Istanblue Mediterranean Cuisine
68 Congress Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Istanblue Mediterranean Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.istanbluemediterranean.com/
- Phone: 5185810181
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: starting at 11:00am
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: until 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Emrah Atici
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: We can cater tasty and delicious Mediterranean food for your party, personal, business and family events.
A word from Istanblue Mediterranean Cuisine
If you close your eyes while dining at Istanblue Mediterranean Cuisine, you might forget where you are. Aromas of Turkish coffee, roasted gyros, and grilled calamari waft through the air, transporting you from Saratoga Springs to the shores of Turkey, which both the head chef and owner once called home. Much of the menu is straightforward, like the lamb kebabs that cook on an open grill. Certain dishes, however, reflect Chef Emrah Atici's creative flair. He dresses up grilled octopus with pomegranate sauce and slices lamb and beef paper-thin for iskender. The latter made a deep impression on one Times Union journalist, who described it as "a gyro wrap deliciously deconstructed and piled high with extra meat and melted butter." For dessert, try pistachio baklava or kazan dibi, a caramelized custard dessert that resembles crème brûlée.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Istanblue Mediterranean Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (12)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food, great placeNoraDined on 8/31/2014Delicious food, friendly staff, We would like to come again for dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leboeatsDined on 8/23/2014We were disappointed to be told that the previous possibility of bringing you own bottle had been cancelled. So we had a wineless dinner. They are expecting their liquor license today. The food was good. Pepper with the lamb kabob was atomically hot.
- Hidden Gem at the SpaMrKenDined on 8/2/2014Not an obvious location and the strip mall corner leaves a bit to be desired but, whole grilled fish, authentic recipes, freshness obvious, sharing plates, reasonable prices........now just can't wait until they get that liquor license!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2014Food is wonderful from the cold appetizer plate to perfectly grilled kebabs and delicious turkish specialty dishes. The service is courteous but sometimes slow.Special Features:
- Mehsmashlaw10Dined on 7/20/2014It was just ok. No bar service. I've had really good Turkish/Mediterranean food before and this did not come close. It was uninspiring and very bland.Special Features:
- gem of a restaurantelk1Dined on 7/19/2014Istanblue is so authentic, the lemon/olive oil flavors are wonderful, I had the tabuli salad with lamb kabobs and both dishes were great. I will return with friends next time in Saratoga for this must try restaurant.Special Features:
- Good findLike2travelDined on 7/7/2014While visiting Saratoga Springs came upon this restaurant off the tourist track. Food was very good and kitchen was very accommodating. Good value for lunch or dinner. Olive tampanade served with the bread was incredible! Definitely seek it out if you are a fan of Mediterranean cuisine.Special Features:
- Something DifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Food is different. Some selections were excellent, others just O.K. Not sorry I tried it but don't expect to return.
- Slow serviceFoodie39Dined on 6/26/2014Although the restaurant was quite empty we had a very long wait before we got our food.
- not so goodLizziebearDined on 6/8/2014We had two appetizers...calamari which was very good and the falafel ..tasteless. i had the kofta kebab..flavor good but dry. My son had the sea trout. It came as a whole fish. Mo place to debone the fish...it was cooked well but no flavor...we would not ho back.Special Features:
- very good turkish foodYummyVIPDined on 5/31/2014We found a review on Yelp and decided to try this place...well off the beaten path in Saratoga Springs in a strip shopping center behind CVS... We had the grilled octopus stuffed with cheese as an appetizer and shared an order of Iskender ( basically bread with strips of lamb on top covered by a marinara red sauce and red and green peppers...It is enough to share for either lunch or dinner...huge portion. The baklava was TO DIE FOR delicious. We had been to Turkey and wanted some of the olive oil that they use with oregano,paprika and red peppers...the host made some for us..Delicious! The bread is also delivered with delicious tepanade. We will be back...Special Features:
- Tasty. Great staffAdnerboDined on 5/30/2014All of the food was very good. We tried the Turkish specialties. Portions for the mains were too large if you enjoy one of their delicious salads or appetizers first. While a strip mall location, the interior is very nice. It is BYOB FYI but a large liquor store is in the same mall. The waiter was funny and engaging. Good overall experience.Special Features:
- Eropean style dining, relaxingWTravelersDined on 5/24/2014The issues I read about the service here were very true BUT since I have traveled around the world and backpacked around Europe, I was not discouraged by it. My wife sumed it up when she said it rinded her of a European style dining experience. What I mean is, while the food is ecellent, the mainfocus is the conversation at the table. The portions were also double what we could eat without being full. So, for the price, you are getting a great deal. I hope the quality of the food stays up to par for our next visit. I would like to see some dividers go up to break up the room some so it doesnt seem like a dinning hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Istanblue Mediterranean Cuisine reviews archive.
- very busy on this visitsidistiDined on 5/17/2014WE have never seen it so busy, and the wait staff was a bit overwhelmed. I always enjoy the Iskender dish. My wife's Shish Kebab was a bit overdone, but still tasty.Special Features:
- Spotty Service and Overcooked LambJustRightVIPDined on 5/17/2014While the appetizers of hummus and octopus were exceptional, as was the pita, the service was inconsistent and the shish kebab and lamb chops overcooked and flavorless.
- Rating Hurt by Bad ServiceMsRevDined on 5/9/2014Eaten here before with a fellow foodie and had both great food and service. Was excited to share this find with friends, but was disappointed. The main reasons: lack of attentiveness from the server, missing food and drink, and length of wait for food. Server NEVER ASKED if we wanted adult beverages, but did keep the water coming. My son spoke up on his own and asked for juice and was told it would be right out. 15 minutes later we had to ask for it. My spouse's dinner was missing a side. The meal, when it did arrive, was great, including kid-friendly Shish Kabobs (stick removed - good idea for kids) and Stuffed Cabbage. May not be their norm, but not a good experience for us. 45 minutes away - not worth the drive or money for us.Special Features:
- no liquor license as of April 2014marianVIPDined on 4/16/2014Food was absolutely fabulous! Open late, so we could go after the theater. But....at the time of our visit, they did not have their liquor liens. They claimed they had been trying to get it for months, and hoped to have it soon. We were disappointed. If this matters to you, call before you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.