Istanbul Turkish Cousine
1125 Burlingame Ave.
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Istanbul Turkish Cousine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.istanbul-turkishcuisine.com/
- Phone: 6503473637
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 2.30pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Istanbul Turkish Cousine
Love Turkish cuisine and wine? We sure you do! This is why we created Istanbul Turkish Cuisine and Wine Bar. You can enjoy your selection of wines and beers with an extensive selection of great Turkish kebabs , Sea foods , hot and cold appetizers. Istanbul Turkish Cuisine is the best destination for you and for your family for delicious food and drinks.Come by,enjoy your meal, relax, have a drink and enjoy life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Istanbul Turkish Cousine reviews from OpenTable diners
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013My kids took me to Istanbul for my birthday. My wife and I had eaten there before and we were pleased with the food and service. It was a special New Year's Eve dinner for $64 including a glass of wine or beer. Service was very good. We went early before the rush. Our fish was prepared perfectly and was filleted by the waiter at the table. Appetizers were very fresh and there was plenty of fresh hot bread to go along with it. Overall, a pleasant restaurant for Turkish cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchStevieRayDined on 11/14/2013Had lunch with a friend here, had excellent salads, very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit to IstanbulGlobalTravelerNDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2013I went to Istanbul Turkish Restaurant a month ago with my friend and we were both very impressed with its food quality and great service. I went back this time with my husband and we were again very happy with the experience. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good Fresh FoodTomMDined on 9/24/2013Dined here with a friend mid-week. Service was outstanding, everyone was very friendly. Nice decor. Food was very good, fresh and tasty. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food that too longTryitOnceVIPDined on 9/20/2013When we arrived, restaurant wasn't full, but had several tables fill up while we were there. From the start of the meal, to the end too nearly 2 full hours because our waiter seemed overly busy and only came when we asked. Service was generally slow,
- Not what we expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/14/2013My husband wanted to try this place. We were very disappointed with the food. The lentil soup was ok. The lamb kebabs were fair but lacked flavor. They were way too bland. The vegetable was good but the basmati rice was terrible. It was not basmati rice. It was more like an overcooked Uncle Bens rice. The service was descent. We will not be returning to this restaurant.
- We were on vacation and gaveAjamomVIPDined on 9/12/2013We were on vacation and gave this place a try and loved the food. If I was a local I would be here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkey ReturnSFGirlVIPDined on 8/25/2013Having just visited Istanbul I was happy to find this restaurant. Many dishes to chose from. Kabobs were very good.Special Features:
- Finally a Winner on that Corner!jgmjicVIPDined on 8/18/2013There were half a dozen restaurantsduring the last several years at that otherwise well-located corner of Lorton and Burlingame Avenues, but their food was always below par, so none of them made it. Finally, with its new owner and chef, the restaurant now named Istanbul is a winner. The best fresh salad anywhere (choban, add some feta, one protion serves two), excellent babaganoush and fresh eggplant delight, good tarama salata, and good and sensibly-priced main plates. Try it for lunch first, at one of the outdoor tables with good people-watching.Special Features:
- Now called Istanbul Turkish CuisineLocavoreDined on 7/26/2013As a lover of Turkish food, this restaurant was a real fiind. Try the selection of spreads, especially the smoky eggplant one, and the whole grilled branzino for $23 was a deal, perfectly cookly, moist, delicious, and large enough for two people to share as an entree. The staff were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De-lish Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/9/2013My work friends thought we'd try a new place for drinks and appetizers in Burlingame, so we made a reservation for the Grape Escape wine bar. Much to our surprise, we happened to show up on the first night of a new menu and lovely family restaurant - Instanbul Turkish Cuisine. The food was amazing! I had the chicken kabob with basmati rice and the shepherd's salad - best EVER! The baklava was good - made with pistachios, but I prefer Greek-style with walnuts. I don't live in the area, but I will be sure to bring my East Bay friends back to sample more dishes soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but serviceManiVIPDined on 3/3/2013Food was good but service okay and I expected more variety of wine from a wine bar.
- The butternut squash raviolimiriVIPDined on 2/28/2013The butternut squash ravioli was outstanding as was all the vegetable side dishes and appetizers.. However the pizza was terrible. The server was so nice we are going back for another try- just not the pizza.
- Unfortunately we were on aKarstynDined on 12/25/2012Unfortunately we were on a very tight time schedule and could not spend as much time there as we needed to - so we will be going back. Food was very good and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:
- Good turkish food. Not aLexophileVIPDined on 12/11/2012Good turkish food. Not a large selection for fish eaters. Conveniently located.Special Features:
- Excellent service and deliciousAAAAVIPDined on 11/17/2012Excellent service and delicious food - can't go wrong with that combo!Special Features:
- Tasty Turkish CuisineRsadow123Dined on 11/6/2012Overall, food was good. Meats cooked perfectly. Tabouli could have used slightly more vinegar. Tested a white wine which was more like champagne; unfortunately, it did not go well; that was my fault. Great service. Very nice atmosphere. Very light crowd, maybe because it was Election Night; nothing went well that night. Parking can be a challenge on busy nights...may have to walk a block or two but worth it. Likely return and try again.Special Features:
- The restaurant was fairlyIanKDined on 10/20/2012The restaurant was fairly quiet on a Saturday night. We started with some nice combo appetizers - the usual such as hummus etc. It would have been better if the bread were warm. Love nice warm pied. the Iskender was tasty. My special, lamb shank, was good. Service eas very friendly, down to pictures of the waiter's home town Istanbul. Overall a pleasant experience.
- This was my first visit toGratefulDinerVIPDined on 10/16/2012This was my first visit to Mangal, and I went with my sister, who has been to Turkey twice. We were delighted by the delicious food, reasonable prices, and friendly service. The restaurant itself was also nicely designed and decorated. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Restaurant is still new andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2012Restaurant is still new and adjusting to local tastes. Hopefully over time, the service and the food quality will excel.Special Features:
- Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012Pleasant evening! Chicken pide and falafel and Iskenderun kebab all delicious. So was the appetizer platter.Special Features:
- Food was well-prepared .JunebugVIPDined on 9/17/2012Food was well-prepared . A good place to enjoy Ethnic food. Ambiance was quite pleasant.Special Features:
- Great Find !!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012This place has authentic Turkish food. By the way it is very western in terms of the flavors. Nothing too spicy or strange. The service is great and the prices reasonable. The restaurant has a nice ambience and servers are friendly and polite. It is located in a nice neighborhood. Great place for any occasion.Special Features: