Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade
124 East Kings Highway
Maple Shade, NJ 08052Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ironhillbrewery.com/mapleshade/
- Phone: 8562730300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday: 11:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Sunday: 11:00 AM- 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Brewery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade
Welcome to Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant in Maple Shade, where you'll find fresh handcrafted beers, creative yet informal New American Cuisine & friendly & attentive service in a casual, upscale atmosphere. Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant is a non-smoking environment with smoking allowed in designated outdoor areas only, however cigar & pipe smoking is prohibited. Reservations & "Call Aheads" are accepted for lunch & dinner seven days a week. We accept all major credit cards & are handicapped accessible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade - Best Restaurants in Maple Shade ›
Iron Hill Brewery - Maple Shade reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (98)neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (72)great for lunch (70)vibrant bar scene (65)kid-friendly (64)special occasion (48)hot spot (45)late-night find (35)romantic (15)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (12)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Run don't walk to Iron Hill BreweryTomBDined on 9/27/2014I love Iron Hill Brewery for both beer and food. We went for the pumpkin beer - the Cinderells'a Carriage was very good, but the Punkelweisen was amazing. Their Imperial Pumpkin had kicked, but I bought a bottle reserve to take home. Can't wait to try it with friends. The food was amazing. I had the Hackbraten (German Meatloaf) with Hunter Sauce off their Oktoberfest menu and my wife had the Ahi Tuna off the regular menu. Both dishes were fabulous. The Ahi Tuna was cooked to perfection. The service is top notch - the servers know the beer, they know the food, and they make for a very enjoyable experience. Will absolutely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too badDineof10Dined on 9/26/2014Get hey seated us right a way, which was great given the line of people waiting for a Friday night table. The staff was great and brought everything in a timely manner. The one disappointment for me was the food. While the other three in my party all raved about the food, the Octoberfest special I got was a big disappointment. However the beer was good, the desserts sublime and the atmosphere generally nice. The noise level was a bit much, but given that it was 8-9 PM on a Friday it was to expected. Nice place, will probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014I love this place!!! The food is consistently good, the wait staff is always friendly, and the beer is quite fresh. When friends and family come in town, this is my go-to place to take them.Special Features:
- WilburVIPDined on 9/20/2014Seasoning. In food overdone . The desserts were a bit chalky( cupcakes ). Don'. T suggest at all!
- A big favorite of ours!newjerseyfamilyDined on 9/20/2014This is our favorite restaurant. The service is always attentive and friendly, we love the atmosphere, the food, the beer!! I'm not sure I ever had a bad beer here. Get their samplers, as you may find it impossible to narrow down your choice to just one. The food is great - my son the hamburger lover is more than satisfied, yet we get to eat something more adventurous. Always well prepared, never a long wait. My only complaint is I wish it were closer to where I live!! This is the restaurant to go to if your in the area, or for that matter, if your in New Jersey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Brewery and Gastro Pubjagger1227Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent, ever-changing variety of beers on offer, and excellent food that is prepared and presented smartly by friendly, professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dateFirstdatesuccessDined on 9/13/2014Met a first date for dinner. It was a little loud to start but then it quieted down. Staff was very friendly and courteous. Prompt service of dinner. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!BruncherDined on 9/12/2014I enjoyed it....love the sweet potato fries and crab cake sandwich!!!!Special Features:
- Pumpkin DayBayernMikDined on 9/6/2014Iron Hill does an outstanding job with Pumpkin day. Pumpkin Beer tasting and food were right on. We had a Great Time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeFoodie1Dined on 9/5/2014Iron Hill Brewery was great for our small party and very accomedating to our need. Large menu with lot's of interesting choices and service was good. We all enjoyed our meals and feel we will be visiting again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Perfect place to have a great meal with friends. The food is fresh and selection of beers is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost happy dinerhappydinerDined on 8/29/2014This is one of my fav restaurants so when my chicken came out half raw (didn't even have to cut into it, it was visible) I was disappointed. The manager took care of it right away. In the mean time, we waited quite a while for drink refills and had to ask twice. Not their best night. Hopefully this was just a fluke, usually this place is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron hill is competentOldergentlemanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Run by young people, this restaurant has varied price ranges of fairly good food. Not gourmet but good. Big bar scene less TV's then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSAmLVIPDined on 8/23/2014Really great spot with great food and beer. Service is also very good.Special Features:
- Great beer menuRussGDined on 8/22/2014We go to Iron Hill for the beer and great hardy dishes. My favorite appetizer is the sweet potatoe fries that come with 4 delicious dips. In the summer I choose one of their burgers, in the fall and winter I love the stew and chili. All in all a great place to eat and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No wonder it's crowdedGoodEaterDined on 8/22/2014This place is always busy... Appealing menu, nice service, good food. We both had the Moroccan salmon, which was very satisfying and healthful (perfect veggies, too) which made me feel better about the blueberry beer and crostata. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great timeTomjACKSONDined on 8/16/2014Great place, seated right on arrival, nice decor, nice dining rooms. Food was outstanding from start to finish. My waitress (Diane) was very attentive, friendly and helpful with our food choices. Looking forward to a repeat visit.Special Features:
- Good food, Better beer.dentaldanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Very extensive menu and everything ordered was fresh, but apps only OK on taste. Jagerschnitzel entree was delicious. Great beer. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!!!marshaDined on 8/13/2014Food is always good at the Brewery!!! Love the menu selection and desserts!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very freshVeggiegirlVIPDined on 8/12/2014They brew their own beer and it was very good. I had a hummus plate that was awesome. It had some tomatoes and feta crumbled on top. The salmon burger was great and the coleslaw on top was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent service & beerRickVIPDined on 8/12/20141st, our waiter was fantastic. Very friendly and kept us entertained. I also appreciate that he gave real opinions on the menu. 2nd, the beer was 1st rate. I had a sampling of the 3 IPAs and had the porter and an IPA. All were fantastic. We had the Philly cheese steak egg rolls, which were surprisingly delicious and for dinner I had the jagerschnitzel, which was good but not my favorite (but not bad for a non-German restaurant.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable...MisfitmeDined on 8/12/2014Have eaten here on a number of occasions and have not been disappointed. Fresh, good food. Able to customize dish if you don't like an ingredient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good until the check camekchatzDined on 8/9/2014The food and service were generally good. However, the check came, and we were charged $88 for a $70 food bill. We called the sserver over, and he wasn't even apologetic. I reduced his gratuity from my usual 18-20% to 15%. I think the manager should have come to our table after this mistake/Special Features:
- Nice night outEatingouttonigtDined on 8/1/2014Went out with son and his fiancé and had a wonderful meal. We tried some different beers which were all good. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming consistently goodSteveDined on 8/1/2014This is the second time we've been here in little more than a month and the food and service are remaining at consistently good levels. The flank steak in chili sauce was prepared exactly to medium rare and was properly seasoned and very tasty. Other dishes included the crab cake sandwich, turkey burger and meatloaf and the entire party commented how fresh and delicious the food tasted. Service was professional, friendly and unobtrusive. Of course, the beers are varied and can be paired to match with any of their meals. The beers taste fresh and are also very well crafted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunSusanVIPDined on 8/1/2014There were 9 of us - 6 adults and 3 kids. We were sat in a back dining room - which was great because everyone in our group was comfortable, and the kids were able to be silly and not disturb other diners in the main hall area. Our server was great - she separated our checks and was very attentive. The food was good, but not the best we've had which was a little disappointing. But it was a great night overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchBlueRidgeTravellerDined on 7/31/2014This chain is an absolute must if you are in close proximity to one, I would drive well over an hour to eat there if we had one here in Virginia. The food is excellent, from the seafood to the classic bar food like the Ribs, I can promise that it will not disappoint. The salmon spring rolls might be the best appetizer I have ever had. The brews are out of this world with a selection that will be sure to have you coming back and telling all of your friends. This is a true one of a kind place, check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad serviceironhillneedshelpDined on 7/31/2014we had very bad service at the restaurant. The wrong food was brought to our table. When our food was finally brought out only three out of the four entrees were delivered. The fourth entree was not delivered until 15 minutes after the others were. Nothing was done or said except I'm sorry. That's bad customer service.Special Features:
- Always goodgoodstuffVIPDined on 7/27/2014Really good for a burger and beer, pizza is really decent. I would tend to stay away from the entrees as they do not seem to handle as well. When a burger and beer fix is needed, this is the place in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 88% OutstandingSoJerseyGirlDined on 7/26/20147 out of 8 meals and appetizers outstanding. Beef tips were very tough. Waitress was wonderful. Less than 2 hours with 8 people.Special Features:
- Overall gooddsj812Dined on 7/23/2014Service was very good. Selection of beers to choose from was a treat. Everyone at our table enjoyed the food although the roll for my sandwich was not as fresh from what I get at other comparable restaurants.Special Features:
- Love It!!VeganVidaDined on 7/19/2014Iron Hill is one of my favorite places around. The menu has a variety of different kinds of options (from hummus platters to baked Mac and cheese to personal pizzas to juicy steak. Oh, and don't skip the fried calamari!), and includes a "Healthy Option" section with limited-calorie plates. Many options are or can be made vegetarian or vegan-friendly. The ambiance is cool and comfortable so you can dress up for date night or dress down for a casual lunch. And I always joke that the friendly and personable staff rivals that of Disney World...I kid you not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- railDined on 7/19/2014Very good food and craft beers. Pub setting with friendly service. Try the salmon spring rolls for excellent presentation and taste. Always a large crowd but tables turn over fast. Reservations can be made for six or more.Special Features:
- I love this place!TeenageShutdownDined on 7/14/2014I've went to Iron Hill Brewery occasionally over the last 4 years. I can honestly never had a bad meal, beer, or server. The waiters/ waitresses are knowledgeable & appear to enjoy working there. They will have conversations with you & are personable. They have one of the best customer service I've experienced. The beer is great (and potent) You cannot get a bad one here. Just make sure you make reservations or chances are you will be waiting awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to Iron Hill in Maple ShadeBarbDined on 7/13/2014We go to Iron Hill in Maple Shade often. The employees are extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. Food is great and the rest of the family always tries the new beers.Special Features:
- lrk7Dined on 7/13/2014We had the prime rib special and thought the meat was tasteless. The chef could ramp up the flavor with a little seasoning.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentLoriRVIPDined on 7/12/2014We've been to Iron Hill many times. We often choose it when we need to please a diverse group, including our kids, our parents and us. The beers are great and the food is consistently excellent. I tried the scallops this time, and loved them!Special Features:
- Enjoyable as usual.MaureenDined on 7/12/2014We eat at Iron Hill quite often. The beer selection is interesting if you are a beer lover, and the food is consistently good. There's enough variety on the menu that you can get a full dinner or just a sandwich. We always enjoy it there.Special Features:
- Flat Iron SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014The beer, appetizers, and dessert are great. I was not thrilled with the main course of a flat iron steak including the price for how small and unflavored it was.Special Features:
- Always GoodCherylpd1Dined on 7/3/2014Whether with a group of friends or family, or just a couple of us for a dinner out, we always have a good meal and enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.