One South County Road
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebreakers.com/
- Phone: 5616598488
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lee Sonsky
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehearsals, business luncheons and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Anne Plante 5616598453
A word from Italian Restaurant
Everyone"s family at The Italian Restaurant serving home-style cooking in a warm and relaxed Tuscan atmosphere. Smell the aromatic pizzas baked in brick ovens. Whet your appetite with a variety of fresh salads while the chefs prepare fresh pastas, and grilled and classic dishes. An extensive children's menu is also available which includes beverage and dessert. Savor your meal while the kids are safely entertained in the adjacent Family Entertainment Center. The secure, self-contained complex is in full view from the restaurant and the always-present supervisory staff amuses children of all ages with arcade games, arts and crafts and a big screen movie room. After the kids go to bed, the restaurant transforms into a more relaxing setting for the young at heart. Indoor and outdoor patio seating available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (33)good for groups (12)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Make your kids happyjoanieDined on 8/30/2014In a separate bldg attached to the Breakers hotel children facility arcade video games small child room and playground and more a kids delight eat in a lovely restaurant then playSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOike a bowling alleyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014noise level unacceptable.. No carpets, drapes or plants to quell the noise..The ambiance of bowling alleySpecial Features:
- Italain RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food quality as improved very much in the last year roughly - which I appreciate. The restaurant always clean and the staff always very very polite. Prices are a bit high for the adult entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Went here with my spouse and daughter (eight years old) and we had a great meal. Staff very friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I enjoyed the ability to have a relaxing dining experience with my family, while allowing our children to enjoy a kid's area (my daughter watched Frozen for the 28th time). The service was excellent, but the food was merely average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family nightMimiDined on 7/27/2014This was a good restaurant for families...lots of noise! Entertaining for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for adults!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014The website mentions that this is physically located near the family entertainment center. But the photos depict a nice ambience and nowhere does it indicate that it is overrun with children. There were no parties of adults seated there at all - just family groups. It was noisy and children were running back and forth throughout the restaurant. Like a high-dollar Chuck E Cheese. The Breakers should make clear that this is a family-ONLY venue and not suitable for adults wishing to have a nice dinner. That said, they let us sit at an isolated table outside where the noise level was a little better, and our waitress was extremely gracious.Special Features:
- Quite Good!ScottDined on 7/25/2014After delicious drinks at HMF bar, we found our way through The Breakers to The Italian Restaurant. With the main area full and fairly boisterous, we chose to eat in the restaurant's separate area. The service was perfect and the carbonara and bolonese were both very good, although the separate room was slightly isolating. We would happily return.Special Features:
- A relaxin. Family restaurant.eater1974Dined on 7/25/2014Game room. Movies. Toys. Somthing for the kids to do. And food is excellent. And staff even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableFishfanDined on 7/18/2014Great restaurant for families at a luxury resort. Great food for pasta lovers.Special Features:
- MediocreamyloDined on 7/17/2014This was our third time here. The dining room was recently re-decorated very nice, however the food was just ok. We actually sent back something because it tasted like they accidentally poured too much salt... Everything was just ok. Not worth the price paid for the meal. Not worth the night out. The kids facility is awesome but you can dine at another restaurant at the hotel and then come and use the arcade and play area. We won't be going back. Not even the dessert platter made it better. Our waitress was amazing so it was the saving grace for us.Special Features:
- my experienceRoodDined on 7/15/2014Everything was amazing , service was excellent ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food QuantityLUVItalianDined on 7/11/2014The servings were too large, I had the egg plant parmesan and my one guest chicken parmesan. We ate 1/2 and took the rest home. Seeing a ;arge serving on the dish is somewhat of a turn off. I did think the egg plant was a bit dry. Good evening, my young visitors from France loved it, I will return. Thank you!!!!!!Special Features:
- It's like eating in a kindergartenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Not a good experience. I absolutely love the Breakers. Their Italian restaurant is not what I would expect. Especially for one of the great hotels in the USA. Everything else at the Breakers is superb.Special Features:
- Great food and family atmospherelantanagirlDined on 7/4/2014The kids love the game room...we love the atmosphere! The food is delicious topped with nice warm cookies and milk for dessert!Special Features:
- Great for kids.OtonoseDined on 6/24/2014Food was ok nothing special. Kids had good time in arcade connected to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't bother to returnBaubieVIPDined on 6/16/2014For the Breaker's hotel, this was a horrible experience. We were misled in regard to the type of resturant, expensive but with noisey kids, rude customers and wait staff that didn't care. We mentioned an extremely rude man and it was ignored. I had to send back my entree, and then wait 20 minutes for a replacement. The waiter was unattentive and then when the bill came they added 20% for service that we never received. When we questioned it - the response was it was policy. (That was NEVER stated anywhere). Last time I checked TIP stood for "To Insure Pleasure".. there was no pleasure and in fact it was the most aggrivating experience in years. (We should have waited an extra night and gone to the Breaker's Steak house.. It's great.
- Tastyfood148Dined on 6/6/2014Fast service, tasty food and smiling faces, glad to see children having fun. I would recommend this Restaurant to families for an enjoyable night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PggrDined on 6/6/2014Menus needs to be updated - it's the same ol every time we go and most likely won't go back till the menu gets a bit more interesting. Kids love it there is the only resin we go. Add a few plates every now and them and it would a perfect place to dine with family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!bktrainorDined on 6/1/2014This was a great restaurant and very kid friendly. Food was excellent! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 91 reviews are from the Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- All great but ValetAnniversaryDined on 5/1/2014Waiter and food were fenomenal. valet parking took 1/2 hour to bring our car...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KIDS LOVE ITJLMCVIPDined on 4/25/2014Staff is the best, always a must when we are in PB. Best place to bring kids!!Special Features:
- Fast food at. $250 for. 4 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Worst value in my dining life. $250 for 4 people. Caesar salad was only bright spot. Pastas were over cooked and bland . Pizza crust was thick and overall flavourless. If I had paid $30 for the entire meal in a food court, I would still have been disappointed, but at $250 with a moderately priced Pinot Grigio it clearly ranked as the worst dining value of my life! I like food and rarely complain, but do yourself a favour and try someplace elseSpecial Features:
- barryiVIPDined on 4/19/2014Veal parmesan was excellent. Service was spotty. Expensive. $11 cannoli?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids love it!YayaDined on 4/12/2014Bring lots of cash! The amenities and service are great. There are toys, video games and an arcade for kids of all ages. The food is tasty, but very expensive for the small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodJohnTDined on 4/4/2014This place was not good. We expected an Italian restaurant at the breakers to be top notch. Instead the quality was lower than that of your grocers freezer. The restaurant had the ambiance of a Chili's then a nice Italian restaurant. The food commanded a high premium. The expectation was high. We were very disappointed. Our food was horrible.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the dinner, butTybeelaneDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed the dinner, but the noise level was quite loud and it is most definitely a Kid Restaurant.Special Features:
- expect lessconceDined on 3/8/2014cost is to much in relation to the quality of the meals. We were expecting more from a restaurant located in such exclusive place.Special Features:
- Bad quality food and not aepilogDined on 3/3/2014Bad quality food and not a good ambient if u think that u are at the breakers!!!
- Every town should have one!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/21/2014If I could invest in this restaurant I would. Great food and a big entertainment center for kids to play in that's right next door. A playroom, and arts and crafts center, a movie theatre and activities. The night we went, our kids made their own stuffed animals. We had a great meal and the kids thought it was heaven. The only caution is to watch costs as arcade tokens aren't cheap and go very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every cent!jonandreneeDined on 2/9/2014Eating at The Italian Restaurant at The Breakers is just have the fun! Our kids love the playground, play room, craft area and theatre! And the wiki sticks with the kids meal are a great treat! The food is amazing and the service is flawless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Children Everywheremlb976Dined on 1/25/2014My boyfriend and I went to Italian rather last minute, and figured since it was at The Breakers there wasn't much need to check reviews. The restaurant is attached to a children's play area, so unless you have children or really enjoy being around them during dinner I would definitely avoid this restaurant. The food was great, but not a good place for a date. I think if you have such a kid-friendly restaurant, maybe your prices should reflect the same. No one wants to spend $25+ per plate and have children running around, unless it's their own.Special Features:
- Bring your childrenDeeeDined on 1/18/2014Excellent for children and worn out grown up"s. Start with a tour of the hotel, pools, stores,vistas, ocean, than cocktails then a great kid friendly (allergy aware chief ) dinner and smile! Wonderful night.Special Features:
- TouristOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/3/2014Basic Italian fare of acceptable quality for families with kids. Dress is very casual and the restaurant is noisy! Good service. Expensive!Special Features:
- keep going back!PizzaPeteDined on 12/25/2013Staff does a nice job of recognizing us as return patrons. New furnishings are lovely and as always Kevin is the best! Great for a pizza and cocktail or the veal milaneze is to die for with a great glass of vino! Busy time of year, lots of action to observe. Thanks to the manager for the dessert on the house to thank us for coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy dinerMonkDined on 12/25/2013Upon entering we loved the casual and lovely atmosphere. We felt very welcomed by the staff and later enjoyed the wonderful service they gave us. The food ... Snapper Mediterranean , sphagetti and meatballs (enjoyed by my grandson) was delicious. We'll be back!!Special Features:
- great for familiesjoanieDined on 11/30/2013extremely kid friendly attached to the childrens center with rooms for toys and an arcade playground when my grandchildren visit we always go hereSpecial Features:
- Great for KidsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2013I really cannot think of a more kid friendly restaurant with Adult food that is not on a Disney property. This place has two kids playrooms viewable from the main dining area and a secure arcade right down the hall. There is also a basketball court and a playground outside. The food was better than average, but expect Palm Beach prices. I would highly recommend this place for families, but would steer clear if you are trying for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect for familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2013We were staying at The Breakers. and the fact that your children can hang out at the kids center nearby, and let you finish up your dinner in peace is a definite bonus!!! Our appetizers and entrees were very good. The salad was a bit over-dressed, so request dressing on the side. The prices were reasonable for the location.Special Features:
- The Breakers should mentionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013The Breakers should mention in their web site that it's Italian Restauratnt is a pizzeria in a separate building....