4371 Glencoe Avenue
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.irorisushi.com/
- Phone: (310) 822-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Irori Sushi
Irori is located in the seaside city of Marina Del Rey, West Los Angeles. While the neighborhood is home to many sushi restaurants, customer praise for Irori’s attentive service, unique selection of fish, and creative innovation to traditional Japanese interior design are main features of Irori Sushi. Thoughtful touches, such as a tatami floor, a type of mat used as a flooring material in traditional Japanese-style rooms, shoe drawer for a no-shoes policy, and embroidered pillows on wooden floors that simulate the traditional sushi experience, set Irori apart from its peers. You can try Japanese style cuisine at its very best with a huge selection of fresh and delicious sashimi, sushi and rolls. With incredible daily lunch special deals, you can get great prices any day of the week. Irori has a selection from a variety of elaborate and flavorful Chef Special Rolls allowing you to try different flavors throughout your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Irori Sushi - Best Restaurants in Marina del Rey ›
Irori Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (16)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)special occasion (10)romantic (9)Show More
- Delicious, reliable and a great atmospheremichouVIPDined on 11/23/2014We have loved this place for years and are thrilled that they are on Open Table now. The menu has a very good mix of sushi staples and inventive and delicious specials. Make sure to check the boards over the sushi bar - the most interesting dishes are the specials. The miso soup is delicious, exactly as it should be. The wait staff is very attentitive and the food seems to come as soon as it's ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackVIPDined on 11/23/2014Beautiful classic Japanese decor. Attentive service. Wide range of offerings including many modern twists. Good dake selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014We frequent Irori regularly and have never been disappointed. We took our friend from out of town here and he said it was the best Sushi he's had in his life! I am a huge fan of this place. I recommend sitting at the sushi bar for a great ambiance. I love how they have lowered the floor near the bar and under the tables so that the staff is buzzing around above you. Makes the experience more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maverickmaverickVIPDined on 11/6/2014Asians were given mush better attention.. the restaurants reported a no show.. we kept the receipt.
- Outstanding Japanese restaurantJapaneseLoverDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and one of the best price/value relationships I have ever experienced in a Japanese restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food Excellent ExperienceastarDined on 10/10/2014This was an excellent way to kick-off our honeymoon date. We'd highly recommend this location for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!NupeSugarRayVIPDined on 10/3/2014Went here on a recommenation. Food was great. Service was great. Price is just right. This is a go-to place.Special Features:
- Middle of the RoadDinearoundVIPDined on 9/27/2014Sushi was average, but menu prices were way above average.Special Features:
- Great Spot for a date, great tablesRosepetalDined on 9/26/2014Love the food!!! Fresh, creative, as well as great service!!! I love this spot...This spot is a hidden gem. Energetic, friendly local spot. I would recommend this spot in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uuggghhhhhhhhhhVIPDined on 9/25/2014Its been 2 yrs since I've been back to this place, notice new staff and management. Our waitress (Nancy) did not tell us we were over-ordering and when the 3 rolls came along with 2 set dinner came. It was enough to feed 6 ppl and there was only 2 of us. The food was poor quality and the special for the day was mediocre fish. Would not recommend this place to anyone. Additionally train for staff is a must, the only pleasant staff was the runners for the waitress, they would come and fill the teacup without asking.
- My go to favoriteSCeaterDined on 9/22/2014Traditional look and feel inside with good solid Japanese food. The combo meals have plenty of food. Easy parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavBetsyVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is our goto place for sushi with our three kids. The decor is fun. Everyone has to remove their shoes and sit floor level. Luckily for parents with stiff knees there are holes underneath the tables so you don't have to get a cramp sitting crisscross Indian style. The price also doesn't break the bank. As for the food, the fish in the nigiri sushi is generous in size and fresh. The rolls are yummy. The baked Lobster roll is a kid favorite. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional JapaneseNupeSugarRayVIPDined on 9/19/2014Very pleasant and traditional (take your shoes off!) and the food is amazing. Had a great first visit. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Best Sushi in the neighborhoodNatmdlDined on 9/18/2014Great food and good menu selection. And the place is really nice and cozy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trip to Japan by dining in MDRSueBDined on 9/16/2014Love this hidden gem of a place. Outside its a dark storefront in a shopping mall, but step in and you feel as if you're in Japan. Leave your shoes in cubicle, at the entrance (wear or bring socks!) and be seated at the Sushi bar or sit at well-like tables, ( not for the elderly as they're not easy to climb out of once in) and get ready for a very unique food experience. The menu has delicious sushi fare as well as the most exotic offerings one could ever imagine. Picture worthy towers of delectable combinations are on this amazing menu. All told, its a fabulous and unusual dining experience. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot go wrongruvyDined on 9/12/2014We've eaten at Irori dozens of times over the past several years and we always have a fabulous meal. Most recently we took our family there to celebrate a birthday, and the food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very CoolLatinFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014I enjoyed this more traditional way of eating. It was my first time at this location and loved it. Will be back! Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Always fun at "shoes off sushi" per our 6 yr old grand daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good, priceyjr2231Dined on 8/26/2014Tried just about everything on the menu that sounded good. We found some real gems, but some other things are really not worth trying (bluefin burrata). Felt like a japanese place made to feel authentic for americans. Seems gross that you're placing your feet in holes in the ground. Wonder how well they are cleaned. Left content but probably won't return.Special Features:
- Great SushiJMW12Dined on 8/23/2014Great Sushi and good value with a traditional Japanese flair!Special Features:
- Amazing SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014If there is one roll you should try it's the Salmon Blue Crab. Also the shrimp heads were tasty! Authentic, you have to take your shoes off.. and don't worry they provide sandals if you need to go to the restroom.Special Features:
- Best Sushi on a Sunday nightBellabinaDined on 8/3/2014As LA sushi lovers know most really great authentic sushi places are closed on Sunday. This happy fact brought me to Inori which I had heard about for years but had not made it to. We sat at the sushi bar and the service and food was amazing. The sashimi was fantastic and I loved the sunken tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best family sushi restaurantBetsyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Irori is hands down our favorite Japanese restaurant to go as a family! The sushi is fresh; the dishes out of the kitchen are delicious. Sitting with shoes off on the floor is fun. Lucky for the floor cut outs under the tables... The parents don't get stiff legs! The prices are also reasonable for a Westside sushi restaurant. We can bring 3 big eating teen and kids! Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded and slow serviceLAvisitorVIPDined on 7/30/2014We waited 45 minutes to get our table. Why use Open Table and make my family rush over there just to stand and wait. There is absolutely no place to wait. I have been going to this restaurant for years. You really need to have the whole night free for dinner. Getting seated and getting out is a very slow process. Service is EXTREMELY S-L-O-W.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Irori Sushi reviews archive.
- Good first time experienceBlxcnbellaDined on 7/23/2014I went with a friend who was just stopping briefly into town for some sushi. We both had never been before and we found the experience of taking your shoes off to be fun. It caught us off guard at first but we both welcomed the experience including sitting on the floor. I will also add that for sitting on the floor we were both very comfortable. This sushi restaurant is suitable for able bodied people so if you are: in a wheel chair, it's difficult for you to get up after sitting on the floor, you are just not that mobile and/or it's difficult I wouldn't recommend this place on that basis. If you don't have good knees you might not have the most fun at least when you first sit down and then when you have to leave.Special Features:
- Foodhunter89Dined on 7/7/2014excellent food, friendly service, but the sitting is most uncomfortable...that is because it is traditional Japanese style we frequent this placeSpecial Features:
- Always good!JeffinMDRDined on 6/28/2014Even though the place has changed a little bit since the new owners took over about a year ago, the quality of the food seems to have been maintained. I do miss my favorite sushi chef "Justin", but the current chefs do a great job as well! My favorite sushi place in my neighborhood, and quite possibly Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IroridibsyDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our experience at Irori. What a fun surprise to have to take off our shoes! And the service was excellent! As well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Japanese in MDRDigifoodDined on 6/18/2014Had some clients in town and suggested Irori from all the nice comments! It's a hit! Great food, ambience, service and style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something has happenedPaulVIPDined on 6/17/2014Very poor service. They seemed overwhelmed on a Tuesday. The staff maybe did the best they could, but not what it used to be. We'll be back one more time- if it hasn't changed, we'll move on.
- meehteeheeVIPDined on 6/8/2014The Blue Crab and Salmon Roll is the best sushi roll I have ever tasted! I will certainly go back in the near future!Special Features:
- KevinVIPDined on 5/25/2014Very interesting setting with shoe off and "down to earth seating"; food quality is good and traditional while the service is attentive; we did have some trouble finding the place due to its hinding behind a large CVS store (first timer)Special Features:
- Good atmosphere average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Quality of food, in regards to sashimi and rolls, here is average. Quality and presentation doesn't justify the higher prices, but I understand being in Costa Mesa may play a factor. Service and ambience here were excellent. We arrived an hour prior to reservations and still got seated within a reasonable time given it was Mothers Day. The one complaint I have is that we (guests) have to remove shoes while the servers are wearing thier crocs in and out of the kitchen and onto the floor we are bare feet on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best SushiAmylynnDined on 5/7/2014Irori is hands down my favorite sushi place. The quality of the fish is outstanding. It isn't a fancy/frilly/trendy place by any means, just amazing, delicious, high-quality fish. Ryan, one of the sushi chefs is awesome too! He invented a few rolls for my boyfriend and always remembers the off-menu specialty items that I am sure no one else orders.Special Features:
- Birthday PartyBeachBarryDined on 4/16/2014We went there with a friend and my two kids for dinner. They were cool with the kids and got them fed first. They also brought surprise dessert for the birthday girl - and did not charge us. The kids like it because you take off your shoes and sit on the floor. The food is wonderful also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, Noisy, FreshNM123Dined on 3/22/2014The fish was fresh and the special were creative. The no shoes, inverted seating is fun. This particular Saturday night must have been family night because the place was jammed with noisy, energetic kids. Go early Saturday if you have kids; go later if you don't think kids are cute when you're spending a lot of money on sushi.Special Features:
- Go To SushiFoxHillsForeverDined on 3/21/2014Food is good, but nothing to get excited about. The fish is fresh and wonderful, as you would expect. Really, it's about the ambiance. Irori feels more Japanese than the rest, starting from taking off your shoes, then on to the floor level tables with cut out wells for you feet. I guess I go here and bring guests just for that Japanese feeling. Wait staff keeps that up too. I work in Marina Del Rey and have dropped by for a few business lunches. Perfect place for lunch in the area.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014From it's hidden location in a strip mall I was initially dubious. But from the moment I walked in I was charmed. With its fun intimate atmosphere combined with super fresh excellent grade sushi this small restaurant a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulHopieDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I live in the area and have passed by many times and kept saying we should check it out. Boy were we surprised when we entered the restaurant. Traditional Japanese restaurant - tables and bar you sit on the floor. They provide cushions and a back if you want it. We had the Blue Crab roll wth salmon and truffle and it was fabulous. Second time back last Saturday we had to have the same roll but also had the Zen roll and the Turo Trio which knocked our socks off. This is a great place, great find and I highly recommended to all who love sushi. Next time we will try something different. Given that we ordered the most expensive things on the menu, the prices are reasonable. Service is very good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Service lacking but adequatepverduVIPDined on 2/24/2014Overall, everything was fine but it got a tad tiring to have to ask for certain things twice. Water, drinks, etc., and getting them to come back to the table to order more sushi as well as the final bill several times. Still, could of been worse, but really could have been better.Special Features: