Iron Goat Pub & Grill
703 Benchlands Tr.
Canmore, AB T1W 3G9Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Iron Goat Pub & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.irongoat.ca/
- Phone: 4036090222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Hay / Adam Janisse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For your groups both large and small we have the menu for you. Weddings, Corporate event, birthday , rehearsal, reunion we have you covered.
- Private Party Facilities: multiple private dining options.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Leslie 4036090222
- Entertainment: Join us for live music and events , be sure to check us out at www.irongoat.ca , and on twitter ( irongoatcanmore )for more information.
A word from Iron Goat Pub & Grill
Join us and experience mountain dining in an unforgettable setting. Good food and great service await you as you are surrounded by vast mountain ranges and our magnificent three level timber frame restaurant. Whether dining with family or friends, in a small or large group, we welcome you to allow us to exceed your expectations. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Iron Goat Pub & Grill - Best Restaurants in Canmore ›
Iron Goat Pub & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (67)great for outdoor dining (55)good for groups (26)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (15)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (10)romantic (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (6)hot spot (6)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014Food was delicious, service was great. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulmountainloversDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is really a favourite of ours. The food is tasty with generous portions. The staff are friendly. The view is SPECTACULAR !! When you walk in the front door, it is like coming home !! Thanks Iron Goat. See you next time !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spotluv2foodDined on 9/27/2014It was our first visit there. I had read previous reviews and they did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSparkyDined on 9/23/2014We found this restaurant online and enjoyed every minute. The patio had the greatest views imaginable, the food was great and the pricing was decent. We will be back when in the Canmore area!Special Features:
- Stunning views, great meal!luv2dineDined on 9/21/2014Had a drive to beautiful Canmore to enjoy the leaves and for a late Sunday lunch. We always love the amazing view at the Iron Goat and it was a great day for it. It had been awhile since we had been to the Goat and they had a revamped menu which we thought was really good. Fab salads and their dependable, delicious meatloaf were enjoyed. Always a good bet when in Canmore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Wow, what a wonderful lunch experience. The food was good, the service was exceptional and the scenery from the patio was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMichelleHDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant itself was gorgeous with amazing views. The service, however, was lacking. 5 out of 8 of our orders were wrong, the server constantly forgot to remove glasses, and we had to order another round of drinks as soon as we were served the current order because it took so long. We were very excited when walking in because it was an incredible atmosphere and, overall, the food was good, but we wouldn't return because of poor service.Special Features:
- First DateBearChaser58Dined on 9/17/2014Went in for a first date as friends, came out as a couple. Quite enjoyable space and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Race Day celebrationfitnessfixDined on 9/7/2014We have a new tradition to celebrate the Canmore half marathon in September each year with a great lunch at the Iron Goat! Our group of 12 sat outside on the beautiful patio and our Australian server (I can't remember his name but he deserves credit sorry!) was bright and funny and excellent. My 6 year old daughter joined us and though there is no kids menu he made it very clear that we could order "off the menu" if we liked and ordered her a cheese pizza she loved . It was too big for her so we had panned to have the Mountain spinach salad (fabulous) and share a piece of her pizza. Thanks again for a great experience!Special Features:
- meal was awfulsteakloverDined on 9/6/2014Ordered new york strip steak. Two of us ordered the same. Upon arrival it looked like a piece of fried liver although it tasted maybe slightly better than liver. I have never seen such a thin steak, ever!!!! We were rushed (maybe that was good)so that the wedding party could come down into our section. Would definitely not go back. Find another place to eat!!!Special Features:
- Great food with an unbeatable viewPhilCambridgeMADined on 9/6/2014We had a great evening here, celebrating a week's vacation. We couldn't have made a better choice! The meatloaf was superb!Special Features:
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Beautiful view, terrible food, and even worse service from our server who was "Matt". My Pizza was soggy when it came out so i sent it back my husband had completely ate his meal and we still waited another 10 minutes for my pizza, totally not the servers fault but he was grouchy and just plain rude about the entire situation. A manager i believe is who promoed my pizza but also had two more drinks brought to us which we paid for and my husband didn't ask for another drink and i had wanted to switch what i was drinking assuming we were not going to be charged for it but we were definitely charged it. I was so disappointed with our overall experience.Special Features:
- Food was lacklustreBiC2Dined on 9/6/2014We've dined at the Iron Goat several times and this last time, the food was most disappointing, in particular, the chicken and goat cheese flatbread - it was lukewarm, crust was hard and there was no flavor at all in the ingredients (sort of like chewing cardboard). Do like the location and vibe in the restaurant and so will give them another chance with the food before striking it off our listSpecial Features:
- Pretty location, average foodspamoiflageDined on 8/29/2014Frozen veggies, soggy fries, uninspired menu, and outlandishly priced wines all make for a lack luster meal. The service was great however.Special Features:
- Best patio in CanmoreAnneCVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always a good place for a group, especially visitors from overseas, as the mountain views are spectacular and the patio catches the late sun when others in Canmore are in the shade. The fajitas are always reliable and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner@ Irongoat.2fortheroadDined on 8/21/2014Our server was fantastic, very thoughtful and thorough. Service was timely, food was ok. I think most everyone will find the menu ample both food and drink wise. The setting was impressive and the atmosphere well suited. Busy and noisy, suited for a more energetic evening. Groups will enjoy what is on offer, dinners for special occasions, birthdays, wedding etc... should find the venue more than suitable. Views, excellent service and decor makes this a stand out experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family dinningBaybillyDined on 8/17/2014Spinach salad, salmon, ribs, & chicken all great meals.Special Features:
- Dinner at the Iron Goat GrillJezzerDined on 8/14/2014It is a great place with a brilliant view and the service was very good. The food however was average and for the first time in her life my wife had to send hers back - risotto that looked and tasted like it had been pre - made and sitting around for a while. The rest of the meal was fine.Special Features:
- great place for great food and funhikerchicDined on 8/11/2014Love going to the goat with family and friends visiting from out of town. They are always impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BanffAndiDined on 8/9/2014Found this restaurant looking under Banff, Alberta, Canada. Beware, it is several miles from downtown Banff and definitely not within walking distance. The food was good and our waiter quick to make recommendations. He didn't hesitate to steer us to or away from particular menu items (which we like). The wait was a bit slower than usual as they had a wedding party which claimed much of the staff, but it was acceptable and the waiter did warn us. All in all, a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReserveSueDDined on 8/7/2014Reservation system worked well as other diners were waiting for tables.Requested patio but a 30 minute wait,however staff had kept a window table for us which was just as good.Food good and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron GoatLfgaDined on 8/5/2014Sadly, this restaurant did not measure up to my expectation. It has a lovely, scenic view of the mountains outside of Canmore, but that's about it. The food is nothing special. I'm very sorry to have to submit this review as I was very optimistic. There are several more eating establishments in the area with far better food quality. Prices too high for what was received.Special Features:
- Dinner MealFoodie1Dined on 8/2/2014We started with the crab and lobster dip which was very good. One of us had a salad with chicken. Unfortunately, the chicken was served totally bland - no spices had been used. The other had the ribs which were very good. The accompanying sides were not very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food serves quicklyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a 6:00 reservation on a Saturday night. Seated promptly, orders in quickly. Food came very quickly which is great when you have impatient kids!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Millwright86Dined on 7/30/2014Iron Goat was recommended to us and I can see why, food was excellent, view was amazing, service was excellent. We will be back! The restaurant was beautiful, the big heavy front doors, all the stone and timbers and seeing the wine cellar was amazing. This was our best meal in Canmore so far.Special Features:
- MediocreTraveler44Dined on 7/30/2014In a vacation city with 100 restaurants, this is the restaurant you settle for when the all the decent restaurants are booked. The food and service is uninspired, and although the patio has a nice view, sitting inside is just noise.Special Features:
- FriendsDissatisfiedDined on 7/28/2014We were 5 friends celebrating a birthday and had a wonderful time. The food was delicious, the service fabulous, and the staff very attentive and knowledgeable. We enjoyed a nice, reasonably priced bottle of wine with our meal. I would definitely recommend this place (and we did that night to other guests staying at our B & B) for all ages.Special Features:
- Food Over ratedRazorSharpDined on 7/28/2014Unfortunately, our main courses were not up to par given the ratings of this place. The chicken was extremely dry and so over cooked it was a struggle. In addition, the risotto tasted like sticky glue. The veggies were the only decent item. Very disappointing and We will never go back.Special Features:
- Not for fine dinersLike2eatbetterDined on 7/27/2014We were caught off guard by the 13/14 year old hosts; polite, but underage. The server, while friendly, seemed to want to rush us through the evening. The server mentioned they have a 14 year old chef which explained both the quality and presentation of the food. We were quite disappointed with the evening and will not return to that restaurantSpecial Features:
- DisappointingtravelfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Best view in the valley so a great spot for a beer and wings. Can't recommend it for a special dinner. Not well done and overpriced compared to other Canmore restaurants. The view is its biggest asset and the name says it all - pub & grill.Special Features:
- Kimb923Dined on 7/18/2014Great service, great food, great view. Can't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All round winnerWishitweremylocalDined on 7/17/2014I found it on Trip Advisor as a highly rated value local eatery with great testimonials. It was our last night in Canada & the experience was perfect. Highly recommend & would return. The owners, kitchen staff & servers have got a very good thing happening in all respects of setting up & running a great business, providing their customers with a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in canmoreFlyingdutchmanDined on 7/12/2014We booked ahead as recommended table was great ,front and center to a breath taking veiw . Waiter was really great and so were the appetizers . I had a burger it was good my wife had the ribs they were better .All and all we would be back for sure !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!degranaVIPDined on 7/10/2014I have dined here many times. Evertime it is suberb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- c2013VIPDined on 7/8/2014The food was very mediocre as was the service. The patio has a tremendous view.Special Features:
- No the best food for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Could of been better, the ribs weren't fall off the bone, my saladnt wasn't that goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointingDisspointedDined on 7/4/2014It has a great setting, was very disapointed with my food, I orderd fish and chips I found the fish greasy and overcooked and the chips were cold had to wait to get waitresses attention so she could bring me fresh onesSpecial Features:
- Lovely patio - Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014We ate again at this restaurant in our neighbourhood. It has a great patio and the food was good. However, the service was slow, so we wouldn't recommend it for people who were in a hurry.Special Features:
- WowPatsycatDined on 7/2/2014Fabulous patio views. Had The Burger, amazing, and my friend had the Canmore Dog, also amazing. We'll be back to try the other offerings. Thanks for a great lunch experience, it was well worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butter04Dined on 6/30/2014Very good would recommand the restaurant to my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.