Ivar's Acres of Clams
1001 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
Waterfront / Belltown
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Acres of Clams
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: 2066246852x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
7 Days A Week!: 3:00 pm to Close
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Garr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining rooms seat up to 50. Choose from our Spirit of The Bay Room or Duwamish Room for a private dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Rose (206) 624-6852x
- Cross Street: Between Spring and Madison
- Public Transit: FREE Waterfront Streetcar Bus Line (Route 99): http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/wfsc/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available just across the street. Parking is free on Sundays and select holidays.
*If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the Monday that follows is a free parking day. For more parking info visit http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/parking/rates_general.htm#free
A word from Ivar's Acres of Clams
Ivar’s Original Acres of Clams has been a Seattle tradition since 1938. The city's colorful waterfront at Pier 54 provides a scenic backdrop for this attractive yet informal restaurant where, as ferryboats glide by the window, you'll dine on Ivar's traditional favorites and other delicious Northwest seafood from our daily fresh sheet. The main menu also features fresh steamed clams, salmon, Dungeness crab salad, halibut, Ivar's famous fish 'n chips, Puget Sound clam chowder and much more.Continued
Best Seafood in Western Washington Winner - 2008
Washington Wine Award of Distinction Winner - 2009
Washington Wine Award Certificate of Recognition - 2012
Best Seafood in Western Washington Winner - 2008
Washington Wine Award of Distinction Winner - 2009
Washington Wine Award Certificate of Recognition - 2012
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Ivar's Acres of Clams - Best Restaurants in Waterfront / Belltown ›
Ivar's Acres of Clams reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (150)good for groups (86)special occasion (81)kid-friendly (80)great for lunch (63)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (30)hot spot (21)great for brunch (20)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (12)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was very crowded and very loud. Without any special request from us, we were brought to the very back of the restaurant where it was very quiet, there were only a couple other people, and sat next to the only open window in the place. It was fantastic. The kids at the table next to us ended up being seagull feeders, so we had gulls screaming at us the whole time, but it was preferable to the noise of the crowd of people :) My boyfriend wants to make Acres of Clams our special dining spot now, and he HATES going into SeattleSpecial Features:
- Temporary Closing Weekend ServiceDisappointedDined on 9/26/2014We have been to Ivars Acres of Clams several times and always had good food and good service. It's not Elliott's Oyster House but neither are the prices so for moderately priced food Ivars is always a good choice. We went on what was the weekend before they closed due to the Seawall replacement project. The server clearly knew the end was near and his service clearly showed this. We tried to chat with him a bit and we got alot of 1 word responses. The food was OK at best. The mashed potatoes on the fish dish were horrendous as it seemed like they were cooked with spoiled milk. When we complained after he came to collect the plates he just said "oh ok"Special Features:
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2014Brought family for dinner, who were visiting from out of town. Delicious as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local seafood done welltravelersezVIPDined on 9/20/2014I had a great combination I would highly recommend - King salmon, mashed Yukon Golds, Uli's sausage and Portabello mushrooms. My mom told our waiter specific instructions for no pepper, no salt, less oil. There was a mix up somewhere so I got my dish, but our waiter sent her lobster back and had another one made. Despite the delay, all was well as they prepared the lobster just right.Special Features:
- Good time by our groupLCRTADined on 9/19/2014We had a group of 8 and we were well treated. The food was delicious and the service was good.Special Features:
- Seattle favoriteIslandboyDined on 9/11/2014Food is always very good..service was excellent...we will be back..as usualSpecial Features:
- DinnerYelikakDined on 9/10/2014We've always enjoyed Ivars, even had our son's rehearsal dinner there. But last few times not very good. They don't serve the good sour dough rolls anymore. That was disappointing. The clams were so so. We waited half an hour to get waited on. Some glitch in the waiter assignments. Not going back. Too many other great Seattle restaurants to choose from.Special Features:
- Old Seattle feelWolfgangDined on 9/10/2014Ivar's is a great place to bring an out-of-town guest who is not after the greatest meal in Seattle but a "Seattle" experience. The sampler meal--salmon, halibut, prawns--was just fine. Ample, with mashed potatoes and vegetables. Nothing trendy. View of the water and ferries is great. Okay, not great, for kids. Chicken and steak on menu for non-fish eaters. Decor is very pleasant. Our waiter was very slow, but the people around us seemed to get good service, so just bad luck, I guess. Since we weren't in any hurry, it didn't much matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.ThriftyValueEddieDined on 9/6/2014Waitress was pleasant and delightful but not intrusive. View with ferry lights was mesmerizing. Waitress recommended bacon wrapped halibut. I think bacon goes with many things but not a perfect combo. Had drinks and calamari in the bar while we waited for a table by the window. Only took 5 min and beers and appetizers were half off 2 to close. Free dessert with candle for birthday wife. Ivar's temporarily closing in a month for about 9 months for sea wall construction, GO NOW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ivar dinnerRotaflingDined on 9/6/2014very good food specially starters crab and goat cheese main courses king salmon and grolled trio also very good. professional friendy (older) waiter but..... reception young girls uninteressted, unfriendly, badly dressed talking to each other seems more important than being customer friendly. Bringing customers to their tables could have been done with a so much better attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The best thing about Ivar's is that it's close to the ferry. Other than that and the view, it's not worth the price.
- Service excellen, food great tooBigWOWDined on 9/5/2014thing that was most impressive with Ivars was service. though our server did not have a name tag, if she gave us her name, we did not get it. But she could not have been more accomodating. Like many folks nearing senior age, we simply purchased a salad and a main meal with the intention of spliltting it. our server understood this and anticipated it and without complaint and in a very pleasant way, split all of the food and presented it as if it were individual portions. the food was excellent (baked salmon), local micro brews offered, also excellent. Just great in all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet Ferry folksEverettEpicureDined on 9/2/2014Great place to meet out of town folks who could walk on the ferry then enjoy world famous local clam chowder as well as other yummy regional offerings. Also great place to celebrate special occasions such as birthdays which we also did. Appreciated attentive yet unobtrusive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014I have eaten at Ivar's many times. It is always good; a must do with out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodismeDined on 8/30/2014Ivar's is our go-to place for great seafood - either at the clam bar or in-house dining. Food is always good. You can't beat their happy hour. Great waterfront place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not worth moneydrtjDined on 8/29/2014For a clam house had the weakest clam chowder, smoked salmon chowder was much better. Over all food needs work, just good, nothing special. Way overrated compared to restaurants near by.
- Excellent Seattle waterfront diningKenJDined on 8/29/2014August 29, 2014: Our party of 4 all ordered salmon (one Sockeye and 4 King) from the specials menu. These meals were very well prepared and presented. The Pacific northwest salmon are the best available, and these were no exception; very fresh, very tasty. I thought all meals were (very) slightly overcooked however and would recommend that you order yours "medium" or "medium-raw" for the best combination of flavor and texture.Special Features:
- nice foodleelooDined on 8/25/2014the food was great, the service was brilliant, I highly recommend this place even from the outside the restaurant seemed a bit outdated the overall experience was greatSpecial Features:
- Happy PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014It had been several years since our last visit to Ivar's Acres of Clams but I must say this time it was as good as always. We brought out of town guests and they enjoyed it very much. The food and views were excellent. The staff were efficient and friendly and we will definitely come back and recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- openwindowgreatfoodDined on 8/25/2014We sat in the conference room area of the dining room and had a window seat. There was 4 in my party and one person was from Colorado. We had a table next to the large window that opened and had lots of fresh air coming in. It was a hot day and we really enjoyed the open window and the seafood dinners we all ordered. The fellow from Colorado really enjoyed the dining experience, with the ferry traffic coming and going. We all enjoyed the dining experience and will return again. Thank you. Harold LewisSpecial Features:
- Ivar's Clammy As EverK9dietzDined on 8/24/2014The clam chowder is why you come, the rest of the meal was fine and three of us shared a piece of carrot cake which was delicious. Our service left a lot to be desired while the wait staff around us was engaging our waiter, it felt, really didn't want to be there and as a result the meal wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been.Special Features:
- Best Crab Cakes I've Ever HadcherylscarletVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I were visiting from Denver and of course indulged every meal with seafood, but Ivar's crab cakes really stuck out to me during our entire trip. Absolutely scrumptious!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Brought out of town guests and enjoyed ourselves. Our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapphire7Dined on 8/23/2014The overall service was very good - prompt, efficient and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bowl of chowder was way too small.Hawkman670Dined on 8/22/2014I have so many good memories of Ivar's from when I was a boy. I remember their large bowl of chowder and their emblem on the rim of the bowl.it was a disappointing to try and relive the experience of my childhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in SeattleBoiseBobDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Ivar's many times and the food, service and ambiance always are top notch. For us, Ivar's is a must do item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and location but...FoodfunVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great view and location, however average over priced food and service. For a great Ivar's dinner go to Salmon House!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBoiseBobDined on 8/19/2014A must do after traveling from Philadelphia PA! Ivars has been around a long time and has been a personal favorite for many years. This was a "must do" while visiting the Seattle area.Special Features:
- August 19, 2014 LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Our waitress (Ashley ?) was very speedy as we told her we were in a hurry. She brought the food quickly and delivered to each person without asking what we ordered (efficient) She then brought our bills early on so that we could pay without hurrying at the end of meal. The noise level makes it feel more like a cafeteria than a dining room but I guess we were not looking for more than that and would not come in if we wanted to have a private meeting. ds
- AlohafromHawaiiDined on 8/18/2014We dined here for dinner 7 years ago and note that the food and service are still consistently excellent.Special Features:
- as good as elliott's oyster houseseattlecamperDined on 8/17/2014We always go Elliott's, but they couldn't house a group of 6 until 2pm and we were looking for brunch around noon. Ivar's was able to get us in and give us a water view as well. The server was friendly. He was attentive, but not annoying. The food was very good. I had the grilled king salmon. They had 2 versions, one on the fresh sheet and one that is always on their menu. I had the one that's always on the menu and it was great. My wife and I also shared a crab dip as an appetizer which was yummy. Everything came out timely and our whole group really enjoyed it. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafoodluv2eatVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our fist time a Ivar's. Did no disappoint. Nice view of the bay. Excellent service from all staff members. My chiopino was flavorful served in generous portion. Hubby had a fish platter which he savored. Drinks were great. Will definitely return when I'm in Seattle.Special Features:
- pre game dinerpregamedinerDined on 8/15/2014Food was good, but needed more waitstaff (ours was waiting too many tables and was hard to get his attention). There was confusion on his part as to a bar drink I wanted at my dining room table-- he thought it could only be ordered at the bar, and seemed unwilling or unable to accommodate. English was his second language, and was difficult to understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My out of town family had a brief stop over in Seattle, and Ivar's was able to accommodate our large group on a Seahawks Friday night on short notice. The waiter was very accommodating; explaining menu options and not rushing our group as our meal wound down and we lingered over coffee to visit just a little while longer. Overall the food was great, with one noticeable misstep. The deep fried seafood was overcooked and dry, with a very hard crunch. For the price, we expected tender and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty seafood!FoodiesDined on 8/14/2014Got a great view of the ferries as they docked and left since we got a table near the window. Seafood was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avg pricey food and poor serviceSeattletouristaDined on 8/14/2014The dishes were average at best, we had the fish and chips, crab legs, two kinds of chowder, and crab cakes. None stood out. Worse though was the slow and inattentive service. This is a tourist trap. Stay away!Special Features:
- Un bon repasLuv2fishDined on 8/13/2014We walked form our hotel, it took a lot longer than we expected so we were 30 minutes late for our reservation - although Ivars was quite busy we were seated immediately at a window table win a wonderful view. The food, service and ambience was awesome! Thanks!Special Features:
- Wide variety of seafoodsxmscorpioDined on 8/11/2014Busy, popular restaurant. We had an 8.30pm reservation and the restaurant was amost full at that time. Food is traditional sea-food which most people probably want. Our server started off very efficient but tapered off so we had to wait a while for a second drink and even longer for the check.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentGFfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Always too choice when town. It is common for restaurants with the perfect location and view to be lazy with food quality and creativity. Not so here. Traditional fare, but prepared with today's care and standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of food was poorPoorQualityDined on 8/7/2014The general quality of the food was poor, fish was greasy and the some dishes were cold (should have been warm). Service was only fair. We had some food leftover but we did not eat when we returned home. We have eaten a Ivar's before but this time it was an experience I would not like to repeat.