Italian Kitchen - Vancouver
1037 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 1A1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Italian Kitchen - Vancouver
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theitaliankitchen.ca/
- Phone: 6046872858
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00am Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 1:00am Sunday 11:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Shaughn Halls
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Glowbal Catering Group is here to help you with your function large or small. E-mail Area Operations Manager Jan-Erik Wichmann at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and any inquiries.
A word from Italian Kitchen - Vancouver
A spectacular newcomer to Vancouver’s prolific restaurant scene, Italian Kitchen arrives in the vibrant downtown neighborhood. Italian Kitchen features a multi-regional modern Italian menu dished up in ultra-sleek surroundings. Guests will delight with warm wheels of handcrafted pizza, peerless antipasto platters, creative pastas and dry-aged steaks. The 60-foot white marble ‘DOC’ bar serves classic cocktails with a new-age kick and a glass-walled wine cellar is stocked with predictably excellent Italian vintages with New and Old World offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Italian Kitchen - Vancouver - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Italian Kitchen - Vancouver reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)great for lunch (50)good for groups (49)special occasion (47)hot spot (35)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (25)romantic (25)great for brunch (18)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- expectations not metOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014I have not been to Italian Kitchen before and was looking forward to a dinner date with my partner. He had been a number of times with his office for lunch and liked the menu. When we entered we were greeted and well taken care of. That was the end of the good experience. The waiter was disinterested, did not make eye contact. Twice he took my order for water and filled my glass and did even acknowledge my partner. The food was good, not great. We ordered the pasta platter as we thought it would give us the best overview of the flavour range of the overall menu. with all of the choices around it is unlikely that we will eat here again.
- Great food, service a little slow.WillyDined on 9/19/2014Have been here many times and although the service could be called relaxed, this time was much slower. It won't stop me from going again but if you are in a rush make it clear when ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect except for noise levelsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We were sitting next to a noisy office party and found it difficult to hear our waiter and each other. Otherwise everything was lovely. When the group left we enjoyed it a lot more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- non-confidential business lunchgreatlunchVIPDined on 9/17/2014The service was great. We ordered their famous meatballs. The tables were really close together. We were able to listen in to everyone's conversation. The restaurant was crowded and seating was tight. It's a great spot for a business lunch or hanging out with friends. Not sure what it would be like for dinner. I most likely wouldn't find it romantic, however for a group it is well suited.Special Features:
- Perfect againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014From start to finish, another excellent meal with great service.Special Features:
- Can not recommend this.gourmetmattersDined on 9/12/2014Tiny portions, cold food, uncomfortable tables, expensive price. Never plan on going back. Served a tiny portion of burnt lasagna that was freezing cold on the inside. It is not fresh and came from the fridge. Service is decent. However, the idiotic hostess brought my friend to a table upstairs when she informed her about the reservation. When I arrived a few minutes later, she brought me to a table downstairs for the same reservation. We were waiting for each other at the same restaurant on different floors. Seats and tables are also tiny, cramped and uncomfortable.
- Pass the saltFoodieaholicDined on 9/10/2014That's something you won't need to say here. I wanted to rinse my good off so I could eat it. If you're a salt lover, you'll be happy here; but if you want to experience the individual flavours if the food, go somewhere else.
- Food quality very poorDannyDined on 9/9/2014My guest and I ordered the Grilled Lamb Chop and Roasted Pork Chop respectively, both were over-cooked, chewy and dry, very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food!ScottyoneDined on 9/6/2014The sampler platter was a great option! We has a taste if 4 mains and they were all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business spot.DJSDaveDined on 9/4/2014I've been to IK for a number of biz lunches. They are geared to the needs of business lunches. Last time I went for dinner, I saw a famous Hollywood actress. The food is unique and unlike other Italian rest. Always something unusual to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is badwhitedevilDined on 9/3/2014Worst pasta ever from a Italian restaurant, pizza is ok but should be better than pizza hut. Our server Carlos is too cold and no smile, not professional at all! I will not go back!Special Features:
- Good fooddiegoDined on 9/2/2014We were seated immediately in nice view table, staff were very attentive to your needs, they have a good selection of wine, it matches the food that we ordered, it was delicious and the price were reasonable. Definitely, I will comeback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Anniversary DinnerFoodieFunDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I chose to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary with dinner at The Italian Kitchen. We enjoyed an amazing evening complete with incredible food and wine, impeccable service from our first greeting at the door to our server, management as well as support staff. I would highly recommend The Italian Kitchen for any occasion whether just for a casual supper or for a special evening. Very well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedDisappointingDined on 8/31/2014When we arrived, the Hostess advised that our table was being set up. That was it. No offer to have a seat at the bar, suggestion to take a seat in the waiting area, no indication of the wait time - she simply walked away. 10 mins. later, we were lead to our table on the upper floor. On the stairs to said floor, twice we were bumped by serving staff running up/down the stairs with plates - no "excuse me" or "pardon me" was ever offered. The upper floor was hot, stuffy, extremely noisy, & had all the dubious charm/ambience of a school cafeteria. We are generally huge fans of Glowbal Group restaurants, but after only 5 mins. advised our server we wouldn't be staying to dine, & were again jostled by a server on the way back downstairs.Special Features:
- Nice but super noisy and crowdedFoodieloverDined on 8/31/2014Nice italian food at a reasonable price however a super noisy restaurant (and crowded) so keep that in mind. Last time I feel that our server had a few too many tables to look after and we had to keep asking for water and spoons etc that never came but overall it's a pretty trendy and well run restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Good service, excellent food, overall a great dining experience. Food is prepared with the freshest ingredients and is tasty and well portioned.Special Features:
- Dinning upstairsUnhappydiner3Dined on 8/30/2014We were greeted by a hostess who didn't welcome us. Perhaps, a warm smile would have been nice. She took us upstairs where we smelled urine by the bathroom. Yikes!!! We were seatted at the round table which was alright but we noticed when the same hostess brought other guests she asked them where they would like to seat by giving them a choice which she never offered us. We have been to this restaurant numerous times but it was our first time dinning upstairs. Please let the management know the guy who walks around the table to see how far along guests are with their meals to be little more discreet talking to his microphone. It was very rude of him walking around every 5 minutes and we felt like we had to rush our dinner.Special Features:
- Bad seating arrangementOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We booked three days ago for two, the restaurant was not even full the entire time we were there, but we got seated at a corner with the two of us facing the wall, my girl friend's back is almost hitting the other customer not the other side. I can understand if they are full but not when it is half empty.
- Would and Have Returned Many Times!dgaylelDined on 8/26/2014This time we sat upstairs. Enjoyed the quieter environment and the window table on a beautiful sunny evening. Ordered the Ravioli of the Day option (Cheese ravioli, prawns with cream sauce). Delicious! The donuts for dessert, Mouthwatering and sharable. Excellent serving staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceBobbyPDined on 8/25/2014This is a popular hot spot that many go to if they are Downtown and are looking for decent Italian food coupled with good service and nice surroundings. I wouldn't say it's the best Italian food in the area but still above average. While the prices are on the higher side, the shared plates are a good deal since they provide you the chance to sample a range of their dishes. Like the other Global-owned restaurants, the only downside is the noise level can get pretty high so if you're sensitive to noise or want to have a nice quiet meal with your significant other or friends be forewarned. Reservations is a must as this place can get quite busy.Special Features:
- Quite DisappointingBozpoonVIPDined on 8/25/2014I had some very important guests coming from Shanghai - two CEOs of two international companies. They wanted Italian food. I thought the Glowbal Group should be able to provide us an excellent dinning experience. Service wise. Not bad, but definitely has room to improve. The waitress of our table forgot my order of apple juice for approx. 20 mins, and forgot to get my coffee towards the end. Food and drink wise. Wine was good. My guests were happy with the collection. However, food wasn't authentic enough. The pizza was thick, North American style. Veal was really dry. And the texture of the pasta doesn't seems to be freshly made. Overall taste was too bland. My guests were disappointed. We didn't get the taste of Italy afterall.Special Features:
- Fantastic!PickyeaterDined on 8/22/2014What a fantastic place that can meet any dietary restrictions you may have and still be yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCaysDined on 8/20/2014We were still hungry after our meal but the food was good. It was a little too loud inside but that's just the way it us. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffGoodstaffDined on 8/17/2014The staff here were very good. I appreciate the attentivenessI would recommend this to a friend.
- usually betterHomeSliceDined on 8/13/2014Got a corner table since lunch was so busy - not the best spot. Food was solid but salad not as crisp as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience every timeGot2eatDined on 8/9/2014The Italian Kitchen has become one of our family favourite go- to restaurants for special occasions or just to have a treat. Food is great and the service is always good. It's a bonus that we can reserve online using Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambienceTinaDined on 8/7/2014Attentive service and consistently good food. A great place to sit at the bar and enjoy a glass of wine and a small bite, or to enjoy a romantic meal at a table. The service is always attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Con911Dined on 7/31/2014Anika was amazing :) the service and level of satisfaction was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RozmeDined on 7/30/2014This was my 2nd lunch at Italian Kitchen. My most recent lunch was mediocre at best. The pasta was stiff and the gratin was overcooked. The vegetables in the dish were more of a garnish than an integral part of the dish. The salad greens didn't look the freshest, and the dressing was rather acidic. Overall, the food was a disappointment. The waiter did not come by to offer fresh black pepper for my pasta dish. On a positive note, the meal was concluded in about 45 mintues, so it was a quick weekday lunch.
- Out of lasagnagreatlunchVIPDined on 7/29/2014I went there for a business lunch and at 12:30pm on a Tuesday the restaurant was out of their signature lasagna dish. I ordered the penne and enjoyed the food the service and the ambience. The appetizer was excellent and so was my cappuccino. However not having a lasagna left at 12:30pm left a bitter taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- Consistently good experienceSeafoodloverVIPDined on 7/21/2014Chose their risotto feature, after asking the server what she would choose, between that & the ravioli feature. And she didn't steer us wrong. The risotto had lobster & pancetta, & was cooked perfectly. She, & other wait staff, came by to refill our waters frequently, & check on how we were doing. All-in-all, another successful trip to IK. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentkateDined on 7/19/2014We arrived early for our reservation and were lucky to grab a seat at the bar where we ended up choosing to stay for dinner. The action in the open kitchen was fun to watch and the food and service was fantastic! This was our third time dining here and we will absolutely be back next time we are in Vancouver. The spaghetti and meatball is beyond worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good deals during happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We got two appetizers and got our 2nd entree for free. Plus up until 6pm happy hour drinks were $5.00. The food was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was too invasiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014Food was okay but nothing special. Food order was messed up and not worth the price.
- The noisiest establishment ever!DinerDameVIPDined on 7/12/2014The first floor featured pounding loud music, we were escorted upstairs to an extremely loud (concert-like) scene, where people are packed like sardines into a small room with no AC. We were given a 2x2 table and 2x1 hardcover menus. Due to lack a space the guy next to us accidentally set his menu on fire with the little candle on the table. There were also 2 bachelorette parties in the room... Oh the screeching! It was too late to get reservations elsewhere, so we quickly ate a main course and left. The food was great and the staff was fantastic! I wouldn't recommend this for dinner. But it's perfect for a bachelorette party :). Maybe try it at 5pm on a Tuesday night :)Special Features:
- Bad service along with average foodBaBaDined on 7/12/2014I had been to Black and Blue, Coast, and Glowbal restaurants a few times with good experiences. Since Italian Kitchen is part of the Glowbal collection, I would expect similar experience but I was so wrong. When my wife and I walk in front of the reception desk waiting first in line (nobody was there and no one was waiting), by the time receptionist came, there's another guy waiting behind us. Not only the receptionist treated us like invisible beings, she greeted the guy and took him to a table. Then we waited and she didn't come back. Another receptionist came and when we expressed our incident, she apologized but that's it. It's at 12:30 pm on July 12th. She is a big Caucasian lady with long black dye hair.
- Great patio dinner!FoodjunkieVIPDined on 7/10/2014A beautiful VANCOUVER evening on the patio with good food! We were craving cacio pepe which thankfully the chef was able to make. It was delicious and noteworthy. It was delightful to see Claire back on Alberni after her various stints elsewhere post Coast. Guests will be assured an excellent dining experience with her at the helm. The wine list could use some tweaking but overall it's a good list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food underparJacquesVIPDined on 7/9/2014The calamari was quite good, but the main courses were unfortunately not very good. Pasta too rich and difficult to digest, a veal scaloppini was tough and too thick. We would like to be more positive since they were more than accommodating in bringing new dishes to try and satisfy us, but they just did not do the job. Great attitude, atmosphere but poor food!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Appies and Pasta are usually very consistent. The appies special in the sampling size was excellent. Unfortunately one of the pasta and a pizza we ordered were extremely salty. We didn't want to be rude, so we just ate half of them and did not send it back. I would recommend this place, hopefully it won't be as salty next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experienceGigiDined on 7/8/2014Ambience was good for the type of Italian Cuisine however arugula & beets salad was not as fresh as I expected as I can find yellow leaves & already cut beets from couple days ago. Meatball spaghetti was OK, is just the sauce was a bit salty. I'm not a picky eater however for the price they're charging I expected a higher quality product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.