Isabella - Conshohocken
382 East Elm St.
Conshohocken, PA 19428Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Isabella - Conshohocken
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barisabella.com/
- Phone: 4845327470
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Michael J Cappon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available
A word from Isabella - Conshohocken
ISABELLA offers contemporary tastes with a Mediterranean flare. Featuring great wines, craft beers, incredible small plates, and Neapolitan style pizzas, the menu emphasizes organic, fresh, and locally-sourced ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isabella - Conshohocken reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (12)romantic (9)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- LuvtodineDined on 7/29/2014This is a favorite that we return to for its ambiance and great food. Staff is friendly and really helpful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014If you don't know what you exactly want to eat, Isabella's small plates allows you to tried a whole assortment of meats, cheeses, pizzas, ribs, etc. They have quite an extensive wine list and we found our server quite knowledgeable. Located in the burgeoning neighborhood along the water in Conshohocken, it's a nice neighborhood spot, very friendly. Only one drawback, the small plates come with relatively big prices. All things considered, we would definitely go to Isabella's again.Special Features:
- small plates a real treat!JETREPDined on 7/23/2014Have eaten here several times and especially like the small plates. they allow for one to sample lots of tastes without stuffing oneself. Also a great way to share with friends over a nice glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- closeddisappointedDined on 7/5/2014We were excited to try this restaurant, but when we went there at our reserved time, we found that it was not even open for business. It was a holiday weekend. If the restaurant was closed for the holiday, it would have been decent of them to indicate that on their phone message and not offer open table reservations for that night.
- The food was very good BUT...KathyPatDined on 7/2/2014This was not the first time we have been there but it was the most rememberable. It was very loud and for more than two people you can not hear each other. The food, when it came was very good but the service was so bad that it did not make up for it. First, we could not get a drink. Then we were told the specials and when we ordered we were told that 5 items on the menu were out. Could have told us that in the beginning. All the food can out at separate times and we were interrupted many times with servers bringing us other tables food. It really was a disaster. When we finally got all the food it was very good.Special Features:
- Chef went missingOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/28/2014We have always enjoyed Isabella. For whatever reason on Saturday night there was only one chef. So... Only two or three things on the menu were available. No salads, no pizza, no entries, no cheese plates??? How hard is it to prepare cheese plates and salad!!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Their oven was inoperable, they did well with appetizers and pizza/breads. Staff/personel very apologetic, discounted next meal. Sevice very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as in the pastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/13/2014They changed chefs some months back. The food is not consistent or as good. We has a pizza that we have always had and loved. It was terrible. May not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confusing menu, mediocre foodLuc2dinsVIPDined on 6/12/2014For a previous Best Restaurant winner, this meal was very disappointing. The waitstaff seemed confused and misinformed. The spinach gnocchi was bland. The sauce on the chicken wings was cloying and the meatballs tasted only of curry which overpowered the flavor of the veal. Tartufo pizza was needlessly covered with prosciutto which dried out when cooked. And the Kobe burger was hidden inside a huge bun. Only the chicken liver pate was good, but not good enough to save this sad excuse for a meal.
- tapas exposure delightadventurouseaterDined on 6/11/2014menu is skewed to tapas dining. there is also a full plate menu. enjoyed the selection descriptions and they proved to be on the mark. tapas gives one the opportunity to 'browse' a menu in a fuller way. you experience 'tastes' of varied offerings. that said, the delivered small plates were tasty and interesting. our group had the Kobe burger, truffle fries, heirloom beets, gnocchi, ribs and meat skewers. Oh, I forgot, chocolate cake was steaming and delicious.Special Features:
- Great place!sweetrasaDined on 5/30/2014I walked in to Isabella and sat at the bar waiting for the rest of the group and had a delicious cocktail ( many creative options). The staff was so friendly and accommodated our seating preference. Perfect. The food was great. Creative. We had a large assortment of the tapas style appetizers. The ribs, the truffle fries , beet salad, scallops, and others did not disappoint. Such fun sharing! We didn't have the pizzas....too full from all the delicious dishes. We did have desert. Around this time the chef, Mario, came out to join us and that was truly a treat. He was delightful and made the evening so much fun. We then tried the flan ( best ever) and lingered over great conversation. Must go! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerSpyderDined on 5/24/2014Fifth time at restaurant- even better than ever ! Anthony made great drinks (martini's , margarita's etc. ) and we had the great fortune to meet the chef, Mario. Not only was he very pleasant and accommodating , he prepared one of the finest, creative dinners my friends and i have ever had - bar none ! Bravo Mario and we look forward to coming back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beFoodie58Dined on 5/21/2014When we first discovered Isabella's 2 1/2 years ago, we loved it! Having gone back a number of times since, we've been less impressed over time. Some of the special touches are no longer there. One example- the delicious truffle honeycomb served with the cheese platter no longer has truffle in it. Service this time was just ok. Just not as wowed as we once were.Special Features:
- So DisappointingDaisyDined on 5/17/2014Crowded seating, waitress ignored us and food was terrible... Mussels, chicken wings, mushrooms just not good. Maybe it was chef's night out? Too bad because it could be a neighborhood gem
- Great tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014My friend and I decided to try the place out for a quick dinner. We were able to get in and out pretty quickly - but recommend making a reservation since the restaurant isn't that big. We decided to order a bunch of tapas - the cheese board, mussels, scallops and truffle fries - and everything was delicious. Definitely will be going back there again!Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTINGjamesbeardDined on 5/12/2014I EXPECTED THE FOOD TO BE SAVORY AND INTERESTING, FROM THE MENU DESCRIPTION, UNFORTUNATELY, EXCEPT FOR THE BEEF SKEWERS, IT WAS BLAND AND UNINTERESTING. IT MAY BE THAT THE MAIN CHEF WAS NOT COOKING- BUT IT WAS A SINGULAT DISAPPOINTMENT SINCE THIS IS NOT A CHEAP VENUESpecial Features:
- A little disappointingSmartchickdinaDined on 5/9/2014We arrived three minutes prior to our reservation, but were not acknowledged by any staff for a full seven minutes. Once we were greeted, we were told no tables were available and were invited to enjoy complimentary water at the bar while we waited. We were seated 14 minutes later but not given a menu until a full 25 minutes after our booked reservation time. No apologies were extended at any point. The food was good; fortunately, we ordered the chilled meat and cheese plates so the amount of time it took to deliver these appetizers did not affect the temperature. Ultimately, we were a little disappointed with this visit, as the restaurant is typically much better with customer service. The food, however, made up for that.
- Wonderful Early Mother's DayConshydiner380Dined on 5/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner Friday night. Do not remember our servers name, but he had a star tattoo on his neck. He was very friendly and made great recommendations. Despite being busy, we never felt rushed and enjoyed our meal. Thank you and keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food, very loud....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014We came to the restaurant on a recommendation from a friend and will not be coming back.
- Excellent choice in ConshiSraHDined on 5/3/2014Isabella's has tapas and individual plates--great so you can choose. We chose many different tapas dishes and a gourmet pizza. Every dish was well prepared. We enjoyed everything. The decor is beautiful, Mediterranean-style and the atmosphere is upbeat and fun. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014... $12 for a small glass of wine? Even the 4 star restaurants do not charge that amount. A bit excessive! Otherwise, great food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Administrative LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014Nice atmosphere, good service both with staff and food.....thank you so much for a great lunchSpecial Features:
- FantasticKateDined on 4/29/2014Isabella's had awesome food and was reasonably priced. I will definitely be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Trouble Wine ListDoTheMathDined on 4/25/2014We have eaten here a couple of time and find the atmosphere to be lively and the variety of food is good. Overall a very fun place to be. My issue is the wine list. They have a $25 house wine that is not very good. The price then jumps to about $50 for a bottle of wine. There really is no reason not to have a decent $30-$35 bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 330 reviews are from the Isabella - Conshohocken reviews archive.
- Delicious inventive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2014We really like Isabellas. The food is mostly tapas and they are great to share. The menu has lots to offer and the food is always prepared so well. Their pizzas are excellent (you must try the tartuffo pizza). On our latest visit, we tried the pizza, scallops, ribs, wild mushroom and egg, baby octopus and a couple of salads. All were scrumptous (the octopus was a bit weak) and there was plenty of food for 4 people. The bartender makes terrific cocktails. I definitely recommend this nice and fun restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereColrob27Dined on 4/12/2014I took my husband to Isabella's on 4/12. We were sat right away (made reservations on open table). Our server was friendly and explained the menu and specials. We shared the eggs purgatory, gnocchi, ribs, and Kobe burger. Everything was great but the ghocci was fabulous, melted in your mouth, definitely fresh made pasta. We shared a bottle of the house red for $25 and it was really good. Whole meal was 75 plus tip and we left full. We liked the atmosphere, loud, crowded, church pews and comfortable chairs as seating. We will definitely be going back and recommending this place to our friends.Special Features:
- fun diningBubbie7Dined on 3/28/2014enjoy the assortment of appetizers instead of a main course, makes it a festive relaxing eveningSpecial Features:
- Tapas were greathappydinerDined on 3/22/2014first dine for my husband, second for me - yummy - we tried about seven tapas - shrimp, spinach, scallops, ribs, all delicious. started with salads and finished with desserts. will definitely return. the owner visited our table and was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Find!RichCDined on 3/21/2014What a pleasant surprise! Service was fantastic. Love the menu offerings.... someting to please everyone. Mussels were the best Ive had in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away GemGigiVIPDined on 3/7/2014Isabella's is a quaint restaurant hidden on a residential street in Conshohoken. Our waitress was very accomodating as my dining partner has a gluten and seed allergy. The wine list is very limited with one offering of varietal. The mussels were terrific but the skirt steak was over cooked and chewy. I would definitely go back and try it again. Would be nice if it was BYOB too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient little get awayPeteDined on 2/28/2014Isabella's is a great find right around the corner from the heart of Conshohocken. Convenient and easy to get to, but also a very unique little get away. The food and wine list is outstanding, service friendly and prompt, and much attention has been paid to the architecture and decor to both maximize the space available and to heighten the dining experience. Be sure to book a reservation because the room fills up most nights. A fun and enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJBeanDined on 2/28/2014Our third time here - second for dinner. Veal meatballs and calamari for apps - both were exceptional. My wife says the meatballs remind her of her mother's - and saying a lot! We also got the fig, carmelized onions and gorganzola pizza and enoyed it thoroughly. There pizzas are very nicely done and between the apps and pizza, we're always content. Only thing I would say is somewhat annoying is the front part of the restaurant is a little tight, so once you're seated, expect to have people brushing past you as they get to the back. Also, quite a draft when the front door is opened, so DO NOT get a seat anywhere near the front door as you will experience the (still) cold weather outside. Still, will continue to go back again with friends.Special Features:
- Disappointed this timewsm314VIPDined on 2/22/2014We have dined here previously and loved it so were anxious to go back. It was somewhat disappointing this time. They tried squeezing us at a table that was impossible to even squeeze into, then acted put out when we asked to move 1 table over in the dining room that was half empty. We literally could not both sit at the table because of people sitting with their backs touching ours in both directions. The food was good - salad and seafood entrees. I tried skate; it was mediocre. I didn't care for the plate full of lentils. Service was very very slow. Coffee was barely luke warm, no refill offered. Too many other great restaurants to waste my time there again. Sorry.Special Features:
- Great Date NightKarlDined on 2/17/2014We went to Isabellas on a Monday around 7PM. The restaurant had a very minimal occupancy but the service and food was fantastic. We decided to order about 6 small plates including the mixed cheese plate. Everything was fantastic and our server was both attentive and friendly. We will definitely be back to make our way through all the other dishes we didn't get a chance to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New great chef in townmaymarmaladeDined on 2/15/2014I tried the food with the new chef Rodriguez-Feo for the first time the day after Valentine's Day because their special menu looked like a lot of fun. What a treat! I was pleasantly surprised at how beautifully this 8-course meal was done. I will only highlight my favorites which were the seared scallops and the salmon. The seafood were cooked perfectly, which says a lot since almost everyone overcooks their seafood, and the pairing was excellent! The scallops were seared on the surfaces and left translucent inside and it was deliciously sweet paired with a cauliflower puree. The salmon was seared crisp on the skin side and what looked to be an overdone fish where it is just starting to flake turned out extremely moist. Excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal - a bit too cozyFlourtown313VIPDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I went out to this Conshohocken restaurant on a snowy Saturday. Parking is a bit challenging, but we found a spot and went in. We were seated in the back at a table for two between two other couples. There wasn't even enough room between the tables for someone to slide by. You have to move the table to get to the far seat. Not sure what the thinking is here. The food was great though and that made up for the much too crowded seating arrangements.Special Features:
- Incredible food.. ServiceAmanda22Dined on 2/14/2014Incredible food.. Service not so incredible. My boyfriend and I went for a nice valentines day dinner. The food was amazing. Our server was horrible. Not only did she not introduce herself, but she came to our table maybe 3 times the entire evening. When our glasses were empty, there was no offer for another glass of wine. I normally would excuse the lack of service due to being extremely busy with the valentines day crowd, however, she had no issue stopping at the table next to us every few minutes to see if they needed anything. I am not one to leave reviews really, but the food was seriously incredible and, unfortunately, the service was so horrible I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Food was fine. The rest was a mess.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Went for their Valentines Day 8 course tasting menu. The place was busy, but certainly not overwhelmed with diners. The first three courses came out at the same time, and were presented to us out of order. It felt as though they were just trying to push food out of the kitchen, rather than serve a tasting menu. The beef and fish course arrived at the same time, leaving us to decide whether to let the steak or the salmon go cold while we ate the other. The worst offense was the final two courses; soup (which should have been served before the meats) and dessert, on the table within moments of each other. I've had fine meals at this restaurant before, so I'm not sure what went wrong tonight, but they really missed the mark by a huge margin.
- Valentines dinnerJackDined on 2/14/2014This is likely not a good spot for a quiet Valentines Day dinner. The dining area has limited space and is moderately noisy; so it depends on what you are looking for in a holiday dining experience. Also they had a special "chef's choice" menu, but it wasn't advertised, so several people complained. This led the restaurant to offer the regular menu as an option. The switch caused a disjointed and unorganized situation. We opted for the Chef's holiday special dining menu anyway, but still our items came out in a random order and we nearly missed a couple of courses. I will say that the food was good, portions were perfect! However the restaurant is just not set up and organized for a Valentines tasting menu. Good for drinks/appsSpecial Features:
- a tough night at Isabellaslocallydisappointed1Dined on 2/14/2014In the end everything mostly worked out amid what was a tough night there. I know they brought in a new chef, but we were informed the manager had quit only hours earlier that day. Made online reservations for Valentine's Day hoping to enjoy the advertised happy hour drinks and menu. Upon arrival, we were seated and then told the only menu that night was a a price fixed 8 course meal not the usual entree menu nor the happy hour dishes. The waitress was rude and flustered. When we told her we were there for the happy hour menu and drinks, her response was that is not available. We told her we would not be staying for our meal.Another server came and told us that they would serve the happy hour menu but only at a high top table or at the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.