Itta Bena at B.B. King's
145 Beale Street
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Itta Bena at B.B. King's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ittabenamemphis.com/
- Phone: (901) 578-3031
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm, Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bring the best of B.B. King's Blues Club to your next catered event. From BBQ wild salmon to a beautiful filet mignon allow our talented chefs complete your experience by adding that delta flavor. We are also able to provide world class entertainment bringing the energy of B.B. King's to you.
- Private Party Facilities: Welcome to your one stop entertainment venue. From the rich intimate setting of our Itta Bena room to the lively energetic B.B. King's Club down below we are able to offer everything you could ever want in a private event space. With the help of our full time Sales & Marketing Manager your special event is sure to be unforgettable. Food, fun & music all in one place.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Carter Smith (901)578-3031
- Entertainment: Itta Bena is located in a private room above B.B. King's Blues Club on historic Beale St. Live music enchants our guests and enhances the nearly surreal dining experience. On Wednesday nights, Ms DiAnne Price, a rare jewel of a performer, comments:"When I play, I’m telling a story, and no matter where I start, the audience goes along with me." And on Fridays and Saturday nights, Susan Marshall enchants her audience, being arguably the contemporary Memphis scene's most powerful and versatile pure singer yet (According to The Memphis Flyer). Visit our website to learn more.
A word from Itta Bena at B.B. King's
Located on the third floor of B.B. King's Blues Club overlooking historic Beale Street you will find Itta Bena "A unique delta experience". Whether entering from our private Second Street entrance via our valet service or walking through the secret hall from inside B.B. King's Blues Club, Itta Bena is sure to capture your senses. Modeled after the speakeasies from the 1920's, you are a true VIP as a friendly member of our staff escorts you to the third floor. The experience is further heightened when you step inside and find yourself surrounded by rich wood floors, vaulted ceilings, deep golden hued chandeliers and the faint sound of the bustling street below. Touching all the senses, we enrich your evening by offering a delta inspired menu of robust flavors and clean presentation. Itta Bena is a complete overwhelming of the senses that you must experience for yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Itta Bena at B.B. King's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Itta Bena at B.B. King's reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (65)fit for foodies (42)scenic view (32)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (22)hot spot (19)late-night find (15)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- KaterDined on 11/19/2014This is one of the prettiest restaurants in Memphis. It amazes me that some have still not been there. Chris is a welcoming hands on manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!memgrizz8Dined on 11/19/2014This was my first time to Itta Bena. The atmosphere was unique and was the perfect place for a romantic dinner. The service was great. The food was absolutely incredible. My date and I are still talking about how delicious our dinner was. We will definitely be back to dine at Itta Bena in the near future. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ddw 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014Food was absolutely horrible that we didn't even eat it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014Wonderful restaurant with great food, great service. great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experience!GOMEDined on 11/15/2014Our experience was great! Great food,wine ,and service was perfect! Our waiter was first class-we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedDeltagirlDined on 11/12/2014I have eaten at Itta Bena before and the food was divine. I thoroughly enjoyed the BBQ shrimp appetizer, but the red snapper was not up to par...very dry. The bread served with the appetizer was delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeJaf12Dined on 11/7/2014They were able to accommodate our unique diets by slightly altering dishes to make them gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent change of pace.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Our experience was a great change of pace from all the ribs we had been eating since our arrival in Memphis. Food was excellent. Service friendly. Wine list OK. Definately would go back and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Romantic cozy candle-litCleanplateclub1Dined on 11/3/2014I loved how easy it was to reserve a table online. I requested the most comfortable & private table that was available. The put us in a little room with shutters on the entry and a comfy both with pillows. The whole resturaunt was visually appealing with the blue tinted windows. Nice place for anniversary or other special occasion. Great food, although our appetizer was a bit pricy for the small portion. Good wine. Great Service. Wonderful memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014Finding the restrauant brings you back to the feel of prohibition. The service was outstanding and the blackened snapper and fried avocado stuffed with crab were absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Went to dinner for my girlfriend's 40th birthday. Had a great night and food was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Amazing food, amazing serviceDueSouthDined on 10/20/2014Everything about our experience at Itta Bena was perfect. I took my wife there for our anniversary and they set us up in a romantic corner booth and made sure we had everything we needed. The food was amazing. I had heard of Itta Bena but had no idea we had such a gem tucked away just above Beale Street. I've been raving about it ever since. We will definitely be going back and highly recommend the restaurant to anyone looking for downtown dining options.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerMomof3girlsDined on 10/19/2014We had heard great things about Itta Bena, so we decided to check it out for our anniversary. We had the crab cakes for an appetizer- nice crisp on the outside with a great crab bite inside. I had a Filet and my husband had a Ribeye, both steaks were perfectly cooked. I asked for marscapone grits instead of potatoes and they were delicious! Our service was wonderful, the ambience was perfect and the noise level was not an issue even though there was a table of 40 seated not far from us. Overall we had a very enjoyable experience and will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Treasure!SouthernFoodie2Dined on 10/18/2014Fabulous food in a terrific atmosphere. My guests were blown away. Soul food that earned a two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Great Food & VibeSuzeDined on 10/11/2014Our dinners were cooked to perfection. The sauces were great. The shrimp not overdone. The BBQ salmon was charred on the outside & tender and moist and delicious on the inside. The duck & waffles were very unique. The special hoisin sauce paired great with it. Wines were on special discount & tasty. Cappuccino was dense and creamy. Fabulous!Special Features:
- hidden gemjofontDined on 10/9/2014Fourth trip to Itta Bena. Always great setting, good food. Fun place to take new people to, from the unmarked door to the blue windows, always a treat. Only wish is that they would change the menu up some, same items for past year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014We have eaten at Itta Bena many times before, and it has become our go-to place to have dinner before a show at the FedEx Forum, since they are only a block apart from each other. The food was ok, but the service was not great on this visit. The server, Billy, was not on his A game, and he kept blaming the bar and the kitchen for the issues. Since we've had good experiences here before, we will give it another shot. Hoping for a better experience next time!
- It started as a special event...HappyBride0902Dined on 10/2/2014But, we will be regulars from now on. We have enjoyed some very nice meals in Memphis, but Itta Bena has surpassed them all. Our server, Mark, was professional, knowledgable and attentive. We arrived an hour before sunset (pre-theater timing), to find the dining area bathed in blue light created by the dropping sun hitting the window tint. They literally found a way to make a typically unromantic dining time very romantic! But, the star of the experience was the food. The crab cakes and blackened snapper were incredible! Even the dressing on the house salad was the best I've had. We simply loved it!Special Features:
- Disappointed1111Dined on 9/30/2014Very poor service for fine dining. We had to ask for a server, then he arrived with no personality. He got orders wrong. This is about our 4th trip but probably our last.Special Features:
- Great Choice for Beale StreetElConquistadorDined on 9/27/2014This is a must do if you are in Memphis. On the top floor of BB King's Club on Beale Street, it has the atmosphere of an old time "speak-easy" with a warm, inviting feeling. Since we had gone over to the Peabody to see the Duck Show, I ordered Duck that night which was great! I highly recommend this resturant and what makes it special is it is not advertised and they get most of their customers by word of mouth. If you go, keep it to yourself, as the small atmosphere is what make it happen!Special Features:
- foodiewannabeDined on 9/27/2014This was my first visit to Itta Bena but won't be my last. We had a friend in from NYC who is a bona fide foodie and wanted to take him some place memorable. Itta Bena was just perfect. The background music was great and just loud enough to hear but did not interfere with our conversation. Service was great - everyone was friendly and the food was fabulous. The four of us split appetizers - the avocado dish was amazing as was the bbq shrimp. We all enjoyed different entries and all agreed that they couldn't have been better. Thanks for a grand experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA like atmosphere.StaceyDined on 9/27/2014This place is a jewel. I felt like I was in a 5 star restaurant in New Orleans. They were completely able to eliminate the bustle of Beale Street and provide a secluded hideaway for a romantic preOrpheum dinner. I had the red snapper and my husband had the fillet. Both were perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Very nice evening. Food was delicious. Would eat there again.Special Features:
- Theatre traditionDSirDined on 9/25/2014we always enjoy Itta Bena's before we attend a play at the Orpheum. Food and service are always excellent and easy walk to the theatreSpecial Features:
- Perfect to dine before Orpheumcheers2uDined on 9/24/2014Perfect for dinner before show at Orpheum. Each of us had something different and all four of us were very pleased! We valet parked here, told attendant we were going to show, had a wonderful dinner and beverages and took short walk to Orpheum. After show came back to retrieve our vehicle where it was safe and sound! Next time, I'll ask for table overlooking Beale Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceDKW2Dined on 9/20/2014Everyone we encountered was friendly and welcoming. The food was fantastic. A very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night find!tinaDined on 9/20/2014This place is very cool. Laid back and quiet, but right on Beale street. The food was great. Try the shrimp and grits of you can. The service was spot on. Never felt overbearing or like he was trying to up sale or push anything. I feel in love with the white chocolate bread pudding! It's a must try! The restaurant is on the 3rd floor so be prepared to walk up stairs. It is worth it! I'll be going back. This is a great place for dinner before or after event at fed ex forum or orpheum theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmboydDined on 9/19/2014The service, food and atmosphere was outstanding! I would highly recommend the Appetizer, Fried green tomoatoes and for dinner The Blackened RedSnapper. Steven, our waiter, was courteous, studious, attentive, and timely! My only drawback is we did not get the corner room for our Anniversary on 09/19/2014.Special Features:
- Great Place!!LEELEEVIPDined on 9/15/2014I loved this place! Great place to dinner and see Beal Street....Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014The entire dining experience is consistently exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerDinetimeDined on 9/12/2014We had been wanting to try Itta Bena for some time and decided my birthday would be the perfect time. We were not disappointed! The shrimp and grit (added scallops), lamb chops and jambalaya were all terrific. Our server also offered chicken tenders and fries for my younger son. This was not on the menu, but hit the spot for him. The service was top notch. Oh, I almost forgot the bread pudding, this was also very good! Awesome birthday dinner!Special Features:
- Awesome mealSoutherngalDined on 9/12/2014Visited this restaurant during a girls weekend. Food was tasty and prices reasonable. The atmosphere was just right for conversation and a good time. Would highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every moment!lovefoodwineDined on 9/6/2014After missing some big celebrations, we wanted to treat my parents to a special dinner to show them we do appreciate them. This was the perfect choice. Dad (who is well traveled and has high expectations) was blown away by the food and service, topped off by the low light ambiance and music. We had to take our kids (not planned) and the chef brought out a wonderful dessert for them, treating them like princesses. The entire night was magical, I am not overstating. Ashely, our server, was brilliant in making our dining experience smooth and graceful! They will remember this night and we appreciate your efforts in making it a great gift for our parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurant!CaseyDined on 8/31/2014We come to Memphis at least once or twice a month. Itta Bena is by far one of our favorite restaurants. Food, atmosphere and view of Beale cannot be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden awayGAfoodieDined on 8/30/2014I LOVE being "in the know" mainly because I'm never "in the know" but a trip advisor review clued me in to this place - and a talkative local gave me exact directions! All I knew was that it was "above BB Kings" but nothing told me how to get to it. Finding the entrance (because there is no sign) felt like a treasure hunt! So exciting! And it WAS a treasure! I loved the decor complete with dark film over the windows so no one below could tell there was anything out of the ordinary going on up there! It gave Beale street an ethereal glow. The live entertainment was rich and dripping with soul - a piano and guitar duet singing everything from Norah Jones to Etta James. And the food was delicious and the portions extremely generous!Special Features:
- AnniversarywelovefoodDined on 8/28/2014My Wife and I sent there last week for our Anniversary. It was our first time and we Will be back. The atmosphere was Awesome and the food was Devine.Special Features:
- Tourist TrapFoodieDined on 8/26/2014This was my second time dining at Itta Bena. I had reservations for three at 5:00. There wasn't a warm reception upon entering. When I walked in two servers were sitting at the bar eating and took their time seating me. After I was led to a table, I asked if the curtains at our table could be opened and the waiter told me they don't open the shades until the sun goes down. Literally another group of four walked in twenty minutes later while the sun was still up and the waiter opened the shades for them. I was given a new waiter who was professional and pleasant. We ordered crab cakes, house salad, shrimp and grits, red snapper, and the avocado stuffed crab meat salad. The best thing we ate were the crab cakes. Everything else was blasé.Special Features:
- Always a treat...TKPeacockDined on 8/25/2014Itta Bena is consistently offers outstanding food, service and atmosphere. The blue windows reflect the calmness inside the restaurant and keep out the sounds of BB King's below and Beale Street. Worth every dollar!!!!
- Cool Location & BarMidtownerDined on 8/22/2014The hidden location on Beale above BB Kings is awesome. Feels like you are in a different world. I'd go back again for cocktails and a small plate or appetizer at the bar. It is actually pretty quiet and you can gaze through deep blue tinted windows and see a different view of Beale Street.Special Features:
- Dinner on Beale StreettinaDined on 8/22/2014The food & service was very good. We enjoyed the wine list. Location on Beale street was very nice. Great place to go eat before any event on Beale or fed ex forum. We will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.