Isabella's Italian Restaurant
1279 Legacy Dr. Suite 100
Frisco / Plano, TX 75034Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Isabella's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://isabellasfrisco.com/
- Phone: 2146183384
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Proprietor Kenyon Price
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Options Available
- Private Party Facilities: Isabella's Italia creates private dining events with several menu choices, an extensive wine selection & impeccable service. We have four private dining rooms, special features include a European Fountain, 3 outdoor patios, fireplace & fountain views with space for 12-120
- Private Party Contact: Kenyon Price / Lindsay Hedlund 8775788117
- Entertainment: Italian music, tradition & modern, Italy today!
- Special Events: Happy Hours Nightly in our Wine Lounge Ladies Night Monday. Isabella's Famous Frozen Rossini Italia, 50% Off Martini Madness on Tuesdays, 50% Off all Martini's & Cosmo's Wine Tasting Wednesday's, with wine tasting, all 35 plus Wines by the Glass all half price with tasting notes! Happy Hour on Thursday & Friday, complimentary appetizers & 25 % off all cocktails, martinis & all wines by the glass
A word from Isabella's Italian Restaurant
A word from Isabella's Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar... Today's Italy is a blend of old and new, traditional and modern. Isabella's is all about the true Italian experience. From the freshest seafood bought daily to the lobster ravioli made by hand including the pasta. Isabella's is a unique dining concept, featuring Italian Cuisine from four regions in Italy. Lombardia, Piemonte, Toscana & Veneto. Isabella's delivers cuisine that is unique in preparation, modern in style, yet classic by foundation. Isabella's has been recognized with so many awards, we can only say thank you! Best Italian, Most Romantic, Best Wine Bar, Best of Frisco, Neighborhood Gem, Best Place to take a Client, and Best Neighborhood Restaurant & Premier Patios by D Magazine just to name a few. Located in Frisco next door to Plano Texas in the heart of North Dallas. Legacy @ 121. Open Lunch & Dinner Isabella's Wine Bar features multiple wine flights, 40 wines by the glass, an extensive wine lisContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isabella's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Ordered a 35.00 bottle ofJoJoDined on 3/2/2013Ordered a 35.00 bottle of wine. They didn't have it and the waiter came with a bottle that he said was the same, however it was 25.00 more! Our antipasto I thought the cold cuts were dry and the salami wasn't even italian salami! Chicken Parm was served with a pesto pasta instead of a marinara. My veal saltimbuca tasted like a pound ofvsugarvwas put on top of it. I felt like I threw away 110.00
- I loved Isabellas the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2013I loved Isabellas the first time I went. This time the service was very very slow. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry.Special Features:
- Wonderful food - I had theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013Wonderful food - I had the gnocchi and my husband had the veal. We were both pleasantly surprised at how even traditional dishes had a unique flare and a wonderful flavor. We went on a Travelzoo voucher and will definitly go back!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)GLR777VIPDined on 2/16/2013The food was just ok. It's very loud and has the appearance of being a romantic gem but really doesn't deliver as the food is just ok. I think if you are going for more a seafood/italian experience you might be happy but there are no real creative spins on any of the traditional dishes.
- Food was both unique and excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Food was both unique and excellent. Service was excellent. A bit pricy and the tables were very close together...but it was Valentines' day weekend and it appeared that extra tables were brought inside.Special Features:
- We made reservations for theAuroraEatsDined on 2/16/2013We made reservations for the prix fixe Valentine's Day weekend menu. My husband and I had never been before and were very pleased. It was lit romantically with tea lights and we were seated at a secluded table. The food was excellent. This will be a regular for us from now on.Special Features:
- Isabella's is much betterChaquitaDined on 2/16/2013Isabella's is much better than other similar restaurants in the Frisco area. Our experience was a good one. The only negative aspect of our dinner was not having the main course cooked to our expectations. This, however was corrected immediately by our waiter who did his very best to provide us with a special service. We are willing to try it again.Special Features:
- Took the family out for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013Took the family out for dinner on a Saturday night, not realizing that they had a special fixed-price menu for Valentine's weekend, which did not include some of their normal menu items. They were unable to accommodate some simpler menu requests for teenagers, so I essentially paid $35 for a bowl of plain pasta for my daughter. Even though we had a fairly early 6:30 seating, they ran out of 2 of the 3 dessert choices which were on the fixed price menu, so the only option we were given was to order something which we really didn't want. The lighting was too dim, which made the menu difficult to read, and the music was too loud, which made it difficult to communicate with someone across the table. Overall, was not worth the money I spent.
- Overall my experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Overall my experience was good, however, there were some problems. Our reservation was for 6:15pm, fairly early, on Sat. Feb. 16th. That evening the restaurant served from a fixed menu where you chose one appetizer, one entree and one dessert. Even with the early reservation they informed us they had already run out of our first dessert choice. So we made a second choice, raspberry cheesecake, yet when they served dessert we were told all they had left was plain cheesecake. We were disappointed twice. However, all the food was delicious and the waitstaff was very attentive. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great dining, good food...CelebratiChuckDined on 2/16/2013Great dining, good food...Celebrating our 34th Anniversary....Special Features:
- It was my 50th birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013It was my 50th birthday dinner and we had a fabulous time with friends at Isabellas! I couldn't have asked for anything more and the service was top notch!! Kelley HallSpecial Features:
- Excellent place to take yourMikeDined on 2/14/2013Excellent place to take your spouse or significant other. Food was great, service was good. I would definetly recommend this place for couples.Special Features:
- Outstanding staff, they wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Outstanding staff, they were very attentive and considerate. Nice and quiet atmosphere let us focus on the occasion. We will definitely be back and tell our friends about our experience. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- It was to noisy for a valentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013It was to noisy for a valentines dinner. Did not have the wine I first ordered. Seating very close. Food was good.
- very dissappiintedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I paid good money to enjoy what i hoped was going to be a romantic luncheon. I had to return my wine glass Twice because of debrey inside. Manager never came over and waitress had the nerve to blame it on air conditioner vents. I eat out at some of the best restaurants in dfw. I was soooo disappointed .that i had to take my fiance to somewhere else to capture our special moment. I wish management would have atleast acknowledged the issue. The wine glass cost almost 18 dollars.a glass and i kept having to send it back . After the third time.. i decided they just cant get it right. My expectations was so high after reading the reviews about this restaruant.
- Food was good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013Food was good and service was excellent. Our server was very attentive but not annoying. It is a bit pricey.Special Features:
- AwesomenessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2013Took my wife out for a lunch birthday, Great atmosphere. The food was very traditional, and delicious. The wait staff as very polite and severed my wife first. Haven't seen that level of professionalism in a long time.Special Features:
- Best Up-Scale Italian placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2013Best Up-Scale Italian place we've been to in years. Totally worth paying the babysitter for extra time to relax in the ambiance of Isabella's with a great wine list!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our last meal at Isabella'sChefAndyGroupieDined on 2/9/2013Enjoyed our last meal at Isabella's, sad to see that it's closed. Hopefully it can return soon.Special Features:
- My husband and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013My husband and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner. Everything was absolutley wonderful. Very romantic and they even brought us sparkling wine as a complimentary gift of our anniversary. The entire staff was so great even if they werent your waiter/waitress they were kind and waited on us also. I would definatly recommend Isabella' s to others and my husband and I want to go back for every anniversary!Special Features:
- We loved our dinner. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2013We loved our dinner. It was our 42nd wedding anniversary and was a wonderful place to go for dinner. Our waiter was superb and very friendly. Food was excellent, as always.Special Features:
- I was not impressed by theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I was not impressed by the service or the food at Isabella's Italian Restaurant. I listed the service as Poor since we only saw our waiter 3-4 times during the entire meal. I gave the food mixed reviews. They were out of the Gnocchi Al Quatro Formaggio. The Capasante Al Forno was excellent however the Pappardelle Bolognese was very bland. I doubt we will be back.
- Nice place. Good service.BaseballDadDined on 2/2/2013Nice place. Good service. But expectex a little better from the food.Special Features:
- California transplantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/1/2013We just moved to the Dallas Metroplex for Southern California. Trying to find a neighborhood Italian restaurant that similar to the two great choices we had in the Westlake Village area. Isabella's is good, very good friendly service, full bar and nice atmosphere. We have enjoyed everything we have tried. Our only disappointment is that the menu is limited. We would like to see more items added or perhaps a few specials, even if it's just on the weekend.Special Features:
- WOW!mrwhiskerssDined on 2/1/2013I eat out all the time because of business travel, many times at top restaurants, and my wife and I also have a weekly Friday night evening out. Well, my wife and I had a "Wow" experience at Isabella's. The restaurant ambiance is wonderful and everything ordered was expertly prepared and delivered to the table at the appropriate time by our waiter, Ryan. The flavors were amazing and the hot food was hot, not lukewarm. The custard we had for dessert was the smoothest I have ever had. The wine selections are interesting and the one Ryan helped me choose matched my tastes perfectly. Why did I wait so long to try Isabella's out? I don't know, but it won't be long before I am back!Special Features:
- Was a great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Was a great neighborhood restaurant. Great food, service, friendliness. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Expectations were dampenedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2013Expectations were dampened when we saw the Unfortunate parking and parking lot situation. And, our waiter seemed a bit inexperienced and Not the greatest salesman. But I must say that our Entrees (Scallops and beef tenderloin) were fabulous. The Desserts were to die for tiramisu and some kind of flan/creme Brûlée. Caesar salad was okay. I would definitely go back But frisco location is kinda far for me. Overall, it was excellent.Special Features:
- Dinner was very good. PortionsTortelliniVIPDined on 1/14/2013Dinner was very good. Portions were very generous. Server was very professional.Special Features:
- Had heard so much about theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013Had heard so much about the food...don't know if I chose wrong, but it wasn't up to the standards that I had expected. Food was good, just not great, as I was hoping. The service and ambiance were great though...Special Features:
- Not worth it even with coupon.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013Not what it was hyped up to be! Fountain wasn't on. Just a big Open room. Acoustics are bad. I couldn't hear my boyfriend talking across the table, But I could hear the people at the tables next to us Weird! Maybe more decorations would help. Not romantic at all needs more private tables/booths. Food nothing special at all. Small servings and bland. Seriously Johnny Carinos much better! Wine list was good. Service was good but felt like food came out TOO FAST for a romantic italian resturant Weird. I was SOOO glad we had a coupon! We won't go back. To pricey and not special at all.Special Features:
- The food was good and serviceDoc255VIPDined on 1/11/2013The food was good and service even better. The special pasta was delicious.Special Features:
- We took my inlaws for lunch,McMarcusVIPDined on 1/7/2013We took my inlaws for lunch, and as usual with Isabellas, they were delighted. Had some calamari and then, good Pino Grigio italian wine with lasagna, the chicken parmesana and a wonderful italian chicken sandwich. Service was very good as our food.Special Features:
- The soup and salad we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2013The soup and salad we had were nice. The chicken pasta with sundries tomatoes and artichokes lacked flavor. The chicken was dry although swimming in broth and olive oil. The gnocchi was too salty. Our waitress was excellent.Special Features:
- over priced food - I did notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2013over priced food - I did not know they also charged for salad.
- Isabella's Always a JoyRahrahDined on 1/5/2013Isabella's food as always was a delight. We've had much better service in the past. Waiter turned in wrong appetizer for a start. That in turn put everything else behind. We brought our own bottle of wine which waiter decanters for $25 fee, which was ok for us. I had mentioned when making reservations, we'd also like a Pinior Noir with dinner. The waiter did have a bottle for us to review and that was brilliant. Restaurant was very busy and our waiter should have had more help from the front end. We will be going back!Special Features:
- We did the seafood track.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2013We did the seafood track. Crabcake appetizer, moist flavorful and full of crab meat. She had lobster ravioli and i had sea bass, both tasty and well presented. Add a glass of chianti, and... Deserts were a chocolate cake that was heavy but not too sweet and a flan that was light and creamy.Special Features:
- Our waitress Sarah was terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Our waitress Sarah was terrific and the food divine,Special Features:
- Went for NYE. Prix fixe menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012Went for NYE. Prix fixe menu not the best, but still good.
- Great food and service - every timeNomNomNomVIPDined on 12/31/2012Every time we have eaten at Isabella's the food and service have been impeccable. This meal was on New Year's Eve and despite being very busy everything was very timely without being rushed and everything was perfect. Having been to Italy and eating at a large number of restaurants there Isabella's is comparable to what you would find there with fresh ingredients, hearty meals, and attention to every detailSpecial Features:
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2012Food and service were very good. A bit noisy -- could have done without music playing. Was too loud. Very nice atmosphere, but the restaurant was too cold. We had to switch tables to get out of cold draft, but was still too cold even after complaining about temperature although it did get a bit warmer.Special Features: