Iron Chef Japanese Steakhouse
4301 S Meridian Ste A
Puyallup, WA 98374Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Iron Chef Japanese Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 2538483759
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Iron Chef Japanese Steakhouse
Give your family and friends a treat and dine at the Iron Chef, where you will be guaranteed a fine dining experience. Our professional chefs will not only provide excellent food, but also create an enticing atmosphere. Watch as they transform the art of cooking into a performance of juggling agility, each with their own style and showmanship. With both quality and variety, the menu includes favorites such as New York Steak, Filet Mignon, Chicken, Shrimp, Scallop and Lobster. We make sure your meal is as enjoyable as possible, with all meals seasoned and grilled right before your eyes. A wide range of wine and cocktails await you to complement the dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Iron Chef Japanese Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- great entertainmentlovefoodDined on 8/8/2014We came for the experience/entertainment and was great as expected. Food had great flavor. I had the steak and chicken, my husband had shrimp and scallop. The only down side was the price of the food to the amount of food. It was a bit pricey for the little amount served. To offset that, best to get fried rice with your meal because the protein serving isn't very much. But like I said, flavor was yummy and entertainment was great.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicesweetsignsDined on 8/4/2014The staff at Iron Chef made our celebration fun and delicious as well as entertaining. Scallops lef whole not chopped to bits! Filet cooked perfectly! Had my 83 y/o aunt doing a chicken dance as they sang happy birthday to her! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Very good food. Friendly workers. Would eat there again..A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fool me once, Fool me twiceaksmith3Dined on 7/20/2014I wanted to give IC the benefit of the doubt after eating here sometime last year. Nope, same lousy food (no flavor, really) and oh this time there was a hair in my fried rice. The lemonade tasted old or moldy (could be the older plastic cups they use or...?) The chef was nice and did his job but I always wondered why this Japanese steakhouse was never packed like Sakura's or Fujiyama's..Special Features:
- The following 40 reviews are from the Iron Chef Japanese Steakhouse reviews archive.
- AMAZINGKleinDined on 7/4/2014Truly amazing place GREAT FOOD!!!!!!!!!!! wonderful staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great for couples or if you want to really have a fun experience for your out of town guest!!! you wont be disappointed!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only minor delemasDadslilladyDined on 6/15/2014A couple very minor problems that were fixed with no hassle. We didn't care for the taste of the water(probably not filtered) and that is usually all we drink, so we simply all got soda's. The Shirley Temple was not that great unless you like a lot of grenadine. Another problem we had was the steak was brought out on the same platter as the shellfish and I am allergic to shellfish. They switched it out with a fresh steak and then as usual with this place and others they cooked shellfish last. This was for father's day and the cook did indeed make dad feel special! Over all a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experience At Iron ChefathmugDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I went to Iron Chef Steakhouse this weekend. The food was OK but was a bit too salty and the chicken was a little overcooked. The service was pretty good and the chef did well to entertain the table. The restaurant ambiance could be improved somewhat because it's just a wide open room with multiple tables. It would be nice to segment off a couple tables or something. As it stands now it feels like you're in a small warehouse. Overall it was a good experience/novelty but I wouldn't go back to that particular steak house since there are better ones in the area.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Love the food, chefs provide great entertainment while cooking your food, and the price is totally worth it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceDakine183nlDined on 1/30/2014My husband and I wanted to try this place out so for our second anniversary this is where we went. Couldn't have been happier. Food was great, chef was amazing and it was so much fun. My husband every night now says he wants Iron Chef for dinner because it was Soooo good. LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ChristinaDined on 1/17/2014Tried this place for the first time and it was amazing! Was a bit surprised to see the prices but well worth the it for the food and entertainment :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineRosebudDined on 12/25/2013The chef prepared the meats and vegetables just the way I like th. He was entertaining as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE ARRIVED ON TIME, FIRSTDISAPPOINTEDDined on 12/25/2013WE ARRIVED ON TIME, FIRST ASKED TO SIT, THEN TABLE READY, TOLD MATRADE WE HAD RESERVATIONS FOR SEVEN,NO RESPONSE. SAT AT TABLE WITH 6 OTHER GUESTS WHO HAD BEEN WAITING, WE THEN WAITED ANOTHER 45PLUS MINUTES BEFORE COOK ARRIVED TO BEGIN FIXING MEAL. WILL NOT BE VISITING AGAIN, SAW SEVERAL GUESTS JUST GIVING UP AND LEAVING.Special Features:
- Date night4theLuvOfFoodDined on 12/13/2013Was a nice experience but I don't think I would go back, the food was well presented as it was being cooked, but lacked in flavor, I made an online reservation where I was asked if there were any thing they should know, I put I was very allergic to mushrooms which I am and they obviously didn't read it. 10min. After we sat down they were setting mushroom soup on our table. The chef was very nice.Special Features:
- Overpriced for the quality.UnimpressedDined on 12/7/2013Overpriced for the quality. Not bad but nothing to rave about.
- The entertainment package!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013I have been to a few different japanese steak houses and this one is up there for the top spot. The chef I had was very entertaining and performed some awesome tricks. The food was amazing and the left overs are just as good! They are huge serving sizes so you can easily share it with someone. Would reccomend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendlyBobbieDined on 11/8/2013It was very family friendly. My 9 year old son had a good time. The chef was great and very attentive to the children at the table. My 1 year old was a little cranky pretty much the entire time and the hostess was great. She brought her rice and soup right away, let her bang the drum and at the end of the meal brought her ice cream. The food was good and the portions where fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puyallup, WAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2013The food has changed soooo much. Not too happy with it. The seafood sauce is so different, we didnt get cabbage we got shredded lettuce, the veggies are different, they do have bean sprouts anymore. And the meat portions are much smaller. Probably will go back to Sakuras next time, back to the OG of steakhouses.Special Features:
- Good experienceMichelleDined on 11/2/2013It was a great dinner and a fun experience. I will go again!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerfisterDined on 9/7/2013The chef hit others at the table with food, specifically an egg shell. There was an air conditioner above the table that leaked water on table and food. We had to move tables and get new food. The food was not bad.
- GreatAlicia1Dined on 8/10/2013The waitress and chef were very attentive. Great food. Wish the portions were bigger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with FriendsShadowKeeperDined on 7/28/2013This restraint is fun if you are out with friends and want to see a cook prepare your food with a little flare. If you haven't seen the presentation then you are in for a treat. First time is always fun. If you are bringing friends in a group and you have already experienced the presentation it's fun to watch your friends faces as they watch the flames dance on the grill. The problem is more then twice you will be bored, the show never changes and often the person cooking just wants to cook and not do a full presentation. If you are looking for a cheap night out, this is not the place to be. I have never made it under a 100 dollars yet and you might have to stop on the way home for a snack if you are looking to be really full.Special Features:
- Disrespectful chefDiverRGRDined on 7/3/2013I rated the service poor for the fact that the chef who came out to cook for me and my wife was very disrespectful. Not sure how professional they want to appear but when the chef blatantly tries hitting on their wife in front their husband is extremely unprofessional and down right disrespectful. It made me mad and my wife very uncomfortable. If we had anther chef who acted in a professional manner our experience would have been better.
- Retirement PartyVickiDined on 6/8/2013Had a retirement and 70th birthday to celebrate. The chef was very entertaining and comical. Food was well prepared and delicious! Had a great time. Left with full bellies, lots of laughs and special memories.Special Features:
- Entertainment and FoodRedSDined on 5/18/2013Wonderful Staff and the food was tasty! A little expensive for a family dinner, 3 kids 2 adults with tip $175. Think due to cost will only come back every decade. The staff were really nice and easily sold us a photo afterwards. The chef was fun, quick, and humble. The waitress was authentic and interacted well with the children.Special Features:
- Great first visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2013For our first visit, my wife and I took the children and we are happy we did so. Everyone had a great time and unlike previous restaurants of this type I have visited, there were no non-cook tables! Food was excellent. Chef was very entertaining. Highly Recommended! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great entertainment and specialJohnnyDined on 2/21/2013Great entertainment and special occasion experience.Special Features:
- This place never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013This place never disappoints. We're even thinking about taking our 4yo granddaughter next time.Special Features:
- Visit 13 Feb 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We had a group of seven that was seated at the middle table that has a post that is right in the way of conversation. The hostess re-seated us to another table. Food was good, priced on the higher side of what I expect on S. Hill but had a great experience. On a side note, our car was broke into when we parked on the east side of the building (backside of building from Meridian on Y's side), found out from the Puyallup police that this is a common problem with this parking area.
- I love this place. It's notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013I love this place. It's not the first time I have eaten there but it won't be my last. You get entertainment while waiting for your food. I recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- disastrous Valentine's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Let's start by saying I don't think what I experienced was their regular service. With that, in mind, please read on. Two weeks ago, my fiancée said she was making reservations for Valentine's Day dinner and asked if I would like Iron Chef. Having been there once previous for a birthday, I thought - why not? My fiancée is all about creating memories. We live 10 minutes from this place on a bad-traffic night. Our reservations were for 7:30 pm, so we checked in at 20 after 7. The place was packed- as was to be expected for Valentine's dinner. There's enough space for about 160 people at the grill tables. The waiting area was also packed. We were told it would be about 10-15 minutes. A group of 7 checked in just after us. 30 minutes passed
- We had reservations and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013We had reservations and was seated right away, but then waited almost 40 minutes for a chef. I found the food almost tasteless.Special Features:
- Save yourself the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Had 2 $25. gift cards for my husband and myself and they would only take one. No hostess stand with someone to greet you or any where to really sit while you wait for your table. On our opentable note I alos put it was our anniversary and the resturant didn't even acknowledge it. I was not impressed the least and will give my other coupon away instead of going back. Atmosphere was loud and distracting. If you want a quite nite with someone do not go here. This place is good for large groups or a girls night out. Would not recomendSpecial Features:
- Fun AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/4/2013Nice restaurant and fun atmosphere. Entertainment built in. A little over priced for families but still a great special occasion place.Special Features:
- Iron chef was wonderful. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Iron chef was wonderful. We have been There many times before they never disappoint.Special Features:
- Quality food with the gimmicks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Not just a show but great quality food as well. Service was top notch and the show was great.Special Features:
- We always enjoy the food here,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We always enjoy the food here, both the preparation and the actual eating. The servers are always friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- We went to Iron Chef for my.birthdaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012We went to Iron Chef for my.birthday and it was great! The service was wonderful and thefood was delicious. It is a little pricey, but worth it if you can afford iSpecial Features:
- I have been to Iron Chef 3OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012I have been to Iron Chef 3 or 4 times now. The food is always pretty good, especially the sushi. My mom and I were really impressed with the honesty of one of the women working there. Apparently my mom handed her a $20 bill with another $20 stuck to it and the woman came running out to return the extra money to my mom just as we were walking out to the car. This I believe is the same woman who made extra effort to keep my 1 1/2 year old happy while we ate. Their interactions had everyone around us smiling and laughing so that made our dinner that much more enjoyable. So many reasons to love this place!Special Features:
- Excellent food and a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Excellent food and a great show all the while you are getting full of delicious food.Special Features:
- We have been to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012We have been to the restaurant before and the food was much better at our previous visits. Was disappointing since we took our grandson there for a special night. The chef was good but not as fun and entertaining as our previous visit. Perhaps he was new. Service was a bit slow and yet we also felt rushed. Might reconsider future visits.Special Features: