Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/restaurants/islands-dining-room
- Phone: (407) 503-3463
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast daily: 7:00am – 11:00 am
Weekend breakfast buffet: 7:00 am - Noon
Dinner Daily: 5:00 – 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Nando Belmonte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate your next occasion tropical-style at Islands Dining Room. Delicious Polynesian cuisine and beautiful ambiance and room for up to 50 guests combine to make your event truly special. Special pre-fixe, three-course menus are available for groups of 15 or more. If anyone in your group has special dietary requests, such as gluten-free, vegetarian or specific food allergies, our chefs will be happy to accommodate them. Fixed menu prices do not include beverage, tax or gratuity. Non-alcoholic drinks, full bar service and a wine list are available, and we encourage large parties to pre-order wine selections.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis Perez 4075033410
- Entertainment: On Friday evenings from 6:45pm-9:15pm, the whole family can enjoy a hula dancer and a ukulele player. A special dining room just for kids featuring kiddie-size tables and chairs, flat screen TV playing cartoons, a Bali-style play area & Fisher Price toys!
- Special Events: Join us Every Friday and Saturday from 5:00 - 9:00 pm for our
"WOK EXPERIENCE" stir fry station, where you can choose from a selection of fresh vegetables, rice, noodles, sauces and your choice of shrimp, chicken or beef to create your very own, deliciously unique, Asian-style dish.
Children: $14 (ages 12 & under)
Prices include side salad
A word from Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
Islands features modern, Pan Asian cuisine with a twist. Rooted in the time-honored traditions of Asian masters, the cuisine represents an inspired journey and blending of flavors using local ingredients. Enjoy savory chef-inspired creations featuring noodle bar dishes, rice bowls, and wok specialties. Signature dishes include the Wasabi Pea Crusted Atlantic Salmon and Yakisoba Stir Fry Noodles. At breakfast, join us for traditional favorites, along with several Polynesian-influenced morning specialties. Our contemporary dining space includes a family friendly Bali-style children's play area, along with entertainment and character dining on select nights. Our signature Islands private dining room can accommodate up to 50 people. Contact us for your next special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great meal & character interactionMolonLabe1776Dined on 10/13/2014Staying at the Royal Pacific for 4 nights, it was a convenient option for a meal on evening and with the character night we decided to try it out. We were greeted by a friendly staff and promptly seated. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and suggested we check out the Stir Fry table which we ultimately decided upon. The young lady (Dyanna I believe) working the wok station was very friendly and patient with my younger daughters and did an excellent job on each of preparations. Character interactions (Homer and Bart Simpson) were great and my girls really enjoyed that. We will definitely visit the Islands restaurant again when we return to Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre foodslfrreberghDined on 10/9/2014Lots of children and Universal studios characters, was not expecting.Special Features:
- An afterthought by Loews Managment?NicolaDined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit in 6 months. The restaurant had the vibe of an "afterthought". I have the feeling that the notion of "well, we have this big space, it's a bit dated but better operating it on bare bones than closing it".The menu seemed to have been scaled down since my last visit in February. The concept of having a cook prepare the food in front of you with a wok is great and the food is delicious. The set up however is not permanent. They use banquet tables to stage the woks and some shelving for the selection of vegetables. Therefore, there is no ventilation above this setup. Since this is a day to day part of this restaurant, it would be nice to see it done right with a nice built-in station. Water was overchlorinated.Special Features:
- Disappointing OverallcknyDined on 9/25/2014It was billed as a character dining experience and two cartoon characters showed up for about 5 minutes when we first got there. The food was mediocre and the service was poor. It took too long to get drinks and refills. We were never offered the coffee and dessert that came with the "family style" meal we ordered and our waitress dropped the check before we could even ask about coffee.
- MtronDined on 9/12/2014Food was only okay and the cocktails all almost undrinkable.
- Great food at a reasonable priceJOHNVIPDined on 8/27/2014Service and food were better than i expected being near the pool.Quick and professional service with diner comfort in mind.Special Features:
- Not GreatHappy1211VIPDined on 8/23/2014Islands has the advantage of being in the Loew's Royal Pacific Hotel. The advantages ends there. The food is average at best. Although the menu states that 2 can dine for $38, we were charged $40 - no explanation offered except that the menu was "confusing" . The atmosphere would not remind me of Hawaii or any other island that I have visited. The decor is substandard, tired and wanting. The restaurant was quiet because it had so few customers. Less than 5 minutes after eating in the restaurant, my wife threw up the entire meal ruining our evening. We will never return to this restaurant. The nearby amusement parks had better food.
- Wonderful last minute dinnerHungrygalDined on 7/29/2014I was looking for a dinner spot that was reasonably priced, and not fast food. I came upon this since I was in the Universal Area. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious! They had a wok night, where you create your own stir fry and the chef cooks it right in front of you. They gave you generous portions and the food tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Islands Dining Room at Loews Royal Pacific Resort reviews archive.
- Not good for a resort restaurantWV84Dined on 7/3/2014Food was not very good. I was very disappointed. Food was slightly warm. The evening buffet selection was not very good. The kids did enjoy the kids buffet.
- A treat for the whole familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014We had a very nice experience at this restaurant while on vacation. Myself, my wife and our two daughters (10 & 7) all enjoyed having dinner there. My wife and I both had the walnut shrimp and the kids had grilled cheese. Our shrimp was outstanding, although I would have liked to have gotten a vegetable side with the meal. We also loved the pretzel sticks we ordered as an appetizer. The girls were thrilled when on of the Minions from the park showed up to visit our table and take pictures. Our server was also very nice and professional. Overall, it was one of the best meals we had on our trip. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the ribeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014I really enjoyed the ribeye steak. It was probably the thickest I've ever had at a restaurant, but tender. Decent beer list, fast serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ChampagneMeloDined on 5/11/2014I have never paid over 30 bucks for a brunch that did not include champagne!!! For 54 bucks a person, one drink would have been nice! Service was eh, food was good and my family tried to make up for the lack of alcohol by eating more seafood. Oh did I mention 1 mimosa was 10 dollars!!!! Will never do this brunch again!Special Features:
- Great Easter BrunchrOcKeRDined on 4/20/2014Great variety...something for everyone...adults to children.Special Features:
- Good selection of foodsyummytummyDined on 4/20/2014The food was good, the entertainment was great! Brunch was very pricey, the mimosas should have been included in the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchShopGirlDined on 4/20/2014I don't think there was a single person that left Easter Brunch at the Islands Dining Room thinking that there wasn't enough choices. It was amazing. The waffles were absolutely delicious. We had a group of four and everyone pretty much sampled something different. The desserts were all mini versions which was perfect because then you "can" try a little of everything. Hands down our favorite were the strawberry shortcake in the mini cup and the apple pie. Having the Easter Bunny and characters float around the room was a bonus.Special Features:
- Nice Character Dining ExperienceThuSenseDined on 4/14/2014We had dinner here during our Universal Orlando Resorts vacation. Food was good, desserts even better. Our family of 5, including 4 kids, was visited by Simpsons and Despicable Me characters (we scheduled during a Character Dining time). It was a vastly better experience than the Character Breakfast we had inside the Universal Studios park, where we had to wait a long time even though we had reservations and the food was awful. I would recommend Islands Dining Room to other families looking for a relaxed family dining experience and good food.Special Features:
- We thought it was above andVegandinersDined on 3/31/2014We thought it was above and beyond how the chef came out and catered to our dietary needs. He even tweaked an item from the kids menu to suit our daughters fancy. Thank you for helping us to continue to eat our plant based diet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceMiamiFamilyDined on 3/29/2014The service from our waitress was horrible . It was our first time there and she did not take the time to explain anything on the menu. 2 of the appetizers that we ordered we had to send back because they were really bad . The only ok was the stir fry which they say is unlimited but 1 bowl is enough! If you plan to eat here think twice!
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Good food--fresh tasting Ahi Tuna. Good service. We booked the character dinner (which is free) and were disappointed that there were only two characters--Woody Woodpecker and Scooby. We wished they would have provided more information in advance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- had breakfast and dinner there.kaliekDined on 3/15/2014had breakfast and dinner there. my server for breakfast was outstanding. dinner server wasn't so great, he hardly paid attention to us and very infrequent visits and they were very slow that night. Food is okay, but over priced for the quality. atmosphere was nice and relaxing.
- for tourists onlyJadDenmarkDined on 3/8/2014It was my mistake to think that a restaurant in a resort would have an intimate, quiet atmosphere and an exceptional menu. In our reservation notes I stated our celebration of a special occasion. The Hostess upon seating us next to the "bus station" (where the dirty dishes are dumped and water pitchers are kept) gave us well wishes on the special occasion, not realizing the juxtaposition of this location with her words - there were numerous tables available. The menu was not quite what was posted on Open Table and that was disappointing as well. We will not be back. On the "Noise Level", there is not an option for a disapproving noise level which is what we found.
- Yes, it's a resort hotel,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2014Yes, it's a resort hotel, and yes, the prices are a bit high. But the service was excellent and the food was very very good. We ate with two kids during a vacation to Universal Studios, and this a wonderful respite from the constant noise at the parks and the Hard Rock Hotel. Loved the menu. The homemade breadsticks and the lemongrass marinated thai lettuce wraps were delicious! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family funFuninFLDined on 2/17/2014We had a good meal and an enjoyable character greeting with Homer and Bart Simpson. We would go again during a future trip to Universal. The only negative is that my meal came with rice and when it was delivered, it wasn't on the plate. Luckily, the waitress noticed the problem when she checked on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a surprisefrogspottersDined on 2/14/2014we live in the area and found this restaurant on valentines day. we were impressed and will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for New Year's Eve. DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Went for New Year's Eve. Dinner was Buffet. Food was very mediocre. Perhaps food is better quality when ordering from the menu for a regular dinner. Buffet food is always a little sub par, but I was still hoping for better than it was on New Years Eve. The party upstairs was fun so the evening was still a success.
- Great place to eat!LinzDined on 12/25/2013The food was superb. The atmosphere was gorgeous.. Loved the Stir- Fry Station. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Brunch was the best giftOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The Christmas Day brunch was outstanding, the food was beyond words, activities for the children, and the service we received was the best we have ever encountered. It WILL become a holiday tradition for our family for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFreyaDined on 11/29/2013Had dinner at Islands, food was ok not very kid friendly.Special Features:
- Great Polynesian Island FoodfoodtodieforDined on 11/26/2013If you like Polynesian Food, then the Island Dining Room Restaurant at the Lowe's Polynesian Resort is for you. We had a wonderful dining experience with outstanding food. Our waiter was very attentive and checked on us often. We really enjoyed the chicken lomein stir fry. The sauce was very tasty with just the right amount of savor. We also were able to enjoy dessert. My son had the brownie sundae and I was very surprise at how cute the chocolate coconut crunch pyramid was. Very clever. It was a small bite, but it hit the spot perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- God Food, Slow ServiceJimmyDined on 11/15/2013Food is good once you get it but the service was slow all three days. One dinner and two breakfasts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodNikkiDined on 10/23/2013Since we were staying at the Pacific Royal Hotel, we thought we tried the Island Restaurant. Although a bit expensive, we were not disappointed. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Characters were great .KidspaladinDined on 7/24/2013Characters were great .Kids loved them. Curry very below average in flavor. Beef very tough. Flavors not vibrant. Plates piled up on table. $100 meal for my wife ,2 kids and myself and felt like should have gone somewhere else.Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatCDS10VIPDined on 6/29/2013Some kids were running around wild. I would expect the restaurant to ask the neglectful parents to prevent it. We had the wok night dinner. I'm thinking their regular meals are superior based on my daughter ordering of the menu. It's worth a try but I wouldn't rush back to eat there again. Biggest concern was alerting the waiter of my allergies to peppers. After a discussion about it we were served the lettuce wraps which contain peppers ( not stated in the menu). He did bring out more without peppers, to his credit, but then I had to ask three times to get lettuce.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013First time eating at Islands Dining Room. It was a very relaxed feel and the staff was very gracious, attentive and genuine. There were so many food stations to choose from - stir fry, sushi, omelet/waffle bar, fresh fish, pastas, kids choices and beautiful bite size desserts. The Polynesian dancers and gentleman playing the ukulele really added to the ambiance. And the kids enjoyed face painting and a balloon artist. Our servers were on top of things and so very kind. Overall it was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was wonderful, perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013The food was wonderful, perfectly prepared and the service was attentive but not overbearing. Overall a delightful evening. We will be back!Special Features:
- Not at all worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013Arrived for what we thought was a special evening on Easter Sunday that ended up being a bad buffet with room temperature food. Quality of the meal was not at all what one would expect for the per person price. Some dishes appeared to be leftover from the hotel-sponsored Luau from the night before. The cost for the buffet was out of sight - around 3 times what I would expect to pay. There is honestly better quality and food selection at a Ponderosa or Golden Corral, and that's not exactly what I had in mind for an upscale holiday meal at a moderately high scale resort hotel. The most disappointing restaurant experience I have had in years. The server kept the soft drinks full and the table clear, but that was the only bright spot.
- Way overpriced!MsLindzyDined on 3/31/2013This was our second year in a row to visit for Easter Sunday Brunch. Would never go back again. We only come here for special occasions and it seems like they raised the pricing from the year before. Mimosas were NOT included this year which seemed strange since every other brunch place in Orlando includes them and I recall them being included in years past. Food is good but unless you can eat $60 worth of food I wouldn't go. Mimosas were $9.25 EACH for such a tiny glass. I was a little price shocked when the bill came. Just didn't live up to my expectations for such a nice resort.Special Features:
- Disappointing for kids and adultsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013It was disappointing because they describe it is a "character" dinner but that really is only 2 character walking through..the buffet was pitiful.
- I ordered Dewars I got JohnnyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013I ordered Dewars I got Johnny Walker The waiter claimed it was a Dewars but took it baack nd gave me Dewars This has happened before at other places in Fla It happened again at Emerils the next night There the waiter admitted that they had no Dewars. Strange but true I’ve been a scotch drinker for 50 years We did appreciate the gesture and the free desert which was very thoughtful.Special Features:
- Service Great Except for One IssuelovedisneyDined on 3/2/20133 out of 4 family members ordered the Wok Experience. My daughter is not a big eater so she ordered from the children's menu (chicken fingers and fries) which she only ate a couple of bites. The Wok Experience was okay. It's nothing great and was moderately priced. There were only a few patrons in the restaurant so it was nice that the order station was not busy. We had a chance to speak to the Wok chef and he was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Although our server was quite attentive, my daughter's meal took a long time to arrive. The server was quite apologetic but we ended up waiting for my daughter to finish because we had already finished our meals. She was also quite hungry but didn't eat much of her meal but liked the mini ketchup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.