Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade
124 East Kings Highway
Maple Shade, NJ 08052Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ironhillbrewery.com/mapleshade/
- Phone: 8562730300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday: 11:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Sunday: 11:00 AM- 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Brewery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade
Welcome to Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant in Maple Shade, where you'll find fresh handcrafted beers, creative yet informal New American Cuisine & friendly & attentive service in a casual, upscale atmosphere. Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant is a non-smoking environment with smoking allowed in designated outdoor areas only, however cigar & pipe smoking is prohibited. Reservations & "Call Aheads" are accepted for lunch & dinner seven days a week. We accept all major credit cards & are handicapped accessible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade - Best Restaurants in Maple Shade ›
Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (106)great for lunch (75)neighborhood gem (70)kid-friendly (69)fit for foodies (59)vibrant bar scene (58)special occasion (45)hot spot (37)late-night find (34)great for brunch (17)romantic (15)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Iron hill is competentOldergentlemanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Run by young people, this restaurant has varied price ranges of fairly good food. Not gourmet but good. Big bar scene less TV's then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSAmLVIPDined on 8/23/2014Really great spot with great food and beer. Service is also very good.Special Features:
- Great beer menuRussGDined on 8/22/2014We go to Iron Hill for the beer and great hardy dishes. My favorite appetizer is the sweet potatoe fries that come with 4 delicious dips. In the summer I choose one of their burgers, in the fall and winter I love the stew and chili. All in all a great place to eat and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No wonder it's crowdedGoodEaterDined on 8/22/2014This place is always busy... Appealing menu, nice service, good food. We both had the Moroccan salmon, which was very satisfying and healthful (perfect veggies, too) which made me feel better about the blueberry beer and crostata. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great timeTomjACKSONDined on 8/16/2014Great place, seated right on arrival, nice decor, nice dining rooms. Food was outstanding from start to finish. My waitress (Diane) was very attentive, friendly and helpful with our food choices. Looking forward to a repeat visit.Special Features:
- Good food, Better beer.dentaldanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Very extensive menu and everything ordered was fresh, but apps only OK on taste. Jagerschnitzel entree was delicious. Great beer. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!!!marshaDined on 8/13/2014Food is always good at the Brewery!!! Love the menu selection and desserts!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very freshVeggiegirlVIPDined on 8/12/2014They brew their own beer and it was very good. I had a hummus plate that was awesome. It had some tomatoes and feta crumbled on top. The salmon burger was great and the coleslaw on top was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent service & beerRickVIPDined on 8/12/20141st, our waiter was fantastic. Very friendly and kept us entertained. I also appreciate that he gave real opinions on the menu. 2nd, the beer was 1st rate. I had a sampling of the 3 IPAs and had the porter and an IPA. All were fantastic. We had the Philly cheese steak egg rolls, which were surprisingly delicious and for dinner I had the jagerschnitzel, which was good but not my favorite (but not bad for a non-German restaurant.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable...MisfitmeDined on 8/12/2014Have eaten here on a number of occasions and have not been disappointed. Fresh, good food. Able to customize dish if you don't like an ingredient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good until the check camekchatzDined on 8/9/2014The food and service were generally good. However, the check came, and we were charged $88 for a $70 food bill. We called the sserver over, and he wasn't even apologetic. I reduced his gratuity from my usual 18-20% to 15%. I think the manager should have come to our table after this mistake/Special Features:
- Nice night outEatingouttonigtDined on 8/1/2014Went out with son and his fiancé and had a wonderful meal. We tried some different beers which were all good. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming consistently goodSteveDined on 8/1/2014This is the second time we've been here in little more than a month and the food and service are remaining at consistently good levels. The flank steak in chili sauce was prepared exactly to medium rare and was properly seasoned and very tasty. Other dishes included the crab cake sandwich, turkey burger and meatloaf and the entire party commented how fresh and delicious the food tasted. Service was professional, friendly and unobtrusive. Of course, the beers are varied and can be paired to match with any of their meals. The beers taste fresh and are also very well crafted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunSusanVIPDined on 8/1/2014There were 9 of us - 6 adults and 3 kids. We were sat in a back dining room - which was great because everyone in our group was comfortable, and the kids were able to be silly and not disturb other diners in the main hall area. Our server was great - she separated our checks and was very attentive. The food was good, but not the best we've had which was a little disappointing. But it was a great night overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchBlueRidgeTravellerDined on 7/31/2014This chain is an absolute must if you are in close proximity to one, I would drive well over an hour to eat there if we had one here in Virginia. The food is excellent, from the seafood to the classic bar food like the Ribs, I can promise that it will not disappoint. The salmon spring rolls might be the best appetizer I have ever had. The brews are out of this world with a selection that will be sure to have you coming back and telling all of your friends. This is a true one of a kind place, check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad serviceironhillneedshelpDined on 7/31/2014we had very bad service at the restaurant. The wrong food was brought to our table. When our food was finally brought out only three out of the four entrees were delivered. The fourth entree was not delivered until 15 minutes after the others were. Nothing was done or said except I'm sorry. That's bad customer service.Special Features:
- 88% OutstandingSoJerseyGirlDined on 7/26/20147 out of 8 meals and appetizers outstanding. Beef tips were very tough. Waitress was wonderful. Less than 2 hours with 8 people.Special Features:
- Overall gooddsj812Dined on 7/23/2014Service was very good. Selection of beers to choose from was a treat. Everyone at our table enjoyed the food although the roll for my sandwich was not as fresh from what I get at other comparable restaurants.Special Features:
- Love It!!VeganVidaDined on 7/19/2014Iron Hill is one of my favorite places around. The menu has a variety of different kinds of options (from hummus platters to baked Mac and cheese to personal pizzas to juicy steak. Oh, and don't skip the fried calamari!), and includes a "Healthy Option" section with limited-calorie plates. Many options are or can be made vegetarian or vegan-friendly. The ambiance is cool and comfortable so you can dress up for date night or dress down for a casual lunch. And I always joke that the friendly and personable staff rivals that of Disney World...I kid you not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- railDined on 7/19/2014Very good food and craft beers. Pub setting with friendly service. Try the salmon spring rolls for excellent presentation and taste. Always a large crowd but tables turn over fast. Reservations can be made for six or more.Special Features:
- I love this place!TeenageShutdownDined on 7/14/2014I've went to Iron Hill Brewery occasionally over the last 4 years. I can honestly never had a bad meal, beer, or server. The waiters/ waitresses are knowledgeable & appear to enjoy working there. They will have conversations with you & are personable. They have one of the best customer service I've experienced. The beer is great (and potent) You cannot get a bad one here. Just make sure you make reservations or chances are you will be waiting awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to Iron Hill in Maple ShadeBarbDined on 7/13/2014We go to Iron Hill in Maple Shade often. The employees are extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. Food is great and the rest of the family always tries the new beers.Special Features:
- lrk7Dined on 7/13/2014We had the prime rib special and thought the meat was tasteless. The chef could ramp up the flavor with a little seasoning.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentLoriRVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've been to Iron Hill many times. We often choose it when we need to please a diverse group, including our kids, our parents and us. The beers are great and the food is consistently excellent. I tried the scallops this time, and loved them!Special Features:
- Enjoyable as usual.MaureenDined on 7/12/2014We eat at Iron Hill quite often. The beer selection is interesting if you are a beer lover, and the food is consistently good. There's enough variety on the menu that you can get a full dinner or just a sandwich. We always enjoy it there.Special Features:
- Flat Iron SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014The beer, appetizers, and dessert are great. I was not thrilled with the main course of a flat iron steak including the price for how small and unflavored it was.Special Features:
- Always GoodCherylpd1Dined on 7/3/2014Whether with a group of friends or family, or just a couple of us for a dinner out, we always have a good meal and enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUch poor long serviceBobCHDined on 7/3/2014We had reservations at 645. We were seated after 7. We order mussels -after 30 mins they told us they (the mussels) looked bad. Getting our entries took well over a hour . Waiter Bob was a nice guy- service was horrible.Special Features:
- What we were looking for!MeatloverDined on 6/28/2014Getting together with out of state relatives for the first time. Looking for a place with American food but not just a burger joint. We found it in Iron Hill Brewery. Everyone was able to find something on the menu. Not too noisy so we could talk but not so quiet that we felt we were too noisy being a group. Our waiter was personable and attentive.Special Features:
- Not What It Used To BeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Pretty disappointed, I have dined here a few times and always had a good time but this time I was very under impressed. I ordered the raspberry wheat beer when the waitress brought it to me the color was off. I took a sip and it was awful so i sent it back and was informed that there is something wrong with the whole batch so i would need to order something else. What ever I mean i enjoy beer so I picked another one and ordered my food. I ordered the filet and have never been more upset about the steak i received. The plate was flooded with juice from the steak and spinach so everything was soggy, and they did not cook my steak the correct temp. I have eaten a better steak at applebees which is shameful dont think i will go back anymoreI would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go TotatertotwhynotDined on 6/25/2014We come here when we want a good meal, served right. Try the sweet potato fries, they are delish. The meatloaf and chicken pot pie are super tasty. Burgers are fab. My boyfriend likes to get the Bourbon ice cream because it's always a perfect end to the meal. If you are into beer, they've got lots of great choices.Special Features:
- Not even mediocreNinerGirlVIPDined on 6/25/2014Choose another restaurant. We found a portion of a blade in the bruschetta. The manager came out and instead of comp-ing the entire meal comp's appetizers and a $20 certificate. There was an effort to make things right but a BLADE? Chicken pot pie had no chicken and was like a runny cream soup with vegetables. Our waitress was young and nice, thank goodness.
- All around greatAllyDined on 6/20/2014Great food, great beer, good service. I go to Iron Hill pretty often and it has yet to let me down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and staffCeejayDined on 6/18/2014Reserved a table for a post fathers' day celebration hoping to find a beer or hard cider my hubby would like. He was allowed to do a tasting and even though he didn't find one to his liking we found the food to be wonderful. We had pizza and were more than satisfied. The malted grain crust was fabulously thin and crusty....subtlely sweet. The soup trio was not disappointing. The gumbo and bisque were my favorites. My husbands cheese take egg rolls and chicken salad sandwich were delicious as well. We splurged and had dessert. Our DIL loved the oatmeal cake, I had a huge apple crisp with the malt bourbon pecan ice cream...oh my! Hubby had the cupcake trio and same ice cream I did. We were truly impressed with the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer +FathersDay =Iron Hill BreweryWorthHavingVIPDined on 6/15/2014We needed a Fathers Day lunch reservation near the NJ Turnpike, and we've had good meals at other Iron Hill locations, so we booked a table for 7. The hostess called to confirm & kindly gave us a table in the bar, away from screaming kids (Fathers Day crowd). The meal would've been good but the food took nearly 45 minutes to be served. Manager apologized and took 20% off bill, so kudos to entire staff on a very busy day. My frittata was good, not amazing, but the beer was as always exceptional. Try the pizzas, pulled pork & sweet potato fries, those were better than average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go To RestaturantSpecialOccassionDineDined on 6/14/2014Iron Hill is definitely a go to for us. Their food is consistently good, service has always been great and at every visit we are greeted at one time or another by the manager to check on our visit. Besides offering a nice selection of food, if you are a beer person their selection is amazing and they are always switching up their seasonal picks!! Don't like beer, they have a nice wine list too. And leave room for dessert - sharing their brownie sundae is not something to pass up.Special Features:
- A nice surpriseEdieRDined on 6/9/2014This was our first time at Iron Hill and what a nice surprise. Our server was very friendly and informative, food was served timely, hot and delicious and the atmosphere and noice level was great for conversation (not sure what the weekends are like). I went with 3 other co-workers, all had the same experience with their food and we all agreed we would be back.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good BeerMyselfDined on 6/8/2014The food was good. The beer--which is all brewed on site--is tasty. The staff was courteous and knowledge and did a good job. Definitely will be back and definitely recommend this restaurant others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatGmanDined on 6/7/2014Knowledgeable wait staff bring gourmet food and very good beer. Excellent recommendations and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Group and still excellent!!TamaraVIPDined on 6/6/2014Once again Iron Hill staff delivers. We had a party of 17 for my Son's Kindergarten graduation and everything was spot-on! Service was quick and friendly. Food was excellent quality and very reasonable with such a large group. Love the beer and my SONS chose the location for the chicken fingers and pan seared tenderloin.Will be back likely again and again!Special Features: