Ithaki Modern Mediterranean
25 Hammatt Street
Ipswich, MA 01938Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ithaki Modern Mediterranean
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ithakicuisine.com/
- Phone: (978) 356-0099
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for details.
- Private Party Contact: Petros 9788366316
A word from Ithaki Modern Mediterranean
ITHAKI continues to delight the senses - cuisine steeped in tradition yet innovatively crafted, warm and professional service, elegant dining rooms adorned with exquisite flower arrangements. Please join us in savoring our Greek and Mediterranean cuisine, food created under the warmth of the sun and enjoyed in the spirit of friendship and camaraderie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Ithaki Modern Mediterranean - Best Restaurants in Ipswich ›
Ithaki Modern Mediterranean reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (22)good for groups (21)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent food and service, but on the pricey side. Would come for special occasions.
- Creative cuisinesimilesDined on 7/2/2014We are continually impressed with the creativity and design and discipline that chef Petros brings to creating dishes from fresh local ingredients.Special Features:
- excellentGdwddDined on 6/28/2014Hello. We had an excellent experience. The wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly, without being too intrusive. The spacing of the tables was very good. We almost felt like we were alone. The meals were outstanding.Special Features:
- Best restaurant on the North Shore!saugusfoxVIPDined on 6/27/2014Trip to your restaurant is a once a week occasion for 18 years! Love your fresh salads, Octopus! Menu selection, dinner presentation, flower arrangements , excellent service and making your customers very special every time like a first time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/26/2014Absolutely wonderful food and service. Personal favorites are the chicken lemon soup (avgolemeno), four dip hors d'oeuvres, Greek salad, and galactobouriko dessert. Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingRockyDined on 6/24/2014I'm sorry to say my party of six was a bit disappointed in Ithaki this time. We've been going there for years, and some of us may go back again, but this trip was disappointing. The lamb shank was terrific. The lamb kabobs were fine. The snapper special was very disappointing. Loaded with bones, (all 3 servings) very dry and tasteless The menu was limited......maybe a dozen or so entrees listed, two of them were filet mignon dishes and we were told at 6:30 in the evening.......a Tuesday night......they were out of beef filets. Not acceptable. Wine list also disappointing. Pinot Noir by the glass was bitter. A casual mention of the 20% gratuity added to the bill would have been thoughtful as well.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014One of the group, widely traveled, said, "This tops the best of New York."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 6/22/2014Grilled octopus appetizer was a delight, tender and juicy, though with some burn spots. delicious moussakas too.
- Awesome food!TheycallmeporkyDined on 6/21/2014We were looking for a different type of food experience and we hadn't eaten much Greek food. This place served many good dishes. our cocktails were generous. My girlfriend had the lamb kabob and it was out of this world. I had mousakas and it was great. I had never experienced Greek food and I'm ready to go back! This was a great place in all areas. I do just want to mention that we felt a bit rushed and the food (while perfectly cooked and totally delicious!) came very soon after we ordered and had hardly started our cocktails. I know we could've manged this better and will next time we go because this was a very little blip on the radar!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Our party of five enjoyed a fine dining experience in a comfortable and well designed ambient atmosphere with exceptional staff and service and carefully prepared appetizers and main dishes with the freshest ingredients. This was one of our many return visits to this fine restaurant and we anticipate enjoying many future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but authentic Greek cuisineartgreencat0Dined on 6/21/2014Greek food at it's best. From the Greek salad to the red snapper to my moussaka, and the Argentinian Malbec...we were content. The espresso machine was broken, so that was a bit of a bummer at the end, but mostly this was a superb gastronomic experience. Take a walk around the neighborhood after to view great colonial homes and work off the food.Special Features:
- Great foodSusanFossDined on 6/14/2014I've been here several times and the food is always good and the service too. We've had several dishes off the menu and never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Modern Mediterranean JointAdamDined on 6/13/2014Very good food, service was perfect and the prices are spot on, more than fair for the quality and portion sizes you get. Wine list could be a little deeper, but what they offer is good enough and the place really is very nice. Personally if they added a few more selections of red wine, I'd come here a lot more. Overall I give this place a solid A.Special Features:
- Lemon delightsSophiananaDined on 6/11/2014Egg Lemon Soup (Avolgliemo) and Limoncello Cake are my favorite dishes. Everything is well prepared and presented. The ambiance is intimate and bright. Ithaki offers a mix of upscale and traditional Greek cuisine which is so hard to find.so hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced good foodAnnieDined on 6/8/2014The food was okay, not great and did not warrant the prices. Will not go back.
- Great place for dinner and brunchappleVIPDined on 6/8/2014Ithaki has been around for a long time. Unfortunately I don't get here very often, but when I do, it is always very good. It is a nice mix of authentic, Greek-inspired dishes with a modern sensibility. It is a very pleasant environment and our server was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good foodRoloDined on 6/7/2014Excellent food, best Greek salads and lamb dishes. Wine list and price point all goodSpecial Features:
- Fine Greek dining and great serviceNancyKDined on 6/6/2014We had not been to Ithaki in a number of years, and decided to try it with guests. We had reservations, were seated promptly, and had - from the moment we sat down - impeccable yet friendly service. We shared two appetizers among the four of us, a bread-spread assortment and fried calamari. The spreads were good, the calamari outstanding. Two of us had a daily fish special (halibut), which was wonderful; another the lamb shanks, which were highly praised (I didn't taste it); and one the pastitio, which did not get rave reviews. It was a very different recipe from the versions we'd eaten before, and we didn't much like it. Regional variation, perhaps. But all in all, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- RustyDined on 6/3/2014Had dinner with friends on a Tuesday night and we all had the something from the specials menu. Very good pan-seared halibut with a stuffed pepper that was delicious. Good beet salad appetizer. Very enjoyable meal and we'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Yummy food!BeachwalkerVIPDined on 5/25/2014We specially loved the lamb shank and the greek salad. You could not have a more delicious and fresh Greek salad anywhereSpecial Features:
- MaloDined on 5/24/2014Never had a bad meal at Ithaki. The grilled Octopus appetizer is our favorite. It is our adult children's choice of restaurant when they are visiting from New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IthakiPerkiDined on 5/16/2014This was a very good restaurant. Food was well prepared, very good flavor and the portions were reasonable. The menu offered a good number of selections. We had the special of the day, Haddock and the lamb kabobs. Both were excellent. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Why did we wait so long??A2TLDDDined on 5/11/2014We dined mid-afternoon on Mother's Day with friends and Ithaki was a hit! We were seated immediately on arrival; our waiter was attentive from the moment we sat down. Calamari appetizer=excellent; the Greek salad gets a 10 for presentation. It was fresh and very delicious. My filet mignon could not have been any better; it was served with roasted potatoes and onion and broccolini (extremely difficult to cut) and a very tasty brown pan sauce. My husband had pastitsio, as did one of our friends; our other friend had Moussaka. Everything was perfect. We had lemoncello cake (1 piece to share as we were all stuffed) and it was very refreshing with a tart raspberry sauce and white chocolate curls on top. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food terrible mixed drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014The food was delicious, especially the salmon and moussaka. I would suggest getting beer or wine though. The mixed drinks were filled with ice and very watered down. Disappointing for an $11 drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTEG8Dined on 5/11/2014Disappointing. Restaurant had posted a brunch and lunch menu on Facebook for Mother's Day, but only the dinner menu was being offered. Not cool!
- mothers day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014we took my mother to dinner for mothers day. everyone loved the food. waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentSheriDined on 5/10/2014Wonderful food and very good service. We started with grape leaves, then Greek salad, both very good. Delicious bread. My husband bot the pork duo, with braised pork and roasted with roasted potatoes, I got pastichio. One of the best meals we have had.Special Features:
- Consistently very goodChrisDined on 5/9/2014Never disappoints, noise level was higher than normalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Menu and ServiceGreeDined on 5/3/2014I met my sisters for a special dinner at Ithaki and we had a sumptuous meal. The calamari was extraordinary. The service was exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant for a special night out or just a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- One of the best in the areaRick23VIPDined on 4/26/2014I eat at Ithaki several times a year. The food is always good. Service can be a bit slow on busy nights but if you are out to enjoy a meal, this is a grey spot.Special Features:
- all outstandingpeteaDined on 4/26/2014terrific appetizers and lamb shank; excellent service, very accommodating when we needed a new tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gemNawthShoaDined on 4/25/2014Husband thought the Greek salad was the best salad he ever had. The Mousakas and Pastitsio were both delicious! The Galactobourikos was omg good! Had the Spanakopita before and it was good, too. Will be returning soon I hope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything just mediocremavengirlDined on 4/25/2014Organic chicken was tasty but for $26 I would have expected more than a tiny handful (if that) of the vegetables that accompanied the chicken. Pasta dish was okay but nothing special. Felt the service was bare minimum. No pleasantries exchanged with host, or servers. Did not feel welcomed to the establishment. Everyone seemed put out or not in a good mood. It was a Friday night at 6pm when we visited and the restaurant was not yet busy and we had a reservation so not sure what the problem was. It was also freezing in the back dining room and took an hour to get warm enough so I ate with my coat on, which I observed other patrons doing as well.
- Never disappointedrobsamDined on 4/20/2014We're always pleased when we go to Ithaki. The tzatziki and moussaka are always delicious. The mageiritsa and tsoureki on Easter were a special treat.
- Ithaki!erasmus101Dined on 4/19/2014My wife and i went for my birthday lunch. First time there. Host was friendly and seated us immediately. Waitress was attentive and friendly. For appetizers, my wife had Avgolemono Soup, and I had flash fried calamari, Soup was very smooth and creamy with a wonderful flavor, just a touch of lemon. The calamari was fresh, light and crispy. Entree, my wife had the Mousakas. I had Greek salad with lamb kabobs, it was fresh and delicious, the lamb kabobs spiced and cooked just right. For dessert we tried the galaktoboureko, never had before. It was excellent, warm, creamy egg custard, wrapped in filo dough, served with sour cherry sauce. Final verdict: it can be a bit expensive , but for a special occasion Ithaki is totally worth it.Special Features:
- RoCrowVIPDined on 4/13/2014Ithaki is a little out of our way, but well worth the trip. My husband and I both had seafood entrees which were perfectly cooked and deliciously prepared; we chose a great wine from the generous selection. We appreciate that the bar is separated from the main dining room- in some other restaurants, the noise from a bar can be overwhelming. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysProteomicsDined on 4/11/2014Consistent, terrific Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. The specials are really special - had the scallop appetizer special and it was fabulous. A real gem North of Boston.Special Features:
- Great early dinner with a friendMiraDined on 4/11/2014We arrived around 4:45PM and sat in the bar area; it was very comfortable and quiet until well after 6:30PM. The service was excellent; our waitress non-intrusive but on the ball. Our food was excellent. I had the swordfish special and my friend had the salmon entree. I was pleasantly surprised that Ithaki could accommodate a gluten free diet such as mine. All in all, this was a great place to take my friend from Boston and to have some time with her over a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Great authentic Greek foodzgalVIPDined on 4/5/2014We all enjoyed a wonderful meal at Ithaki, starting with kalamari, Avgolemono soup and Greek salads. Meals were Moussaka, Halibut special, Lamb with Orzo. Desserts of Galaktoboureko and Bread Pudding were fabulous. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!MDOANE007Dined on 4/5/2014Another outstanding meal! Calamari to start was quite tasty and we enjoyed the salmon and halibut special entrees. We split the limoncello cake which was light, moist and quite tatty! We'd definitely get the same meal again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.