Irving St Kitchen
701 NW 13th Ave.
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Irving St Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.irvingstreetkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5033439440
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 4:30-6:00 Dinner: Sun 5:00-9:30 Mon 5:30-10:00, Tue-Sat 5:30pm-11:00pm. Brunch: Sat/Sun 10am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Sarah Schafer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Irving St Kitchen
Irving St. Kitchen is located in the Pearl District of Portland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Irving St Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Irving St Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)great for outdoor dining (66)special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (52)great for brunch (47)romantic (35)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (34)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (24)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (5)Show More
- Must try!ViviDined on 10/17/2014There was so much passion in the food that they serve !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Service was extraordinarily person and warm,max well as efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great representation of PortlandDKWADined on 10/13/2014I was looking for the right place to entertain family visiting from the east coast, many of who are foodies and/or work directly in the business. Hard to do this in just one meal, but I think everyone was duly happy and impressed. The industrial chic atmosphere was perfect, the service was prompt and friendly, and the meal was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014I believe ISK is very underrated in the weekend bruch scene. While consistently full they do not get the same press as the Tasty & ___*" Group but deserve itSpecial Features:
- UnderwhelmedLisaDined on 10/10/2014No real complaints about the service or ambiance. The $38 strip steak did not justify its price in any way. The truffle fries it came with were also just average. The Pekin Duck Crepinette had good beer slices but the actual duck was dry and neither of us really enjoyed it. Overall, we were just very underwhelmed given the price point.Special Features:
- Good service, good foodjdevgDined on 10/9/2014This place was a good find, nice quiet atmosphere, good food at the Hilton in Oregon. Not pricy and has good carrot cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & brilliant foodKarinDined on 10/3/2014I went out for dinner on my own to Irving st Kitchen, i was seated by the counter and i must say that the service from the bartenders was absolutwly fantastic and the food was very tasty. I finished the dinner with an Old fashion, it is the best Old fashion i ever had. Ask bartender Pete to make one - you're not going to be dissapointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl District GemBendBillDined on 9/28/2014Found this restaurant on the web. Great find. Located in the Pearl District in Portland, Or. it is a nice size restaurant with easy access to parking (across from the restaurant). It has a great bar and a happy hour everyday from 4 to 6 p.m. Cocktails are great. Wine list is adequate. You can bring your own bottle - corkage is $10. The appetizers and main courses are quite creative but not so far off base as to be weird. The service is very perceptive knowing when diners want to be served quickly and when diners prefer a leisurely service. The food is very good. Foodies would be very happy at this restaurant. If you are going to be there on a weekend night strongly suggest reservations. We intend to go back very soon.Special Features:
- Hip, Cool & GoodTNT2EATVIPDined on 9/28/2014Saw on line ratings, decided to try it while on vacation. Tried the oatmeal (to die for) and the Smoked Scrambled Egg Nachos, Refried Beans, Smoked Hatch Pepper Salsa, Grilled Avocado. Excellent meal to share both and reasonably priced. The only downfall, coffee was weak and we are huge coffee lovers. Would definitely go back. Fun place in Pearl DistrictSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening-gluten free optionsmadisonusDined on 9/26/2014Great restaurant that changes the menu frequently an using ingredients on season. They have gluten free options. Music was a little too loud this time. You will not be dissappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerRustersDined on 9/22/2014A coworker recommended Irving Street Kitchen for a special dinner out and we were not let down. It was a marvelous dinner in a city that is known for great restaurants -- exciting menu, fabulous food, wine and cocktails. Great service and atmosphere too. I recommend this destination highly and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irvine St Kitchen never disappointsGrahamDined on 9/22/2014The only reason I couldn't give this a 5 star rating is because my friend ordered the fried chicken and thought it wasn't noise inside. We had the biscuits with ham and jalapeño jelly which is always delicious. I had the trout and it was definitely 5 stars. We had the special roasted chills as a side dish and I loved them. We had the creme brûlée for dessert and I like that very much, too. This is one of my favorite restaurants in downtown Portland.Special Features:
- MardaDined on 9/21/2014We were in Portland for 5 days and went to several restaurants that were recommended to us. We ate here on our last night and it was definitely the best dinner we had during our stay in Portland! Friendly service, delicious food, and a nice ambience. Would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- So GoodStinger16Dined on 9/21/2014Another reason why the Pearl is a fun place to eat out. The food here is creative, local and so good. Excellent service and a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunchluv2brunchDined on 9/21/2014We booked this restaurant based on prior reviews. I wasn't sure if we would like the place as the hostess seemed a bit aloof and not friendly when our turn came in line to be seated. However, the service was great. Our server as well as the bus guys were very attentive to refilling our water, coffee and taking our order. We liked the decor which felt open and relaxing with a western theme. The food especially the homemade bacon was yummy. It was cooked well - not too crisp and had a nice taste of the spices. We shared a basket of homemade pastries - sugar cake doughnut (okay), pineapple bread/toast (had a wonderful chunks of pineapple) and an apple muffin (very good). Overall, we enjoyed the place and would return.Special Features:
- great time at Irving StreetadaddiDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated my wife's 50th b-day at Irving Street with family on Saturday night and WOW did we have a good time. Even though I let them know it was a special occasion you just never know, but WOW did they deliver. Quite table (tough in their space) and a terrific server who really knew both how to help us and how to leave us alone :) The staff assisting her was super friendly and attentive as well. Food - yum, we'd only ever been to Irving Street for brunch and the dinner was even better (in our opinion). Lamb, Fried Chicken, Cavatelli -- all fantastic. Followed up by great dessert - butterscotch pudding, choc cheesecake and the surprise winner bay-leaf infused crème brule..... Thank you Irving Street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!cdavenportVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wife and I had the bread pudding the other day and it was fantastic! A couple great brunch drinks, followed up with their butterscotch pudding... phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great timeCubbyDined on 9/15/2014I took a very picky customer to dinner here. She is notorious for finding fault in everything, special requests and yelling at staff. The Irving Street Kitchen's Sommolier, nailed it w/ wine, the food was amazing and timing impeccable. The dinner went so well, it was part of the following day's conversation.Special Features:
- Great food but...lauraDined on 9/14/2014The service is very slow and they have few vegetarian options and are not willing to leave off the bacon to make one of the options vegetarian. We made reservations and went for brunch, the place was not full but close. Still, an hour+ between ordering and getting food is too long.
- Awesome food!LoriDined on 9/9/2014We all had the halibut and the flavors were amazing! They use the freshest herbs and it really makes the food shine! I've never had tastier fried green tomatoes. I could have eaten a whole plate of them! For being in the Pearl, parking has never been a problem either, nice perk.Special Features:
- Top notch service and diningNearlynormalVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had an early, pre- theatre dinner here; outstanding service ( maybe the best waiter EVER ) and the food was superb. Husbands wine was perfect. Don't leave without trying the butterscotch pudding ! Trust me on this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great!rajvosaDined on 9/1/2014It was our first time at Irving St. Kitchen. We celebrated our wedding anniversary. Everything was fantastic - food, service and overall atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:
- A great gem in Pearl DistrictSChanSFDined on 8/30/2014Irving St Kitchen was a great recommendation. It is nice to stroll around the neighborhood before and after our meal. The venue has a rustic cool vibe to it with an open floor plan along with patio dining. Since it was a dinner for two, the staff was so thoughtful to put us in a booth so we were able to actually talk to each other. The menu has a great variety of contemporary twist on classic dishes (yummy trout with peaches) and the prices were decently priced (as we're used to expensive Bay Area pricing). This was the best restaurant we had during our wkd Portland stay. We would highly recommend this restaurants to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome Pearl District gemawesomeDined on 8/27/2014consistently good and fun. great food and busy but not crazy scene in the resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on point!SwanDined on 8/23/2014The food is always good. You can't go wrong with anything.Special Features:
- A gem in the Pearl DistrictTheTurtleDined on 8/23/2014Just amazing brunch food. The bacon is amazing: crisp and flavorful. The bloody mary is pungent and smooth. If you can get fresh donuts, by all means, get them. I ordered the chicken and waffles, which were pecan and tasty, and the chicken was terrific... crunchy but juicy. My friends both got the andouille sausage as a side with their eggs, and they described it as "good, but hot as hell." Our server, Zim, was just great... fun and attentive without hovering. I'd actually recommend reservations even for brunch... we were there at 11:30am on Saturday and it was obviously busy. And if you go when the legendary Tara Dublin (@taradublinrocks) is working up front, say hi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place on parents night outChrisDined on 8/22/2014We were looking for a good restaurant that we'd never been to before while the little guys were with the babysitter. This was a great find. However, it did turn out we had been to the location before when it was a different restaurant. The food was great and the service prompt. The dessert list looked amazing, but we didn't save enough room. We'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Good excluding PamMrKawakuboVIPDined on 8/16/2014Aesthetically perhaps one of the best in Portland. The host was a delight. Our server was beyond awful and this is the second time I have had Pam, and each time was horrible. Totally inefficient, distant, rude, can’t even get the basics right, like asking if you need sugar with iced tea and coffee...and no ice in the iced tea. She is terrible on every level, doesn’t check back, doesn’t refill drinks, something was undercooked and she was obnoxious about it. If we go back we will refuse to sit in her section. It's sad to have such a beautiful restaurant ruined by a lousy employee.Special Features:
- Great for food and funRaySFDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service. Little pricey, but good for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Always amazingLouise3044Dined on 8/13/2014I'm always impressed everytime I go. The service, the food, and of course the butterscotch pudding is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMtGirlDined on 8/10/2014We had friends in from Baltimore and wanted to show them how good food in Portland could be...we were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in and were greeted to the moment we left we were treated very well. Everyone's meal was delicious and the drinks were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Irving street kitchen constantly amazes me with its wonderful menu and incredible service. I will be going back as soon as I canSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always, a beautiful mealrkpdxDined on 8/10/2014I've been coming to the Kitchen for some time now, and have always enjoyed it. Recently, I took my sweetie here for the first time, and we had a wonderful meal. We originally got seated in the middle of the restaurant, but the hostess was gracious when we asked if we could sit in a more secluded spot, and she put us in a booth. The service was impeccable, the wines wonderful, and the food delightful. The owners clearly think about quality meat, local veggies and interesting pairings. They were also more than willing to create sides that fit within our grain-free diet. It can be quite noisy, so I'd take that into account when planning a romantic dinner, but it's not horrible. This truly is one of the hidden gems on the West side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Places in PortlandChuckVIPDined on 8/9/2014I really want to like this place - but at the end of the meal I have to say it was mediocre at best. The four of us were looking forward to dining at Irving St - consensus at the end of the meal was that there are far better places to eat in Portland. I cannot recommend this place and I doubt we will be back.
- Loved it AllJonBqttlwDined on 8/3/2014Great location, great physical layout - open,but with several curtained off booths and nooks and crannies. I had the scrambled egg nachos - which is a stretch for me asw I rarely order eggs in a restaurant. Was wonderful - nice mix of crunch, eggs, cheese, salsa. Great!! Wife had donut sampler - all good. Had a fun time.Special Features:
- Good find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014This was our first time here, and the only expectation we had was that the fried chicken dinner was to die for--so of course we ordered it, among other things! The chicken was good, but I've had better. The chilled white corn soup was a wonderful surprise, as were the fried oysters. Great beer menu, and I don't think there was a bad red wine on the list. And our server was perfect. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Always GreatCarrieDined on 7/28/2014Irving St. Kitchen is my go to - had a long day, need a great meal - place. The food is seasonal, delicious, the dessert list is not to be missed! I might not have believed it possible to improve their butterscotch pudding - BUT THEY DID!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PDX food sceneDawnDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and very nice space. Great front of the house team - from hostess to wait staff to wine director. We went with some friends and they think we picked such a fantastic restuarant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude hostessHermanDined on 7/26/2014The food was great, the genre inspired, and our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. However, my experience started off with a rude hostess who was incredibly annoyed by the presence of my service dog. She turned her back to me, told me to leave, demanded ID, and made a huge fuss when I insisted on my right to equal service as a disabled citizen. For your information, the American's With Disabilities Act, a federal law which supersedes all local health code policy. It is unlawful to exclude service dogs or their handlers. It is absolutely UNLAWFUL to require that the handler show proof of their disability or qualifications for their service animal and it is UNLAWFUL to require the service dog to wear any identifying gear.Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotbrunchieDined on 7/26/2014This is my second time to Irving St Kitchen and I would definitely recommend. Lots of positives: Location: On the outskirts of the Pearl chaos so quieter and parking is easier Ambience: Low key but classy. Bar is very comfortable and plenty of seating. Some booths are draped for privacy. I would never close the drapes but it definitely helps cut down on the noise Food: the main reason we go there. Very custom creations, not your usual brunch fair but extremely tasty and satisfying. Large servings. We all got a main brunch course, but shared sides of bacon, sausage and kale. Service: our server was quiet and accommodating, which is how they should be. If came to socialize with my server, I'd go alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.