Iron Bridge Wine Company - Warrenton
29 Main Street
Warrenton, VA 20186Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Warrenton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ironbridgewines.com/
- Phone: 5403499339
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Dan Frack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Wine dinners and dinner parties
- Private Party Facilities: Downstairs historic stone cellar with private bar and seating for 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Wecker 540 349 9339
A word from Iron Bridge Wine Company - Warrenton
This award winning restaurant, wine bar, and wine shop is "Fun dining...not fine dining!" The casual relaxed atmosphere and friendly service coupled with an ever changing menu and wine selection of "by the glass" and bottles is a Hunt Country gem. A rooftop deck and Enoteca lounge provide for great views and self guided tastings. Named one of Washington Post Magazine and Northern Virginia Magazines "50 Best" restaurants is also a perennial "best value" award winner. With space for private functions and over 125 seats on three different floors, the view, menu, and wines are ever changing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Warrenton - Best Restaurants in Warrenton ›
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Warrenton reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (32)special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (21)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)good for groups (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- good food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014the food was great, but the service was a little lacking from empty drinks not being refilled (cocktails at that) to a lack of "check-in" from our server. i would return for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening outPartyof4Dined on 8/20/2014My son and I went for a date night dinner, the setting was perfect. We arrived at 5:45 so not many patrons there yet but by the time we left most of the tables were filled. It was still a nice quiet atmosphere and we were able to talk and enjoy the scenery. We sat upstairs by the windows facing out to the main street, very old town feeling. The food was amazing, I ordered the crab cakes and my son had the crusted salmon, great sized portions. We also enjoyed the wine sampling with cheese/rabbit that was recommended by our server, Rebecca (who was lovely)! I will be bringing my husband back here for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S-L-O-W ServiceWinealotVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our 2nd visit since the Iron Bridge Wine Company became The Bridge Restaurant. The change was not for the better. The servers were friendly and accommodating but it took the food a L-O-N-G time to arrive at the table. It should not take over 25 minutes from the time you order to the time your appetizers appear, especially when they were soups, salads and a cold dish. and well over an hour until your entree to appear. Unfortunately, that was the case, as it was on the previous visit. Of the two hours we spent there, most of the time was waiting. The first two wines we tried to order were out of stock. The food was tasty, but the enjoyment was tempered by the service.Special Features:
- Would definitely return!VaLoverDined on 8/13/2014We found this restaurant online and thought it sounded perfect for a romantic dinner out, and then it was also recommended by a colleague who lives nearby. Our waitress was attentive and pleasant, the food nicely presented and delicious, and the classy-yet-comfortable ambience precisely what we were seeking. After dinner my husband noticed a friend at the bar, so we lingered for awhile there and it seemed we were in a little oasis of life in the middle of the sleepy town mid-week. We appreciated the focus on local ingredients and vendors, and everything was flavorful, but the carrot-orange soup was absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrMike82VIPDined on 8/9/2014I wanted my fiancé to experience Iron Bridge and get her take on it. Although we were late for our reservation, we were there on a Saturday night that was not particularly crowded and were seated upstairs. The noise level was quiet to moderate during the evening. Our waiter provided us with wine pairings recommendations for our entrees that were spot on. We started off with a "pick 3" selection of local sausages, local cheese, and brie that was light and a great start. They ran out of the flounder special that I was eager to try and went with their crab cakes, which were tasty. She went with the lobster tail and hanger steak and was still talking about it the next day. Overall, it was a great evening and we will return some day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappoiningPointagrouseDined on 8/6/2014The reviews and website put my expectations in place for great wine, but the wine selection is mediocre at best. There were a few decent wines on the list, but none on the by the glass list, which was the advertising that enticed me. Also, even the good wines were young vintages that need cellaring. The food was OK. I liked that the food was locally sourced, but that wasn't really enough. I ordered a steak, and the potatoes that came with it tasted as though they were basted in fish oil. As a whole, I don't know plan to return.
- Try the Creme BruleefussyfoodieDined on 7/25/2014Although it is a wine bar and the selection is really interesting, I have to say the the Creme Brulee served warm with chocolate ganache on the bottom was a definite highlight, as were the escargotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlumberboyDined on 7/14/2014Went to dinner at the Iron Bridge for my parent's 52nd wedding anniversary... The food, service and atmosphere were excellent.. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was delicious as always! My husband and I both had the hanger steak and lobster tail special. Would definitely order it again. I've been going to Iron Bridge since shortly after they opened, and my meals have all been excellent.Special Features:
- Iron Bridge2hartsDined on 6/29/2014We always go to Iron Bridge for special occasions and occasionally for a nice quiet romantic date night. Their food is excellent, we have not been disappointed. The wait staff is friendly and professional and are always able to answer any questions regarding the menu. Size proportions are just right. We haven't gone for lunch yet, but I have heard from others that it is just as wonderful. When you hear someone say "there is nowhere in Warrenton to get a nice meal", send them to Iron Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First Bad Experience HereWinealotVIPDined on 6/28/2014The Iron Bridge Wine Company has changed it's name to The Bridge Restaurant, and also changed its menu. While these changes were benign, the changes in service and the ambiance were not. We were seated at approximately 7:15. Our orders were taken fairly quickly, but our appetizers (2 soups of the day and a broccoli dish) didn't appear for over 30 minutes. They were out of the wine we ordered, and the "equivalent" they suggest was just OK. To compound the service felony, our entrees were not served until almost 9:00 p.m. We had may apologies, as did the two tables on either side of us. To the manager's credit, they did comp a second bottle of better tasting wine, and adjusted the bill. The lights flickered annoyingly all evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnervc14Dined on 6/28/2014Wine was good. Food overpriced. My husband ordered lobster mac/cheese and was quite disappointed with the portion.
- Wine and DineEatingmachineDined on 6/27/2014We went for our anniversary and the staff gave us a private table and comp champagne. The bill for two added up but the food was delicious and the wine list extensive. We will go again for special occasions.Special Features:
- Lovely Place, great food & serviceRetiredInBoyntonBeachVIPDined on 6/21/2014We were visiting Northern Virginia, going wine-tasting, & someone at one of the wineries recommended this place; we were delighted to find it on Open Table. We had no idea how long it would take us to get to Warrenton, so we made the reservation for 7:45 -- the staff was VERY kind & accommodating when we showed up at 5:30! Food was very very good indeed, especially the appetizers which were quite interesting & tasty. My "surf & turf" veal loin & Maine lobster tail was lovely; husband's duck confit was exactly as it should be. Service was outstanding throughout the meal. We live in South Florida, but if we ever find ourselves anywhere near Warrenton VA again we will most certainly try to come back (newly renamed "Bridge" by the way).Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchJoshDined on 6/6/2014Had a great time and really enjoyed lunch despite the smaller menu. Had a couple of flights of wine which were amazing. Sat on the roof and it was beautiful. Service was excellent - we got complimentary champagne when we told them it was our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outgirlsnightoutDined on 5/30/2014This was a last minute plan to get together with girls friends. Wonderful choice. The food was fabulous. The service was great, not pressure to hurry. Will pick Iron Bridge again for any future visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go backishreviewDined on 5/24/2014Generally pleased except for the noise level. Good service and tasty food. New menu appears to have higher pricesSpecial Features:
- Always great!LATBDined on 5/24/2014We love this restaurant. A new menu awaited us. Healthy eating was forgotten as we made our way thru the calamari, fantastic gazpacho soup, lobster mac n cheese (wonderful), crab cake sandwich, and angus burger. Had the California red wine flights -- Whitehall Lane 2010 Cabernet and Force of nature Tempernillo are our new favorites! Great sitting at the owner's table in the window to overlook downtown Warrenton. Wines are available for take out. Service was superb and so was the complimentary prosecco toast for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining in Warrenton VaMBReview4UDined on 5/16/2014Another truly outstanding meal and service! We went to dinner here for our 33rd anniversary, card signed from the entire staff on our table waiting for us. The food was soooo very good. On a scale of 10 we had a 12 overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Great food and service as always. Was initially disappointed by limited menu for Mother's Day but it got me to try other items that were equally as impressive as our old standby items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattDined on 5/11/2014If you have a group of 6-9, hit the downstairs, the ambiance is nice, and despite somewhat cramped quarters, it adds something positive to the experience.Special Features:
- Always Wonderful!CHummellDined on 5/10/2014We eat here all the time at all different times and it is always wonderful! They keep adding new specials to keep things interesting, but try to keep certain favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 540 reviews are from the Iron Bridge Wine Company - Warrenton reviews archive.
- Downhill latelyfrugaldinerDined on 4/26/2014When they first arrived in town I would describe as a great find and value. Lately in the last year the menu has not changed and the quality has gone down. The lobster Mac and cheese which used to be excellent with a great cheese component and a heavy amount of lobster is now little more than kraft Mac n cheese with 2-3 pieces of lobster. I'll stick to Claire's in the future
- Serving the App after the EntreeLessThanImpressedDined on 4/26/2014Great selection of wines - the Pinot flight was delish! Our main course was served prior to our app and that was a bit weird but our waiter was excellent and made it right. The lobster Mac was great, quiche was good, but the calamari was way to greasy (I know, it's supposed to be fried) and a little rubbery. The most surprising thing was the fried ginger to complement the calamari - a great balance of flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TGIF experience!!!HKMDKVIPDined on 4/25/2014The food and wine is always an excellent experience!!Special Features:
- Great Late Night Dining w/ a GroupAsmjemDined on 4/19/2014I've been to Iron Bridge a few times now and have enjoyed every visit! The entrees are sometimes hot or miss; I ordered a $60 aged steak once that I wasn't impressed with. Generally, the restaurant, service, and food is very good and fairly-priced. The Creme brûlée with chocolate ganache is my reason for coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesPaulacDined on 4/19/2014Although it is quite a distance from us, we have never been disappointed with our meals or service at Iron Bridge. I will admit, I do miss the buy one, get one free coupons we used to receive for our birthdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationbirthdaygirlsDined on 4/12/2014My girlfriend and I shared a birthday lunch at The Bridge restaurant on a recent Saturday. The weather was so lovely that we asked and were seated on their roof top patio complete with an umbrella. We had such a lovely time that we were there from noon to at least 3 pm. The food and wine were great, and the service impeccable. A very attentive and generous wait staff. I can't wait to take my husband there for lunch to try the crab cake sandwich (his favorite).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Lunch before Wine TouringNomnomDined on 4/12/2014Heading from NoVa, we thought stopping in Warrenton for a bite was a good idea before continuing on to Little Washington and Sperryville. We enjoyed a rooftop lunch with a wine flight, the oyster chowder, and fried calamari - all were excellent. The shrimp and grits were perfectly seasoned with very large prawns. My local rueben sandwich was amazing. Excellent find in a small town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to Meet FriendsBearWallow42Dined on 3/30/2014We meet friends from Falls Church area for dinner since we live way out in the country. The upstairs is best for talking, downstairs is a bit louder. The wine selections are great and our food selections were excellent. The three course meal is a great bargain. Our service was excellent and professional. Great neighborhood gathering place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to meet friendsdeer1Dined on 3/29/2014We had a great time and the service was great. The food is a little overpriced for what you get but the wine and beer selection was extensive. Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodYumoDined on 3/22/2014Food was absolutely delicious. It was different with fresh ingredients. Hands down one of the best meals I have ever had. Our server was polite, friendly and knowledgable about the food. Our only complaint...not a fan of the rail seating downstairs. Uncomfortable and takes away from the intimacy of your seating. Not sure how it's set up upstairs but we will go back. Will probably call for a reservation so we can request better seTing or try the outside when it's warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itTurtledoveDined on 3/22/2014Beautiful restaurant. Attentive but not intrusive service and that is rare! The Mahi Mahi was delicious and the chocolate cake truly scrumptious. I had the mystery white wine and that was excellent also. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Younger crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014I was with m parents who are a bit older. With the noise level it was difficult to have a conversation. The menu was small, but the food was good. Seem like a pick up place, but not in a bad way.Special Features:
- Small Town GemLuvthemouseDined on 3/16/2014This is a destination restaurant in Warrenton and worth the drive to get there. We had a small group and everyone was pleased with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the cheese plateStephenDined on 3/14/2014My second visit. Both were great. Go for the cheese plate. And don't go in a rush. Take your time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TablefortwoWaltDined on 3/14/2014From the Hostess to the Servers, the service was friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and the staff most personable. The food was excellent. My partner ordered the Rock Fish which was superb and I ordered the locally grown beef, also superb. I ordered a very dry vodka martini with cocktail onions and was served exactly that.! The evening was enjoyable, thanks to the ambiance and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, ok foodfood4thoughtDined on 3/14/2014We ate here after much anticipation and we all left slightly disappointed. The atmosphere was great. It was very hot and we asked to turn the heat down numerous times, which if you know me, you'd know that never happens. The service was very slow. The waitress knew nothing about the drink menu at all. The food was good but not over the top. This place gets so much hype in our local area and I'm not sure why. I don't think we'd ever go back honestly. It was a mediocre experience for a high price. There's many other places locally that offer great service and better food for the same price.Special Features:
- Perfect night outKevinDined on 3/1/2014We took some dear friends for a night out complete with dinner at the Iron Bridge in Warrenton. The food, service, and wine selection were all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and wine is alwaysHKMDKVIPDined on 2/28/2014The food and wine is always superb at Iron Bridge Restaurant!!! The service has been an experience of excellent to simply fair. This was a simply fair experience as at the beginning of the night we waited at least 10 mintues for a greeting from the waiter, or anyone in the lower bar area as we were tucked away in the corner next to a stone wall on the back side of the bar. As the night progressed, the service seemed to be improving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.