1360 El Camino Real
Belmont, CA 94002Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iron-gate.com/
- Phone: 6505927893
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30 - 10:30pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Salvador Conchas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Minimum 30 up to 90 guests (regular business days), Minimum 100 up to 200 guests on Sundays with a $1000 opening charge.
- Private Party Contact: Kaveh or Dimitri 6505927893
- Entertainment: Friday & Saturday: 9:00pm - 12:30am: 4-piece live band and dancing (Rock, Blues,Motan,Funk & Oldies)
A word from Iron Gate
Iron Gate offers excellent Continental cuisine in an elegant environment. The only restaurant with table site & flambe service in the bay area. Live music every weekend 9:00pm - 12:00 am. See calender on our web-site www.iron-gate.com or on Face Book.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Iron Gate - Best Restaurants in Belmont ›
Iron Gate reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (37)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Beef WellingtonNgomanslandDined on 9/29/2014I had to order ahead for the beef wellington and it awesome. Perfect Medium rare and the truffle gravy (my guess) was amazing. I would definitely go back again. My fiance enjoyed her dinner also... but it was overshadowed by the beef wellington.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We loved the restaurant. Great food and service. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderfulCJRFITDined on 9/24/2014The food, atmosphere just a great date night restaurant.Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Salad wasn't great, but everything else was delicious. My husband had the lobster and steak, I had the special salmon. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Old fashioned diningfoodgirl51VIPDined on 9/19/2014You walk into the dining room and feel as though you went back in time. The waiters are fantastic! They are knowledgeable and charming. The food is very good and they prepare your Caesar salad at your table. Celebrated a friends birthday with two other couples. We all had a wonderful evening. They all want to go back. We were too tired to enjoy the live music but at another time it would be great!Special Features:
- Father's 93 BirthdaySher1eatingagainDined on 9/19/2014Had a great lunch, the food, service, etc. was great! The waiter's made sure your glass was full, never had to ask, very professional. Thank you for making his day a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & ServiceronyoungusDined on 9/19/2014Me and my wife eat out a lot and go to many restaurants in the area. By for this was one of the best. Yes we will be back. We will also tell our friends about the restaurant. Good Job. Thank YouSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 9/14/2014After great service and good meals, both lunch and dinner, for over 20+ years, we experienced only fair food and poor waiter service last Sunday night. The food seemed uneven and presented without much thought. The sauce on the Veal tasted like it came out of a can. The waiter serving us in the back room was lacking the custormer service and special treatment we have always had from the owners and staff. This guy was short, prefunctory and arrogant. He rattled off the specials and was not happy when asked to repeat them. He was not happy when asked about a specific dish and was not friendly in any sense of the work. He would have been a great bit player on "Hogans Heros."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelentejulia25Dined on 9/12/2014muy buen ambiente, excelente comida y muy buena atención desde la recepcionista hasta los mozos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningYUMMmmmmDined on 9/8/2014This is where my idea of a "Great Meal" has been enjoyed numerous times w/o question. If you like the flavors of food- here you'll find the flavors of great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School QualityDfunk24VIPDined on 8/31/2014Love everything about this place - waiters in tuxedos (ours has been working there for 42 years!), flaming dishes tableside, Caesar salad made to order and tasting the way it's supposed to taste. Steaks and veal are the highlights. Everything about this place is old school - in a good way, including getting great food along with great service for a fair price. It's the kind of place where you can easily imagine Sinatra strutting in with his entourage in tow, eating and drinking 'til the joint closed up for the night. An overall wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Never a bad mealNancyDined on 8/29/2014Really, I have never had a bad meal here. It is always elegant and you are made to feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLynieRVIPDined on 8/28/2014Re-discovered Iron Gate about a year ago. Have been twice in the last two months and have had exceptional experiences both times. Great service, food, and ambience. The sautéed scallops and shrimp are fabulous. I also got to try my mother-in-law's Steak Diane...I may have that next time! I have been highly recommending Iron Gate to many people...Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Everyone in the restaurant has customer first as their focus. Great customer service!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants - great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great culinary experienceCharlesVIPDined on 8/23/2014A STAR on the peninsula ..... since the 70's .... even earlier ....... Can't get a bad meal here .... and service is impeccable.Special Features:
- SpectacularTeriVIPDined on 8/22/2014I took my daughter and son to the Iron Gate for my son's birthday. I love this restaurant but this time we Had Tanner for our server and he is the best. Also we all said that the food was the best we have ever had in any restaurant.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, friendly serviceGenieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Took a friend to lunch for her b-day, great atmosphere, very professional and attentive service. Nice to note that they have live music on Friday. Will be back, tks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Style Charm w/ fabulous foodSusanKDined on 8/19/2014This is a wonderful foodies gem if you like to old classics like Escargot or Steak Diane. All food is top quality and service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Dining at Iron Gate a TreatMlaryDined on 8/17/2014We have never had a bad meal at the Iron Gate. It is our restaurant of choice when celebrating a special occasion. The ambience is nice, and the food outstanding. Service is good. The two owners go out of their way to greet us and make us feel welcome.Special Features:
- Not happyTerrieDined on 8/15/2014Very disappointing food..soggy lettuce, chewy prawns and tough chicken! Not what we have been getting for 25+ years! What happened to your usually superb food?
- Dream fullfieldQumacyDined on 8/10/2014From the moment we walked in to the restaurant we were greeted with a smile, and the words "How nice to see you this evening", it only excelled from there. Service was outstanding. Instead of having to go to the Bar we were offered our table, and the ability to have drinks prior to ordering. The Menu has so many wonderful choices. There were also daily specials we were advised of...all of which sounded wonderful. We were also told of their marvelous Soufflés which had to be ordered as we ordered dinner in order to be available at the end of the Meal. One of us had Steak Diane which was prepared with all the flare at our table, and was delicious. There were no complaints on any of the dishes put before us. All plates were empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CuisineOldSchoolAmbianceDined on 8/9/2014The Iron Gate brings back the ambiance our parents lived. It is fantastic, with old school charm. Excellent Restaurant.Special Features:
- Iron gateCleo204VIPDined on 8/9/2014Always great. Ben coming here for years. Veal is the best and love filet sole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2014I always enjoy my meal at Iron Gate. Normally the service is spot on, this time it was way off. The poor table next to ours was ignored on several occasions. They were very busy for a Wednesday night and I think under staffed. I would still recommend trying out Iron Gate to people. The clientele is old, but as a younger person I still love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dancing and Dinner.myrneVIPDined on 8/3/2014Fine old world dining, with white table cloths and waiters in dark suits and white shirts. Fine food , cease salad prepared table side, steak tartare prepared while you watch. Don't miss the soufflé and on weekends you can listen to music and dance in the lounge.Special Features:
- MikeB73Dined on 7/28/2014Food outstanding, along with great service, the ambience very old school, needs an update.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itmichaelDined on 7/26/2014outstanding dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The service inpecable and the gran manier to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tried and true institutionPamalotDined on 7/23/2014I always forget about Iron Gate when thinking about places to go for dinner with my friends. We decided to go there for something different and were not disappointed. The food was very good, although I didn't like rice with my veal parmigiana (potatoes or pasta would have been better), and our server was excellent. He timed our courses perfectly and was very attentive to our table. We definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- Jul 18jd03Dined on 7/18/2014Our Server Frank was Outstanding! Very attentive, pleasure to talk with, overall one of the best servers we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My guests were wowed!ethana21VIPDined on 7/14/2014This is a gem of a restaurant. Every time I go there, I wonder why I don't go even more frequently. The best veal dishes around. A widely varied menu, all prepared right. Elegant appointments and waiters. And, for my delight, tableside preparations including flaming ones. Delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great time. Food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014the menu was outstanding and the service was wonderful. the ambiance is very dated but perhaps that is the charm of Iron Gate. It is very unassuming and seems like a place you would go to as an older couple or if you lived close by (a regular type place). It wasn't as pricy as I thought and I love the menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron gate still solidrjsullDined on 7/8/2014We visited this steadfast establishment for our 30th anniversary this week. It has been years since we have dined at the Irongate; yet this survivor of the several economic slumps over the last decade comes through as good as ever. With our guest list of seven, from ages 22 to 87, where can you find a nice place for fine dining that will please both the young vegetarian and old-timer "meat and potatoes" diners happy?!?Irongate did it in spades!!! The menu is deverse, so everybody was pleased with their available choices. All of us thought the food was excellent. The service was great - thank you Frank! We even ventured into the suffle(s) for dessert - they were awesome! The lower score on ambience is due to too many tables packed in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysGinnyEDined on 6/29/2014I had the Prawns Provancale and my husband enjoyed a steak dish. Flawless, attentive service - it doesn't get any better - and we even got our favorite waiter, Guiseppe, as requested. The food was heavenly, the ambiance quiet and conducive to conversation. All in all, a wonderful dining experience! I'd give 10 stars if I could!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choicedinnerout2nightDined on 6/27/2014Once again we enjoyed a special evening at the Iron Gate. We frequently choose this restaurant for special dinners. The food, service and ambiance are all great.Special Features:
- Iron GateJuleighDined on 6/25/2014Came here for lunch after 1o years of listening to a friend tell me how good it was. Was not disappointed. Old school dining with the best of service :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014The Iron Gate is always a terrific choice. Its pricing is on the high side but very good for the service, quality of food, and atmosphere. This was my 60th birthday dinner, and we enjoyed every minute of it. In particular, our waiter, Franc, was outstanding - he was efficient without being obtrusive, and had a great sense of humor and friendly manner as well. The steak au poivre is a consistent favorite, prepared beautifully at tableside, and for dessert cherries jubilee. This is a classic American/Continental restaurant that is never off the mark.Special Features:
- An eclectic mix of hitsScotchmoVIPDined on 6/20/2014Iron Gate is steeped in old world style and the heavy fine dining from restaurants 30 years ago. There are "specials" that generally are the same each time but presented as though it's original. There are items that are awesome such as their abalone and their lobster tails, their onion soup and their coquiles st. Jacques. The table side service is fun and charming, but their recipes need updated to more modern standards! Who uses A1 at a fine restaurant for flavor!?! The culture is a mix of local folks and. We comers to the area. If you know what to order you'll enjoy the unique old school charm and tastes. But there are some things that will leave you questioning wth!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MangiareMangiareDined on 6/17/2014The food is still delicious since the first time I ate here in the late 50's on a date, in my young and single days. Our waiters were great. Especially the one with his "right on" menu suggestions. Two of us "girls" had the crab cannelloni which he suggested. It was delicious. The other two in our party, each had different styles of chicken dishes. Both entrees were loaded with mushrooms, which made them both very happy. All of the wait staff were very attentive. Without our having to ask, our water, coffee and tea were constantly refilled. We will definitely return! I was reminded of "The Good Ole Days."Special Features: