One South County Road
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebreakers.com/
- Phone: (561) 659-8488
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lee Sonsky
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehearsals, business luncheons and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Anne Plante 5616598453x
A word from Italian Restaurant
Everyone"s family at The Italian Restaurant serving home-style cooking in a warm and relaxed Tuscan atmosphere. Smell the aromatic pizzas baked in brick ovens. Whet your appetite with a variety of fresh salads while the chefs prepare fresh pastas, and grilled and classic dishes. An extensive children's menu is also available which includes beverage and dessert. Savor your meal while the kids are safely entertained in the adjacent Family Entertainment Center. The secure, self-contained complex is in full view from the restaurant and the always-present supervisory staff amuses children of all ages with arcade games, arts and crafts and a big screen movie room. After the kids go to bed, the restaurant transforms into a more relaxing setting for the young at heart. Indoor and outdoor patio seating available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (19)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (10)special occasion (7)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- keep going back!PizzaPeteDined on 12/25/2013Staff does a nice job of recognizing us as return patrons. New furnishings are lovely and as always Kevin is the best! Great for a pizza and cocktail or the veal milaneze is to die for with a great glass of vino! Busy time of year, lots of action to observe. Thanks to the manager for the dessert on the house to thank us for coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy dinerMonkDined on 12/25/2013Upon entering we loved the casual and lovely atmosphere. We felt very welcomed by the staff and later enjoyed the wonderful service they gave us. The food ... Snapper Mediterranean , sphagetti and meatballs (enjoyed by my grandson) was delicious. We'll be back!!Special Features:
- great for familiesjoanieDined on 11/30/2013extremely kid friendly attached to the childrens center with rooms for toys and an arcade playground when my grandchildren visit we always go hereSpecial Features:
- Great for KidsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2013I really cannot think of a more kid friendly restaurant with Adult food that is not on a Disney property. This place has two kids playrooms viewable from the main dining area and a secure arcade right down the hall. There is also a basketball court and a playground outside. The food was better than average, but expect Palm Beach prices. I would highly recommend this place for families, but would steer clear if you are trying for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect for familiesMamaVWDined on 11/16/2013We were staying at The Breakers. and the fact that your children can hang out at the kids center nearby, and let you finish up your dinner in peace is a definite bonus!!! Our appetizers and entrees were very good. The salad was a bit over-dressed, so request dressing on the side. The prices were reasonable for the location.Special Features:
- The Breakers should mentionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013The Breakers should mention in their web site that it's Italian Restauratnt is a pizzeria in a separate building....
- Breakers casual restaurantcampmom22VIPDined on 11/5/2013Food very good. Adorable decor. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, noisy placefrequenttravellerDined on 9/26/2013I was attending a conference at The Breakers resort and a colleague was in the mood for Italian. The restaurant is a short walk from the lobby, so very convenient. It is also attached to the childcare center of the resort, so be warned. The service was excellent - warm, friendly and attentive. We were seated next to a couple with three energetic children, which didn't really allow us to discuss much business over dinner. The food was fantastic - prepared perfectly and just as described on the menu. Pricing was expected for a nice resort restaurant. Overall, I would return, but just be particular about where I was seated.Special Features:
- 3rd dinner this week ! Here!CarolmDined on 9/25/2013We are happily staying at the Breakers! Paradise! Tried the Seafood Bar and Steak house! but I love their Sept Flavor Menu! 3 courses for $35! Fish, beef, pasta! Love it! All day at the beach and pool and a 5 min walk to dinner! Found a great little bar in the same building with a great bartender ! Great conversation! The Italian rest. is hidden in an a out building enclosed in the rain Forrest but we loved it! !Special Features:
- We were disappointed. SincedogloverDined on 9/15/2013We were disappointed. Since it was at the Breakers hotel, we were expecting to be wowed. That was not to be. It is directly next to a children's play area, so the noise was quite loud. The food was good, not great. The server never knew who got what dish, so there was a great deal of "who gets the short ribs". this happened for all three courses. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Like a daycare centerBorninsicilyDined on 9/14/2013Energetic noise level doesn't describe the ambiance of the arcade and playroom adjacent to the restaurant. The Italian restaurant is very child friendly and there is no place to escape the noise. We went for the Flavor of Palm Beach $35 price fixe menu offered during September. The food is only slightly flavorful.On this night arugula was abundant. It was an entire salad with a couple of mushy (out of the can?) peaches and it also served as the bed for my salmon entree. Simple trattoria style food without the trattoria prices. My husband had the short ribs that he said were overdone and dried out. Not a great place for an Italian experience unless you think Olive Garden is great Italian food.Special Features:
- Great first timediningduoDined on 9/5/2013I was expecting something a little more high end because of the location. With that said the food WAS very good and the service was OUTSTANDING. It was a very good place if you have children, but I am not looking for that.Special Features:
- Its the Breakerseater1974Dined on 9/2/2013Everything you would expect from the kid friendly restaurant at the breakers. Amazing service. Great food. And the kids can play in the play room while you wait!Special Features:
- Food was very good. It isSocomom1VIPDined on 8/22/2013Food was very good. It is located next to the family entertainment area (playground, inside and out), It is extremely kid orientated. If you do not want a lot of kids running around while you are having dinner, I would suggest not going there. We were not aware of this and a little disappointed. I do not mind kids with my dining experience, however, not in a playground atmosphere.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2013The Breakers is a first class hotel and they have some first class dining options but "The Italian Restaurant" is not one of them. The food was very good as was the service but it felt more like a Disney family restaurant. The restaurant is in a separate building and a playground and a basketball court are just outside the door. Inside, the two dining areas are separated by a large children's play room on the other side of a large glass wall. There's a game arcade down the hall. Great for families, very good food, just not the romantic fine dining experience we were hoping for. For such a beautiful Italian-renaissance style hotel one would expect an upscale Italian restaurant on the property.Special Features:
- Great food as alwaysGioLDined on 6/28/2013Enjoyed The Breakers summer special. Great deal for great food. Seemed like an abundance of families this Friday night which definitely increased the crying and noise level. Fantastic 3 course meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't fit in with the restSteakloverVIPDined on 6/22/2013Doesn't fit in with the rest of the breakers restaurants. Very noisy. Way too casual even for a casual restaurant. Kids running around, food was ok.
- was my mom 85th birthday sheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2013was my mom 85th birthday she was so happy with the service, and the way ever one was so helpful, cake was beautiful this is our second birthday there, thank you for making it specialSpecial Features:
- DisappointingCatbertVIPDined on 6/20/2013I made reservations at The Italian Restaurant with high hopes. Although the food was good, it was definitely not Breaker's quality. Everything I've ever encountered at the Breaker's has always been over the top and I did not think the food lived up to the Breakers. It was a family atmosphere, with good service but the food was okay.
- The restaurant is beautiful,LindaBDined on 6/16/2013The restaurant is beautiful, the food excellent, the sevice was also excellent but not overwhelming! It was a little noisy but we had a relatively quiet table for a romantic evening. The price points for the fixed menu were competitive with the area. I would recommend this find to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One for the kids...AidanFitzDined on 6/15/2013Definitely a place to go with young kids. The restaurant is part of a larger family entertainment center so if you can relax about letting your kids run back and forth to your table (or if you can cope with other families doing so) this is a fun way to enjoy some adult dining time with your kids in tow. During the daytime it feels a little dark inside but there is outside seating. The food is perfect for families, good choice of Italian family favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Kid FriendlyDuaneGVIPDined on 6/4/2013Great environment for you and your family. Glassed in playroom in the resturant stocked with very high end toys. Excellent authentic Italian food and great service. Just what you'd expect from The Breakers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid/Teen Friendly RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2013We met three families - all with teen aged kids. Stayed in the bar area and had a great time. Food is marginal at best, but the service was great and the venue works when you want kids to be able to walk around and not just sit at a table for a long time. They need to work on a healthier, better menu. The one they have is dated, but for the right occasion, I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh....but Ok.QueenRBDined on 5/19/2013The food was eh...ok. I loved the sauce on the mozzarella appetizer. And Ioved the size of the eggplant that I got. Its really just like a kitsched up Applebees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Food was excellent, as was the service. Our party of 10 felt very special. Loved it.Special Features:
- Had happy hour snacks andPizzaPeteDined on 3/31/2013Had happy hour snacks and drinks before dinner. Split entree with my husband and was perfect amount of food. Splurged on a great glass of wine! Reagan was a great host. Holiday weekend brought many kids. Will return on next visit with or without grandkids!Special Features:
- We had a great experience,LUVItalianDined on 3/27/2013We had a great experience, each time I have out of town visitors with children, we always come to your restaurant. Our server Doyle was superb. Pat ByrnesSpecial Features:
- This is a kid friendly place.CliffVIPDined on 3/23/2013This is a kid friendly place. Not a place for adults who want to enjoy a quiet evening. The food was good but pricey for such a noisey, place with kids running around and paper table linnen. If you want to east at the Breakers go to a different restaurant.Special Features:
- The staff was courteous andTheMsterDined on 3/22/2013The staff was courteous and attentive. The food was delightful and made to order. The chef was able to accommodate finicky diners. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Five adults, two children,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/20/2013Five adults, two children, calimari, pizza and chicken fingers, 5 alcohol drinks and 2 sodas, and the tab was $370.00. The server,Marlin, was great, the atmosphere was wonderful for children (although Chuckie Cheese has more), but the expense far exceeded the value.Special Features:
- This a very kid-friendly restaurantnomdecenaVIPDined on 3/17/2013This a very kid-friendly restaurant at the Breakers, located in same building as video games. Service is excellent. Food is fine, but a bit heavy on sauces. Example is shrimp scampi, which was tasty but thick and dark brown. Because of location, prices are high. Dinner for 3 adults (3 glasses of wine) and 2 kids was around $215.Special Features:
- A very kid-friendly optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/17/2013A very kid-friendly option at the Breakers Hotel. Available to locals too. Only negative was the continued up-selling by the waitress knowing we had a 20% add on for our group as a tip. Quite annoying. Otherwise, the kids had a blast, and the adults had a decent meal while they played elsewhere.Special Features:
- Located in the Breakers HotelBotmanDined on 3/4/2013Located in the Breakers Hotel this restaurant is excellent. It has a casual atmosphere, but the food is excellent, and it has an outstanding wine list.Special Features:
- Overall nice spot for a bigOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2013Overall nice spot for a big group of families. Very kid friendly!Special Features:
- Wine costOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2013Food and service were very good, although the prices were on the high side. A special wine of the day was $24.50 which by any measure was overpriced!!!Special Features:
- Have eaten frequently at manyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2013Have eaten frequently at many of Breakers other restaurants. This one not up to the Breakers standards. Prices too high for quality of food.
- We loved it!! Food was muchHelenDDined on 1/5/2013We loved it!! Food was much better than we expected-- very fresh snapper, great chicken parm. yummy pizza! All in all - a great place for adults and to take kids especially after dinner when they can play in the game room outside. Walking through the gardens and playground was a real turn on to a terrific evening for all.Special Features:
- Always a great time. StaffPizzaPeteDined on 1/5/2013Always a great time. Staff is so attentive and fun! Young crew put their hearts into their work. We suggest going midweek to avoid the crowds. Quaint and delicious. Have the veal Milanese!Special Features:
- Great place to take your kids,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/1/2013Great place to take your kids, babies up to young teens. Terrible for adults only. Basically this is a hotel resturant for children. In adjacent space is arcade, kids club and game room. Food is ok, but not good enough to warrant eating here but that it is conviently located at The Breakers.Special Features:
- We love taking our grandchildrenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2012We love taking our grandchildren here. They have set up kid friendly attractions very well. Our younger children (1-4) enjoy the outdoor playground and tot room inside. The older children (7-12) like the playground and the arcade. Our only complaints would be the restaurant is very noisy and very expensive!Special Features: