Isabella - Conshohocken
382 East Elm St.
Conshohocken, PA 19428Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Isabella - Conshohocken
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barisabella.com/
- Phone: 4845327470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Michael J Cappon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available
A word from Isabella - Conshohocken
ISABELLA offers contemporary tastes with a Mediterranean flare. Featuring great wines, craft beers, incredible small plates, and Neapolitan style pizzas, the menu emphasizes organic, fresh, and locally-sourced ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isabella - Conshohocken reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (13)good for groups (13)romantic (13)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Neat place, limited menuLynniaDined on 9/27/2014For a tapas bar, the choices were very limited--if you're supposed to order 2-3 plates for a whole meal, I'd expect more than ~3 choices in each category--meat, pasta, veggies... I had the flank steak and it was supposed to come with asparagus, but it came with broccoli rabe, which I do not like. I wasn't told that the asparagus wasn't available when I ordered it, so the rabe was an unwelcome surprise (for me). The waiter brought me brussell sprouts instead, and was very quick to get me what I actually wanted, but I really would have liked to be told beforehand that there wasn't something on the menu. That being said, the food was very good. Not over-salted, either. And for tapas, the portions were pretty big.Special Features:
- IsabellaChuckDined on 9/26/2014We have been here before and looking forward to our return visit. Our waiter was nice, but didn't introduce himself, which I like, and he failed to review the idea of a Tapas restaurant. We were familiar but I could see fellow patrons did not know the concept, and he did not inform. I also know the type of service to expect at a Tapas, but our first dish, a salad came with in fifteen minutes and our next dishes another half hour. I felt service was a bit slow. As for the food the beet salad was delicious, and the meatballs very good. Calamari a bit oily, and we had to ask for some type of dipping sauce. We have had the pizza before and that was good but after the Calamari we were good.Special Features:
- bobbVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had an 8 am reservation and were not seated until 8:45. The food while good came out of the kitchen in a very disorganized manner. There was a gap of almost 25 minutes between when half of our group was served and the other half of the group was served. We were very disappointed at the service and efficiency of the kitchen.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014They didnt have our reservation from open table in their computer, but we got seated anyway. We did not know it was restaurant week and we were very disappointed that we could not order off the regular menu. We really wanted the pizza. The isabella salad was not dressed enough. The mussels were on the bland side. The Kobe burger was very good but by the time our server brought us ketchup, it was getting cold. My lemon drop was great and the flourless chocolate cake was great. I've been there many times, and always loved it, except for the short time they were trying out a new chef. I hear the old one is back again. We will try again.Special Features:
- Tasty, but long, DinnerKauffierunDined on 9/19/2014We came to Isabella's for Conshohocken's restaurant week. The ambiance has a cool, dark, Spanish night vibe. The Isabella salad was wonderful, the spinach ricotta gnocci was delicious and piping hot, my shrimp and scallions with fresh linguine was also scrumptious, and the flourless chocolate cake was good, but would have been better if warm. My fiance got the a caesar salad that was ok, calamari which was very good, flank steak and truffle oil fries (the steak was really chewy, not that great, but the fries rocked), and white chocolate mousse. The mousse would've been good, but its texture was somewhat gritty. Service took FOREVER - we were there 2 and a half hours! The servers weren't too busy, it seemed more of a kitchen issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!xtinabellinaDined on 9/19/2014Awesome food & really yummy/creative/vast cocktail list! They have some decent beer on tap, particularly Weyerbacher's Imperial Pumpkin during the late summer/early fall. The bar is decent sized, so much that I personally prefer eating at it instead of a table! The bartenders and servers are very sweet & accommodating. And their menu for restaurant week was the best out of all others in the area!Special Features:
- Poor Service and sub par foodeatnowrunlaterDined on 9/19/2014We dined at Isabella for a special occasion, long time friends we were making their final stop as they moved across the country. We were seated 20 min late for our 8:30 reservation. The service was slow to start but the restaurant was quite busy then so we were very understanding. The first 2 courses were underwhelming, with the gnochi being the only thing really good. 3 of our entrees arrived after a very long wait and we waited about 15 min for the final entree to arrive. The steak ordered medium rare was tough and at that point cold since we had waited for the 3rd steak dinner to arrive (we had to ask the server about it). There was another long wait for between desert which was not good either.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Really nice little neighborhood restaurant in an out-of-the-way Conshohocken location.Special Features:
- One Night OffFrequentBruncherVIPDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were at Isabella's many times, but at the recent visit the wait service was way off. Long waits between courses, everyone in our party of 4 served a different times. Waiter was pleasant, when he was there but in general indifferent and not attentive. Ironically, the saving grace was the 15 year-old busboy who just started to work that day! When I nicely complained about the poor service, the hostess responded that "they were busy." BUZZ! Wrong answer because I pay the same amount of money no matter what! Besides, as she was telling me this, I noted 5 empty tables. However, Isabella has been good enough in the past to give it another shot.
- Great ambiancesighdeeDined on 9/5/2014Great find - We'll be back with friends! The tapas were simple and delicious - not overdone with too many ingredients so that you Can appreciate the each of the tastes, the atmosphere is warm and for our tastes, the restaurant was Just the right size. Excellent management... We were lucky and got a parking spot immediately. I just wonder if it's always that easy in the neighborhood! Hope so, because we'll be retuning.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedChelseaChrisVIPDined on 8/25/2014I picked Isabella randomly for a "first date" with someone who works in Conshohocken. When she found out where we were going, she was a little nervous as the street is not exactly in the "posh" part of town..... but what a pleasant surprise it was. Wonderful olde world decor and ambience, really friendly staff and the food was outstanding (mediterranean tapas style sample dishes, and each with a unique spice blend). To top it, they have a nice selection of beers on tap. The evening was a great success and I definitely recommend Isabella to anyone looking for a different dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conshohocken GempatsyannDined on 8/20/2014Thoroughly enjoyed an evening with friends. They liked the ambience, a neighborhood feeling with upscale food. Octopus dish was amazing, calamari was perfect, salads always good and very interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtodineDined on 7/29/2014This is a favorite that we return to for its ambiance and great food. Staff is friendly and really helpful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014If you don't know what you exactly want to eat, Isabella's small plates allows you to tried a whole assortment of meats, cheeses, pizzas, ribs, etc. They have quite an extensive wine list and we found our server quite knowledgeable. Located in the burgeoning neighborhood along the water in Conshohocken, it's a nice neighborhood spot, very friendly. Only one drawback, the small plates come with relatively big prices. All things considered, we would definitely go to Isabella's again.Special Features:
- small plates a real treat!JETREPDined on 7/23/2014Have eaten here several times and especially like the small plates. they allow for one to sample lots of tastes without stuffing oneself. Also a great way to share with friends over a nice glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suggested by a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/15/2014Great food and very good service. We tried a variety of the small plates and they were ALL very good. Going back so we can try the veal meatballs which we were told after are one of the best dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- closeddisappointedDined on 7/5/2014We were excited to try this restaurant, but when we went there at our reserved time, we found that it was not even open for business. It was a holiday weekend. If the restaurant was closed for the holiday, it would have been decent of them to indicate that on their phone message and not offer open table reservations for that night.
- The food was very good BUT...KathyPatDined on 7/2/2014This was not the first time we have been there but it was the most rememberable. It was very loud and for more than two people you can not hear each other. The food, when it came was very good but the service was so bad that it did not make up for it. First, we could not get a drink. Then we were told the specials and when we ordered we were told that 5 items on the menu were out. Could have told us that in the beginning. All the food can out at separate times and we were interrupted many times with servers bringing us other tables food. It really was a disaster. When we finally got all the food it was very good.Special Features:
- Chef went missingOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/28/2014We have always enjoyed Isabella. For whatever reason on Saturday night there was only one chef. So... Only two or three things on the menu were available. No salads, no pizza, no entries, no cheese plates??? How hard is it to prepare cheese plates and salad!!!!
- jimpatDined on 6/27/2014Their oven was inoperable, they did well with appetizers and pizza/breads. Staff/personel very apologetic, discounted next meal. Sevice very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as in the pastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/13/2014They changed chefs some months back. The food is not consistent or as good. We has a pizza that we have always had and loved. It was terrible. May not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confusing menu, mediocre foodLuc2dinsVIPDined on 6/12/2014For a previous Best Restaurant winner, this meal was very disappointing. The waitstaff seemed confused and misinformed. The spinach gnocchi was bland. The sauce on the chicken wings was cloying and the meatballs tasted only of curry which overpowered the flavor of the veal. Tartufo pizza was needlessly covered with prosciutto which dried out when cooked. And the Kobe burger was hidden inside a huge bun. Only the chicken liver pate was good, but not good enough to save this sad excuse for a meal.
- tapas exposure delightadventurouseaterDined on 6/11/2014menu is skewed to tapas dining. there is also a full plate menu. enjoyed the selection descriptions and they proved to be on the mark. tapas gives one the opportunity to 'browse' a menu in a fuller way. you experience 'tastes' of varied offerings. that said, the delivered small plates were tasty and interesting. our group had the Kobe burger, truffle fries, heirloom beets, gnocchi, ribs and meat skewers. Oh, I forgot, chocolate cake was steaming and delicious.Special Features:
- The following 344 reviews are from the Isabella - Conshohocken reviews archive.
- Great place!sweetrasaDined on 5/30/2014I walked in to Isabella and sat at the bar waiting for the rest of the group and had a delicious cocktail ( many creative options). The staff was so friendly and accommodated our seating preference. Perfect. The food was great. Creative. We had a large assortment of the tapas style appetizers. The ribs, the truffle fries , beet salad, scallops, and others did not disappoint. Such fun sharing! We didn't have the pizzas....too full from all the delicious dishes. We did have desert. Around this time the chef, Mario, came out to join us and that was truly a treat. He was delightful and made the evening so much fun. We then tried the flan ( best ever) and lingered over great conversation. Must go! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerSpyderDined on 5/24/2014Fifth time at restaurant- even better than ever ! Anthony made great drinks (martini's , margarita's etc. ) and we had the great fortune to meet the chef, Mario. Not only was he very pleasant and accommodating , he prepared one of the finest, creative dinners my friends and i have ever had - bar none ! Bravo Mario and we look forward to coming back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beFoodie58Dined on 5/21/2014When we first discovered Isabella's 2 1/2 years ago, we loved it! Having gone back a number of times since, we've been less impressed over time. Some of the special touches are no longer there. One example- the delicious truffle honeycomb served with the cheese platter no longer has truffle in it. Service this time was just ok. Just not as wowed as we once were.Special Features:
- So DisappointingDaisyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Crowded seating, waitress ignored us and food was terrible... Mussels, chicken wings, mushrooms just not good. Maybe it was chef's night out? Too bad because it could be a neighborhood gem
- Great tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014My friend and I decided to try the place out for a quick dinner. We were able to get in and out pretty quickly - but recommend making a reservation since the restaurant isn't that big. We decided to order a bunch of tapas - the cheese board, mussels, scallops and truffle fries - and everything was delicious. Definitely will be going back there again!Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTINGjamesbeardDined on 5/12/2014I EXPECTED THE FOOD TO BE SAVORY AND INTERESTING, FROM THE MENU DESCRIPTION, UNFORTUNATELY, EXCEPT FOR THE BEEF SKEWERS, IT WAS BLAND AND UNINTERESTING. IT MAY BE THAT THE MAIN CHEF WAS NOT COOKING- BUT IT WAS A SINGULAT DISAPPOINTMENT SINCE THIS IS NOT A CHEAP VENUESpecial Features:
- A little disappointingSmartchickdinaDined on 5/9/2014We arrived three minutes prior to our reservation, but were not acknowledged by any staff for a full seven minutes. Once we were greeted, we were told no tables were available and were invited to enjoy complimentary water at the bar while we waited. We were seated 14 minutes later but not given a menu until a full 25 minutes after our booked reservation time. No apologies were extended at any point. The food was good; fortunately, we ordered the chilled meat and cheese plates so the amount of time it took to deliver these appetizers did not affect the temperature. Ultimately, we were a little disappointed with this visit, as the restaurant is typically much better with customer service. The food, however, made up for that.
- Wonderful Early Mother's DayConshydiner380Dined on 5/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner Friday night. Do not remember our servers name, but he had a star tattoo on his neck. He was very friendly and made great recommendations. Despite being busy, we never felt rushed and enjoyed our meal. Thank you and keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food, very loud....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014We came to the restaurant on a recommendation from a friend and will not be coming back.
- Excellent choice in ConshiSraHDined on 5/3/2014Isabella's has tapas and individual plates--great so you can choose. We chose many different tapas dishes and a gourmet pizza. Every dish was well prepared. We enjoyed everything. The decor is beautiful, Mediterranean-style and the atmosphere is upbeat and fun. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014... $12 for a small glass of wine? Even the 4 star restaurants do not charge that amount. A bit excessive! Otherwise, great food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Administrative LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014Nice atmosphere, good service both with staff and food.....thank you so much for a great lunchSpecial Features:
- FantasticKateDined on 4/29/2014Isabella's had awesome food and was reasonably priced. I will definitely be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Trouble Wine ListDoTheMathDined on 4/25/2014We have eaten here a couple of time and find the atmosphere to be lively and the variety of food is good. Overall a very fun place to be. My issue is the wine list. They have a $25 house wine that is not very good. The price then jumps to about $50 for a bottle of wine. There really is no reason not to have a decent $30-$35 bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious inventive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2014We really like Isabellas. The food is mostly tapas and they are great to share. The menu has lots to offer and the food is always prepared so well. Their pizzas are excellent (you must try the tartuffo pizza). On our latest visit, we tried the pizza, scallops, ribs, wild mushroom and egg, baby octopus and a couple of salads. All were scrumptous (the octopus was a bit weak) and there was plenty of food for 4 people. The bartender makes terrific cocktails. I definitely recommend this nice and fun restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereColrob27Dined on 4/12/2014I took my husband to Isabella's on 4/12. We were sat right away (made reservations on open table). Our server was friendly and explained the menu and specials. We shared the eggs purgatory, gnocchi, ribs, and Kobe burger. Everything was great but the ghocci was fabulous, melted in your mouth, definitely fresh made pasta. We shared a bottle of the house red for $25 and it was really good. Whole meal was 75 plus tip and we left full. We liked the atmosphere, loud, crowded, church pews and comfortable chairs as seating. We will definitely be going back and recommending this place to our friends.Special Features:
- fun diningBubbie7Dined on 3/28/2014enjoy the assortment of appetizers instead of a main course, makes it a festive relaxing eveningSpecial Features: