Iron Goat Pub & Grill
703 Benchlands Tr.
Canmore, AB T1W 3G9Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Iron Goat Pub & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.irongoat.ca/
- Phone: 4036090222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Hay / Adam Janisse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For your groups both large and small we have the menu for you. Weddings, Corporate event, birthday , rehearsal, reunion we have you covered.
- Private Party Facilities: multiple private dining options.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Leslie 4036090222
- Entertainment: Join us for live music and events , be sure to check us out at www.irongoat.ca , and on twitter ( irongoatcanmore )for more information.
A word from Iron Goat Pub & Grill
Join us and experience mountain dining in an unforgettable setting. Good food and great service await you as you are surrounded by vast mountain ranges and our magnificent three level timber frame restaurant. Whether dining with family or friends, in a small or large group, we welcome you to allow us to exceed your expectations. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Iron Goat Pub & Grill - Best Restaurants in Canmore ›
Iron Goat Pub & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)great for outdoor dining (68)good for groups (37)special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (19)great for lunch (15)romantic (11)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Pretty location, average foodspamoiflageDined on 8/29/2014Frozen veggies, soggy fries, uninspired menu, and outlandishly priced wines all make for a lack luster meal. The service was great however.Special Features:
- Best patio in CanmoreAnneCVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always a good place for a group, especially visitors from overseas, as the mountain views are spectacular and the patio catches the late sun when others in Canmore are in the shade. The fajitas are always reliable and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner@ Irongoat.2fortheroadDined on 8/21/2014Our server was fantastic, very thoughtful and thorough. Service was timely, food was ok. I think most everyone will find the menu ample both food and drink wise. The setting was impressive and the atmosphere well suited. Busy and noisy, suited for a more energetic evening. Groups will enjoy what is on offer, dinners for special occasions, birthdays, wedding etc... should find the venue more than suitable. Views, excellent service and decor makes this a stand out experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family dinningBaybillyDined on 8/17/2014Spinach salad, salmon, ribs, & chicken all great meals.Special Features:
- Dinner at the Iron Goat GrillJezzerDined on 8/14/2014It is a great place with a brilliant view and the service was very good. The food however was average and for the first time in her life my wife had to send hers back - risotto that looked and tasted like it had been pre - made and sitting around for a while. The rest of the meal was fine.Special Features:
- great place for great food and funhikerchicDined on 8/11/2014Love going to the goat with family and friends visiting from out of town. They are always impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BanffAndiDined on 8/9/2014Found this restaurant looking under Banff, Alberta, Canada. Beware, it is several miles from downtown Banff and definitely not within walking distance. The food was good and our waiter quick to make recommendations. He didn't hesitate to steer us to or away from particular menu items (which we like). The wait was a bit slower than usual as they had a wedding party which claimed much of the staff, but it was acceptable and the waiter did warn us. All in all, a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReserveSueDDined on 8/7/2014Reservation system worked well as other diners were waiting for tables.Requested patio but a 30 minute wait,however staff had kept a window table for us which was just as good.Food good and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron GoatLfgaDined on 8/5/2014Sadly, this restaurant did not measure up to my expectation. It has a lovely, scenic view of the mountains outside of Canmore, but that's about it. The food is nothing special. I'm very sorry to have to submit this review as I was very optimistic. There are several more eating establishments in the area with far better food quality. Prices too high for what was received.Special Features:
- Dinner MealFoodie1Dined on 8/2/2014We started with the crab and lobster dip which was very good. One of us had a salad with chicken. Unfortunately, the chicken was served totally bland - no spices had been used. The other had the ribs which were very good. The accompanying sides were not very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food serves quicklyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a 6:00 reservation on a Saturday night. Seated promptly, orders in quickly. Food came very quickly which is great when you have impatient kids!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Millwright86Dined on 7/30/2014Iron Goat was recommended to us and I can see why, food was excellent, view was amazing, service was excellent. We will be back! The restaurant was beautiful, the big heavy front doors, all the stone and timbers and seeing the wine cellar was amazing. This was our best meal in Canmore so far.Special Features:
- MediocreTraveler44Dined on 7/30/2014In a vacation city with 100 restaurants, this is the restaurant you settle for when the all the decent restaurants are booked. The food and service is uninspired, and although the patio has a nice view, sitting inside is just noise.Special Features:
- FriendsDissatisfiedDined on 7/28/2014We were 5 friends celebrating a birthday and had a wonderful time. The food was delicious, the service fabulous, and the staff very attentive and knowledgeable. We enjoyed a nice, reasonably priced bottle of wine with our meal. I would definitely recommend this place (and we did that night to other guests staying at our B & B) for all ages.Special Features:
- Food Over ratedRazorSharpDined on 7/28/2014Unfortunately, our main courses were not up to par given the ratings of this place. The chicken was extremely dry and so over cooked it was a struggle. In addition, the risotto tasted like sticky glue. The veggies were the only decent item. Very disappointing and We will never go back.Special Features:
- Not for fine dinersLike2eatbetterDined on 7/27/2014We were caught off guard by the 13/14 year old hosts; polite, but underage. The server, while friendly, seemed to want to rush us through the evening. The server mentioned they have a 14 year old chef which explained both the quality and presentation of the food. We were quite disappointed with the evening and will not return to that restaurantSpecial Features:
- DisappointingtravelfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Best view in the valley so a great spot for a beer and wings. Can't recommend it for a special dinner. Not well done and overpriced compared to other Canmore restaurants. The view is its biggest asset and the name says it all - pub & grill.Special Features:
- Kimb923Dined on 7/18/2014Great service, great food, great view. Can't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All round winnerWishitweremylocalDined on 7/17/2014I found it on Trip Advisor as a highly rated value local eatery with great testimonials. It was our last night in Canada & the experience was perfect. Highly recommend & would return. The owners, kitchen staff & servers have got a very good thing happening in all respects of setting up & running a great business, providing their customers with a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in canmoreFlyingdutchmanDined on 7/12/2014We booked ahead as recommended table was great ,front and center to a breath taking veiw . Waiter was really great and so were the appetizers . I had a burger it was good my wife had the ribs they were better .All and all we would be back for sure !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!degranaVIPDined on 7/10/2014I have dined here many times. Evertime it is suberb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- c2013VIPDined on 7/8/2014The food was very mediocre as was the service. The patio has a tremendous view.Special Features:
- No the best food for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Could of been better, the ribs weren't fall off the bone, my saladnt wasn't that goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointingDisspointedDined on 7/4/2014It has a great setting, was very disapointed with my food, I orderd fish and chips I found the fish greasy and overcooked and the chips were cold had to wait to get waitresses attention so she could bring me fresh onesSpecial Features:
- Lovely patio - Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014We ate again at this restaurant in our neighbourhood. It has a great patio and the food was good. However, the service was slow, so we wouldn't recommend it for people who were in a hurry.Special Features:
- WowPatsycatDined on 7/2/2014Fabulous patio views. Had The Burger, amazing, and my friend had the Canmore Dog, also amazing. We'll be back to try the other offerings. Thanks for a great lunch experience, it was well worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butter04Dined on 6/30/2014Very good would recommand the restaurant to my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ethelVIPDined on 6/30/2014This establishment is local for us and we go a lot. It is usually very good food, and good service even when busy. This time not so. None of us particularly enjoyed our meals and the kitchen got my grand daughters order wrong. We are hoping it was a "one off" and won't become the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, high pricesShakeyshakoisDined on 6/30/2014The good: service. They moved us from outside to inside with no hassle and although a tad on the slow side, our waitress was great with the kids. They have a kids menu which is nice. The bad: the kids menu is $12. All the other prices are higher end, but the food is not. Pub quality or below. You are paying ( I assume) for the "resort" location. Don't expect restuarant, although the prices suggest it.Special Features:
- Great service but too expensiveluv2dineDined on 6/29/2014Great service and atmosphere. The food is too expensive for what you get. $34 for a 10oz steak that has no seasoning on it (just comes straight off the grill) and $16 for fish & chips when the fish is cod is a bit much. However, dessert was awesome, had the Rundle Paw, its like a beaver tail with whip cream and berries.Special Features:
- Great Service3sistersdiningDined on 6/28/2014Haven't been in a few years after experiencing very bad service. Returned for a second chance and the amazing views. Server was very helpful with special dietary needs, very attentive and knowledgable of the menu. mFood was very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimonDined on 6/24/2014We had anniversary and it was more beautiful then i was expected.Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2014The food and the service were good but the mountain views are truly spectacular. This was one of our most enjoyable dining experiences while vacationing in Canmore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFullthrottleDined on 6/17/2014Service was great, food overall was pretty good. My wife had one of the chicken menu items and it was pretty bland. Chicken tasted boiled. The meatloaf was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerMKJKDined on 6/16/2014Make my reservation on opentable.com for 4 people, when we got there we were seated right away our server was great and our foods was awesome order the baby back ribs and is the best I ever had, my husband and kids was very happy with their foods. From Oregon. Next time come back to Canada will definitely visit The Iron Goat pub & grill again.Special Features:
- Great placefeast4sensesDined on 6/9/2014Atmosphere was great, view unbeatable, food was excellent, creative twist on pub fare...would recommend to friends and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other than the view, not impressedfoodiegal77Dined on 6/7/2014The view was great - a perfect setting in the mountains. Other than that, everything else was very medi-ocre including the service and quality of the food. The ribs were quite disappointing and the other mains were very bland. The server never once came to ask how things were and had to be reminded a number of times to bring us items. They were full but not slammed so the lack of attention was disappointing.Special Features:
- Food average!!! Service good!GingerDined on 6/6/2014The food was Ok . Don't order the perogy Mac and cheese side dish. Terrible best describes it . It's like biting into flour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDTL3032Dined on 6/6/2014Knew the view would be great, but I wasn't expecting the food to be that special, especially because of the "Pub & Grill" part of the name. My wife had the maple salmon and I had the Alberta back ribs in Bourban sauce. Outstanding flavor and the portions were surprisingly big, big enough that I didn't leave hungry (6'1, 225 lbs). The management provided us with 2 glasses of champagne (with strawberries) for our anniversary, and also included a small appetizer that kept us busy until dinner arrived. The waiter was very friendly, attentive and was knowledgeable about the menu items. I was very impressed with the entire experience, from the atmosphere to the food. Highly recommend it....worth the drive from Calgary!Special Features:
- Great timeDerekDined on 6/6/2014Amazing food and good drinks, they need to work more on best service from waitress, few items missing on the table during supper and she wasn't ready for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.