Italian Kitchen - Vancouver
1037 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 1A1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Italian Kitchen - Vancouver
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theitaliankitchen.ca/
- Phone: 6046872858
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00am Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 1:00am Sunday 11:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Shaughn Halls
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Glowbal Catering Group is here to help you with your function large or small. E-mail Area Operations Manager Jan-Erik Wichmann at email@example.com for details and any inquiries.
A word from Italian Kitchen - Vancouver
A spectacular newcomer to Vancouver’s prolific restaurant scene, Italian Kitchen arrives in the vibrant downtown neighborhood. Italian Kitchen features a multi-regional modern Italian menu dished up in ultra-sleek surroundings. Guests will delight with warm wheels of handcrafted pizza, peerless antipasto platters, creative pastas and dry-aged steaks. The 60-foot white marble ‘DOC’ bar serves classic cocktails with a new-age kick and a glass-walled wine cellar is stocked with predictably excellent Italian vintages with New and Old World offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Italian Kitchen - Vancouver reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (53)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (47)special occasion (47)hot spot (37)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (27)romantic (24)great for brunch (20)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Would and Have Returned Many Times!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014This time we sat upstairs. Enjoyed the quieter environment and the window table on a beautiful sunny evening. Ordered the Ravioli of the Day option (Cheese ravioli, prawns with cream sauce). Delicious! The donuts for dessert, Mouthwatering and sharable. Excellent serving staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014This is a popular hot spot that many go to if they are Downtown and are looking for decent Italian food coupled with good service and nice surroundings. I wouldn't say it's the best Italian food in the area but still above average. While the prices are on the higher side, the shared plates are a good deal since they provide you the chance to sample a range of their dishes. Like the other Global-owned restaurants, the only downside is the noise level can get pretty high so if you're sensitive to noise or want to have a nice quiet meal with your significant other or friends be forewarned. Reservations is a must as this place can get quite busy.Special Features:
- Quite DisappointingBozpoonVIPDined on 8/25/2014I had some very important guests coming from Shanghai - two CEOs of two international companies. They wanted Italian food. I thought the Glowbal Group should be able to provide us an excellent dinning experience. Service wise. Not bad, but definitely has room to improve. The waitress of our table forgot my order of apple juice for approx. 20 mins, and forgot to get my coffee towards the end. Food and drink wise. Wine was good. My guests were happy with the collection. However, food wasn't authentic enough. The pizza was thick, North American style. Veal was really dry. And the texture of the pasta doesn't seems to be freshly made. Overall taste was too bland. My guests were disappointed. We didn't get the taste of Italy afterall.Special Features:
- Fantastic!PickyeaterDined on 8/22/2014What a fantastic place that can meet any dietary restrictions you may have and still be yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCaysDined on 8/20/2014We were still hungry after our meal but the food was good. It was a little too loud inside but that's just the way it us. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffGoodstaffDined on 8/17/2014The staff here were very good. I appreciate the attentivenessI would recommend this to a friend.
- usually betterHomeSliceDined on 8/13/2014Got a corner table since lunch was so busy - not the best spot. Food was solid but salad not as crisp as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience every timeGot2eatDined on 8/9/2014The Italian Kitchen has become one of our family favourite go- to restaurants for special occasions or just to have a treat. Food is great and the service is always good. It's a bonus that we can reserve online using Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ambienceTinaDined on 8/7/2014Attentive service and consistently good food. A great place to sit at the bar and enjoy a glass of wine and a small bite, or to enjoy a romantic meal at a table. The service is always attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Con911Dined on 7/31/2014Anika was amazing :) the service and level of satisfaction was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RozmeDined on 7/30/2014This was my 2nd lunch at Italian Kitchen. My most recent lunch was mediocre at best. The pasta was stiff and the gratin was overcooked. The vegetables in the dish were more of a garnish than an integral part of the dish. The salad greens didn't look the freshest, and the dressing was rather acidic. Overall, the food was a disappointment. The waiter did not come by to offer fresh black pepper for my pasta dish. On a positive note, the meal was concluded in about 45 mintues, so it was a quick weekday lunch.
- Out of lasagnagreatlunchVIPDined on 7/29/2014I went there for a business lunch and at 12:30pm on a Tuesday the restaurant was out of their signature lasagna dish. I ordered the penne and enjoyed the food the service and the ambience. The appetizer was excellent and so was my cappuccino. However not having a lasagna left at 12:30pm left a bitter taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- Consistently good experienceSeafoodloverVIPDined on 7/21/2014Chose their risotto feature, after asking the server what she would choose, between that & the ravioli feature. And she didn't steer us wrong. The risotto had lobster & pancetta, & was cooked perfectly. She, & other wait staff, came by to refill our waters frequently, & check on how we were doing. All-in-all, another successful trip to IK. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentkateDined on 7/19/2014We arrived early for our reservation and were lucky to grab a seat at the bar where we ended up choosing to stay for dinner. The action in the open kitchen was fun to watch and the food and service was fantastic! This was our third time dining here and we will absolutely be back next time we are in Vancouver. The spaghetti and meatball is beyond worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good deals during happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We got two appetizers and got our 2nd entree for free. Plus up until 6pm happy hour drinks were $5.00. The food was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was too invasiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014Food was okay but nothing special. Food order was messed up and not worth the price.
- The noisiest establishment ever!DinerDameVIPDined on 7/12/2014The first floor featured pounding loud music, we were escorted upstairs to an extremely loud (concert-like) scene, where people are packed like sardines into a small room with no AC. We were given a 2x2 table and 2x1 hardcover menus. Due to lack a space the guy next to us accidentally set his menu on fire with the little candle on the table. There were also 2 bachelorette parties in the room... Oh the screeching! It was too late to get reservations elsewhere, so we quickly ate a main course and left. The food was great and the staff was fantastic! I wouldn't recommend this for dinner. But it's perfect for a bachelorette party :). Maybe try it at 5pm on a Tuesday night :)Special Features:
- Bad service along with average foodBaBaDined on 7/12/2014I had been to Black and Blue, Coast, and Glowbal restaurants a few times with good experiences. Since Italian Kitchen is part of the Glowbal collection, I would expect similar experience but I was so wrong. When my wife and I walk in front of the reception desk waiting first in line (nobody was there and no one was waiting), by the time receptionist came, there's another guy waiting behind us. Not only the receptionist treated us like invisible beings, she greeted the guy and took him to a table. Then we waited and she didn't come back. Another receptionist came and when we expressed our incident, she apologized but that's it. It's at 12:30 pm on July 12th. She is a big Caucasian lady with long black dye hair.
- Great patio dinner!FoodjunkieVIPDined on 7/10/2014A beautiful VANCOUVER evening on the patio with good food! We were craving cacio pepe which thankfully the chef was able to make. It was delicious and noteworthy. It was delightful to see Claire back on Alberni after her various stints elsewhere post Coast. Guests will be assured an excellent dining experience with her at the helm. The wine list could use some tweaking but overall it's a good list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food underparJacquesVIPDined on 7/9/2014The calamari was quite good, but the main courses were unfortunately not very good. Pasta too rich and difficult to digest, a veal scaloppini was tough and too thick. We would like to be more positive since they were more than accommodating in bringing new dishes to try and satisfy us, but they just did not do the job. Great attitude, atmosphere but poor food!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Appies and Pasta are usually very consistent. The appies special in the sampling size was excellent. Unfortunately one of the pasta and a pizza we ordered were extremely salty. We didn't want to be rude, so we just ate half of them and did not send it back. I would recommend this place, hopefully it won't be as salty next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experienceGigiDined on 7/8/2014Ambience was good for the type of Italian Cuisine however arugula & beets salad was not as fresh as I expected as I can find yellow leaves & already cut beets from couple days ago. Meatball spaghetti was OK, is just the sauce was a bit salty. I'm not a picky eater however for the price they're charging I expected a higher quality product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentFoodloverDined on 7/6/2014As with all the Glowbal restaurants, you can always count on great food and great service.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!sbomDined on 7/6/2014The food was fantastic! We were a party of four. Two of us had the special (smoked bacon ravioli with salmon and lemon cream sauce). And two of us had the pasta sample platter. We were also debating about ordering a side of meatballs to start and decided to skip it and order calamari instead. Our waitress brought out a plate, on her, so we could try them. I can't remember her name, but she was very helpful and friendly, and helped make it a great experience. We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014First time we were in the Italian Kitchen and my only comment would be we found it a bit noisy - other than that it was a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good 🍷LuvItalianVIPDined on 7/4/2014Daniel (our waiter) was professional & efficient...⭐️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for late night ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/30/2014Needed a place for a late night dinner with the family since we were staying downtown. The food was very good but what made this an excellent dining experience was the service. We were very well taken care of and even the little ones were entertained by the excellent staff. They also made sure that the little ones received the drinks that they wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestmarmurDined on 6/30/2014I have been to The Italian Kitchen many times, this trip was by far the worst... I took a friend for a birthday dinner, it was early in the even so not so busy. I was expecting a special dinner as I had enjoyed here in the past. My friend had not been to the Italian Kitchen so it seemed like a good choice. The server was a bit bossy but tried... seemed to be having issues, took forever to get a glass of wine, spilled coffee on the table, etc. So service was not good and it just seemed off. The dinner was good but late, my entree was a bit cold so had been sitting waiting to be served. The Creme Brulee was burnt and lumpy and not made properly. For the price, they need to be better.
- A nice brunchhappydinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014We came for a Saturday brunch and were seated immediately. We liked the variety on the menu and the service was attentive. The pasta, pizza and egg tangine was delicious and hot. The restaurant was busy and some what noisy and the tables seemed too close but the food and libations were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & Excellent ServiceshomechefvincentDined on 6/27/2014The location is in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The waiters are attentive and the food is good. Portion is larger than average. Will come back again for more.Special Features:
- Great for LunchGTAfoodieDined on 6/24/2014Met with clients when I was in town and the over ambiance was good, food was good, the service was good but the noise level made it a bit difficult to hear each other. I would definitely come back for lunch and dinner but not for a business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comfort foodDedeDined on 6/22/2014This is a nice place. The spaghetti and meatballs were very good, not outstanding . My husband had pork chops which he enjoyed. The ambience was cozy and not too noisy. Wait staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I used to like this place...FoodenthusiastDined on 6/17/2014Terrible service. The waiter even forgot to bring our wine to our table.. The "sandwich" meats were old and stale-ish. The noise level was horrible, we had to almost yell at each other.. Plus, our table was wobbly.. When this place first opened, I LOVED IT, now I shall never return...
- SieglindeVIPDined on 6/13/2014Appetizer of clams and mussels were great, nice sauce, but had to ask for some bread for dipping. The pasta entrees were very large and could have been shared between two large eaters. The scallops were great, but only 5 of them for $32.00, not a great deal. Wine list is good with options on lower priced or higher wines. Overall most food prices were overpriced but the atmosphere was lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!hrcnvDined on 6/7/2014My girlfriend and I were both craving Italian food, and immediately the Italian Kitchen came to mind. I especially was craving their Paparadelle dish with lamb. Upon arrival, we were smart enough to make a reservation before hand so there was no waiting on our part. We were seated immediately on the upper level, in a quiet corner. Unfortunately due to the fact that they had a large party so we were moved to a better spot, which was closer to the window. Because of the move, the restaurant manager told us that the desserts would be on the house because of the possible inconvenience to move may have had on us. Long story short, the food was absolutely amazing, the service was just fantastic, the ambiance, again, fantastic. Overall, amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing waiterpastaloverDined on 6/7/2014We have been to Italian Kitchen many times before. We have never been disappointed. The pasta platter for 2 is a great option. The kids menu has some great gourmet but kid friendly items. Our youngest son (12) always gets the steak. The service is always excellent. This is our number one choice for family celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local Place - Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014This is a safe bet. Good food and a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Subpar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Bad start to the experience from the get go. Arrived and stood in the entrance for at least a minute, maybe 2-3, without being acknowledged at all--a staff member was doing something off to the side with her back to us, and another (who turned out to be our waitress) showed up maybe 30 seconds later to discuss something with her. Work related it seemed, but she saw and glanced over multiple times at us 5 feet away without so much as a hello or that'd she'd be with us in a moment, leaving us to stand there awkwardly. It was not busy at the restaurant either as we arrived a bit before 11:45 for lunch. The veal dish recommended to me was a bit sour for my liking. Complete contrast to excellent service received at Black & Blue 2 days prior.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Found this restaurant through the open table app reviews and so glad I did! We had made a reservation as we had a short window for lunch. We were seated right away, our waiter was pleasant, smiling and helpful with recommendations. We opted for the special risotto of the day and the carpaccio pizza- all 3 of us agreed the meals were delicious and piping hot! Our waiter recognized we were in a bit of a hurry and put a little rush on our meals. Great service, price was reasonable nice setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a CelebrationJustasamplerDined on 5/24/2014Had a group of 7 for a celebratory dinner. I had to make some last minute changes to the reservation, which were handled expertly by the hostess. The food was great and so was the service. It was somewhat noisy, but it didn't really bother me. I highly recommend.Special Features: