359 Columbus Ave at 77th Street
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.isabellas.com/
- Phone: (212) 724-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For large groups, semi-private dining and restaurant buyouts, contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: 77th Street
- Public Transit: A, B, C & D trains to 80th Street/Central Park West, and 1 train to 79th Street. M10 bus on Columbus Ave and 77th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking and public lots available. Closest public lot is between Amsterdam and Broadway on 77th Street.
A word from Isabella's
A faithful neighborhood favorite, Isabella’s has been an Upper West Side institution for over two decades, a hit with locals and celebrities alike. Isabella’s defines Upper West Side dining with reliable market-fresh offerings for the Mediterranean palate. From birthdays to celebratory brunches, many a memories have been made at Isabella’s and continue unfolding at this “oasis for an unrushed, delicious meal,” according to Zagat. When the weather’s pleasant, grab a sidewalk seat in the café for a classic New York Brunch filled with people-watching, benedicts and Bloody Marys. Indulge your sweet tooth in a Chocolate Bag, a dessert staple that’s been on the menu since opening day!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isabella's reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (140)great for outdoor dining (114)fit for foodies (76)great for lunch (72)great for brunch (71)special occasion (61)good for groups (52)romantic (45)kid-friendly (34)hot spot (34)late-night find (19)notable wine list (14)scenic view (12)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Great for dinner!JsizzleDined on 11/22/2014Nice restaurant with reasonable prices and delicious food. My wife and I got 2 entrees and a dessert, and all were excellent. Food came out very quickly too. Restaurant is not too fancy/flashy on the inside (which I prefer), but is definitely still a nice place to bring family/friends or a date. Menu could use a few more options on it, but other than that there wasn't much I didn't enjoy about eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutofTownerVIPDined on 11/21/2014Very nice after theatre dinner spot in a wonderful location on the upper west side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh well, another birthday bites the dust, but...BreadeaterDined on 11/20/2014As always, the food and service at Isabellas was great (our waitress, Rachel, was patient, helpful and sweet). However, they knew it was my birthday (they even mentioned it when i walked in) but then did absolutely nothing at all to acknowledge it. Kind of disappointing as I chose to celebrate my birthday there. (Actually, this happened once before when I went there with a friend...) Oh well, another birthday bites the dust. Next year I'll let someone else choose the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed our brunch!DoloresDined on 11/19/2014Brunch with a long time friend was awesome. Great atmosphere, great friend and a competent and delightful waiter, Henry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!LuvtheaterDined on 11/19/2014Husband and I each had the butternut squash bisque. The best we've ever slurped! It's a must, so hurry there as I'm sure it's seasonal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isabella's Is CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2014Four of us went to Isabella's before a show at the Beacon, we had to push our reservation back by an hour at the last minute due to horrible traffic. The staff was so nice about it, didn't make a fuss and our table was ready right when we arrived. We all ordered different things, the salmon, a filet mignon, two different pasta dishes, one was a special pumpkin ravioli and they were all very good. We had a taste of the filet and it was outstanding! The hummus spread that came with the bread was very tasty and Mario our waiter did a wonderful job of keeping us in drinks and water. I would go back to Isabella's in a heartbeat and will the next time we go to the Beacon or the Museum of Natural HIstory which is right across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealSusanVIPDined on 11/14/2014We all had different salads and loved them - cobb, seafood. Good homemade dressings and everything was fresh. But the thing that knocked us out was the chocolate bag - dark chocolate hard shell with raspberry mousse, whipped cream and some fresh berries. The combo was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 11/13/2014Isabella's is a great neighborhood restaurant. Very relaxed atmosphere with good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Serving Fine FoodNikki10023VIPDined on 11/12/2014I have enjoyed eaing at Isabella's for countless years. It is a lovely room - spacious , airy and one feels happy just being there. The Maitre D' was most understanding when I kept advancing the hour of our arrival as my friend's train was delayed. We chose really well - our dinners were excellent from beginning to end. . We shared a wonderful Proscuitto on flatbread - ample for 2 persons. Then I had the finely prepared Hazelnut encrusted Cod and my companion had the perfect (he said) Filet Mignon. They gladly substituted a vegtable for his potatoes. I had their divine Choclate bag. It is a dark choclate box filled with a marvelous strawberry mousse & topped with whipped cream. Those calories were completely worth it. The meal could not have pleased us more. Service as always was most attentative. As it was quite late when we arrived the earlier crowd had left and happily it was quieter than we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were five people on a WednesdaygshubyDined on 11/11/2014night. The restaurant was not as crowded as usual, so the service was very good. Everyone in my party felt that the food was also very good. I would definenately recommend this restaurant to almost anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food AlwaysdatenightDined on 11/8/2014We love Isabella's, the food is always great. Our server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and fine foodbearleDined on 11/8/2014This is a "treat" restaurant although the prices, while not inexpensive, are also reasonable. My husband's cod and my roast chicken both beautifully presented and the portions were ample. The service was attentive but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- nice place, nice food, nice viewMJewellDined on 11/5/2014this place was excellent. It has a spot overlooking the natural history museum but not right near the entrance and therefore not in proximity of street vendors and crowds of tourists. the food selection is great and the dishes we tried fantastic. Drinks were also good and service top notch. Only downside, no beer on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmoraAmoraDined on 11/1/2014I took my boyfriend to Isabella's for his birthday after visit to the Hayden Planetarium. He is highly allergic to dairy. I was impressed with the waitress who patiently explained the menu and everything she brought to the table. The food she recommended was excellent, the service was very prompt and friendly. They even made a dairy free desert and brought it out with a candle and two glasses of champagne. It was a great experience, with good food and atmosphere. He was truly touched and appreciative.Special Features:
- A little tiredOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Over the years I have loved Isabella's and have gone there often. I was disappointed at my recent visit. The room is looking very tired and needs to be redone. The same can be said of the food. The waiter was curt and not very friendly. I would not return soon.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014I may have ordered the wrong dish. The pasta was so over cooked that I sent it back. The restaurant provided us with a dessert after the check came. Since we hadn't ordered dessert and didn't want it, it was wasted on us. I saw other peoples's food which looked great. The service was a little slow. The staff was friendly.Special Features:
- large group partyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a group of 10. The restaurant was perfect for this. Mark was especially helpful in securing the right table upstairs for us. Everyone loved the table upstairs and the food and service was excellent!Special Features:
- service starOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014My chicken was dried out. Tried, manfully, to plough through it, but finally gave up. Server took it off the bill and got me a complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- Just averageFoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014Food presentation was okay, and fish was fresh, but not a lot of food for the moneySpecial Features:
- great food, service & atmospheresammicatVIPDined on 10/24/2014I come here often, & never had a bad meal. Lately I've been having the chicken skewers and they're always delicious.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemEpicureanRendezvousDined on 10/23/2014it was lovely for our group of eight people, it wsd moderately priced points and decent food, not foodie quality.Special Features:
- A real disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/23/2014What a disappointment. We haven't been here in a long time and it used to be excellent. This was a slow night for the restaurant, yet service was horrible, had to ask for plates to be removed , branzino very dry and bland. Refills on drinks painfully slow with our party of 6. Would not go back.
- Always goodWeezieVIPDined on 10/21/2014A pleasant adult dining experience. Good food and service with the plus of being able to hear your dinner companions.Special Features:
- Isabella's hit the spot!ValDineDevineDined on 10/19/2014After a day at the museum, we (party of 5) walked across the street and were immediately seated. The restaurant was busy and service was slow to start, but picked up quickly. Our server was a new employee; bright, attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. The regular menu had a perfect selection of starters and entrees, it was hard to pick only one. Specials added to the list and we opted for several appetizers and entrees. All were excellent. The specialty drinks were very good. The encrusted cod came with small, perfectly roasted potatoes and fresh steamed string beans in a light lemon cream sauce. All of us were very pleased with our dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good and cozyLovetoeatVIPDined on 10/19/2014first time at Isabellas. It is a very cozy restaurant with excellent service and very friendly. The food was very tasty and innovative. Had the beet salad with goat cheese had a beet puree that was very tasty and great showing. The caesar salad was very good. For dinner had the roasted chicken which was superb. The chicken ajus sauce was very tasty. the other meal was the cavetelli with spicy sausage. just the right amount of sausage and it was so good. will surely go back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience.....TrainDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful way for my wife and I to spend her milestone birthday!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner optionmattie1Dined on 10/17/2014great food, slow service.Will return . Nice locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isabella's is Perfect!diniVIPDined on 10/17/2014The Upper West Side cafe could convince you that you are in Europe. When weather permits, there is no better place to enjoy a glass of wine and a fabulous salad than this! Service is always friendly, and when the weather turns cooler, the indoor space is warm and inviting. It is the perfect place for lunch or a light dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oknycDined on 10/13/2014food on this visit was not up to their usual standards and the deserts were just bad! Service was also quite mediocre even though the restaurant was not even half full. I have had much better experiences in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverDined on 10/12/2014Service was good, food was was even better restaurant traffic was pretty active for a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- Favorite spotChrisDined on 10/11/2014I've never been disappointed by Isabella's and I've been there quite a few times. Food is great, pricing is decent, and the service is pretty good too. The specials that they usually have are fantastic, so definitely check those out. The noise level varies by day but you don't have to scream trying to talk to the person next to you. Very cozy and sometimes, the space feels a bit snug but you can easily forget about that. Check out the review for Isabella's and other restaurants here: http://wondersforthesoul.blogspot.com/2014/10/isabellas-restaurant.htmlSpecial Features:
- SuperbPinettoVIPDined on 10/11/2014Isabella's never disappionts ; on that night Jake was our server and he was particularyl attentive and helpful. PinettoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TMVGoodeatsDined on 10/10/2014Excellent as always-- one of my favorite all time restaurants in NYC-- Everything is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pumpkin Creme BruleeGO2DinnerDined on 10/10/2014After a romantic walk through Central Park it was a short jaunt to the Upper West Side to the restaurant. We were seated right away at a very small corner window table. The table wobbled the entire meal and it felt like it might turn into a bad evening. The waiter was great and the food more than made up for the uncomfortable table. We would go there again some day but next time we will ask for a different table.Special Features:
- sue1dinersue1dinerDined on 10/9/2014We so enjoy this restaurant since as usual, it has very good food, wine, etc. And their service is always very good. Plus their staff are very helpful even telling people what they like best; we even chose what our server suggested and so agreed it was great to chose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time, good timejeunefilleDined on 10/9/2014Had a very nice experience here, and the host staff was very welcoming. When I arrived, Isabella's was just starting to get busy; later, when my friend arrived, it was quite busy. Food, which is Mediterranean-inspired, was excellent. Only difficulty was in getting the server's attention once the restaurant became very busy. Wonderful place for a relaxed and unhurried meal. I plan to go back!Special Features:
- Good Food but Too NoisyJanDVIPDined on 10/7/2014I stopped coming here for several years because of the noise level. This time we came b because of convenience and its still too noisy. A shame because the food is good. I prefer Gazala across the street and up 1 block. The food is good and the ambience better.Special Features:
- New York Stapleakka27VIPDined on 10/7/2014We had a fun time with our waiter who guided us throughout the night...thank you Isabella's and Henry for delicious food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodBowtieDined on 10/7/2014The food was delicious especially the chopped salad and the special Hake dish with butternut squash, spatzle, and other vegetables. Service was perfect. They asked if we were seeing a show and were very mindful of our timing to make it to the show.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotUWS123Dined on 10/7/2014Nice atmosphere, good food, and friendly and welcoming service. When we mentioned that we had to make a concert at a certain time, they were accommodating in every way and made sure the meal progressed in a timely but not rushed way. Dinner was great, and I would definitely go try it for brunch.Special Features: