Isabella's Italian Trattoria
4925 Boonsboro Road
Lynchburg, VA 24503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Isabella's Italian Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.isabellasitalian.com/
- Phone: (434) 385-1660 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Crews
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering to residents throughout Virginia. From small, intimate dinners to large tented events, we can assist with a personalized menu, beverage and bar services, service staff, as well as rental and linen needs. Please see our website for contact information.
A word from Isabella's Italian Trattoria
Isabella's Italian Trattoria is a family-owned neighborhood restaurant serving contemporary northern Italian cuisine in a sophisticated, yet casual setting. Isabella's has formed strong relationships with local farmers to highlight the best ingredients of central Virginia. Isabella's is the perfect choice for a night out with friends, a special date, or a business event. The restaurant offers a variety of dining choices - casual bar dining, patio dining, private dining from groups of 15 to 25, and semi-private dining for groups from 30-40. Isabella's also has a retail wine market on premises offering hand-selected wines from around the globe at very competitive prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Isabella's Italian Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Lynchburg ›
Isabella's Italian Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (15)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (14)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)Show More
- dinnerNealDined on 9/13/2014this was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. It was the beef medallion.
- Great spot!JadeDined on 9/7/2014My mother, sister, and 9 month old nephew all met here for brunch on Sunday. Food was great and the waitress/hostess/everyone was very accommodating and sweet! Our table had the shrimp and grits, the sausage gravy biscuits, and eggs benedict, and there was absolutely no complaints! Food was great! Beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodDasBeastDined on 8/22/2014Best Italian in Lynchburg. The calamari appetizer pleased even my toughest critic...my Italian wife! Fresh pasta, great menu choices. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerlisaDined on 8/22/2014My meal was divine! I enjoyed the walnut-crusted salmon with sauteed spinach and nutella gelato for dessert. I really like the new layout of the dining room as well.Special Features:
- A Special Dinnerrachcc4Dined on 8/22/2014I decided to try the scallops special with squash risotto and it was so wonderful. My husband remarked that I never eat all my meal but I did that night. Just delicious. The wine was perfect and the service very good. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always ReliableTravelDinerDined on 8/21/2014Isabella's is an oasis in a city without a lot of fine dine options. The service is always friendly and laid back, never stuffy. The food is always good, from the soups and salads, to the pastas, to the daily specials. The simple house salad with balsamic vinaigrette is one of my favorites, along with the daily soups. I am also particularly fond of the simple angel hair pasta with tomato basil marinara. No matter where you live in the city, this restaurant is always worth the drive.Special Features:
- Fantastic!acato6570VIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything was great...a really pretty restaurant set away from downtown and college chaos. Prices are fantastic for quality of meal. The menu has many great options. Service was a total win - we were a party of 6 and everything was spot on.Special Features:
- Isabella's is the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Another great lunch at Isabella's! The food & service were excellent, as always!Special Features:
- ServiceBrunchDined on 8/10/2014I had made reservation for one. So we got there 15 minutes early. Was told we had to wait 15 minutes. The place wasn't even busy. But did make reservation for one and I was seated at one. Far as service they are real slow. Food was ok but nothing I would go back for. Sunday brunch is just not my thing. I will try dinner one time before I rule out this place.
- Never a bad experienceprdvaDined on 8/7/2014Our favorite restaurant in Lynchburg. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Good food good drinksLive2EatDined on 8/1/2014Ordered the Risotto balls which is my favorite thing on the menu! Also their peach bellinis are soooo good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!KevMangDined on 8/1/2014Took my wife here for our 1st year anniversary. I'm originally from NYC and my wife is from San Diego, so we like to consider ourselves foodies. When you enter this place, you'd think you were in a fine restaurant in a major city. Great staff and Amazing food! The Bruschetta appetizer was incredible! They also gave us a complimentary dessert of our choice since it was our anniversary! This is our new favorite place in town!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Went there to celebrate a friend's birthday. Great service and great food, as always at Isabella's! We had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Could be betterScottDined on 7/23/2014Isabella's has a great atmosphere BUT the table we were located at was terrible, lighting was hot, bright, we asked to have it toned down several times to no avail. The menu is great and most that we ordered was super but my Lasagna was pretty watery, not a true bolognese in my view. Nevertheless this is a very nice restaurant across all categories if you don't get the table we got.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for dinnerTwigdogDined on 7/18/2014Excellent menu and wine list. Great place to meet up with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreasureLuvfoodDined on 7/18/2014What a wonderful experience at Isabella's. Near perfect dishes, quiet, excellent staff! LOVED it!! Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE Isabella's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014My husband & I want to Isabella's Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. As usual, everything was delicious! The Calamari was superb. The beef tenderloin medallions melted in my mouth, my husbands steak was done just right. The service was fabulous. All in all, a truly wonderful night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014The food and service was excellent. The gluten free pasta was great and so happy they have that option available. The fig salad was amazing, the appetizer meatballs were great. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Isabella's never disappointsRickDined on 6/21/2014We found this restaurant last year when we attended the Lazy Days wine festival, and really enjoyed our first experience. It was just as good for our second time around, and we plan on making this a yearly tradition. Great food, excellent service, and a romantic ambience make this a favorite for us..Special Features:
- Romantic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoy Isabella's for a romantic night out. Also nice for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Our dinner was very good, our waitress helpful and efficient. We were seated near the bar, but did not find the chatter from those folks to be upsetting. As we were leaving a table next to us tried to make a scene over where they were seated and the loudness of the background music. We felt that the music was just right and did not mind being seated close to the bar. We eat at Isabella's only for special occasions so find it a very good restaurant.Special Features:
- So,soNescioDined on 6/15/2014Had brunch there,on the pricey side, but nothing special as far as the cuisine was concerned.Bread was sub-par and fries limp. Pleasant surroundings.Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/11/2014Isabella's Italian Trattoria was the perfect spot in Lynchburg for a dinner that focused on business. The ambiance, seating, service, and food all lent themselves to an evening of easy, flowing, and somewhat-private conversation.
- Meal and spacegroupcaptainDined on 6/10/2014I was with a group of 11 ladies celebrating 2 birthdays at lunch. We were given a private room which was very nice. Most of us had the soup and salad or sandwich and salad. I myself enjoyed the fig salad I had but thought the lobster bisque had been watered down some - too thin. Overall I enjoyed the privacy we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isabella'sNotlikeitused2bDined on 5/31/2014Have not eaten here in about a year. Food was good; not exceptional like i remembered & was very disappointed with waitress. Had the personality of a door.Special Features:
- FoodMakdaddyDined on 5/29/2014Steak undercooked. Bread good Salmon cooked nicely. Potatoes too stiff not creamySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDisappointedDined on 5/29/2014Our food was mediocre; it wasn't spectacular. I felt like I could make the food we were served. The restaurant is not kid friendly. I felt like everyone was offended that we had our kids with us. Overall, it just wasn't a great experience and I'm glad most of our meal was covered by a gift card.Special Features:
- The following 267 reviews are from the Isabella's Italian Trattoria reviews archive.
- Always great!LuvfoodDined on 5/22/2014Food, atmosphere, service-all excellent! I've always had a great meal here.Special Features:
- Amazing food and wineLCfoodieDined on 5/17/2014The eggplant parm stack was incredible and the choices in wine were overwhelming. Definitely cannot wait to be back in town to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lynchburg's FinestrladkfmaDined on 5/16/2014Lynchburg's finest restaurant! Servers are attentive, fast, and professional! Food was good. The ribeye was a bit fatty, but the pasta dishes are exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!VirginiaBoundVIPDined on 5/16/2014One of the best meals I have had at Isabella's! Try the Carbonara! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2014I would go here at least once a week if I lived in the area.Special Features:
- Dependably ExcellentJohnDined on 5/11/2014If I want a nice restaurant for a significant occasion with quality food, Isabella's is at the top of list. And, on top of that, at a reasonable cost. Setting, service, food preparation and style are all great. Dependably so, you cannot go wrong.Special Features:
- AandDDined on 5/11/2014We have been to Isabellas many times and it is always wonderful...and it's in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014We had a group of 8 and the restaurant was very accommodating. Excellent food and service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We reserved this restaurant for dinner after my daughter's college graduation and we were very pleased. The service was great and the menu had a nice variety.Special Features:
- Always fun for special celebrationsBethDined on 5/3/2014Isabella's is always a welcome treat. The food is imaginative and flavorful. Servings portions are just right--not overwhelming nor skimpy. Our server Whitney was terrific. Owner/manager Cheri is welcoming and knowledgeable about the wine and aperitifs.Special Features:
- Another great lunch at Isabella'sSaraDined on 4/26/2014Another enjoyable family luncheon. The service was wonderful. The lunch was grand, as always. Isabella's is our favorite place to have a tasty meal and catch up with our family.Special Features:
- Good Choice for a Special OccasionSri0328Dined on 4/24/2014Good Choice for a Special Occasion. Good Food. Excellent Service.Special Features:
- Isabella's Rocks!Cel32Dined on 4/20/2014Everything about the place is perfect! Both the food and the people are fabulous. You seem to treat everyone who comes through the door as though they are very special: and that is hospitality at its finest. I love to come there...and am especially pleased that family members always suggest Isabella's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.