Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/restaurants/islands-dining-room
- Phone: 4075033463
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast daily: 7:00am – 11:00 am
Weekend breakfast buffet: 7:00 am - Noon
Dinner Daily: 5:00 – 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Nando Belmonte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate your next occasion tropical-style at Islands Dining Room. Delicious Polynesian cuisine and beautiful ambiance and room for up to 50 guests combine to make your event truly special. Special pre-fixe, three-course menus are available for groups of 15 or more. If anyone in your group has special dietary requests, such as gluten-free, vegetarian or specific food allergies, our chefs will be happy to accommodate them. Fixed menu prices do not include beverage, tax or gratuity. Non-alcoholic drinks, full bar service and a wine list are available, and we encourage large parties to pre-order wine selections.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis Perez 4075033410
- Entertainment: On Friday evenings from 6:45pm-9:15pm, the whole family can enjoy a hula dancer and a ukulele player. A special dining room just for kids featuring kiddie-size tables and chairs, flat screen TV playing cartoons, a Bali-style play area & Fisher Price toys!
- Special Events: Join us Every Friday and Saturday from 5:00 - 9:00 pm for our
"WOK EXPERIENCE" stir fry station, where you can choose from a selection of fresh vegetables, rice, noodles, sauces and your choice of shrimp, chicken or beef to create your very own, deliciously unique, Asian-style dish.
Children: $14 (ages 12 & under)
Prices include side salad
A word from Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
Islands features modern, Pan Asian cuisine with a twist. Rooted in the time-honored traditions of Asian masters, the cuisine represents an inspired journey and blending of flavors using local ingredients. Enjoy savory chef-inspired creations featuring noodle bar dishes, rice bowls, and wok specialties. Signature dishes include the Wasabi Pea Crusted Atlantic Salmon and Yakisoba Stir Fry Noodles. At breakfast, join us for traditional favorites, along with several Polynesian-influenced morning specialties. Our contemporary dining space includes a family friendly Bali-style children's play area, along with entertainment and character dining on select nights. Our signature Islands private dining room can accommodate up to 50 people. Contact us for your next special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (3)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Not good for a resort restaurantWV84Dined on 7/3/2014Food was not very good. I was very disappointed. Food was slightly warm. The evening buffet selection was not very good. The kids did enjoy the kids buffet.
- A treat for the whole familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014We had a very nice experience at this restaurant while on vacation. Myself, my wife and our two daughters (10 & 7) all enjoyed having dinner there. My wife and I both had the walnut shrimp and the kids had grilled cheese. Our shrimp was outstanding, although I would have liked to have gotten a vegetable side with the meal. We also loved the pretzel sticks we ordered as an appetizer. The girls were thrilled when on of the Minions from the park showed up to visit our table and take pictures. Our server was also very nice and professional. Overall, it was one of the best meals we had on our trip. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the ribeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014I really enjoyed the ribeye steak. It was probably the thickest I've ever had at a restaurant, but tender. Decent beer list, fast serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ChampagneMeloDined on 5/11/2014I have never paid over 30 bucks for a brunch that did not include champagne!!! For 54 bucks a person, one drink would have been nice! Service was eh, food was good and my family tried to make up for the lack of alcohol by eating more seafood. Oh did I mention 1 mimosa was 10 dollars!!!! Will never do this brunch again!Special Features:
- Great Easter BrunchrOcKeRDined on 4/20/2014Great variety...something for everyone...adults to children.Special Features:
- Good selection of foodsyummytummyDined on 4/20/2014The food was good, the entertainment was great! Brunch was very pricey, the mimosas should have been included in the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchShopGirlDined on 4/20/2014I don't think there was a single person that left Easter Brunch at the Islands Dining Room thinking that there wasn't enough choices. It was amazing. The waffles were absolutely delicious. We had a group of four and everyone pretty much sampled something different. The desserts were all mini versions which was perfect because then you "can" try a little of everything. Hands down our favorite were the strawberry shortcake in the mini cup and the apple pie. Having the Easter Bunny and characters float around the room was a bonus.Special Features:
- Nice Character Dining ExperienceThuSenseDined on 4/14/2014We had dinner here during our Universal Orlando Resorts vacation. Food was good, desserts even better. Our family of 5, including 4 kids, was visited by Simpsons and Despicable Me characters (we scheduled during a Character Dining time). It was a vastly better experience than the Character Breakfast we had inside the Universal Studios park, where we had to wait a long time even though we had reservations and the food was awful. I would recommend Islands Dining Room to other families looking for a relaxed family dining experience and good food.Special Features:
- We thought it was above andVegandinersDined on 3/31/2014We thought it was above and beyond how the chef came out and catered to our dietary needs. He even tweaked an item from the kids menu to suit our daughters fancy. Thank you for helping us to continue to eat our plant based diet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceMiamiFamilyDined on 3/29/2014The service from our waitress was horrible . It was our first time there and she did not take the time to explain anything on the menu. 2 of the appetizers that we ordered we had to send back because they were really bad . The only ok was the stir fry which they say is unlimited but 1 bowl is enough! If you plan to eat here think twice!
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Good food--fresh tasting Ahi Tuna. Good service. We booked the character dinner (which is free) and were disappointed that there were only two characters--Woody Woodpecker and Scooby. We wished they would have provided more information in advance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort reviews archive.
- had breakfast and dinner there.kaliekDined on 3/15/2014had breakfast and dinner there. my server for breakfast was outstanding. dinner server wasn't so great, he hardly paid attention to us and very infrequent visits and they were very slow that night. Food is okay, but over priced for the quality. atmosphere was nice and relaxing.
- for tourists onlyJadDenmarkDined on 3/8/2014It was my mistake to think that a restaurant in a resort would have an intimate, quiet atmosphere and an exceptional menu. In our reservation notes I stated our celebration of a special occasion. The Hostess upon seating us next to the "bus station" (where the dirty dishes are dumped and water pitchers are kept) gave us well wishes on the special occasion, not realizing the juxtaposition of this location with her words - there were numerous tables available. The menu was not quite what was posted on Open Table and that was disappointing as well. We will not be back. On the "Noise Level", there is not an option for a disapproving noise level which is what we found.
- Yes, it's a resort hotel,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2014Yes, it's a resort hotel, and yes, the prices are a bit high. But the service was excellent and the food was very very good. We ate with two kids during a vacation to Universal Studios, and this a wonderful respite from the constant noise at the parks and the Hard Rock Hotel. Loved the menu. The homemade breadsticks and the lemongrass marinated thai lettuce wraps were delicious! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family funFuninFLDined on 2/17/2014We had a good meal and an enjoyable character greeting with Homer and Bart Simpson. We would go again during a future trip to Universal. The only negative is that my meal came with rice and when it was delivered, it wasn't on the plate. Luckily, the waitress noticed the problem when she checked on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a surprisefrogspottersDined on 2/14/2014we live in the area and found this restaurant on valentines day. we were impressed and will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for New Year's Eve. DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Went for New Year's Eve. Dinner was Buffet. Food was very mediocre. Perhaps food is better quality when ordering from the menu for a regular dinner. Buffet food is always a little sub par, but I was still hoping for better than it was on New Years Eve. The party upstairs was fun so the evening was still a success.
- Great place to eat!LinzDined on 12/25/2013The food was superb. The atmosphere was gorgeous.. Loved the Stir- Fry Station. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Brunch was the best giftOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The Christmas Day brunch was outstanding, the food was beyond words, activities for the children, and the service we received was the best we have ever encountered. It WILL become a holiday tradition for our family for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFreyaDined on 11/29/2013Had dinner at Islands, food was ok not very kid friendly.Special Features:
- Great Polynesian Island FoodfoodtodieforDined on 11/26/2013If you like Polynesian Food, then the Island Dining Room Restaurant at the Lowe's Polynesian Resort is for you. We had a wonderful dining experience with outstanding food. Our waiter was very attentive and checked on us often. We really enjoyed the chicken lomein stir fry. The sauce was very tasty with just the right amount of savor. We also were able to enjoy dessert. My son had the brownie sundae and I was very surprise at how cute the chocolate coconut crunch pyramid was. Very clever. It was a small bite, but it hit the spot perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- God Food, Slow ServiceJimmyDined on 11/15/2013Food is good once you get it but the service was slow all three days. One dinner and two breakfasts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodNikkiDined on 10/23/2013Since we were staying at the Pacific Royal Hotel, we thought we tried the Island Restaurant. Although a bit expensive, we were not disappointed. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Characters were great .KidspaladinDined on 7/24/2013Characters were great .Kids loved them. Curry very below average in flavor. Beef very tough. Flavors not vibrant. Plates piled up on table. $100 meal for my wife ,2 kids and myself and felt like should have gone somewhere else.Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatCDS10Dined on 6/29/2013Some kids were running around wild. I would expect the restaurant to ask the neglectful parents to prevent it. We had the wok night dinner. I'm thinking their regular meals are superior based on my daughter ordering of the menu. It's worth a try but I wouldn't rush back to eat there again. Biggest concern was alerting the waiter of my allergies to peppers. After a discussion about it we were served the lettuce wraps which contain peppers ( not stated in the menu). He did bring out more without peppers, to his credit, but then I had to ask three times to get lettuce.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013First time eating at Islands Dining Room. It was a very relaxed feel and the staff was very gracious, attentive and genuine. There were so many food stations to choose from - stir fry, sushi, omelet/waffle bar, fresh fish, pastas, kids choices and beautiful bite size desserts. The Polynesian dancers and gentleman playing the ukulele really added to the ambiance. And the kids enjoyed face painting and a balloon artist. Our servers were on top of things and so very kind. Overall it was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was wonderful, perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013The food was wonderful, perfectly prepared and the service was attentive but not overbearing. Overall a delightful evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Not at all worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013Arrived for what we thought was a special evening on Easter Sunday that ended up being a bad buffet with room temperature food. Quality of the meal was not at all what one would expect for the per person price. Some dishes appeared to be leftover from the hotel-sponsored Luau from the night before. The cost for the buffet was out of sight - around 3 times what I would expect to pay. There is honestly better quality and food selection at a Ponderosa or Golden Corral, and that's not exactly what I had in mind for an upscale holiday meal at a moderately high scale resort hotel. The most disappointing restaurant experience I have had in years. The server kept the soft drinks full and the table clear, but that was the only bright spot.
- Way overpriced!MsLindzyDined on 3/31/2013This was our second year in a row to visit for Easter Sunday Brunch. Would never go back again. We only come here for special occasions and it seems like they raised the pricing from the year before. Mimosas were NOT included this year which seemed strange since every other brunch place in Orlando includes them and I recall them being included in years past. Food is good but unless you can eat $60 worth of food I wouldn't go. Mimosas were $9.25 EACH for such a tiny glass. I was a little price shocked when the bill came. Just didn't live up to my expectations for such a nice resort.Special Features:
- Disappointing for kids and adultsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013It was disappointing because they describe it is a "character" dinner but that really is only 2 character walking through..the buffet was pitiful.
- I ordered Dewars I got JohnnyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013I ordered Dewars I got Johnny Walker The waiter claimed it was a Dewars but took it baack nd gave me Dewars This has happened before at other places in Fla It happened again at Emerils the next night There the waiter admitted that they had no Dewars. Strange but true I’ve been a scotch drinker for 50 years We did appreciate the gesture and the free desert which was very thoughtful.Special Features:
- Service Great Except for One IssueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/20133 out of 4 family members ordered the Wok Experience. My daughter is not a big eater so she ordered from the children's menu (chicken fingers and fries) which she only ate a couple of bites. The Wok Experience was okay. It's nothing great and was moderately priced. There were only a few patrons in the restaurant so it was nice that the order station was not busy. We had a chance to speak to the Wok chef and he was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Although our server was quite attentive, my daughter's meal took a long time to arrive. The server was quite apologetic but we ended up waiting for my daughter to finish because we had already finished our meals. She was also quite hungry but didn't eat much of her meal but liked the mini ketchup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2013Beautiful restaurant. Special dining area for kids. Yakisoba was fair. Assuming other menu selections are better I would recommend.Special Features:
- We'll definitely be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We live down the street and used to bring our young son to Royal Pacific's Islands Dining Room (with characters) for Easter, Thanksgiving, etc.. Now as empty-nesters, we still truly appreciate the dining experience there. (Went there for Valentines Day dinner.) The food was outstanding, with great service.Special Features:
- The was below average. ItMikeVIPDined on 2/8/2013The was below average. It took a very long time to be served considering that the restaurant was very empty. Drinks were also below average. Ordered a pasta dish and the pasta was overcooked and not very fresh. I had to ask for a replacement. I ordered a ribeye and it was ok but not great. Drinks were over priced at $15,00 each. The only good dish that really had was the appetizer. It was a Tuna tartare. Recommend it if you go there. Also, be careful if you are not staying at the hotel and you are using the valet service. Make sure that you validate your ticket or you will pay $35.00 for the valet parking. You can self park your car and walk about two to three blocks. There is a lot more much better places in Orlando to eat.Special Features:
- Friendly, accommodating staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2013Friendly, accommodating staff! Very good food for both breakfast and dinner.
- I was sort of underwhelmedcwalkVIPDined on 1/5/2013I was sort of underwhelmed by my dinner. I chose the "Wok dinner" special. The cuts of chicken & beef were terrible and I was almost afraid to eat them. Not sure why you they were adding pre-cooked sandwich type meat to a wok stir fry? I took a few bites of this and completely lost my appetite.Special Features:
- Online pictures do not doOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Online pictures do not do this restaurant justice, being at the restaurant was far better than pictures presented. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Awesome PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/2/2013Our waiter, Chris was remarkable! He was professional yet personable. We asked for recommendations and we were pleased with all his suggestions. He was always attentive to our table and although it was busy, we never felt rushed. Andrew, the manager was also wonderful. We had a nice conversation about our reservation experience. He was also very professional and spent time with us and listened to our experience. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Only complaint was we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012Only complaint was we were told Scooby doo would be there mon night and he wasn't.Special Features: