307 East 84th Street
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://italianissimonyc.net/
- Phone: 2126288603
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Prx-Fix Menu: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Campoverde
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Italianissimo
The instant you walk into Italianissimo Ristorante, you are overcome with a feeling of romance. When you arrive, your hosts for the evening sits you at a table adorned with gorgeous fresh flowers that evoke a certain elegance and charm. The maitre d' presents to you the nightly specials that Chef Luigi Campoverde (who is no stranger to the Upper East Side, with stints at Il Nido, Il Monello and Portofino Grill) is about to prepare in the kitchen. Diners who choose to pay with cash shall recieve a 20% discount on there entire check.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Italianissimo - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Italianissimo reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (19)romantic (10)special occasion (9)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (4)Show More
- food reviewrichardoDined on 7/31/2014Basic Italian red sauce. expensive for the basics.
- A "go-to" for romance and...cheshireVIPDined on 7/25/2014attentive service and excellent food. Small and intimate, you can actually have a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmt9livesDined on 7/12/2014This resturant is great. Food service and ambiance couldn't be better. Do not blink one might pass it just off corner of east 84th & Second AvenueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findUESfoodieVIPDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I took our three teenage daughters out for a birthday dinner. The staff was very pleasant, although the staff was a tad slow. We all enjoyed our dinners, The restaurant looks like a jewel box and felt very intimate.Special Features:
- Lovely findwenditushVIPDined on 6/19/2014I had been meaning to try this restaurant, having passed it walking around the neighborhood. I chose it for a small birthday dinner for a friend. The food was delicious. the service terrific. Only downer -- they only had one bottle of rose.Special Features:
- Fantastico!TracyNYCVIPDined on 6/14/2014I'm so happy to have this gem of a restaurant in my neighborhood. The food is amazing, service impeccable, ambience quaint and lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracyNYCVIPDined on 5/3/2014charming reataurant with great food, great service...will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Italianissimo reviews archive.
- Very enjoyablewocaplelVIPDined on 4/25/2014As always, a very enjoyable meal. Service is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableGoideatsDined on 4/23/2014All time favorite restaurant. Friendly service and fantastic food. Always some new addition to an already super menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CourtnycDined on 4/19/2014Came here with family. Food was excellent! Would certainly recommend and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood GemjlfreshDined on 4/17/2014The food here is great, service is better, and all in such a cute little place. Great romantic spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Italian, lovely stafferinbhansonDined on 4/15/2014This is hands down my husband's and my favorite restaurant on the UES. It is the perfect romantic spot, reminiscent of little off-the-beaten path trattorias you might find on a quiet street in Rome. The wait staff delivers impeccable and friendly service - they seem genuinely committed to you having a great dining experience. We've taken countless friends to Italianissimo and it's always a delicious, memorable time. It's also our go-to spot for nights away from the kids. We highly recommend the prosciutto and melon, the light & crispy fried zucchini and, of course, the bananas foster. We often order the specials and they never disappoint. In our opinion, one of the UES's few culinary gems!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treasure for good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/6/2014A treasure for good food and a quiet atmosphere in intimate surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, wonderful mealwocaplelVIPDined on 2/28/2014We enjoy eating here. Meals are very enjoyable and the service is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prices for liquor r ridiculouslybigredVIPDined on 2/24/2014prices for liquor r ridiculously high when we questioned he said that is the price. Did not offer the prix fixe menu until we asked for it. Have 20% discount for cash which did not tell either. we were the only table of three in fact only table on a monday night so I think he could have been more gracious and changed the price on the drinks. not sure if we will return did not like their attitude. place needs face lift also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A do not missHapicmprVIPDined on 2/1/2014This neighborhood gem has great food, great ambience ,the waiters are sweet and accommodating but mostly the food is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood finddennerDined on 1/17/2014Italianissimo is a quintessential neighborhood Italian restaurant that, while small, is not cramped or crowded. Our food was delicious, especially the Voldostana entree. The wine selection, which was a chef's recommendation off the wine list, was terrific. The service was good and unassuming, and the decor is very intimate and romantic. All in all one of better neightborhood Italian choices on UES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New one for usbundlesVIPDined on 1/8/2014We had someone mention Italianissimo in glowing terms and thought that it was worth trying for ouselves. It is a small and cute restaurant and nice for an intimate dinner because you can hear each other talk. The food, however, was just so so. The clams oreganata were 90% breadcrumbs, the chicken dish my wife ordered was tough and not seasoned well and the fish that I ordered was once again overwhelmed by breadcrumbs and too much sauce. I doubt that we would try going there again although the service was very nice.Special Features:
- Good Find in the Upper East Sideluv2dineDined on 1/5/2014Service and Food were good. Would recommend. Priced well. Warm & Cozy spot.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem!Krebs13Dined on 12/31/2013Italianissimo, though the name is a bit cheesy, is a great neighborhood restaurant. The ambience is very cute and has a homey feel to it. I have been here multiple times and am satisfied with it every time would recommend it for a romantic dinner or even for a larger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Enjoyable ExperienceRocarDined on 12/21/2013Loved the cozy atmosphere, menu offered numerous choices, quality of food was very good. Very nice wine list. Service was very welcoming & accommodating. We will definitely return & thrilled to find this neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $38 veal chop was of veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/15/2013$38 veal chop was of very poor quality, full of gristle, small, ordered medium rare but overcooked, and altogether disappointing. pollo alla Romana was mediocre Salads and wine were good and service was professional & friendly
- Great little gem in the hoodderryDined on 11/23/2013What a rare find. Ambiance, Great food wonderful atmosphere and you better make reservations for a weekend as it is always fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, reasonably priced,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013Comfortable, reasonably priced, excellent food and best of all, you can hear your companions.Special Features:
- Quiet DinnerDanimoeDined on 11/8/2013I wouldn't rave about this quaint restaurant but I couldn't find any fault. Food was good, service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- near 92 nd street YvivpDined on 10/30/2013looking for a place near Y very nice friendly service good italian fare nice place for a romantic dinner very small and quiet at around 6 on a weeknightSpecial Features:
- ItallianissimoTonyVIPDined on 10/26/2013Very crowded eating space and very noisy. Food is very good for the prices. Very good service and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A home run everything singleG1D2R3Dined on 10/19/2013A home run everything single visit, every single dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce, as alwayswocaplelVIPDined on 10/18/2013We have been here many times and will continue to return. The food and service are wonderful. The only issue is there is no room to wait in the restaurant should you be early for a reservation. A small issue though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute --ninaVIPDined on 10/5/2013Little Italian and that means really cramped...very loud. Food is OK - Decor dark and full of tchotchkes - it's good for a change if you live in the n'hood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always amazingLoriNYCVIPDined on 9/14/2013I love this place. The service is outstanding and the food is amazing. I usually order off the menu but I tried one of the specials and it had to be the best thing I ever had there. I think they said it was called Chicken Inferno. The good news is that they said if I request it, they will gladly make it for me any night. I love that they are so willing to prepare whatever you'd like to order. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favorite!thomasleeVIPDined on 9/13/2013Another great meal at Italianissimo. I know the waiter, so I asked his advice, and he suggested one of the specials. At the last minute I changed my mind and had the halibut from the menu, which was great. But the waiter asked if he could bring a small portion of the dish he'd recommended, which of course i accepted. And he had been right--it was great. That's the kind of thing that happens routinely at this place. In this case, we were also offered a complimentary after dinner drink. We had grappa. My appetizer was spectacular. I have never been disappointed here--well, actually, that's not positive enough. I always have a wonderful meal here. Put that with excellent service and warm, intimate ambience, and it's perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a ice eveningBrowserVIPDined on 9/10/2013Really nice food, service and a little bit of Italy.
- Delicious, intimate, likeBrowserVIPDined on 9/1/2013Delicious, intimate, like being in Italy...for the evening.Special Features:
- Italian HavenLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/14/2013The food and service was outstanding! Will definitely recommend this resturant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Surprise!BrowserVIPDined on 8/13/2013Felt as though we'd clicked our heels and found ourselves in the hills of Italy. Small and intimate, perfectly attentive service, food to return for. Delicious Carbonara was perfect...ordered as a half portion appetizer, couldn't leave a strand. Special salad with shrimp was refreshing and beautifully dressed. Entrees of chicken with sausage and veal piccata both tasty and handsomely served with fresh green beans. My husband shocked me by ordering dessert -bananas flambé, complete with show stopping presentation. He was lucky I didn't eat the whole thing! Even offered after dinner drinks on the house. Italianissimo is now a go-to for us, and will happily bring guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really pretty marvelous!thomasleeVIPDined on 7/11/2013I've been here eight or ten times and have never had anything other than a superb meal. Everything I've had has been better than good. It's a neighborhood place, small and charming, and not noisy, either, which is great.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great serviceGGOTVIPDined on 6/21/2013Italianissimo is off the beaten track but we are so glad we found it. Food was excellent and the service outstanding. It's a small restaurant and reminds me of some of the older places in Little Italy. Cosy, romantic and noise level is low. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and delicious-BjanemcgVIPDined on 6/13/2013This is a great place to go when you are taking in The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Park a couple doors past the restaurant, take in the museum, then eat on your way back to your car. It is so cozy- the food was wonderful- salads had an especially beautiful presentation. The service was excellent! The prices are as good as you will find given that it is the upper west side of NYC. A group of 5 of us were there and we all enjoyed it.Special Features:
- A really great neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2013A really great neighborhood restaurant....as good as any fancy italian restaurant!Special Features: