Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar
9 Crosby Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.isolasoho.com/
- Phone: 2123890000x1
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sun: 7am - 11am
Mon - Fri: 11:30am - 3pm
Sun - Tues: 6pm - 11pm
Weds – Sat: 6pm - 12am
Tues - Wed: 6pm - 11pm
Thurs - Sat: 6pm - 12am
Sat - Sun: 11:30am - 3pm
Sun - Mon: Closes at 12am
Tues - Wed: Closes at 1am
Thurs - Sat: Closes at 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Victor LaPlaca
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Howard & Grand
- Public Transit: Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar and Mondrian Soho Hotel are located two blocks North of the Canal Street subway (N, R, W, Q and 6 trains). A few blocks west you can travel on the A, C or E train and walk east to Lafayette Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: The nearest parking lot is located at 174 Centre Street.
A word from Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar
Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar is a Coastal Italian restaurant with food and ambiance inspired by the Amalfi Coast, Italian Riviera and Sicily. Chef Victor LaPlaca creates light, fresh, and flavorful Italian cuisine that captures the spirit of these Italian provinces, where food, wine and hospitality are celebrated part of everyday life.Continued
Isola primarily operates as a reservation restaurant.
Isola primarily operates as a reservation restaurant.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (57)great for brunch (48)neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (42)hot spot (35)good for groups (34)great for lunch (30)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (21)scenic view (20)notable wine list (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delicious!!!ItalyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Beautiful place! Outstanding service!! Delicious food, among others we loved in particular:Baby Octopus, Lobster, Fennel salad, Pollo al Mattone and as dessert Tartufo :-) Bravi!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting, great foodWineanddineDined on 9/13/2014The food was AMAZING. I had the lemon ricotta pancakes- probably the best thing I have ever tasted. So delicious. The restaurant is beautiful, I love the way they have set it up. Very rustic/outdoors feel, but trendy and clean. The service was pretty bad, however. We ordered coffees right when we sat down and didn't get them for 15 more minutes. And our waiter did not check on us once, we had to track him down whenever we needed something. But the food and setting was worth it!Special Features:
- AmazingXoMtzDined on 9/12/2014Great food. Good service. A bit dark and loud for dinner, but we enjoyed the experience very much. Try the tuna crudo. It was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I saw the restaurant on the Other Woman, and I instantly fall for the ambience of the restaurant. So I was so excited when I finally got there. It was just like in a movie, only better! Because the food is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls LunchMaggieBeeDined on 9/5/2014Celebrated my friends engagement here. Setting was beautiful. Bartender, hostess and waitress were all friendly and very accommodating. Would definitely go back and recommend it to friends or family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical!Lovefood2muchVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for brunch with my bf and I was at awe with the décor of this place, I've never seen a restaurant this beautiful. From the glass ceilings, the chandeliers, and the charming set up of the tables, the place looks amazing. The food did not disappoint either. My bf had the burger, which was super juicy and delicious, and I had the pancakes, so fluffy and good. For drinks I had a few Mondrian Bellinis which were so yummy and my bf had an "old fashioned" some mix of whiskey and lemon juice that he also enjoyed. The service was excellent, both the waiter and hostess were very nice. From the looks of it, this place can get really pricey, but for brunch I found the prices to be very reasonable. I cant wait to be back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty spot but not my favoritejdlkVIPDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant is very beautiful and romantic but for me marred by music that was too loud and not to my taste--very new agey and monotonous. If I have to strain to speak and be heard over the music then it is too loud. They did turn it down after we asked but the bass was still high enough I felt an unpleasant buzzing throughout the meal. Also some of the portions are on the small side. The fruit focaccia and the bombolini (little chocolate filled doughnuts) were both 3 one-bite bits. They should serve more or make them bigger. If you like trendy, SoHo, spots with a buzz and don't mind smaller portions this is for you. If you prefer something more quiet with bigger portions, then it may not be the best choice.Special Features:
- very Nice placejennyDined on 8/22/2014Cet endroit est magnifique vraiment!! Peu de restaurants s y comparent au niveau de l architecture ( dans une immense verrière) et de l ambiance ( éclairage tamisé. ....lustre de crystal....chandelles etc...) une dj était sur place pour mettre de la musique live....vraiment c était une soirée magnifique. J y ai fêté mes 40 ans. Nourriture excellente aussi quoi que la présentation pourrait être plus soignée mais on s'y sent vraiment comme dans une trattoria italienne. Les tagliatelles au homard étaient excellentes. Endroit magnifique et décor incroyable. J y retournerais!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service!nycfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful service and food! Highly recommended! We even had a celebrity sightingSpecial Features:
- Great for a Special NightJerseyGirlDined on 8/16/2014We actually saw the restaurant in a movie and we really wnated to go there for a special occasion. The restaurant is beautiful, with glass walls and roof, and crystal chandeliers. We loved the ambience, drinks and waitress. We had hamachi crudo for appetizer, it was small but very flavorful. I had a pizza from daily specials menu and it was really good, my husband had a pasta dish (I cant remember which one, I think it had tomatoes and lobster) and he didnt think it was that good for the price, he actually liked my pizza better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Bday DinnerEricDined on 8/10/2014Took my girlfriend here for her bday dinner. She loved the place, the food was very tasty, good wine selection too. The service was really friendly, just not very organized. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014A young peoples scene with lots of options for cool small plates on the menu such as mixed Tuscan cheese and meat tastings and excellent crudos I found some of the entrees more successful than others but prices are reasonable and its a really nice place to be. Beautiful space and excellent service with caring people far outweigh any shortcomings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot for brunchWanderlustDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a nice spot for a birthday brunch and Isola was perfect! From the beautiful entrance to the amazing ambience we were impressed with the overall feel of the restaurant in addition to the fantastic food. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- A beautiful food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014I have dined at this restaurant several times now and love bringing guests to experience this beautiful setting and the fresh and clean food they serve. The crude is to die for especially the lobster one. The salads are fresh, pizzas are crispy and flavorful, and the pasta combinations excellent. I truly love sitting in this magically beautiful room day and night even for sitting and sipping a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowStevDined on 7/29/2014What a beautiful hidden spot, tucked away in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and settingluv2dineDined on 7/27/2014Brunch/lunch here is pricey but worth it. You're paying for good food and great ambiance. Nothing beats that than enjoying it with great company! Really good lemon ricotta pancakes. It has to be their signature dish - it was that good. I could lick the sauce off the plate! Beautiful indoor dining with an outdoor vibe.Special Features:
- Wonderfuljc45Dined on 7/20/2014Gorgeous indoor dining that actually looks like almost outdoors because of all the glasses, high ceiling, and windows, and beautiful outside seating. This is a perfect place for a weekend brunch with your friends and to walk around Soho afterward. The food was clean, neat, and simple yet very delicious.Special Features:
- Great setting average foodmarkwilson88Dined on 7/19/2014Our apetizer (ham and cheese platter) was great but both mains (pizza and pasta) disapointed and were not finished. The setting is gorgeous but the food lets down the high end ambienceSpecial Features:
- Just gorgeousLuciDined on 7/19/2014The one thing about Isola that stands out above everything else is just how magnificent the space is. From the glass roof, to the chandeliers, to the impressive bar, its all breathtaking. And the good doesn't end there. Food is delicious, drinks are great, and while the service might not have been as attentive as it should've been, the server was such a sweetheart, all was forgiven. Terrific brunch spot, and I can only imagine how amazing the space looks at night. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- FantasticSam4VIPDined on 7/17/2014Gorgeous restaurant, people and delicious food. The chandeliers are spectacular, great music, loud noise level but part of its appeal. All dishes were great especially the cacio e pepe pasta.Special Features:
- Great place!KikiMacDined on 7/12/2014The place is gorgeous.. So low key but glam at the same time.. The service is amazing and good food.. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fanDianaCDined on 7/5/2014Isola is a current favorite, especially when it's nice out in NYC. There's nothing special about a rooftop scene with mediocre food. It's possible to enjoy both the sun and delicious food when dining at Isola. I went on the July 4th weekend for brunch and it was fairly empty. Food was tasty as usual. The current chef has a heavy hand with salt. My porchetta with poached eggs and leek biscuit was overly salty. I was here two weeks ago and the kitchen over salted the pasta as well. Excellent portions, so it's great for hungry men. I can always rely on Isola to impress.Special Features:
- Amazing Food - TERRIBLE ServiceBruNYChDined on 7/5/2014The brunch and the cocktails were stellar. Ambiance; beautiful. The service was maybe the worst I have ever had in my life. The server was unfamiliar with the menu, delivered our drinks to the wrong table, and brought us an already opened bottle of wine, instead of opening it table side. The bottle also came when we were already halfway through our meal. Not sure what the delay was- it was a $40 bottle- nothing extravagant. I would definitely come back for the food and the setting, but be wary of which server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Spoiled by ServiceDebsdiningDined on 7/5/2014I absolutely love their lemon ricotta pancakes...but they served my two friends meals and forgot mine. Quickly reminded the waitress, she said she would check and then said they would have it right to me. 10 minutes later, nothing....it's like I never spoke to her. My friends food got cold while they waited....until they just had to eat theirs. Then when I tell them again, another 10 minutes and no food....I actually took them 25 minutes to bring out two pancakes. The only good thing was that they comped our first round of drinks...but still there was no excuse for the long wait. It totally ruined the brunch that we came all the way down from 72nd street for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost freezingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014great food, good service, nice decoration but we couldn't enjoyed at all because it was freezing cold.Special Features:
- Great ambiance....but Poor SeviceDinevipVIPDined on 7/2/2014Beautiful setup, appetizer was really good. Main dishes took forever and when they arrived one was cold. Waiter never came to check on us and completely aloofSpecial Features:
- Good food!ReeseDined on 7/1/2014I really loved the Chittara pasta I had when I went for a late lunch. It wasn't too busy. Service was good but not great. I would go back again for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unprofessional StafffashionaddictDined on 6/30/2014I was very excited to go to the Mondrian for breakfast. Sadly when I arrived there, staff wasn't welcoming and did not know their menu. After asking for fruits instead of raisins in my oatmeal, I was told right before my food arrived that it was at an extra charge. The extra charge did not bother me, I just feel that you should mention this as soon as I ask for a modification. Also, when I was done my food, nobody came to see us for 30 minutes and I had to get up and ask for the bill. It is not a big deal, but working myself in the restaurant industry, I was expecting the Mondrian to have higher service standards.Special Features:
- Coold...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/25/2014Impossible to have a good dinner, the place was too cold to enjoy... I was only dreaming for this dinner to end.
- beautiful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014had a great dinner here with the girlfriends. amazing honey truffle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationVIPDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is beautiful but the service was awful. Usually things get better during a meal but the service went from bad to worse! The host apologized many times but it still didn't make things move faster. They ran out of selections but waited a bit to tell us and then took forever to make an easy substitution to make things work. I'd like this restaurant to do well since the setting is so nice but they have to get their act together.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/13/2014Place has a skylight and chandeliers...food is very good but you there for the overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isola is DelightfulBevBVIPDined on 6/12/2014Sure it's in the Mondrian Soho with a bit of a "are you beautiful enough to eat here?" vibe. But that's part of the fun. Service is actually great, the room itself is stunning and the food is wonderful. We had octopus and a selection of crudo to start, the bronzino for an entree and a bottle of the rose champagne. Great people watching, great fun! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Did not get opentable pointsVIPreviewerVIPDined on 6/9/2014My reservation was listed as no show, even though I checked in with the maître de stating it is an opentable reservation. The place was dead: a few old fogies like myself reminiscing the old hip days. The food is mediocre. Then the music got loud and we had to yell as we were in the 'hood. Very low class. Not bring respectable company there.
- leavemyfoodVIPDined on 6/6/2014I had meaning to go there for a while and I finally did with two friends, one of them was running late so we were asked to wait in this weird hotel lobby which was great but it felt like you were send to the corner by your teacher. After my friend showed up we were told that we will have to leave by 9 since we were running late...umm okay. The restaurant is beautiful,everything about it is mesmerizing. The appetizers were great but the main entree wasn't the best. I think its one of those place you go to once for the experience and that's it.Special Features:
- Great Food & Ambiance, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Food was excellent, but out server left us asking everyone we could get to the table for the opportunity to order our food and even beverages. His service timing was noticeable off. Fortunately, we loved the food, and we enjoyed one another's company as this was a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pancake LoversDebsdiningDined on 5/31/2014In a few simple words...the lemon ricotta pancakes are to die for!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eeknessVIPDined on 5/23/2014A very pretty restaurant. The lunch menu is limited but adequate. My only complaint is finding it. It's attached to the Mondrian Hotel, and it would have been helpful to mention that in the directions. We walked all the way around only to be told that the actual entrance was on another block. Weird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightMsTS14VIPDined on 5/18/2014Good- stunning restaurant, great interior design. Everyone liked the food. Fun atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar reviews archive.
- Gorgeousajb219VIPDined on 5/18/2014We went for brunch and this is just the cutest spot. I got the ricotta pancakes and they were so light and fluffy, I'd be back just for those but the ambiance in the space is worth the trip even if the food had been awful, and it wasn't.Special Features: