Ithaki Modern Mediterranean
25 Hammatt Street
Ipswich, MA 01938Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ithaki Modern Mediterranean
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ithakicuisine.com/
- Phone: 9783560099
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for details.
- Private Party Contact: Petros 9788366316
A word from Ithaki Modern Mediterranean
ITHAKI continues to delight the senses - cuisine steeped in tradition yet innovatively crafted, warm and professional service, elegant dining rooms adorned with exquisite flower arrangements. Please join us in savoring our Greek and Mediterranean cuisine, food created under the warmth of the sun and enjoyed in the spirit of friendship and camaraderie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Ithaki Modern Mediterranean - Best Restaurants in Ipswich ›
Ithaki Modern Mediterranean reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (52)romantic (32)great for lunch (21)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- RoCrowVIPDined on 8/13/2014We recently had the realization that Ithaki is closer to home than we believed- so now plan to come often. There have been some menu changes over the years, but we can always find something that is delicious; my husband and I enjoy a bottle of wine with the meal and found many unfamiliar (to us) wines from which to choose. We arrived very early for our res., but were still seated right away; the staff is pleasant, helpful and we shall return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety /excellent service.AndyVegasDined on 8/9/2014Our party of four selected several appetizers to share. We also shared a large serving of moussaka and a whole fish. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love IthakiJanice57Dined on 8/9/2014I love to bring friends here. It is always a hit! My friend had the Paella special and was really pleased. I am personally addicted to the Lamb Kebobs.Special Features:
- Very nice evening outLibrarianDined on 8/3/2014The Sunday night that we visited Ithaki turned out to be wonderful! Much less hubbub and noise, the service and the menu selections were very fine, along with just right-sized portions. (Their Greek salad, though composed untraditionally, was a delight in terms of color, texture, and freshness). And it seems that the restaurant changes its menu with each season, so returning there later in the year may just bring another adventure in Mediterranean cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply phenomenaltwotentsDined on 8/3/201417 years ago, we had the good fortune of eating at Ithaki the first week that they opened. We have been back quite often since. It is the perfect place to celebrate an important occasion or to entertain out-of-town guests. Each time that we've gone, we have been thoroughly happy with the quality of the food and the service. They continue to experiment with the menu, even though they have many years of success under their belts. They've never become complacent which makes every visit a new adventure. We have never had a disappointing meal there. The galacktoboureko dessert is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere and delicious!pamyianniDined on 8/2/2014Wonderful meal, elegant surroundings and attentive service: The service was attentive and knowledgeable. The appetizers pleased all of our group. There was something for every varied taste. The bread was perfect for the meal. The main courses were great portions, prepared with care and very delicious. Dessert was heavenly. Specialty cocktails were yummy as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Ithaki is always good and reliable! It is a town staple and everyone loves it! The food is always fresh and local when it can be. Thank heavens for Ithaki in Ipswich!Special Features:
- GBMalwayssearchingDined on 7/29/2014Nice bar menu good drinks mediocre service at best young hostess seemed confused fig dessert a disappointmentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Greek DinnerComputerGuyDined on 7/27/2014Our overall experience with a late-ish Sunday dinner was superb. We were welcomed warmly and seated immediately. My wife's cocktail was a vodka "Hot & Dirty" martini; she loved it. I don't drink alcohol, so I stuck with San Pellegrino. She began with cheese saganaki, which was flambéd at the table rather than roasted under a salamander, which was unusual but dramatic and effective. The cheese was perfect -- salty and slightly crusty and delicious. My stuffed grape leaves appetizer was excellent. We both had a lamb shank with orzo for our entrees. These were excellent and HUGE. (TWO lunches out of the take-homes!) The braised lamb just fell off the bone -- also excellent! She had fig mousse for dessert; we both had espresso. Great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Janice57Dined on 7/24/2014We met friends for dinner and as usual the food and drinks were excellent.Special Features:
- Quiet elegant mealBirthdaynightoutDined on 7/12/2014I was looking for an elegant spot with outstanding food of a special flair to celebrate a birthday dinner with my wife. It haji met all my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodNSDinerDined on 7/12/2014Our party of four had a lovely evening! The House cocktail were yummy and creative. We shared the spreads and pita and a salad special. Our dinners were excellent, although my fish special was a teeny bit salty. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner2duo5starsDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went to Ithaci,for my birthday,but we found that it was not as good as it had been times before.We went about 8 months ago,as it is about 40 minutes away for us,so more a special occasion place to go! The martini was wonderful,and so was the salad and marinated olives. My husband"s lamb shank was cold,and fatty! The waitress heated it up,but seemed maybe annoyed that he complained.-so hot it was not very good.My roast chicken dish ,which I have had there before,was very dry,with no sauce or flavor on chicken! The wine my husband had was a choice ha made,but was a lousy pinot noir from France. Also,for $10,the glass of wine was skimpy! We will not go there again,as we have lots of better places closer to home!Special Features:
- Fine for greek foodnewenglandjDined on 7/12/2014The "greek specialites" were great, but the rest of the menu is small
- Neighborhood upscale restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was good, great atmosphere. Selection was diverseSpecial Features:
- Mixed reviewEssenkennerDined on 7/11/2014My daughter treated me to a meal at Ithaki for my birthday. We anticipated it with excitement as all of our previous experiences here have been outstanding. For the most part this visit lived up to our expectations, but whoever plated my daughter's order of lamb on a skewer with rice pilaf and vegetables, squirted so much lemon on the asparagus topping the rice, that the rice was inedible. The other dishes were as excellent as we expected and the dessert, Galactabouriko (sp.?) was out of this galaxy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJanice57Dined on 7/8/2014We always enjoy going to Itahki and love bringing other people because they always love it too? I highly recommend the lamb kebobs!!Special Features:
- restaurant to ourselvesljlblueVIPDined on 7/6/2014We went right at their opening on Sunday no one but us here. The food was good, service good. Would like tio try again during a busier timeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent food and service, but on the pricey side. Would come for special occasions.
- Creative cuisinesimilesDined on 7/2/2014We are continually impressed with the creativity and design and discipline that chef Petros brings to creating dishes from fresh local ingredients.Special Features:
- excellentGdwddDined on 6/28/2014Hello. We had an excellent experience. The wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly, without being too intrusive. The spacing of the tables was very good. We almost felt like we were alone. The meals were outstanding.Special Features:
- Best restaurant on the North Shore!saugusfoxVIPDined on 6/27/2014Trip to your restaurant is a once a week occasion for 18 years! Love your fresh salads, Octopus! Menu selection, dinner presentation, flower arrangements , excellent service and making your customers very special every time like a first time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/26/2014Absolutely wonderful food and service. Personal favorites are the chicken lemon soup (avgolemeno), four dip hors d'oeuvres, Greek salad, and galactobouriko dessert. Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingRockyDined on 6/24/2014I'm sorry to say my party of six was a bit disappointed in Ithaki this time. We've been going there for years, and some of us may go back again, but this trip was disappointing. The lamb shank was terrific. The lamb kabobs were fine. The snapper special was very disappointing. Loaded with bones, (all 3 servings) very dry and tasteless The menu was limited......maybe a dozen or so entrees listed, two of them were filet mignon dishes and we were told at 6:30 in the evening.......a Tuesday night......they were out of beef filets. Not acceptable. Wine list also disappointing. Pinot Noir by the glass was bitter. A casual mention of the 20% gratuity added to the bill would have been thoughtful as well.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014One of the group, widely traveled, said, "This tops the best of New York."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 6/22/2014Grilled octopus appetizer was a delight, tender and juicy, though with some burn spots. delicious moussakas too.
- Awesome food!TheycallmeporkyDined on 6/21/2014We were looking for a different type of food experience and we hadn't eaten much Greek food. This place served many good dishes. our cocktails were generous. My girlfriend had the lamb kabob and it was out of this world. I had mousakas and it was great. I had never experienced Greek food and I'm ready to go back! This was a great place in all areas. I do just want to mention that we felt a bit rushed and the food (while perfectly cooked and totally delicious!) came very soon after we ordered and had hardly started our cocktails. I know we could've manged this better and will next time we go because this was a very little blip on the radar!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Our party of five enjoyed a fine dining experience in a comfortable and well designed ambient atmosphere with exceptional staff and service and carefully prepared appetizers and main dishes with the freshest ingredients. This was one of our many return visits to this fine restaurant and we anticipate enjoying many future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but authentic Greek cuisineartgreencat0Dined on 6/21/2014Greek food at it's best. From the Greek salad to the red snapper to my moussaka, and the Argentinian Malbec...we were content. The espresso machine was broken, so that was a bit of a bummer at the end, but mostly this was a superb gastronomic experience. Take a walk around the neighborhood after to view great colonial homes and work off the food.Special Features:
- Great foodSusanFossDined on 6/14/2014I've been here several times and the food is always good and the service too. We've had several dishes off the menu and never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Modern Mediterranean JointAdamDined on 6/13/2014Very good food, service was perfect and the prices are spot on, more than fair for the quality and portion sizes you get. Wine list could be a little deeper, but what they offer is good enough and the place really is very nice. Personally if they added a few more selections of red wine, I'd come here a lot more. Overall I give this place a solid A.Special Features:
- Lemon delightsSophiananaDined on 6/11/2014Egg Lemon Soup (Avolgliemo) and Limoncello Cake are my favorite dishes. Everything is well prepared and presented. The ambiance is intimate and bright. Ithaki offers a mix of upscale and traditional Greek cuisine which is so hard to find.so hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner and brunchappleDined on 6/8/2014Ithaki has been around for a long time. Unfortunately I don't get here very often, but when I do, it is always very good. It is a nice mix of authentic, Greek-inspired dishes with a modern sensibility. It is a very pleasant environment and our server was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good foodRoloDined on 6/7/2014Excellent food, best Greek salads and lamb dishes. Wine list and price point all goodSpecial Features:
- Fine Greek dining and great serviceNancyKDined on 6/6/2014We had not been to Ithaki in a number of years, and decided to try it with guests. We had reservations, were seated promptly, and had - from the moment we sat down - impeccable yet friendly service. We shared two appetizers among the four of us, a bread-spread assortment and fried calamari. The spreads were good, the calamari outstanding. Two of us had a daily fish special (halibut), which was wonderful; another the lamb shanks, which were highly praised (I didn't taste it); and one the pastitio, which did not get rave reviews. It was a very different recipe from the versions we'd eaten before, and we didn't much like it. Regional variation, perhaps. But all in all, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- RustyDined on 6/3/2014Had dinner with friends on a Tuesday night and we all had the something from the specials menu. Very good pan-seared halibut with a stuffed pepper that was delicious. Good beet salad appetizer. Very enjoyable meal and we'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Yummy food!BeachwalkerVIPDined on 5/25/2014We specially loved the lamb shank and the greek salad. You could not have a more delicious and fresh Greek salad anywhereSpecial Features:
- MaloDined on 5/24/2014Never had a bad meal at Ithaki. The grilled Octopus appetizer is our favorite. It is our adult children's choice of restaurant when they are visiting from New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IthakiPerkiDined on 5/16/2014This was a very good restaurant. Food was well prepared, very good flavor and the portions were reasonable. The menu offered a good number of selections. We had the special of the day, Haddock and the lamb kabobs. Both were excellent. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Why did we wait so long??A2TLDDDined on 5/11/2014We dined mid-afternoon on Mother's Day with friends and Ithaki was a hit! We were seated immediately on arrival; our waiter was attentive from the moment we sat down. Calamari appetizer=excellent; the Greek salad gets a 10 for presentation. It was fresh and very delicious. My filet mignon could not have been any better; it was served with roasted potatoes and onion and broccolini (extremely difficult to cut) and a very tasty brown pan sauce. My husband had pastitsio, as did one of our friends; our other friend had Moussaka. Everything was perfect. We had lemoncello cake (1 piece to share as we were all stuffed) and it was very refreshing with a tart raspberry sauce and white chocolate curls on top. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.