- Special Events: We're celebrating our 75th Clamiversary. Enjoy specials, deals and more. Details at: www.ivars.com/75th
A word from Ivar's Mukilteo Landing
Ivar’s Mukilteo Landing is pleasantly situated on the water next to the ferry dock in historic Mukilteo, just 30 minutes north of Seattle. From the scenic dining room and outside deck, you can watch the ferries come and go as you enjoy mouth-watering seafood and a wide assortment of Ivar's famous original recipe entrees and many other Northwest favorites. Ivar's Mukilteo Landing is open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ivar's Mukilteo Landing - Best Restaurants in Mukilteo ›
Ivar's Mukilteo Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (113)special occasion (76)great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (34)kid-friendly (25)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (11)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (3)Show More
- Ivars is always great!OldCowboyDined on 11/22/2014I should come more often! Acres of clams was great and Dr. daughter from San Diego liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!2134oldiesDined on 11/21/2014Great food, friendly staff, view outstanding. Never empty coffee or water. Loved the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great for our familyJ9VancouverDined on 11/10/2014We heard about Ivar's from one of the staff at the Future of Flight museum. Great kids menu - awesome to have grilled salmon and not just "fried everything" for the kids! The clam chowder was good, the fish and chips portions enormous and the grilled alaska salmon was done perfectly. We were not sure if bread came with the dinner but other tables received some - we did not ask. Our server seemed a bit out of sorts - a knife dropped to the floor and he did not replace it without us asking, did not make sure that our bill was correct (Monday and Tuesday have some of the wine menu at 1/2 price), and did not seem to know what to do to keep our white wine chilled during dinner.Special Features:
- Problem with Open TableGCL1Dined on 11/9/2014Open Table replied to our on-line reservation that it hadn't been accepted & to try again. Did so. Same response. Therefore telephoned the restaurant to make the reservation & they already had it from Open Table. Most annoying and embarrassing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Diningclaire42Dined on 11/9/2014A really great dining experience! The service was wonderful and friendly and food was delicious with beautiful presentation. Had to take a picture of it.Special Features:
- Mukilteo Landing for lunchBaitfishBjarneDined on 11/8/2014Excellent for group lunch. Food reliably good, if not spectacular. Notable and pleasant marine ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best eateries.DanniDined on 11/2/2014We have been using Ivar's in Mukilteo as our birthday party for several years now. They never disappoint. The food is always wonderful, would suggest reservations on the weekend, the view is amazing as it is located on the water. Our waitress the last time was amazing. When she found out it a birthday celebration she gave us all the time we needed to get reacquainted and when we were ready she cheerfully took our order, made sure we had everything we needed off and on during our lunch. Amazing waitress with an amazing personality. Fun was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014From the time we walked in until we left the building, the entire staff was delightful. Special thanks to our server Sarah.Special Features:
- Great LunchTerryjDined on 10/28/2014Really enjoyed the view and food. Great service and really love the smoked salmon chowder.Special Features:
- Good fried seafood...ErinTDined on 10/26/2014Great waterfront location, friendly service although not the most attentive. Fried seafood dishes were good, though not amazing. The calamari, however, was some of the best we've had. Everything else, especially the salad, was not good. Small portion, flavorless dressing, microwaved chicken breast from the freezer. Definitely WAY overpriced. Probably won't return.
- Final time with a friendWindowsDined on 10/22/2014Our retired group of four have been going to dinner about once a month for ten years. One of our number will not be with us next time due to cancer. Erik, our server, and the rest of the staff made this an enjoyable time together. Quick but not pushy service and excellent food. The Taste of the NW was excellent with Halibut, Wild Salmon and crab cake. Great place to enjoy life and memories.Special Features:
- ReliableArgentcedarDined on 10/21/2014After living in the area 14 years I have yet to have a bad meal at Ivar's in Mukilteo. When the dining room is full, it can be noisy, but the view more than makes up for that. This time I had the special: swordfish with a unique sauce; both were perfect! Service was excellent. Prices: moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view but beware the fryer!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014For those not familiar with the Ivar's chain, it's a Seattle area chain which mostly consists of pier side fry huts and clam chowder shacks. I wasn't aware of the fancier offerings of Mukilteo Landing until about a month ago. Parking is a bit of a pain. The menu sounded great. There's a large nearby lot, but it was packed. First of all the view of the ferry dock and Sound is great and kept my kids entertained while we ate. The restaurant and staff were clean and well appointed. Our appetizer towers of crab cake, coconut shrimp, and rare tuna were great except the shrimp which were far over-fried. The clam chowder and sourdough bread were all decent as well. The meal of fish and chips was way over-fried. Leaving the meal kind of heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningFood4thoughtDined on 10/18/2014Had the pleasure of dining with friends while on a visit to Seattle. We had a reservation for 6:00 and when we got there we were seated immediately ( there were several people waiting for a table I might add). The service was excellent and the food came out promptly. Everything was delicious from the clam chowder to the salmon. They also had a very nice wine list. Will definitely be back on my next visit.Special Features:
- Our AnniversaryBuckyDined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed our dinner, our food, and the service was excellent. Such an awesome view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically excellentDisappointedDined on 10/15/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times over the past few years and it is always excellent; excellent food, excellent service, and being right on the water makles for a gorgeous view. The wait person asked if we were celebrating anything, and I said my birthday. She came back with a handwritten note wishing me a Happy Birthday. A little thing, but nice gesture!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014You can never go wrong here. Great food, friendly staff,and amazing view! The taste of the northwest gives you everything you want at a reasonable price. Best clam chowder in the world hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasic Seafood resturant!JimboDined on 10/11/2014I used Open Table to reseve a table for 3 and asked to be seated by the window if possible. We arrived at 6:00 and we were promptly seated at a beautiful window table.....the water was so close we thought we were on a cruise ship! The service, cocktails, appetizers and main fish entrees we all thought were excellent! This made for a great birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small-Chained Restaurant ExperienceLariatVIPDined on 10/10/2014Fish & chips is fine. Chowder is standard. The salmon is done well. The razor clam meaty. Average fair. A safe bet for a nice place to dine with once-in-awhile get-together people: Fancy but not-too. Expensive but not-too. (Not as much as my memory serves.) Five hosts lingers by the host podium, arranging menus, looking bored, leaning listlessly, chatting aimlessly. And when a customer left, one of them made a face behind the customer. Not very professional. Otherwise, service at the table was fine.
- scruffyDined on 10/9/2014We have been coming here for years BTS (Before The Storm). This most recent visit was exceptionally fine; perhaps thanks to the company with us, but, service was excellent and food tasty and attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We had company from Canada and they wanted to eat where they had fish. Usually we go downtown to Ivar's, so came to your place. They really enjoyed the place and the food.Special Features:
- Delicious food, beautiful viewFoodieDined on 10/6/2014My friend and I had the halibut salad with goat cheese, roasted walnuts, and an outstanding dressing! This plus the sourdough rolls and we were in food heaven! We can't wait to return!! Ask for a table by the window and you may be lucky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangedSeabassDined on 10/4/2014Not sure what happened, but our last meal was not close to what we had experienced in the past. I previously found our meals there exceptional and worth the added expense. However, I brought 3 others to the restaurant last Saturday, and our food wasn't any different than what we could get at some cheap restaurant chain. I paid over $100 for this, and we were all disappointed.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchKristieDined on 10/4/2014Our party consisted of 6 adults and 1 baby for a special occasion lunch. We had courteous, friendly & quick service, and the FOOD, OMG it was great! We had a variety of seafood dishes and all were delicious. My seafood sauté had a delicate tomato/cream sauce and a balsamic reduction drizzle. You could taste the individual seafoods and the sauce tied it all together, with the drizzle adding an acidic spark. The great thing about Ivars (for lunch) is the food is fantastic while the atmosphere is casual and fun, with the Puget Sound View, you can't beat this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite night outTastRDined on 10/3/2014Our Pacific shoreline offer many options for a sunset-viewing, seafood dinner. Ivar's at Mukilteo Landing is almost always my first choice. Several servers have been there for years so they're pros and greet us as friends. Our meals are dependably delicious (we particularly enjoy the oysters and razor clams). It's among the few places I order salmon - never over-cooked, over-seasokmned, or over-dressed at Ivar's. We easily converse with friends and love the ever-entertaining ferry traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fave!OdieDined on 10/3/2014You wouldn't think a restaurant next to a ferry terminal would be that inviting, but I have been coming here since it was Taylors Landing and have never been disappointed in the crowd or the view. One of the few places that I can get whatever the Chef's Special is without looking at the menu, and know it will be the best thing in the restaurant. Great staff in a relaxed atmosphere!Special Features:
- worth the driveRod101Dined on 10/3/2014Great food, Great Service, Great view. Worth the drive .Special Features:
- Too expensive for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food here is good and the views are fantastic. But average of $50/person is too high for lunch. The bar items in particular were very overpriced.Special Features:
- halibut salad was deliciousdbhrDined on 9/26/2014I really enjoyed my evening..food was wonderful, service was great.Special Features:
- Food plus Adrianne!PeteDined on 9/26/2014As always, the seafood at Ivar's Mukilteo was perfectly prepared and presented, with a wonderful view, even on a very rainy day. Most noteworthy, however, on this occasion, was our waitress, Adrianne. She was incredibly attentive and pleasant, without being intrusive, saw to our needs before we were even aware of them, and new how to present a meal, one course at a time with a smile and courteousness. She made sure this was a birthday dinner to remember! (The noise level in the dining room depends on the courtesy of the diners, naturally, which in this instance was a bit much.) But Adrianne and the food more than compensated.Special Features:
- Always excellentExcellentDined on 9/25/2014I live in Coupeville but make the trip to Ivar's occasionally when a really good meal is in order. Love the view and the service is always exemplary. It is a favorite restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivar's Mukilteo LandingLuvIvarsDined on 9/19/2014Absolutely wonderful food and excellent staff. Very comfortable, attention to detail on your order, nothing missed or done incorrectly, attentive waitress and very knowledgable on specials and options. Very enjoyable and will continue to dine here.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotJimmyDined on 9/17/2014Thick clam chowder and very fresh grilled rockfish carbonara made for wonderful meal with a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningTwylaDined on 9/16/2014Really enjoyed our meal and the service. Receiving the anniversary card that we were celebrating was very thoughtful and meaningful. Really enjoyed the view and the friendliness of the staff. Food was excellent had the leftovers last night and they were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still popular for good reasonIvars12thmanDined on 9/16/2014First time in the door was about 1984, said to myself, "I see why people in the Northwest brag on Ivar's." Everything, from the steamers to the Copper River salmon, is always excellent with quick service to boot. Will continue to enjoy, hopefully for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Celebrated Grandma's 84th birthday with the family. Everyone had a fantastic meal. We asked for and enjoyed a window table right next to the ferry. Weather was spectacular too, which made it even better!!! It really is a family favorite spot! Our server was delightful and took excellent care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriDined on 9/12/2014We loved the food however was disappointed in cleanliness of restrooms and over crowded restaurant. We sat on patio but couldn't relax because of cheap plastic chairs and being right on top of other diners. The music volume combined with the conversations around us made us disappointed we spent so much money to eat at the Landing. We did not find it relaxing and will not be back.Special Features:
- Once Again AwesomAubbieDined on 9/9/2014Ivar's in Mukilteo is one amazing place. While most people associate Ivar's with Fried food or fast food, this location sports not only the outdoor walk up Ivar's but also Fine dining and a tremendous view of the Puget Sound looking towards Whidbey Island. We are never disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- We love Ivar's!ConstressDined on 9/6/2014Even during the Lighthouse festival, we managed to find parking so we could have a late lunch at this favorite spot. With the online reservation system, it was a breeze to secure our preferred time and we were seated immediately. Our cozy table for two was right next to the window for a great view of the ferry, water and Whidbey Island. The appetizer tower is a bit pricey but totally worth it! I can't wait to get back.Special Features:
- BobRDined on 8/29/2014Very good, as usual! Reservations were easy to make, and the food was good. Parking can some times be a concern.Special Features: