Isabella's Italian Trattoria
4925 Boonsboro Road
Lynchburg, VA 24503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Isabella's Italian Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.isabellasitalian.com/
- Phone: (434) 385-1660 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Crews
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering to residents throughout Virginia. From small, intimate dinners to large tented events, we can assist with a personalized menu, beverage and bar services, service staff, as well as rental and linen needs. Please see our website for contact information.
A word from Isabella's Italian Trattoria
Isabella's Italian Trattoria is a family-owned neighborhood restaurant serving contemporary northern Italian cuisine in a sophisticated, yet casual setting. Isabella's has formed strong relationships with local farmers to highlight the best ingredients of central Virginia. Isabella's is the perfect choice for a night out with friends, a special date, or a business event. The restaurant offers a variety of dining choices - casual bar dining, patio dining, private dining from groups of 15 to 25, and semi-private dining for groups from 30-40. Isabella's also has a retail wine market on premises offering hand-selected wines from around the globe at very competitive prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Isabella's Italian Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Lynchburg ›
Isabella's Italian Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)romantic (32)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (20)good for groups (18)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Fabulous dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014A large group of us went during a College Reunion weekend- and it was fabulous! The food was excellent, service was wonderful and wine list was super. I am so glad we 'discovered' Isabellas! It will be our reunion tradition! Thank you for an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good Date SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I had been to Isabella's a couple of years ago, but only because my family wanted to go there, so I didn't really care about my experience. I just remembered how good the food was. My boyfriend and I had decided to try it for a date-day out for lunch. We are both foodies and were really excited about it. The atmosphere was perfect, the staff was polite and professional, and his food was amazing. However, mine was messed up the first time. Once fixed, I still wasn't impressed. I ended up with the Chicken Parm pasta. It wasn't anything special, but it wasn't necessarily bad. Overall, everything was good. We'll be back for sure. I'll just be ordering something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average Italian RestaurantJohnTDined on 10/8/2014This restaurant is spacious, with defining features that give every seat an uncrowded feeling. The service was efficient and frequent enough to keep all of us satisfied and the food was equally good. Overall, an above average Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014My family and I dined for my birthday. The food was very good. I really like that the oil/vinegar combo is on the table so we don't have to flag down the server every time we want a refill. I think the noisiest people in the restaurant were the people at our table. :) The only suggestion I'd love to see taken seriously is your kid's menu. The choices aren't bad, but not every kid eats pasta or pizza. Can you add a simple dish like grilled chicken with one side? Or steak tips + a side? Thanks for the overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I made reservations by email and was only given the option of selecting one to two guest in my party when in fact I had five. We were accommodated (appreciated), but this caused one person in my party to have to sit cramped at the end of the table. When I called the restaurant and mentioned this to the employee, his comment was that they had had this same complaint before and then he proceeded to tell me about the additional drop down menu on their website which I should have used (but could not find). My question is, if this has been an issue before, why not fix it so it is no longer an issue for customers. All in all, our experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban vibe, amazing food & service!BettyWhiteSoxDined on 10/4/2014We had the perfect dinner, the food was amazing! I decided to try the new item on the menu, the catfish and was not disappointed.Special Features:
- HOT DATE SPOTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Took my smoking hot girlfriend there for dinner and it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Isabellas!PeyJackDined on 9/26/2014This is our second time dining at Isabellas - we are from out of town, and found this gem a year ago when we were in town for Les Mis at Liberty. Came back this year for our dinner before seeing the Little Mermaid. It's off the beaten path but well worth the short drive out of Lynchburg for a fabulous dinner. Service was excellent, food was excellent - will go back next time we're in town! Enjoyed Chicken Picatta, Chicken Parmesan & the Spicy Chicken & Sausage Orecchiette followed up by pecan pie and a sea salt caramel gelato - everything was fantastic!Special Features:
- a great findJdporter3Dined on 9/25/2014As good Italian food as we have had anywhere, including NYC and San Francisco. Bread is awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Trattoriacleaner3Dined on 9/20/2014Isabella's is a great find. We celebrated my birthday, my wife received a recommendation for this trattoria. We love italian food and this restaurant was wonderful. We've been to many italian trattorias including many in italy and this was very similar to those restaurants.Special Features:
- dinnerNealDined on 9/13/2014this was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. It was the beef medallion.
- Great spot!JadeDined on 9/7/2014My mother, sister, and 9 month old nephew all met here for brunch on Sunday. Food was great and the waitress/hostess/everyone was very accommodating and sweet! Our table had the shrimp and grits, the sausage gravy biscuits, and eggs benedict, and there was absolutely no complaints! Food was great! Beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodDasBeastDined on 8/22/2014Best Italian in Lynchburg. The calamari appetizer pleased even my toughest critic...my Italian wife! Fresh pasta, great menu choices. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerlisaDined on 8/22/2014My meal was divine! I enjoyed the walnut-crusted salmon with sauteed spinach and nutella gelato for dessert. I really like the new layout of the dining room as well.Special Features:
- A Special Dinnerrachcc4Dined on 8/22/2014I decided to try the scallops special with squash risotto and it was so wonderful. My husband remarked that I never eat all my meal but I did that night. Just delicious. The wine was perfect and the service very good. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always ReliableTravelDinerDined on 8/21/2014Isabella's is an oasis in a city without a lot of fine dine options. The service is always friendly and laid back, never stuffy. The food is always good, from the soups and salads, to the pastas, to the daily specials. The simple house salad with balsamic vinaigrette is one of my favorites, along with the daily soups. I am also particularly fond of the simple angel hair pasta with tomato basil marinara. No matter where you live in the city, this restaurant is always worth the drive.Special Features:
- Fantastic!acato6570VIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything was great...a really pretty restaurant set away from downtown and college chaos. Prices are fantastic for quality of meal. The menu has many great options. Service was a total win - we were a party of 6 and everything was spot on.Special Features:
- Isabella's is the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Another great lunch at Isabella's! The food & service were excellent, as always!Special Features:
- ServiceBrunchDined on 8/10/2014I had made reservation for one. So we got there 15 minutes early. Was told we had to wait 15 minutes. The place wasn't even busy. But did make reservation for one and I was seated at one. Far as service they are real slow. Food was ok but nothing I would go back for. Sunday brunch is just not my thing. I will try dinner one time before I rule out this place.
- Never a bad experienceprdvaDined on 8/7/2014Our favorite restaurant in Lynchburg. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Good food good drinksLive2EatDined on 8/1/2014Ordered the Risotto balls which is my favorite thing on the menu! Also their peach bellinis are soooo good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!KevMangDined on 8/1/2014Took my wife here for our 1st year anniversary. I'm originally from NYC and my wife is from San Diego, so we like to consider ourselves foodies. When you enter this place, you'd think you were in a fine restaurant in a major city. Great staff and Amazing food! The Bruschetta appetizer was incredible! They also gave us a complimentary dessert of our choice since it was our anniversary! This is our new favorite place in town!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Went there to celebrate a friend's birthday. Great service and great food, as always at Isabella's! We had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Could be betterScottDined on 7/23/2014Isabella's has a great atmosphere BUT the table we were located at was terrible, lighting was hot, bright, we asked to have it toned down several times to no avail. The menu is great and most that we ordered was super but my Lasagna was pretty watery, not a true bolognese in my view. Nevertheless this is a very nice restaurant across all categories if you don't get the table we got.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for dinnerTwigdogDined on 7/18/2014Excellent menu and wine list. Great place to meet up with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreasureLuvfoodDined on 7/18/2014What a wonderful experience at Isabella's. Near perfect dishes, quiet, excellent staff! LOVED it!! Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE Isabella's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014My husband & I want to Isabella's Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. As usual, everything was delicious! The Calamari was superb. The beef tenderloin medallions melted in my mouth, my husbands steak was done just right. The service was fabulous. All in all, a truly wonderful night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014The food and service was excellent. The gluten free pasta was great and so happy they have that option available. The fig salad was amazing, the appetizer meatballs were great. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 277 reviews are from the Isabella's Italian Trattoria reviews archive.
- Isabella's never disappointsRickDined on 6/21/2014We found this restaurant last year when we attended the Lazy Days wine festival, and really enjoyed our first experience. It was just as good for our second time around, and we plan on making this a yearly tradition. Great food, excellent service, and a romantic ambience make this a favorite for us..Special Features:
- Romantic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoy Isabella's for a romantic night out. Also nice for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Our dinner was very good, our waitress helpful and efficient. We were seated near the bar, but did not find the chatter from those folks to be upsetting. As we were leaving a table next to us tried to make a scene over where they were seated and the loudness of the background music. We felt that the music was just right and did not mind being seated close to the bar. We eat at Isabella's only for special occasions so find it a very good restaurant.Special Features:
- So,soNescioDined on 6/15/2014Had brunch there,on the pricey side, but nothing special as far as the cuisine was concerned.Bread was sub-par and fries limp. Pleasant surroundings.Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/11/2014Isabella's Italian Trattoria was the perfect spot in Lynchburg for a dinner that focused on business. The ambiance, seating, service, and food all lent themselves to an evening of easy, flowing, and somewhat-private conversation.
- Meal and spacegroupcaptainDined on 6/10/2014I was with a group of 11 ladies celebrating 2 birthdays at lunch. We were given a private room which was very nice. Most of us had the soup and salad or sandwich and salad. I myself enjoyed the fig salad I had but thought the lobster bisque had been watered down some - too thin. Overall I enjoyed the privacy we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isabella'sNotlikeitused2bDined on 5/31/2014Have not eaten here in about a year. Food was good; not exceptional like i remembered & was very disappointed with waitress. Had the personality of a door.Special Features:
- FoodMakdaddyDined on 5/29/2014Steak undercooked. Bread good Salmon cooked nicely. Potatoes too stiff not creamySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDisappointedDined on 5/29/2014Our food was mediocre; it wasn't spectacular. I felt like I could make the food we were served. The restaurant is not kid friendly. I felt like everyone was offended that we had our kids with us. Overall, it just wasn't a great experience and I'm glad most of our meal was covered by a gift card.Special Features:
- Always great!LuvfoodDined on 5/22/2014Food, atmosphere, service-all excellent! I've always had a great meal here.Special Features:
- Amazing food and wineLCfoodieDined on 5/17/2014The eggplant parm stack was incredible and the choices in wine were overwhelming. Definitely cannot wait to be back in town to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lynchburg's FinestrladkfmaDined on 5/16/2014Lynchburg's finest restaurant! Servers are attentive, fast, and professional! Food was good. The ribeye was a bit fatty, but the pasta dishes are exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.