Itacho Japanese Izakaya and Sushi
7311 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Itacho Japanese Izakaya and Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.itachorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3239389009x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30 pm - 11:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm on Saturdays and 5:00pm-10pm on Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Hiraoki Yamada
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We provide catering services at the place of your choosing. For further information please contact Anna at 323 938 9009.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private mezzanine space is available for your special events, meetings or parties. It can accommodate up to 45 people. For further information please inquire within.
- Private Party Contact: Anna 3239389009x
A word from Itacho Japanese Izakaya and Sushi
This comfortable restaurant offers something for everyone from its authentic Japanese Izakaya style dishes to a full SUSHI menu along with a great selection of Beer, Wine and Sake. Itacho is now open for lunch and offers a sushi counter and patio seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Itacho Japanese Izakaya and Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Big DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/21/2014After hearing this was a neighborhood gem for many years, we finally decided to try it for a quick weeknight dinner while our kids were out of town. Our entire meal was awful.. flavorless sushi, dried out cucumber salad, fishy and mushy shrimp dumplings and spicy yellowtail toast. We would have been better off staying home. Didn't help that a 3 year old was sitting at a nearby table and watching videos without headphones for everyone else to enjoy!
- OutstandingE9N20Dined on 7/18/2014This is a go-to neighborhood gem. Actually was going back on Satuday night but the cinema an long. Friendly, knowledgeable and just nice. Food is delish ! Itacho always delivers.Special Features:
- Great & UniqueDecoHarlowDined on 7/5/2014I am never disappointed with this place. It is what I expect every time I go, fresh, clean & delicious!!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014Itacho continues to be a consistently good choice for sushi. Fish is always fresh and taste filled.Special Features:
- The following 216 reviews are from the Itacho Japanese Izakaya and Sushi reviews archive.
- great restaurantzosiaDined on 5/19/2014great food, not crowded. good ambiance, and fantastic service. they were quick and attentive and very nice.Special Features:
- JimicVIPDined on 5/17/2014The best Sushi in all of LA. Whenever we are away from home, Ita Cho is our first stop upon our return.Special Features:
- Love it!markdmarcVIPDined on 5/16/2014I have been dining at Itacho for almost 20 years and it still is great! I love the food and the service. I'm so happy that this is in my neighborhood....Can't be beat!Special Features:
- Always goodmarkdmarcVIPDined on 4/26/2014I've been going to Itacho for 20 years...and it's always good. Love the vibe and love that's it's still happening. Food is just delicious. It's like coming home....Special Features:
- best sushi value in LAeaterDined on 3/29/2014Great place to go if you like good sushi, in a clean place, and do not like having a heart attack when you get the bill :)Special Features:
- Unusual sushilovetoeatVIPDined on 3/6/2014Little hidden gem on Beverly Blvd. Went on a Thursday night. Not crowded, but not empty either. They have a daily sushi menu on the wall, in addition to the regular menu. Tried the blue cod taro roll and a white snapper. Both were good but expected more than 2 pieces of the white snapper for $12. Had a rainbow roll which was plentiful and lovely. Service was very good. As soon as you were done eating, plates were removed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy, but super slowbiscuittVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was good, once it came. We went on valentines day but it wasn't super crowded so that couldn't have been why they were slowI would recommend this to a friend.
- crispy bones..Food4meVIPDined on 2/14/2014try the crispy bones flounder and dipped in ponzu. delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and very mediocreGinaDined on 2/12/2014The service is spotty at best. Food is nothing special. Small portions, low grade fish. They completely messed up on the check.
- Delivers !E9N20Dined on 1/31/2014This neighborhood gem is just that, a gem. Food is delish and fresh. Customer service is stellar. There is just nothing wrong with the place. Great service (people) & food. Whenever I scan the restaurant during dinner, I noticed that the other patrons are smiling and having a great time too.Special Features:
- My friend and I had a solidSimiDined on 1/25/2014My friend and I had a solid experience this past Sat night. I've dined at Itacho in the past (during the week when it's not quite so busy) and it's always quite good. This past Sat didn't fail in the taste department - however the service was much slower and our food took an incredibly long time to come out. I do understand that Sat evenings are busier than normal weeknights so in that area, it's forgivable. However, on two separate occasions, the server took our order and we had to check with him on our food (once we realized how long it was taking) and it turned out, the order was lost and he had to re-write and submit. So, we waited twice as long as we would normally need to. With all that said, the food is so good it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good but..leneDined on 1/25/2014It was pretty good about food and casual comfortable place for fun nite. But I didn't like the lady(I think she is owner'wife.withhout smile and she looked like in bad mood.She passed my table several time and contact eyes but no smile.Very weird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sushi joint in the areaminlaDined on 12/13/2013overall good service and food- not flashy like roku or rocking sushi with long list of crazy rolls but good- love the mochi ice cream. Hard to find a parking spot at night in the area so valet is $5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wanted to try ItachoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2013I always wanted to try this restaurant. I had heard great things about it and I was not disappointed. The service was attentive and the sushi was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi and more.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013We eat at itacho often. The food quality is excellent and the service is friendly and fast.Special Features:
- Hm hm goodLilith90048Dined on 10/13/2013This has become my favorite neighborhood sushi bar. The sushi is great and the staff is very nice and accommodating. You won't get the bum's rush here like my last favorite sushi place.Special Features:
- Great SashimifanfromPLBVIPDined on 10/9/2013The sashimi here is probably the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, authentic Japanese foodjtjonesphdDined on 9/21/2013Amazing authentic Japanese tapas and really fresh sushi at this secret neighborhood spot. Definitely a find. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Loved it!Lilith90048Dined on 9/13/2013This place is great. The sushi is good, the wait staff is wonderful and try the fried chicken.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood sushiVeredDined on 9/11/2013love the food and the wait staff Prices aren't badSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itOwenbDined on 8/28/2013very pricey, not all that, no vibe in there...... simply not worth the massive price tag
- Great sushiLahawkVIPDined on 8/5/2013We went with a large group which is always tricky with sushi but it exceeded expectations. I ordered many different pieces of nigiri and it was served to me on my own plate - not mixed up with other orders which I really liked.. The waiter recommended the order in which to eat each piece and he was absolutely right! The sushi was so fresh and created with care.The appetizers - crunchy rice stick with spicy tuna and yellowtail sashimi with jalapeño was wonderful and the kids loved it. I have sushi once a week either at nobu, sugarfish or Katsuya and the food here was just as good, some of it better.. A great surprise. They do need more waiters though. There only seemed to be one the night we were there and it got very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushi was delicious, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2013sushi was delicious, good service, great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Sushi place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2013I just love this place. The servers are friendly and attentive- they will even make suggestions based on what fish is the freshest. I love the variety on the menu along with their prices. It will not cost you an arm & leg to have a great sushi dinner. They also have a specials menu written on a chalkboard that have great deals too. The food is fantastic and very flavorful. I have not disliked any dish I have ordered there. I usually just get sushi and haven't tried many of their hot dishes other than some appetizers. It's conveniently located on Beverly Blvd and has affordable valet parking if you can't find a meter. If you like sushi or even if you are curious about trying it- you will not be sorry you went to Itacho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best Japanese I'veJennDined on 7/3/2013Not the best Japanese I've ever had but it was fresh and tasty so I can't complain too muchI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to have in the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2013Go for the sushi, it is always fresh and a level above the competition at this price point. The cooked dishes can be inconsistent. A great place to have in the neighborhood - a high quality, no hassle, reasonably priced restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmarkdmarcVIPDined on 5/17/2013Always good...always fun...Love Itacho! Started the small plates craze and still great!Special Features:
- Regular!kateDined on 5/12/2013I visit Itacho regularly and it's always great! It's a perfect restaurant to dine with friends, a date, a large group, and my favorite spot for dinner with my boyfriend and his mother. We order the Lotus Root and Curry Shrimp dishes every time we come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Japanese foodjtjonesphdDined on 5/12/2013With so many Westernized Japanese restaurants in LA, it's refreshing to find a restaurant that doesn't cater to the American palate and instead stays true to traditional Japanese izakaya-style cuisine. Izakaya food is essentially Japanese tapas, and the fun is to create a meal out of small plates of delicious tidbits like miso-marinated eggplant, crunchy fried chicken, and Japanese peppers sautéed in soy sauce. There's even sushi for those who can't goo without. The service is good and helpful if you need any items explained. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2013The food was good. Some fun dishes, although nothing set itself apart. That might be due to the bad service overshadowing the food. Had to ask two and three times for everything. With only three tables, and the staff visibly standing around chatting, it was upsetting that we had to ask for the check twice - after waiting ten minutes. We missed the desert run to Milk, across the street. The birthday desert plan was ruined. I'd recommend BLD over this place in a heartbeat. But if you can get over the service, this place has a fun dining experience at reasonable prices, for most dishes
- First TimeStormtrooperDined on 5/3/2013Food was really fresh and the staff very helpful. Service was outstanding. I tried to find something negative to say about this place, but not one thing comes to mind. It was a very enjoyable meal. Also they have valet parking. The spicy tuna on crispy rice was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for excellentJJMUSSVIPDined on 4/18/2013Great place for excellent sushi! This will be our go to spot for sushi! So Fresh!Special Features:
- Great Sashimi!fanfromPLBVIPDined on 4/5/2013I will definitely return to this restaurant. The sashimi was like butter. Just melted in your mouth. Very fast service, also.... though we were the first people in the restaurant for Friday night dinner, so it's a little hard to judge appropriately.
- Coming home....markdmarcVIPDined on 3/15/2013Always good....always reliable. Good Japanese Izakaya...and now they have sushi too! It's like coming home....Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Everything was fairly good, except the grilled teriyaki octopus was dry and tough - when we complained, the servers just shrugged. Also, 'large' hot sake is pretty small. Do not make a 10:00 reservation - though we were early, we were always rushed to order. Probably would not go back. Really miss the charm of their original location years ago on Highland and Santa Monica - just feels cold and generic now.
- Ita-Cho is always great andTomFVIPDined on 3/6/2013Ita-Cho is always great and sushi chef Hiro is on par with the absolute best LA has to offer. Beyond the sushi, the tatsuta age and buta kakuni are also excellent.Special Features: