Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar
9 Crosby Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.isolasoho.com/
- Phone: (212) 389-0000 ext. 1
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sun: 7am - 11am
Mon - Fri: 11:30am - 3pm
Sun - Tues: 6pm - 11pm
Weds – Sat: 6pm - 12am
Tues - Wed: 6pm - 11pm
Thurs - Sat: 6pm - 12am
Sat - Sun: 11:30am - 3pm
Sun - Mon: Closes at 12am
Tues - Wed: Closes at 1am
Thurs - Sat: Closes at 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Victor LaPlaca
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Howard & Grand
- Public Transit: Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar and Mondrian Soho Hotel are located two blocks North of the Canal Street subway (N, R, W, Q and 6 trains). A few blocks west you can travel on the A, C or E train and walk east to Lafayette Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: The nearest parking lot is located at 174 Centre Street.
A word from Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar
Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar is a Coastal Italian restaurant with food and ambiance inspired by the Amalfi Coast, Italian Riviera and Sicily. Chef Victor LaPlaca creates light, fresh, and flavorful Italian cuisine that captures the spirit of these Italian provinces, where food, wine and hospitality are celebrated part of everyday life.Continued
Isola primarily operates as a reservation restaurant.
Isola primarily operates as a reservation restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (57)special occasion (48)great for brunch (47)neighborhood gem (41)hot spot (40)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (25)scenic view (23)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Perfect Sunday brunch spotanonymousDined on 11/16/2014Had a lovely brunch here with a few girlfriends on a Sunday. This is probably one of the prettiest spaces in NYC, the chandeliers are stunning, and restaurant has a really open feel to it with lots of greenery. Very chic, but feels unpretentious and comfortable. The food is solid, and their drinks were well made. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014The atmosphere during the day is beautiful. Difficult to find a similar place within ManhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Excellent ambiance.KkkkDined on 11/13/2014Will come back. Excellent welcoming. Great service. Exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous space!LoriBDined on 11/13/2014Gorgeous space great food. I always enjoy going there even just for a drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!LovedItVIPDined on 11/12/2014We went to Isola for an anniversary dinner and it was the perfect combination of romance, trend, delicious food, and a gorgeous venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sour grape waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/12/2014This was a beautiful place to meet up with girlfriends. Unfortunately the waiter and manager couldn't be bothered and it put a damper on the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServicelalalaxxDined on 11/8/2014Went here for brunch. The ambiance and the decor was great. Food was good. The service was bad. No one took a drink order. Had to ask for coffee and tea repeatedly.
- Great atmosphereTomgonz2491Dined on 11/7/2014Brought my girlfriend here for her birthday and she loved it. Food was great people were nice and it was just an overall nice place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful space..disappointing foodNYCFoodieDined on 11/2/2014I would go for the bar scene and dine in another restaurant before or after. It is a shame that the quality of the food doesn't match the price or beautiful space. The pizza was not that good and the crust turned very hard a few minutes after receiving it. My friend ordered pasta and it was extremely dry like it was pre-cooked or left over. Italians would be horrified that below average pasta, small pizza and two glasses of wine cost almost $90. Also, the hostess was extremely impersonable.Special Features:
- Different than what I expectedBriggseyDined on 10/29/2014The food was delicious. The service - meh. The place was much more casual than I thought it would be. When I asked for fresh parmesan - a tin cup was dropped on my table. When our shared plate of pasta came, no assistance came with it, or serving spoon. I would definitely return though (maybe I'll get a better server) especially when the outdoor dining is open in the garden area.Special Features:
- RestoFrenchfoodloverDined on 10/25/2014Great spot for drinks but aside from the pizza (was good) the food portion is ridiculously small. Talking half the size of an upscale french restaurant small. Too bad because the place looks great.Special Features:
- Bad Service & Bad FoodLauren22Dined on 10/17/2014I've been dying to dine at this restuarant for several months now. Finally having a occasion to celebrate we decided to make reservations. The decor is absolutely stunning and gorgeous. However the food and service does not meet the expectations or matches the ambiance. I am a true foodie at heart and love dinning out in the NYC area. I have absolutely no problem paying for food no matter the price as long as it is memorable and tasty. Even more so, the service provided should be equally pleasing. I am so disappointed by this beautiful place not providing great food and great service.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceFG317Dined on 10/17/2014Made a reservation for my birthday to have dinner with my husband and this place exceeded my expectations. Lovely ambience, romantic and qu ain't. The room decor was one of my favorite with all the chandeliers. It gives it a really elegant field to it. The food was amazing. Not too small, not too big, portion was right in the middle. The wine selection is a must for me and they have amazing wine list. The music was at a comfortable level where you were able to conversate with your date and hear them just fine. After hours like around 10pm the music goes a little up but not bad. The only Negative comment I can say is that the tables are really close together, so it can sometimes feel Like your dining with the people next to you.But that's NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch under a glass houseEtcholaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Lunch under a glass house made us almost feel like we had an outdoor lunch, the place is si nice, full of light and not too noisy. Besides food was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzy restaurant!JennyDined on 10/15/2014We booked sola after seeing it in the movie "The Other Woman" and we were not disappointed. It has a lovely ambience with fairy lights that welcome and draw you in. The crystal chandeliers that adorn the room are lovely as to are the collection of glass Apocathery's. The service was excellent and the owner very accommodating . We would definitely recommend it to anyone planning to visit. Many thanks.Special Features:
- Great findUnnmdDined on 10/11/2014Food was amazing, service was superb. Decided to go randomly and was not let down. The space is comfortable and designed impeccably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomefoodie123Dined on 10/11/2014Best pancakes!!! They just melt in your mouth. Also the wine is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Beautifully decorated. Decent food and nice ambiance if you want a scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Great spot for dinner. Came here on a Friday night and was seated immediately and received great service from the staff.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceLuv2dineDined on 10/5/2014I have wanted to try this brunch for months and was not disappointed. What a fun experience and cool ambiance. Service was fantastic. Can't wait to try it again next vist to SoHo.Special Features:
- Pretty But limitedRafiqDined on 9/27/2014Lunch menu is too little. Need to Work on more choices on your lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Loved food and atmosphere for lunch! Excellent! I would recommend and go again.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!ItalyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Beautiful place! Outstanding service!! Delicious food, among others we loved in particular:Baby Octopus, Lobster, Fennel salad, Pollo al Mattone and as dessert Tartufo :-) Bravi!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I would recommend this resturant to everyone. The hostess was very pleasant and the waitstaff was right on every detail. The also gave us complimentary champagne for our 25th anniversary! I loved the ambiance! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, great foodWineanddineDined on 9/13/2014The food was AMAZING. I had the lemon ricotta pancakes- probably the best thing I have ever tasted. So delicious. The restaurant is beautiful, I love the way they have set it up. Very rustic/outdoors feel, but trendy and clean. The service was pretty bad, however. We ordered coffees right when we sat down and didn't get them for 15 more minutes. And our waiter did not check on us once, we had to track him down whenever we needed something. But the food and setting was worth it!Special Features:
- AmazingXoMtzDined on 9/12/2014Great food. Good service. A bit dark and loud for dinner, but we enjoyed the experience very much. Try the tuna crudo. It was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely coming backMajejoDined on 9/9/2014I saw the restaurant on the Other Woman, and I instantly fall for the ambience of the restaurant. So I was so excited when I finally got there. It was just like in a movie, only better! Because the food is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls LunchMaggieBeeDined on 9/5/2014Celebrated my friends engagement here. Setting was beautiful. Bartender, hostess and waitress were all friendly and very accommodating. Would definitely go back and recommend it to friends or family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical!Lovefood2muchVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch with my bf and I was at awe with the décor of this place, I've never seen a restaurant this beautiful. From the glass ceilings, the chandeliers, and the charming set up of the tables, the place looks amazing. The food did not disappoint either. My bf had the burger, which was super juicy and delicious, and I had the pancakes, so fluffy and good. For drinks I had a few Mondrian Bellinis which were so yummy and my bf had an "old fashioned" some mix of whiskey and lemon juice that he also enjoyed. The service was excellent, both the waiter and hostess were very nice. From the looks of it, this place can get really pricey, but for brunch I found the prices to be very reasonable. I cant wait to be back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty spot but not my favoritejdlkVIPDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant is very beautiful and romantic but for me marred by music that was too loud and not to my taste--very new agey and monotonous. If I have to strain to speak and be heard over the music then it is too loud. They did turn it down after we asked but the bass was still high enough I felt an unpleasant buzzing throughout the meal. Also some of the portions are on the small side. The fruit focaccia and the bombolini (little chocolate filled doughnuts) were both 3 one-bite bits. They should serve more or make them bigger. If you like trendy, SoHo, spots with a buzz and don't mind smaller portions this is for you. If you prefer something more quiet with bigger portions, then it may not be the best choice.Special Features:
- very Nice placejennyDined on 8/22/2014Cet endroit est magnifique vraiment!! Peu de restaurants s y comparent au niveau de l architecture ( dans une immense verrière) et de l ambiance ( éclairage tamisé. ....lustre de crystal....chandelles etc...) une dj était sur place pour mettre de la musique live....vraiment c était une soirée magnifique. J y ai fêté mes 40 ans. Nourriture excellente aussi quoi que la présentation pourrait être plus soignée mais on s'y sent vraiment comme dans une trattoria italienne. Les tagliatelles au homard étaient excellentes. Endroit magnifique et décor incroyable. J y retournerais!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service!nycfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful service and food! Highly recommended! We even had a celebrity sightingSpecial Features:
- GorgeousKattDined on 8/20/2014The scenery is spectacular and the food is to die for. Definitely on my top 3 favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- Great for a Special NightJerseyGirlDined on 8/16/2014We actually saw the restaurant in a movie and we really wnated to go there for a special occasion. The restaurant is beautiful, with glass walls and roof, and crystal chandeliers. We loved the ambience, drinks and waitress. We had hamachi crudo for appetizer, it was small but very flavorful. I had a pizza from daily specials menu and it was really good, my husband had a pasta dish (I cant remember which one, I think it had tomatoes and lobster) and he didnt think it was that good for the price, he actually liked my pizza better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Bday DinnerEricDined on 8/10/2014Took my girlfriend here for her bday dinner. She loved the place, the food was very tasty, good wine selection too. The service was really friendly, just not very organized. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014A young peoples scene with lots of options for cool small plates on the menu such as mixed Tuscan cheese and meat tastings and excellent crudos I found some of the entrees more successful than others but prices are reasonable and its a really nice place to be. Beautiful space and excellent service with caring people far outweigh any shortcomings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot for brunchWanderlustDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a nice spot for a birthday brunch and Isola was perfect! From the beautiful entrance to the amazing ambience we were impressed with the overall feel of the restaurant in addition to the fantastic food. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- A beautiful food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014I have dined at this restaurant several times now and love bringing guests to experience this beautiful setting and the fresh and clean food they serve. The crude is to die for especially the lobster one. The salads are fresh, pizzas are crispy and flavorful, and the pasta combinations excellent. I truly love sitting in this magically beautiful room day and night even for sitting and sipping a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowStevDined on 7/29/2014What a beautiful hidden spot, tucked away in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar reviews archive.
- Amazing food and settingluv2dineDined on 7/27/2014Brunch/lunch here is pricey but worth it. You're paying for good food and great ambiance. Nothing beats that than enjoying it with great company! Really good lemon ricotta pancakes. It has to be their signature dish - it was that good. I could lick the sauce off the plate! Beautiful indoor dining with an outdoor vibe.Special Features: