Ivar's Mukilteo Landing
710 Front Street
Mukilteo, WA 98275Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Mukilteo Landing
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: 4257426180x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Beat The Tide Menu (starter, entree, dessert for $19.38):
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
7 days a week!: 3:00 pm – 6:00pm and 9:00pm - close
7 days a week: 11:00am - 11:00pm
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Craig Breeden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Offering spectacular 180º views of Possession Sound, Ivar's Mukilteo Landing can help you make the most of your rehearsal dinner, intimate wedding, business meeting, anniversary party, retirement party, family reunion or whatever private dining function you would like to plan.
- Private Party Contact: Greg Covey 4257426180x
- Special Events: We're celebrating our 75th Clamiversary. Enjoy specials, deals and more. Details at: www.ivars.com/75th
A word from Ivar's Mukilteo Landing
Ivar’s Mukilteo Landing is pleasantly situated on the water next to the ferry dock in historic Mukilteo, just 30 minutes north of Seattle. From the scenic dining room and outside deck, you can watch the ferries come and go as you enjoy mouth-watering seafood and a wide assortment of Ivar's famous original recipe entrees and many other Northwest favorites. Ivar's Mukilteo Landing is open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ivar's Mukilteo Landing - Best Restaurants in Mukilteo ›
Ivar's Mukilteo Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (155)special occasion (101)great for lunch (74)neighborhood gem (59)great for outdoor dining (52)good for groups (52)romantic (50)fit for foodies (45)kid-friendly (37)great for brunch (27)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)Show More
- Clam Chowder was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We had heard the clam chowder was delicious and it lived up to it's reputation. Great sea view made for a perfect lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafood placeLawrenceGDined on 8/21/2014This was an excellent restaurant and on the water. The food was very good and we enjoyed the atmosphere of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best fisn'n chips I've ever hadtheatrenthusiastDined on 8/16/2014I ate the Halibut Fih 'N Chips, and it was so delicious. It was not greasy and the quality of the fish was so moist and flaky, just outstanding. Of course the location on the water and next to the Mukilteo ferry providing an incredible Puget Sound view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wibbens for 13JeriDined on 8/14/2014We had a group for dinner in the Fireside Room and had great service and excellent food. The only complaint I would have is the loudness in the room. We couldn't talk to people unless they were right beside us, and to talk across the table we had to repeat ourselves several times to be heard. Conversation is just about impossible in this room with such live acoustics. Maybe they could add something to the ceiling to soften the bouncing of the sound waves. When you have a room full of hard surfaces, there is no place for the sound to be absorbed. I am a music major and very aware of acoustics, and although hard surfaces and high ceilings are great for singing when everyone is quiet, they are horrible for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Have eaten here may times. Always good service and good foorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014We always enjoy Ivar's for fresh seafood - and great clam chowder! We always make sure that we visit this restaurant when we are in Washington. Good service and nice table with beautiful view.Special Features:
- Great waterfront diningEJ279Dined on 8/13/2014Ivar's is always one of my favorite places for dinner, especially when I have out-of-town guests. When the weather is nice, eating on the patio over the Sound at sunset is hard to beat. The menu is always great, including excellent drink options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodcharDined on 8/11/2014great service, great view, great food. The late lunch/early dinner time is great for a leisurely chat and eat. No rush from the staff even as the dinner crowd starts to come in.Special Features:
- Usually greatmaeaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our waiter was overwhelmed, slow and rude. We usually have great service. He was put out when we asked for anything. Ordered a cocktail never got it. Had to send back the crab bisque because it was cold, came out cold again and switched to chowder and was still charged for both.Special Features:
- Special ConsiderationLivvietomDined on 8/10/2014Our reservation changed as our Chinese guests were now three instead of two. We were kindly seated in the bar and had a long wait for our guests to arrive. The waiter was especially considerate while keeping us well satisfied. . . snack and drinkwise. . . until our late guests arrived. Our friends drove up from Portland and were several minutes late. Not to worry, as the waiter understood and made us feel welcomed the entire visit. Kudos to such a fine staff. It was another great evening at Ivars.Special Features:
- boring food poorly cooked, noisyWhidbeywomanDined on 8/9/2014undercooked, woody greenbeans, overcooked salmon and pretty good couscous-very boring food, noisy, chaotic atmosphere -much prefer Arnies as I can hear my dinner companions there, also the food is more interesting and perfectly cooked. As for noise, it is interesting that no review option exists in that category for TOO noisy (not energetic or don't recall or quiet!)
- Ten YearTennersDined on 8/4/2014Love celebrating ten years of marriage there, it's romantic and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with Brotherluv2quiltDined on 7/31/2014It was a beautiful day, I'd asked for a window seat, we got the corner table by the ferry dock, good service, good food, Mt. Baker in the background, aircraft carrier went by---perfect day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Food was good...went specifically for crab and it was great. Had the tower of seafood appy and it was all delicious except the sauce seemed to be almost the same for all three. Our waitress was lovely...chatted to us and was efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewflb713Dined on 7/29/2014Great restaurant - location at water edge - wonderful mid-price menu - outstanding food & service - staff pleasant & attentive - atmosphere terrific inside and out- will come again!Special Features:
- go somewhere elseTonthegoDined on 7/29/2014Never got our appetizers,waited an hour for food, and four out of five of our plates were overcooked- fried oysters were more like hockey pucks, chicken was like Jerky. The view was great, but that's not why I was there
- Good food!CherryDined on 7/27/2014My friend loved hers, my salid was ok shrimp Louie, not much flavor, asked for extra veggies, they didn't cut them up,I had to. Dressing didn't have enough flavor.Special Features:
- good experience overallGreenleafDined on 7/26/2014Most of the food was good, the kids shrimp cocktail and coconut crusted prawns were great! The cashew crusted ling cod was not appealing in texture. The fish itself was good but the crust had a soft nut texture that was strange and it was bland too. The mini creme brulee was burnt on the top that came off very bitter but the custard was lovely. Wonderful service and the kids enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- FunMukilteo1Dined on 7/25/2014This location is very busy w/ferry traffic but it's a part of the charm too. Lot's people walking around and enjoying the beautiful beach and city park. If you like to crab and/or fish you can do it from the pier adjacent to the ferry dock and Ivar's. Being a native to the Pacific Northwest I just love Mukilteo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Ivar's at Mukilteo Landing is a "go-to" place when we have out of town guests, some of whom have returned with us again and again. Some come from New Mexico and they love it for the sea food. Two summers ago our adult children hosted their wedding reception in the side room and it was a great venue and everyone was comfortable and loved it. We have a special attachment to Ivar's also because our parents loved coming here for many years and now that they are in heaven, it's a place of remembrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, right on the sound.TavisTr0nDined on 7/21/2014Ivar's is not just a fish and chips place. The waitstaff was super friendly and helpful to my family, including my shy 5 year old (who quickly opened up to our waitress) making everything enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014The food was not our favorite this past visit (salmon/poblano and prime rib) but that was personal choice. The noise level is what will have us rethinking another visit. The 2 person booth does not allow for talking or conversation unless you yell. Not as romantic as planned.Special Features:
- GardeniaDined on 7/19/2014The food was exceptional and our guests so pleased. We celebrated 2 birthdays and they comped the desserts for the birthday ladies and even sang happy birthday. Ferry traffic, boating, crabbing and fishing from the docks kept our out of towners intrigued and it was a very pleasant afternoon. Server knew his stuff and was very friendly and efficient. The razor clams are always a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place for a night out.tkk55Dined on 7/18/2014This is one of my wife's favorite restaurants. The food is always good and the service is great. Brittany was our server and she did a great job, attentive enough but not over-bearing and intrusive. Brittany had a great personality and sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood.IslanderDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I celebrated my birthday with a free entrée. We enjoyed the sheered ahi tuna and coconut shrimp appetizers and both of us had the "Taste of Northwest" entrée that was excellent.Special Features:
- Barb S.fun2wineanddineDined on 7/15/2014Ivar's is a long-time favorite place to dine. Friendly and professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISY!!!USSHelenaDined on 7/12/201490 plus degrees outside and the fireplace was going. Impossible to hear yourself think much less have a conversation. Unexciting menu. A major disappointment overall.Special Features:
- AwesomeIvarsfanDined on 7/11/2014Consistently great service, great food, and great atmosphere. After all, it's Ivars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch ExperienceMotoBetaRetiredDined on 7/10/2014Our group of 6 has used the same table numerous times over the years. It is a great place for us to meet as we come from 3 different places to have lunch together. The food and service are always very good which we appreciate. There is no pressure to leave the table until we are ready. The lunch specials are always excellent and the regular menu the same. Ivar's clam chowder is one of the best anywhere. We enjoy the water view and watching the ferries arrive and leave. Two of our group take the ferry to get to Ivar's each time we get together. We always leave with a very positive feeling about our lunch experience.Special Features:
- funtfairowDined on 7/8/2014Enjoyed dinner on the deck watching the ferry come and go and the waves crash. The fresh salmon was great and the strawberry shortcake was fantastic.Special Features:
- Special Night at Our special PlaceIvarsmeansJoyDined on 7/5/2014Because it was a celebration of our 46 years of marriage, we returned to our favorite restaurant Ivar's in Mukilteo. We had requested a window seat, knowing it is always first come first serve. The staff greeted us cheerfully, and we only waited a very short time to be seated. They put us at our favorite table..unknown to them, as we have sat there many times. It was great food, as always, great service with many smiles, and a night of great memories. Thanks you Ivar's for making it once again a very special time. We love everything about this restaurant and will be coming here for many years to come. My husband is still talking about the blackened salmon..and my lingcod was delicious. I have had it before,and I love it. Thanks again to allSpecial Features:
- nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014We had reservations but had to wait 15 minutes for them to clean the table. The food was expensive for lunch and mediocre at best. The service was slow and unattentive. The waitress was oblivious to the fact that we had 2 kids (2 and 6) and when she had our check in her hand she stood in the doorway chatting to another wait person while we sat waiting for the bill. There are so many fantastic restaurants to frequent, I would not go to Ivars at Mukilteo Landing again.Special Features:
- Templeton Rye, Copper River Salmonfood4lifeDined on 7/2/2014On a recent summer evening I was blown away to find a Templeton Rye Manhattan featured on the menu. Favorite whiskey, favorite drink, made perfectly. All the food was good, but the best was the grilled Copper River salmon on wilted spinach and fingerling potatoes, with a garlic and bacon aioli. This is what Ivar's does so well: takes local ingredients, and without going all gourmet, ups the concept of a dish, its preparation and presentation into something special. Our evening was enhanced by super-pro Janet, our server, who provided friendly, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014We had a wonderful time! We celebrated my daughter's 14th birthday. Brian, our server was awesome. He was very knowledgeable on the menu and the wine list. This was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Ivory King was prepared flawlessly and Lexi was AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite restaurantswanie39Dined on 6/27/2014I am a widow but have memories of my last Anniversary there. My husband had a big oxygen tank and was in a scooter. He was a nonsmoker but damaged his lungs in the military. I knew it would be our last Anniversary together after a long marriage. Your staff gave us a window seat by moving chairs. They even snapped a photo for us. On my recent visit I took my friend a recent widow and they made sure we had a table with a good view. Staff excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceL1978Dined on 6/24/2014Nothing but positive things to say! Good amazing & service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Relaxing Dining Experienceramona2counselDined on 6/22/2014This restaurant is in my neighborhood. It is convenient, relaxing, and warm. The view was spectacular.Special Features:
- Great ServiceChristineDined on 6/20/2014Went to lunch here to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom (about a month late). Mom had french dip and I had Salmon, they were both great, although the salmon portion was a tad small. Loved the cornbread pudding. A friendly place with a decent atmosphere and killer view if you happen to be seated at a window.Special Features:
- Brunch with familyplaythebestDined on 6/15/2014We had a lovely view, and the service was excellent, as my daughter does not eat dairy or wheat, and our waitress did a great job of trying to adjust the choices to what she needed. The brunch menu was rather small, however, so if you are a foodie or you are looking for variety, it was limited. It was also a holiday, and we were late making reservations, so it was great to find a place that could fit us in on short notice.Special Features: