Isola on Columbus
994 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Isola on Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2126652970
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
A word from Isola on Columbus
Isola on Columbus serves pizzas, pastas, and classic Italian entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isola on Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Newcomer in a changing neighborhoodJewelVIPDined on 9/6/2014Isola is, I overheard another customer say, owned by Bettola, in the 80s. This is a great new place to have a good Italian meal at a reasonable price. The wait staff seems a little unsure of themselves, but everyone is friendly.Special Features:
- Relaxed local ItalianRinNYCVIPDined on 8/16/2014The ambience is a big plus: hinged front windows were thrown wide open, so the cool evening air circulated through the pleasant dining area. The Bronzino and snapper were excellent. The ciarcoffa alla Judea, not so great. The servers were helpful, but never intrusive. This will be our neighborhood Italian choice for the future.Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the Isola on Columbus reviews archive.
- Upper West Side GemPastorBruceDined on 6/20/2014Isola on Columbus gives the neighborhood a feeling of being in some of the more "foodie" neighborhoods in Manhattan. The outdoor dining is the best -- though the traffic noise can be loud at times. The food is prepared with great passion and the flavors take one back to the source! Best part -- PRICING is unbelievable for the UWS! You won't go wrong at Isola on Columbus!Special Features:
- Great Italian on ColumbusPastorBruceDined on 6/7/2014This "new to us" place on the UWS is wonderful -- we've walked by it several times, but just this week decided to give it a try...the Prosciutto Pizza ws perhaps the best I've had in Manhattan...the pasta/vodka sauce was above grade for the price paid...all items are wonderful and fairly priced...Special Features:
- Quality MealPaulDined on 5/31/2014Met friends there for an early dinner before going to the Cathedral of St. John for a concert on Saturday evening. Restaurant has huge windows on the front that food away to the wall, so even if you're seated inside, you have the openness and fresh air of outdoor dining. My spouse and I both ordered fish...well prepared and nice presentation. Our friends both ordered lasagna and said it was excellent. Would return again if I was dining in the area.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014A friend from the area (upper upper west side) recommended this place, so we tried it for the first time and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was great and the ambiance and service were both comfortable and easy. We'd definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza, same old pastasUWSfamDined on 5/11/2014The title really sums it ip. The pizza was delicious, but the pasta was very generic italian restaurant. Owners seemed lovely and it is a nice addition to what was once a very desolate area of northern Columbus Ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute mother's Day BrunchkatimjoDined on 5/11/2014The food was great and but the service was lacking. We were really happy with the leisurely pace. Didn't think we would find a good last minute Mother's Day brunch. But this was really a surprisingly good find. Will definitely go back but wish they could figure out their serving issues. They really blew a couple of things. I thought perhaps it was a language thing but I was not really clear why only half the coffee came or food was misserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a bartenderShellVIPDined on 4/1/2014My husband and I ordered two pizzas that were fantastic! Crispy, thin crusts, fresh toppings, perfect size for one. The fried artichoke heart appetizer was decent. I'd order it again but not before trying other things. Although there was a full bar, they could not make drinks since there was "no bartender on duty". It was a tuesday night so i suppose thats reasonable but if they expect to draw people in I would think that making a simple Manhattan or any other cocktail would be necessary. I'm willing to try again though I'm not sure about whether my husband is willing to give them another shot...
- Awesome experienceWesleyVIPDined on 2/9/2014The staff here were the best. The food was really good as well.Special Features: