Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar
9 Crosby Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.isolasoho.com/
- Phone: 2123890000x1
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sun: 7am - 11am
Mon - Fri: 11:30am - 3pm
Sun - Tues: 6pm - 11pm
Weds – Sat: 6pm - 12am
Tues - Wed: 6pm - 11pm
Thurs - Sat: 6pm - 12am
Sat - Sun: 11:30am - 3pm
Sun - Mon: Closes at 12am
Tues - Wed: Closes at 1am
Thurs - Sat: Closes at 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Victor LaPlaca
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Howard & Grand
- Public Transit: Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar and Mondrian Soho Hotel are located two blocks North of the Canal Street subway (N, R, W, Q and 6 trains). A few blocks west you can travel on the A, C or E train and walk east to Lafayette Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: The nearest parking lot is located at 174 Centre Street.
A word from Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar
Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar is a Coastal Italian restaurant with food and ambiance inspired by the Amalfi Coast, Italian Riviera and Sicily. Chef Victor LaPlaca creates light, fresh, and flavorful Italian cuisine that captures the spirit of these Italian provinces, where food, wine and hospitality are celebrated part of everyday life.Continued
Isola primarily operates as a reservation restaurant.
Isola primarily operates as a reservation restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (56)great for brunch (49)special occasion (49)hot spot (44)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (41)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (34)vibrant bar scene (25)great for outdoor dining (24)scenic view (23)notable wine list (15)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- RestoFrenchfoodloverDined on 10/25/2014Great spot for drinks but aside from the pizza (was good) the food portion is ridiculously small. Talking half the size of an upscale french restaurant small. Too bad because the place looks great.Special Features:
- Bad Service & Bad FoodLauren22Dined on 10/17/2014I've been dying to dine at this restuarant for several months now. Finally having a occasion to celebrate we decided to make reservations. The decor is absolutely stunning and gorgeous. However the food and service does not meet the expectations or matches the ambiance. I am a true foodie at heart and love dinning out in the NYC area. I have absolutely no problem paying for food no matter the price as long as it is memorable and tasty. Even more so, the service provided should be equally pleasing. I am so disappointed by this beautiful place not providing great food and great service.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceFG317Dined on 10/17/2014Made a reservation for my birthday to have dinner with my husband and this place exceeded my expectations. Lovely ambience, romantic and qu ain't. The room decor was one of my favorite with all the chandeliers. It gives it a really elegant field to it. The food was amazing. Not too small, not too big, portion was right in the middle. The wine selection is a must for me and they have amazing wine list. The music was at a comfortable level where you were able to conversate with your date and hear them just fine. After hours like around 10pm the music goes a little up but not bad. The only Negative comment I can say is that the tables are really close together, so it can sometimes feel Like your dining with the people next to you.But that's NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch under a glass houseEtcholaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Lunch under a glass house made us almost feel like we had an outdoor lunch, the place is si nice, full of light and not too noisy. Besides food was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzy restaurant!JennyDined on 10/15/2014We booked sola after seeing it in the movie "The Other Woman" and we were not disappointed. It has a lovely ambience with fairy lights that welcome and draw you in. The crystal chandeliers that adorn the room are lovely as to are the collection of glass Apocathery's. The service was excellent and the owner very accommodating . We would definitely recommend it to anyone planning to visit. Many thanks.Special Features:
- Great findUnnmdDined on 10/11/2014Food was amazing, service was superb. Decided to go randomly and was not let down. The space is comfortable and designed impeccably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Best pancakes!!! They just melt in your mouth. Also the wine is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Beautifully decorated. Decent food and nice ambiance if you want a scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Great spot for dinner. Came here on a Friday night and was seated immediately and received great service from the staff.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceLuv2dineDined on 10/5/2014I have wanted to try this brunch for months and was not disappointed. What a fun experience and cool ambiance. Service was fantastic. Can't wait to try it again next vist to SoHo.Special Features:
- Pretty But limitedRafiqDined on 9/27/2014Lunch menu is too little. Need to Work on more choices on your lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Loved food and atmosphere for lunch! Excellent! I would recommend and go again.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!ItalyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Beautiful place! Outstanding service!! Delicious food, among others we loved in particular:Baby Octopus, Lobster, Fennel salad, Pollo al Mattone and as dessert Tartufo :-) Bravi!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I would recommend this resturant to everyone. The hostess was very pleasant and the waitstaff was right on every detail. The also gave us complimentary champagne for our 25th anniversary! I loved the ambiance! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, great foodWineanddineDined on 9/13/2014The food was AMAZING. I had the lemon ricotta pancakes- probably the best thing I have ever tasted. So delicious. The restaurant is beautiful, I love the way they have set it up. Very rustic/outdoors feel, but trendy and clean. The service was pretty bad, however. We ordered coffees right when we sat down and didn't get them for 15 more minutes. And our waiter did not check on us once, we had to track him down whenever we needed something. But the food and setting was worth it!Special Features:
- AmazingXoMtzDined on 9/12/2014Great food. Good service. A bit dark and loud for dinner, but we enjoyed the experience very much. Try the tuna crudo. It was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely coming backMajejoDined on 9/9/2014I saw the restaurant on the Other Woman, and I instantly fall for the ambience of the restaurant. So I was so excited when I finally got there. It was just like in a movie, only better! Because the food is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls LunchMaggieBeeDined on 9/5/2014Celebrated my friends engagement here. Setting was beautiful. Bartender, hostess and waitress were all friendly and very accommodating. Would definitely go back and recommend it to friends or family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical!Lovefood2muchVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch with my bf and I was at awe with the décor of this place, I've never seen a restaurant this beautiful. From the glass ceilings, the chandeliers, and the charming set up of the tables, the place looks amazing. The food did not disappoint either. My bf had the burger, which was super juicy and delicious, and I had the pancakes, so fluffy and good. For drinks I had a few Mondrian Bellinis which were so yummy and my bf had an "old fashioned" some mix of whiskey and lemon juice that he also enjoyed. The service was excellent, both the waiter and hostess were very nice. From the looks of it, this place can get really pricey, but for brunch I found the prices to be very reasonable. I cant wait to be back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty spot but not my favoritejdlkVIPDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant is very beautiful and romantic but for me marred by music that was too loud and not to my taste--very new agey and monotonous. If I have to strain to speak and be heard over the music then it is too loud. They did turn it down after we asked but the bass was still high enough I felt an unpleasant buzzing throughout the meal. Also some of the portions are on the small side. The fruit focaccia and the bombolini (little chocolate filled doughnuts) were both 3 one-bite bits. They should serve more or make them bigger. If you like trendy, SoHo, spots with a buzz and don't mind smaller portions this is for you. If you prefer something more quiet with bigger portions, then it may not be the best choice.Special Features:
- very Nice placejennyDined on 8/22/2014Cet endroit est magnifique vraiment!! Peu de restaurants s y comparent au niveau de l architecture ( dans une immense verrière) et de l ambiance ( éclairage tamisé. ....lustre de crystal....chandelles etc...) une dj était sur place pour mettre de la musique live....vraiment c était une soirée magnifique. J y ai fêté mes 40 ans. Nourriture excellente aussi quoi que la présentation pourrait être plus soignée mais on s'y sent vraiment comme dans une trattoria italienne. Les tagliatelles au homard étaient excellentes. Endroit magnifique et décor incroyable. J y retournerais!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service!nycfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful service and food! Highly recommended! We even had a celebrity sightingSpecial Features:
- GorgeousKattDined on 8/20/2014The scenery is spectacular and the food is to die for. Definitely on my top 3 favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- Great for a Special NightJerseyGirlDined on 8/16/2014We actually saw the restaurant in a movie and we really wnated to go there for a special occasion. The restaurant is beautiful, with glass walls and roof, and crystal chandeliers. We loved the ambience, drinks and waitress. We had hamachi crudo for appetizer, it was small but very flavorful. I had a pizza from daily specials menu and it was really good, my husband had a pasta dish (I cant remember which one, I think it had tomatoes and lobster) and he didnt think it was that good for the price, he actually liked my pizza better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Bday DinnerEricDined on 8/10/2014Took my girlfriend here for her bday dinner. She loved the place, the food was very tasty, good wine selection too. The service was really friendly, just not very organized. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014A young peoples scene with lots of options for cool small plates on the menu such as mixed Tuscan cheese and meat tastings and excellent crudos I found some of the entrees more successful than others but prices are reasonable and its a really nice place to be. Beautiful space and excellent service with caring people far outweigh any shortcomings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot for brunchWanderlustDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a nice spot for a birthday brunch and Isola was perfect! From the beautiful entrance to the amazing ambience we were impressed with the overall feel of the restaurant in addition to the fantastic food. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- A beautiful food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014I have dined at this restaurant several times now and love bringing guests to experience this beautiful setting and the fresh and clean food they serve. The crude is to die for especially the lobster one. The salads are fresh, pizzas are crispy and flavorful, and the pasta combinations excellent. I truly love sitting in this magically beautiful room day and night even for sitting and sipping a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowStevDined on 7/29/2014What a beautiful hidden spot, tucked away in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and settingluv2dineDined on 7/27/2014Brunch/lunch here is pricey but worth it. You're paying for good food and great ambiance. Nothing beats that than enjoying it with great company! Really good lemon ricotta pancakes. It has to be their signature dish - it was that good. I could lick the sauce off the plate! Beautiful indoor dining with an outdoor vibe.Special Features:
- Wonderfuljc45Dined on 7/20/2014Gorgeous indoor dining that actually looks like almost outdoors because of all the glasses, high ceiling, and windows, and beautiful outside seating. This is a perfect place for a weekend brunch with your friends and to walk around Soho afterward. The food was clean, neat, and simple yet very delicious.Special Features:
- Great setting average foodmarkwilson88Dined on 7/19/2014Our apetizer (ham and cheese platter) was great but both mains (pizza and pasta) disapointed and were not finished. The setting is gorgeous but the food lets down the high end ambienceSpecial Features:
- Just gorgeousLuciDined on 7/19/2014The one thing about Isola that stands out above everything else is just how magnificent the space is. From the glass roof, to the chandeliers, to the impressive bar, its all breathtaking. And the good doesn't end there. Food is delicious, drinks are great, and while the service might not have been as attentive as it should've been, the server was such a sweetheart, all was forgiven. Terrific brunch spot, and I can only imagine how amazing the space looks at night. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- FantasticSam4VIPDined on 7/17/2014Gorgeous restaurant, people and delicious food. The chandeliers are spectacular, great music, loud noise level but part of its appeal. All dishes were great especially the cacio e pepe pasta.Special Features:
- Great place!KikiMacDined on 7/12/2014The place is gorgeous.. So low key but glam at the same time.. The service is amazing and good food.. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fanDianaCDined on 7/5/2014Isola is a current favorite, especially when it's nice out in NYC. There's nothing special about a rooftop scene with mediocre food. It's possible to enjoy both the sun and delicious food when dining at Isola. I went on the July 4th weekend for brunch and it was fairly empty. Food was tasty as usual. The current chef has a heavy hand with salt. My porchetta with poached eggs and leek biscuit was overly salty. I was here two weeks ago and the kitchen over salted the pasta as well. Excellent portions, so it's great for hungry men. I can always rely on Isola to impress.Special Features:
- Amazing Food - TERRIBLE ServiceBruNYChDined on 7/5/2014The brunch and the cocktails were stellar. Ambiance; beautiful. The service was maybe the worst I have ever had in my life. The server was unfamiliar with the menu, delivered our drinks to the wrong table, and brought us an already opened bottle of wine, instead of opening it table side. The bottle also came when we were already halfway through our meal. Not sure what the delay was- it was a $40 bottle- nothing extravagant. I would definitely come back for the food and the setting, but be wary of which server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Spoiled by ServiceDebsdiningVIPDined on 7/5/2014I absolutely love their lemon ricotta pancakes...but they served my two friends meals and forgot mine. Quickly reminded the waitress, she said she would check and then said they would have it right to me. 10 minutes later, nothing....it's like I never spoke to her. My friends food got cold while they waited....until they just had to eat theirs. Then when I tell them again, another 10 minutes and no food....I actually took them 25 minutes to bring out two pancakes. The only good thing was that they comped our first round of drinks...but still there was no excuse for the long wait. It totally ruined the brunch that we came all the way down from 72nd street for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost freezingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014great food, good service, nice decoration but we couldn't enjoyed at all because it was freezing cold.Special Features:
- Great ambiance....but Poor SeviceDinevipVIPDined on 7/2/2014Beautiful setup, appetizer was really good. Main dishes took forever and when they arrived one was cold. Waiter never came to check on us and completely aloofSpecial Features:
- The following 161 reviews are from the Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar reviews archive.