Ivar's Acres of Clams
1001 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
Waterfront / Belltown
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ivar's Acres of Clams
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ivars.com/
- Phone: 2066246852x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
7 Days A Week!: 3:00 pm to Close
NOTE: Holidays may vary. Hours and menus subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Garr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining rooms seat up to 50. Choose from our Spirit of The Bay Room or Duwamish Room for a private dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Rose (206) 624-6852x
- Cross Street: Between Spring and Madison
- Public Transit: FREE Waterfront Streetcar Bus Line (Route 99): http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/wfsc/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available just across the street. Parking is free on Sundays and select holidays.
*If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the Monday that follows is a free parking day. For more parking info visit http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/parking/rates_general.htm#free
A word from Ivar's Acres of Clams
Ivar’s Original Acres of Clams has been a Seattle tradition since 1938. The city's colorful waterfront at Pier 54 provides a scenic backdrop for this attractive yet informal restaurant where, as ferryboats glide by the window, you'll dine on Ivar's traditional favorites and other delicious Northwest seafood from our daily fresh sheet. The main menu also features fresh steamed clams, salmon, Dungeness crab salad, halibut, Ivar's famous fish 'n chips, Puget Sound clam chowder and much more.Continued
Best Seafood in Western Washington Winner - 2008
Washington Wine Award of Distinction Winner - 2009
Washington Wine Award Certificate of Recognition - 2012
Best Seafood in Western Washington Winner - 2008
Washington Wine Award of Distinction Winner - 2009
Washington Wine Award Certificate of Recognition - 2012
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Ivar's Acres of Clams - Best Restaurants in Waterfront / Belltown ›
Ivar's Acres of Clams reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (145)special occasion (80)kid-friendly (79)good for groups (79)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (35)romantic (29)great for brunch (24)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Happy PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014It had been several years since our last visit to Ivar's Acres of Clams but I must say this time it was as good as always. We brought out of town guests and they enjoyed it very much. The food and views were excellent. The staff were efficient and friendly and we will definitely come back and recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We sat in the conference room area of the dining room and had a window seat. There was 4 in my party and one person was from Colorado. We had a table next to the large window that opened and had lots of fresh air coming in. It was a hot day and we really enjoyed the open window and the seafood dinners we all ordered. The fellow from Colorado really enjoyed the dining experience, with the ferry traffic coming and going. We all enjoyed the dining experience and will return again. Thank you. Harold LewisSpecial Features:
- Ivar's Clammy As EverK9dietzDined on 8/24/2014The clam chowder is why you come, the rest of the meal was fine and three of us shared a piece of carrot cake which was delicious. Our service left a lot to be desired while the wait staff around us was engaging our waiter, it felt, really didn't want to be there and as a result the meal wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Brought out of town guests and enjoyed ourselves. Our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sapphire7Dined on 8/23/2014The overall service was very good - prompt, efficient and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bowl of chowder was way too small.Hawkman670Dined on 8/22/2014I have so many good memories of Ivar's from when I was a boy. I remember their large bowl of chowder and their emblem on the rim of the bowl.it was a disappointing to try and relive the experience of my childhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in SeattleBoiseBobDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Ivar's many times and the food, service and ambiance always are top notch. For us, Ivar's is a must do item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and location but...FoodfunVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great view and location, however average over priced food and service. For a great Ivar's dinner go to Salmon House!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBoiseBobDined on 8/19/2014A must do after traveling from Philadelphia PA! Ivars has been around a long time and has been a personal favorite for many years. This was a "must do" while visiting the Seattle area.Special Features:
- August 19, 2014 LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Our waitress (Ashley ?) was very speedy as we told her we were in a hurry. She brought the food quickly and delivered to each person without asking what we ordered (efficient) She then brought our bills early on so that we could pay without hurrying at the end of meal. The noise level makes it feel more like a cafeteria than a dining room but I guess we were not looking for more than that and would not come in if we wanted to have a private meeting. ds
- AlohafromHawaiiDined on 8/18/2014We dined here for dinner 7 years ago and note that the food and service are still consistently excellent.Special Features:
- as good as elliott's oyster houseseattlecamperDined on 8/17/2014We always go Elliott's, but they couldn't house a group of 6 until 2pm and we were looking for brunch around noon. Ivar's was able to get us in and give us a water view as well. The server was friendly. He was attentive, but not annoying. The food was very good. I had the grilled king salmon. They had 2 versions, one on the fresh sheet and one that is always on their menu. I had the one that's always on the menu and it was great. My wife and I also shared a crab dip as an appetizer which was yummy. Everything came out timely and our whole group really enjoyed it. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafoodluv2eatVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our fist time a Ivar's. Did no disappoint. Nice view of the bay. Excellent service from all staff members. My chiopino was flavorful served in generous portion. Hubby had a fish platter which he savored. Drinks were great. Will definitely return when I'm in Seattle.Special Features:
- pre game dinerpregamedinerDined on 8/15/2014Food was good, but needed more waitstaff (ours was waiting too many tables and was hard to get his attention). There was confusion on his part as to a bar drink I wanted at my dining room table-- he thought it could only be ordered at the bar, and seemed unwilling or unable to accommodate. English was his second language, and was difficult to understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My out of town family had a brief stop over in Seattle, and Ivar's was able to accommodate our large group on a Seahawks Friday night on short notice. The waiter was very accommodating; explaining menu options and not rushing our group as our meal wound down and we lingered over coffee to visit just a little while longer. Overall the food was great, with one noticeable misstep. The deep fried seafood was overcooked and dry, with a very hard crunch. For the price, we expected tender and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty seafood!FoodiesDined on 8/14/2014Got a great view of the ferries as they docked and left since we got a table near the window. Seafood was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avg pricey food and poor serviceSeattletouristaDined on 8/14/2014The dishes were average at best, we had the fish and chips, crab legs, two kinds of chowder, and crab cakes. None stood out. Worse though was the slow and inattentive service. This is a tourist trap. Stay away!Special Features:
- Un bon repasLuv2fishDined on 8/13/2014We walked form our hotel, it took a lot longer than we expected so we were 30 minutes late for our reservation - although Ivars was quite busy we were seated immediately at a window table win a wonderful view. The food, service and ambience was awesome! Thanks!Special Features:
- Wide variety of seafoodsxmscorpioDined on 8/11/2014Busy, popular restaurant. We had an 8.30pm reservation and the restaurant was amost full at that time. Food is traditional sea-food which most people probably want. Our server started off very efficient but tapered off so we had to wait a while for a second drink and even longer for the check.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentGFfoodieDined on 8/10/2014Always too choice when town. It is common for restaurants with the perfect location and view to be lazy with food quality and creativity. Not so here. Traditional fare, but prepared with today's care and standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of food was poorPoorQualityDined on 8/7/2014The general quality of the food was poor, fish was greasy and the some dishes were cold (should have been warm). Service was only fair. We had some food leftover but we did not eat when we returned home. We have eaten a Ivar's before but this time it was an experience I would not like to repeat.
- Ivar's 8/6/14lindybluDined on 8/6/2014We had 9 in our party, from 6 yrs old to 85 yrs old. Everyone had a great meal and a nice time. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!BlackDiamond13Dined on 8/3/2014I had never been to this location before but had a great time with my date. The view was beautiful and the food was absolutely delicious. Our waitress was efficient and took good care of us, making sure we had enough food and drink, but not stopping by too often or intruding. Neither my date not I were particularly hungry but we both managed to finish nearly everything on our plates. I'll definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014great food and service had a wonderful time no waiting got right in kid friendly great drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014Everyone really enjoyed their food. I loved my grilled halibut! It was great!Special Features:
- Great seafoodLocalGuyDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time in Seattle and several people recommended Ivar's. We weren't disappointed! The fried calamari was very good, just not super crunchy. The salmon and halibut were excellent. Service was very attentive and since our server knew the menu and wine list inside and out, she made great pairing recommendations. Definitely a must when your in Seattle.Special Features:
- Go for the food . . .DocTeeDined on 8/1/2014. . . not the ambiance. Everyone in our party of 5 remarked at how good the food was. Unlike other restaurants, Ivar's managed to get the fish to the table without overcooking. The ambiance is another story: loud, crowded and bustlingI would recommend this to a friend.
- GiantDined on 8/1/2014Lived up to its outstanding reputation. Red Clam Chowder was world class. Fried clams were superb....large and flavorful. All went well with the "Alaskan" beer on draft. View was great and our server was quick, pleasant, and on top of our requirements. Price was surprisingly moderate for such a popular establishment.Special Features:
- Nice Vacation SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014We went to Ivar's the last night of our vacation. Our view was of the harbor which was filled with seagulls. it is definitely a tourist place, but the food was good and the service excellent!Special Features:
- Brithday DinnerCOB739Dined on 7/31/2014Had a great time at Ivar's, was the end of a great week visiting Seattle. Great way to celebrate my 64th birthday. Food was excellent and a great variety on the menu. Ambience was great being able to look out over the waterfront and bay during dinner. Food was outstanding all orders arrived on time and hot not one mistake at all. Our waiter Trenton did a great job never saw him write anything down but all orders were correct when arriving at the table. Seen Trenton do it at two other tables also. He as also very attentive to our needs during our meal and then topped it off with a piece of strawberry short cake for the birthday boy. So very thoughtful of the restaurant and staff. Would highly recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but very noisyBruceVIPDined on 7/27/2014I almost rated this very good (4 stars) because of food and service, but the noise level and less than full open bay view caused us to give it a "good" overall rating.Special Features:
- BruinVIPDined on 7/27/2014Amazing food and service! Great location right on the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go Wrong With This View!TexasEx91VIPDined on 7/25/2014Put a restaurant facing West on the Seattle Harbor and it's hard to go wrong. Was able to snag a reservation on OpenTable, so gave it a go for my family of five. Table was ready as was the wonderful wait staff. Food was good, and given its location, reasonably priced. Very kid friendly which was great for a tired family. My wife and I split a fried platter...love it when a restaurant splits it for us. Kids meals were well portioned and they were very happy. Would definitely return next time in Seattle.Special Features:
- Disappointed...........TattlerDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant had been recommended highly and two of us ordered the platter of fish, clams, shrimp and fries. We relished the calamari appetizer and looked forward to the main course. However all of the food was overcooked, very dark brown in color, too crispy and literally tasteless. Our waiter was not attentive to our needs and did not ask if everything was OK. He forgot my iced tea. The food at the airport Ivars which I had during our return layover in Seattle was much better. I should have complained at the time we ate at the Seattle restaurant, but the attitude of the server prevented me from raising any issues. If addressed at all, I thought it would only be with extreme prejudice.
- Great FoodDiningDuoDined on 7/25/2014Great food. Halibut is cooked just right and the clam chowder is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the waterfront - icon restaurantTrefDined on 7/24/2014Ivar's restaurant is an iconic restaurant on the Seattle water front. Great place for a special occasion or visiting friends and family. It can be a bit noisy in the restaurant and if there is a Seahawk game on in the bar area it gets very noisy. It's a seafood restaurant and their Fish & Chips are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST clams EVER!EstherDined on 7/21/2014We have been waiting months for our trip to Seattle and the very first place we went was to Ivars. It has the best clam chowder I've ever had; fresh is so much better than their frozen kind sold in California that bears the Ivar's name. My son and I shared the Steamers and it was plenty to fill us up. No sand in the clams, either. All yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiDined on 7/19/2014We came with a party of 7 and were running a bit behind. The Hostess was very professional, and took care of us very quickly in spite of our tardiness. Seth was a wonderful server. Our friends visiting from Florida really enjoyed themselves. We take many Seattle visitors to your Restaurant. Thank you for the fine food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- worth a try not good date placecausalDined on 7/18/2014Food was good portion was small price was high view if you call it that fast to get food for ever to get check and refill on drinks was worse call for reservations or plain a long waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still wonderful Decades later.EatingWellInWADined on 7/17/2014I have dined here with my father since I was five, Ivar would sit & chat at our table. This Visit was with my Mum, Her Fiance & my 3 year old Daughter. The ambiance now has not changed much. Comfortable & intimate. Tables spaced so that you don't hear the conversation at the next table. Pleasant view. Well lit, not too bright. Crayons & a menu to draw on. Ivar's White Clam chowder is still the best I've had in a restaurant. I lived in Massachusetts & searched everywhere to find white clam chowder as good & never did. The Acre's of Clams dish is still a delight to my palate. The Salmon was, as always, near perfection. My daughter loved the salmon. Though I miss the warm sourdough rolls, the viking chowder & Ivar, Ivar's did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.