Italian Affair Restaurant
900 N Delsea Drive
Glassboro, NJ 08028Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Italian Affair Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://italianaffairglassboro.com/
- Phone: (856) 881-2121
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 Days a week.Hours Sun thru Thursday from 11am to 10pm Friday & Sat from 11am to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rocco Fazzolari
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Accepting parties ranging from 30 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe Celano 8568812121
A word from Italian Affair Restaurant
Come join us for great food, a glass of excellent wine and a wonderful experience. Conveniently located on Delsea Drive in Glassboro, New Jersey, Italian Affair is an exceptional eatery that offers a wide range of Italian dishes in an elegant, and yet relaxed atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Italian Affair Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sewell ›
Italian Affair Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (12)notable wine list (11)romantic (11)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Patd027VIPDined on 10/25/2014We always enjoy are dinner here. Wide choice of entries and the service and food were excellent. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyNomNomDined on 10/25/2014Prices have dramatically increased without the quality of food rising. The food was good, just over priced. They claim to be kid-friendly; however, the clientele the restaurant appeals to would probably prefer a child free dining experience. Can't blaim them, paying high prices one would expect a fine atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic, as always!krazeedrVIPDined on 10/20/2014My husband and I were shown this place by friends last year and I've never been disappointed! We've eaten here probably a dozen or so times in the last year and have brought many friends with us at different times. The food is always fantastic and the desserts are simply outstanding. It has a lovely appearance inside with the tables being spaced nicely far apart so you don't feel like you're eating with the neighboring table. The bar area is also quite nice. I can't recommend it enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, odd staff1234Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great. However, there were about 5 people working at the hostess station and not one of them saw a problem with seating us in the middle of a party that was going on in a certain section of the restaurant. We eventually moved to another part of the restaurant that was largely empty…why not put us there in the first place. A waiter was putting our appetizer on the table as our waitress was taking our order, which was just rude. Finally, when we get our soups and salads our food arrived not even a minute later. We were so rushed that the dinner took an hour at the very most. Wish we would have been able to enjoy the food at a mild pace rather than having to stuff our faces just to move to the next course.Special Features:
- Gem!2foodiesDined on 10/17/2014First time visitors. Really great food....a must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbrmjaDined on 9/27/2014Very good find near Rowan campus. Many choices and service was excellent. Big portions. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestMattMeganDined on 9/12/2014Italian Affair always makes great Italian food! Seasonal selections as well, pumpkin ravioli's during fall are to die for! The servers/bartenders/manager are always nice and friendly! The atmosphere is great! This is one of my favorite restaurants, I am never disappointed. This restaurant is what every restaurant should be! Touches on great service, food, and ambience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NormNormDined on 9/12/2014Most enjoyable early evening dinner. Great selection of entrees. Food was delicious and served promptly.Special Features:
- Neiborhood gemKellyDined on 9/6/2014We have been going here for 2 years now and we are never disappointed. They have a large menu to choose from so you can never get bored. Everything is always delicious right down to the bread and flavored oil you get when you sit down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italian foodfranklin12Dined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent, the owner walked around the restaurant and made sure everyone was accommodated. The only area I would tweak is the wine menu. There were few chardonnay choices that were reasonably priced. The cheapest one that I would have chosen was $45.00 and knowing something about wine it was overpriced. I would strongly recommend adding some bottles in the $25.00 range, I bet they would generate more revenue as the more expensive priced ones would not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 224 reviews are from the Italian Affair Restaurant reviews archive.
- Pietrin625Dined on 7/23/2014Great Italian food with very welcoming atmosphere and service very good as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badmusicloverDined on 7/21/2014Food was a little bland but not bad, portions were large. Not someplace I would eat every week at but good for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Excellent mealTBuckDined on 6/24/2014I've been a member of Open Table for many years. I cashed in some of my rewards and then went on a search for a new restaurant. I found Italian Affair and was glad I did. The waiter was great to do some kidding with, which I always enjoy doing. It makes their night fun and mine too. We started with the Lollipop lamb chops which was excellent. And for my entree' I had the pasta meal with shrimp, and scallops. It was so good! We sat in a booth out around the bar area, which was fine with us. The dinning room was all open with table and chairs and I believe would be pretty noises if there were a lot of people dinning in that room. We will definitely go back there. Definitely!Special Features:
- disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014We were sent an open table gift card for christmas and were disapointed int he very limited selection of where we could use this. We had never been to the italian affair previously so sent the gift card there and had all the info. on our phones that we were told was needed. As it turns out, this restaraunt required us to print the confirmation, so they didn't accept the gift card. very disapointed in how the whole process works and although, I would not be returning to this restaraunt, I now will be since we will not waste the $50
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014WE requested a quiet table in a corner and that was where we were seated. the waitress was friendly and made it seem as though we were eating in her home. It was an excellent experiencel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodlenpurzDined on 6/9/2014This is a local gem with excellent food and always attentive, friendly service. We keep coming back regularly since we found it. I love the various veal presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated two birthdaysItalianPrincessDined on 6/1/2014Our visit was wonderful. The food was excellent, the ambiance was very Italian - you felt like you were in a small cafe in Italy. The servers and receptionist were friendly, welcoming, and very courteous. They made us feel special. The desserts were to die for - I mean really great. The Irish Cream coffee cordial was amazing. We had a wonderful time and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Affair RestaurantNeverRongasDined on 5/24/2014We have been to this restaurant at least twice before. The wait staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is excellent - I just tried the rabbit and it was very good! Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Had two appetizers both were pretty much tasteless but overall not horrible. It was the main course that was truly horrible a pork dish that was one of the worst I've ever had. On the up side our server was lovely. If I had to go back I'd stick with pasta.
- Friday Night Stand ByDocsmealVIPDined on 5/9/2014Always good, always consistent. Love the Rustic Calabrese Meatball entree. Wonderful..House salad always good, great dressing. Dessert, Tiramisu, fresh, wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014This was my first time to Italian Affair. The food and atmosphere were great and I will surely suggest this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2014This was our first visit and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The large menu offered traditional choices and interesting variations to suit all tastes. Value was good based on prices and especially since a soup or salad is included with entrees. The food had a "home made" flavor. Our server, Natale, was very friendly and skilled. We stayed a long time to finish conversations and never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Great food. very reasonable.DBrownDined on 4/27/2014Went on a Sunday night. Wasn't too crowded which is fine by me. Food was great. Servings were big and prices were reasonable. Nice variety on the menu. Had the penned vodka, which I never order, but they had a twist to theirs so I got it. Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!DC51Dined on 4/26/2014This restaurant has the very best quality, fresh food. It was absolutely fabulous! A big "thank you" to our server, Natalie. He made our dinner even more enjoyable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great Italian meal!Special Features:
- Always greatDiBlazVIPDined on 4/19/2014Never a bad meal here. By far the best Italian restaurant in South JerseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local authentic Italianfood4fuelDined on 4/10/2014Great local authentic Italian food. Reasonably priced and good service. Wish I knew about this place sooner. I'll be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieleafyalldayDined on 3/30/2014Food was good my wife ordered the tuna steak wasn't to fond of it said it was dry but overall it was another restaurant we had to try out and it was ok.Special Features:
- My Veal dinner was very goodSha1Dined on 3/22/2014My Veal dinner was very good except my Asparagus was mushy. The Veal was VERY tender.Special Features:
- Great choice!GlorVIPDined on 3/22/2014I have eaten at this restaurant many times. Food is never a disappointment. Service was great. Requested booth was available when we arrived. Love this restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered the special for theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/19/2014Ordered the special for the evening, sirloin tips. I usually think of tips of at least 1 inch pieces, these were more like scraps cut off of the end with gristle. On two occassions I was asked how we enjoyed our meal and my comment was it was "OK". The server responded he was sorry and left it at that. The host at the desk was quite satisfied with the response. Not sure we will return. On a positive note, the bottle of wine on special was good.
- Really enjoyed dining at ItaliangeorgeDined on 3/15/2014Really enjoyed dining at Italian Affair. Nice place and bar. Outdoor seating looked great. Pork Chop with meat sauce and hots was excellent as were all the appetizers.Special Features:
- My wife's dinner was veryJosephVIPDined on 3/10/2014My wife's dinner was very good. I ordered Filet and it was very tough. Could barely cut it with the knife. I did not finish itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyonecndirector1Dined on 3/10/2014While on business in Gloucester NJ we decided to go to this restaurant. The menu was very diverse and provided my colleague and I the chance to try a variety of selections. I tried the Salmon and Argula Salad. It was excellent and the potion size more than adequate. I also had a side of Asparagus and while I wished it would have been served grilled the olive oil and garlic was a nice change. My guest enjoyed the Stuffed Eggplant which she found to be very tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent veallenpurzDined on 3/9/2014First time dining here and all I can say is that I wish I had tried them sooner. Flatbread on specials menu for appetizer was excellent. My wife had a scallop, shrimp and crabmeat pasta dish that was done perfectly and loaded with crab and had large scallops. But my veal dish (veal paisano) was extraordinary. It may have been the most tender, best piece of veal I've had anywhere, Will definitely return.
- dessertdinerDined on 3/7/2014Was disappointed that there was no Italian rum cake. It was 7:30 pm and they said they already ran out of cake.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dinning experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014The food was excellent and our server was friendly. We enjoyed ourselves & will be back.Special Features:
- More suggestionsAnnieDined on 2/15/2014I would love to see more suggestions on the pinot Grigio wine list and more seafood suggestions.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!!Gdunlap64Dined on 2/15/2014Dinner was awesome,but noise level was terrible could not have a conversation with my wife ,we left early cause wanted to be able to catch up an hear each other speak!! Felt like we ate an ranSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantGregDined on 2/14/2014I've lived in Glassboro for a while, and finally tried Italian Affair for Valentine's Day with my wife. They went the extra mile to make it special. The service was excellent, the food was amazing (I had the Chilean sea bass, which melted in my mouth), and the ambiance was romantic. Overall, we really enjoyed our time, and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restuarant gives youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014This restuarant gives you your moneys worth in food. The food was hot and the time to wait was not bad. I come back every year at the same time for the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.