1360 El Camino Real
Belmont, CA 94002Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iron-gate.com/
- Phone: (650) 592-7893
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30 - 10:30pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Salvador Conchas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Minimum 30 up to 90 guests (regular business days), Minimum 100 up to 200 guests on Sundays with a $1000 opening charge.
- Private Party Contact: Kaveh or Dimitri 6505927893
- Entertainment: Friday & Saturday: 9:00pm - 12:30am: 4-piece live band and dancing (Rock, Blues,Motan,Funk & Oldies)
A word from Iron Gate
Iron Gate offers excellent Continental cuisine in an elegant environment. The only restaurant with table site & flambe service in the bay area. Live music every weekend 9:00pm - 12:00 am. See calender on our web-site www.iron-gate.com or on Face Book.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Iron Gate - Best Restaurants in Belmont ›
Iron Gate reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)romantic (66)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (49)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (15)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a Great MealDrewFCDined on 11/24/2014I have been going to the Iron Gate for over 20 years and every time it's a delightful evening. Love the salads, Ahi tuna starter, Saltimbocca, all the fish specials, lamb dishes. Don't miss the soufflés or the Bananas Foster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent but . . .DevaDined on 11/23/2014I ordered a glass of wine and the waiter (on his own initiative) brought me a taste of a wine he had just opened. He asked if I liked it and I said yes. He asked if I would like a glass and I said yes. My mistake was not to ask the cost of the glass of wine as it was almost twice the cost of theming I had ordered. I felt taken advantage of as we were with another couple that we don't know that we'll and I feltnuncomfqortable asking the price. My mistake BUT I feel he took advantage of the situation. It will never happen to me again - especially with that waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eats!JanA65Dined on 11/22/2014Food was excellent and the service very good. The restaurant was a little noisy but that was because it was Saturday night and they were fully booked. It is pricey but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceFunTravelingAroungDined on 11/18/2014Perfect service. Our waiter has been there almost 40 years. When I asked for a recommendation, he told me about a chicken and apple dish not on the menu. I ordered it and it was awesome. There are clearly a lot of locals that go here which is a good sign. Just a great experience! I recommend goin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always the service was outstanding.YasueDined on 11/15/2014Dimitri and Kava were so personable and joined in the fun at our table. My birthday celebration could not have been better. Cherries Jubilee and Steak Diane...what more could you ask for???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointed!!LynieRVIPDined on 11/10/2014What a special place! Outstanding food, exceptional service, and not rushed at all. Tableside preparation of Steak Diane is great and tasty! Old school style of restaurant but fantastic!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron GateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Dinner at the Iron Gate is our number one choice on the Peninsula. The food is excellent and beautifully presented and the service is perfect. Our last dinner there was very busy, yet nothing suffered. We had a party of six and we all had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great food and outstanding serviceSpikermikeVIPDined on 11/8/2014We were very pleased with our first visit to Iron Gate. All the items we ordered were delicicious and the service was impeccible. It's a lively environment but not too loud. Will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron gateCleo204VIPDined on 11/8/2014Same great food. Same great service. Been going there for years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!JohnEDined on 11/6/2014One of the best if not THE BEST restaurants in the Bay Area!!! The food and service is always consistently great.Special Features:
- dmdblmntDined on 11/5/2014Very good food. Ample portions. Service was fine except not much help with the wine selection. Wine list was extensive with many vertical tastings available Good spot for business dinners. Relatively quiet. Ours was an anniversary dinner and the restaurant helped make it special.Special Features:
- TexasTeriVIPDined on 11/1/2014The entertainment was awesome. Food is a bit pricey for the amount served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambianceUc218Dined on 11/1/2014Had the ceasar salad, rib eye steak, sautéed prawns and scallops, and the bananas foster... All around great food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not returnHeidiCVIPDined on 11/1/2014Salad was way overdressed, where they are known for the flambe, I did not need a bonfire at my dinner. Just overall food was average and not a good experience.
- Always EnjoyableMarleyDined on 10/31/2014A traditional good food, good service, nice room restaurant. Relax and enjoy being served. Not noisy or frantic.Special Features:
- Great meal everytimeLetsEatDined on 10/25/2014I thought I didn't like scallops - until I had the Prawns and Scallops Bordelaise. Now it's all I think about. Thought I wasn't a fan of steak, then I had the Steak Diane. Can't wait to see what myth they'll dispel next. Oh, and the Bananas Foster is not to be missed. The waiters are as amazing as the food. This is my new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining continuesGourmet1VIPDined on 10/24/2014Our most recent dining experience was as good as we have ever had. The onion soup still is the best around. The minestrone just as good. We both had the Petrale Sole Almondine special. It was perfectly done and served by our waiter, Tanner, who provided his usual attentive and professional service and poured our wine perfectly. The food here never disappoints. We consider it the best restaurant in Belmont, bar none. We cannot recommend it enough. The house coffee is always excellent also.Special Features:
- Old standby but not really specialbcinfcDined on 10/11/2014The ambience and service speak to exactly what it is: A romantic old standby from a bygone era of "Continental Cuisine". All the old menu favorites were there, artfully presented (often flambeed at the tables.) Service was excellent. Problem is that the food is really not especially good. Not bad, just not special. And at the price it's easy to get fine cuisine elsewhere on the Peninsula. Sauces were tired, watery and not well balanced in flavors. Our meat was under done, despite ordering correctly. Food was only OK. Noise level was a bit troublesome. It wasn't deafening, like so many other restaurants, but it was definitely challenging to hear one another across a table for two in this big wide open room.Special Features:
- familyof10OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Hada party of 10 - 6 adults and 4 teenagers. Everything was wonderful - food, waiter, surrounding. Every one enjoyed their selection from the menu. Would recommend very highly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/10/2014The best restaurant on the peninsula with excellent consistent food and great service.Special Features:
- Consistently outstanding serviceMVDavidVIPDined on 10/6/2014Iron Gate gives consistently outstanding classy service. There are items on the menu that you cannot find anywhere: Steak Diane (it's flambéed at the table), Veal Oscar, Coquilles St. Jacques.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to placeCleo204VIPDined on 10/4/2014Always great food, great service, affordable prices. A place you can depend on.Special Features:
- Always top notchTafhdydVIPDined on 10/4/2014Had a great dinner, great service and great evening celebrating our friends anniversary. Another top notch visit to the Iron Gate.Special Features:
- Very traditional old styleJimboDined on 9/30/2014Great food, very personal warm service staff. They make you feel like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef WellingtonNgomanslandDined on 9/29/2014I had to order ahead for the beef wellington and it awesome. Perfect Medium rare and the truffle gravy (my guess) was amazing. I would definitely go back again. My fiance enjoyed her dinner also... but it was overshadowed by the beef wellington.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We loved the restaurant. Great food and service. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderfulCJRFITDined on 9/24/2014The food, atmosphere just a great date night restaurant.Special Features:
- Yummyfeedme66Dined on 9/21/2014Salad wasn't great, but everything else was delicious. My husband had the lobster and steak, I had the special salmon. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Old fashioned diningfoodgirl51VIPDined on 9/19/2014You walk into the dining room and feel as though you went back in time. The waiters are fantastic! They are knowledgeable and charming. The food is very good and they prepare your Caesar salad at your table. Celebrated a friends birthday with two other couples. We all had a wonderful evening. They all want to go back. We were too tired to enjoy the live music but at another time it would be great!Special Features:
- Father's 93 BirthdaySher1eatingagainDined on 9/19/2014Had a great lunch, the food, service, etc. was great! The waiter's made sure your glass was full, never had to ask, very professional. Thank you for making his day a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & ServiceronyoungusDined on 9/19/2014Me and my wife eat out a lot and go to many restaurants in the area. By for this was one of the best. Yes we will be back. We will also tell our friends about the restaurant. Good Job. Thank YouSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 9/14/2014After great service and good meals, both lunch and dinner, for over 20+ years, we experienced only fair food and poor waiter service last Sunday night. The food seemed uneven and presented without much thought. The sauce on the Veal tasted like it came out of a can. The waiter serving us in the back room was lacking the custormer service and special treatment we have always had from the owners and staff. This guy was short, prefunctory and arrogant. He rattled off the specials and was not happy when asked to repeat them. He was not happy when asked about a specific dish and was not friendly in any sense of the work. He would have been a great bit player on "Hogans Heros."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelentejulia25Dined on 9/12/2014muy buen ambiente, excelente comida y muy buena atención desde la recepcionista hasta los mozos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningYUMMmmmmDined on 9/8/2014This is where my idea of a "Great Meal" has been enjoyed numerous times w/o question. If you like the flavors of food- here you'll find the flavors of great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School QualityDfunk24VIPDined on 8/31/2014Love everything about this place - waiters in tuxedos (ours has been working there for 42 years!), flaming dishes tableside, Caesar salad made to order and tasting the way it's supposed to taste. Steaks and veal are the highlights. Everything about this place is old school - in a good way, including getting great food along with great service for a fair price. It's the kind of place where you can easily imagine Sinatra strutting in with his entourage in tow, eating and drinking 'til the joint closed up for the night. An overall wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Never a bad mealNancyDined on 8/29/2014Really, I have never had a bad meal here. It is always elegant and you are made to feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLynieRVIPDined on 8/28/2014Re-discovered Iron Gate about a year ago. Have been twice in the last two months and have had exceptional experiences both times. Great service, food, and ambience. The sautéed scallops and shrimp are fabulous. I also got to try my mother-in-law's Steak Diane...I may have that next time! I have been highly recommending Iron Gate to many people...Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Everyone in the restaurant has customer first as their focus. Great customer service!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants - great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great culinary experienceCharlesVIPDined on 8/23/2014A STAR on the peninsula ..... since the 70's .... even earlier ....... Can't get a bad meal here .... and service is impeccable.Special Features: