Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
10435 State Route 108
also known as Clarksville Pike
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ironbridgewines.com/
- Phone: 4109973456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Dinner All Day from 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party availability changes with day and time requested. For more information please contact Jessica Barber at 410.997.3456
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Barber 4109973456
- Entertainment: We conduct casual wine tastings on select Monday evenings from 6:00-7:00.
A word from Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
Top notch restaurant and wine bar featuring a 35+ wine-by-the-glass offering, wine tasting flights, a full service restaurant highlighting small plate entrees, as well as a boutique retail wine shop that boasts an unusual collection of wines from around the world. Purchase a bottle to drink with dinner and pay just $10 over retail cost! A full bar with signature cocktails using house made infusions and bottled beers are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (162)fit for foodies (150)special occasion (116)neighborhood gem (112)romantic (86)great for lunch (52)great for brunch (33)good for groups (25)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent food and wineMarioDined on 10/15/2014We were here for a birthday celebration. The outside is certainly unassuming; it almost looks like a family home, certainly not like an upscale restaurant. The interior is simply decorated as well, but that's where the simplicity stops. The food was absolutely excellent, and the wine selection was more than ample. Our waitress offered a number of selections based upon our preferences, and the selected wine was just what we were looking for. Definitely will be coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I have been here three or four times and have found the menu varied and quite good....I have recommended this restaurant to many friends.Special Features:
- great food!mbsafoodloverDined on 10/10/2014Loved our appetizers, loved our entrees, but our desserts were good but not outstanding. still a lovely mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but pricy winesRWoodBVIPDined on 10/9/2014I have not found better mussels in MD or DC. They are plump and moist, and the broth has the right balance of garlic and other ingredients. As Iron Bridge is a wine store as well as a restaurant, the wine selection is very good, but $32 for a bottle of 2012 Achaval Ferrer Malbec before a $15 corkage is added (except on Thursdays when corkage is waived) is unreasonable. I can purchase this wine for less than $20 a bottle at another wine store. If I purchase a case, the price is discounted 20 percent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, if packedGrumpyOldDudeDined on 10/8/2014Iron Bridge continues to be a great place for a fine dinner or lunch. If you don't go nuts, you can have several glasses of wine and very nice dining experience for about 100 bucks apiece, including a 20% tip. I wasn't bowled over by the wine, but it was all interesting and thoughtfully varied, including an nice white from Gascony (I was warned it was a little sweet, and it was) and a good red Rhone. The menu is still sensibly modest. My wife and I agreed everything we had was really excellent, including roasted octopus, cunning little duck croquettes, and a lovely bit of roast pork. One does need to make a reservation. We were at the restaurant from 6:30-8:30 on a Thursday night, and the joint was hopping the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExceptionalTKreitDined on 10/7/2014This was a girls night out and we had an amazing time. The food was out of this world good. The service is always top notch. I love this place! I recommend checking out what is going on with the restaurant prior to making your reservations. We decided on the Tuesday because of the featured Winery that evening. Would have missed that if we stuck to the original plan of Monday. Also, spice things up. I have often given the server a price point and asked them to surprise me with a wine selection for the evening. I have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and winegeomayDined on 10/5/2014Another outstanding meal at Iron Bridge Wine Company. I had the salmon and my wife had the shrimp and grits. Interesting new pinot noir from Washington state. We are wiling to drive 20 miles for the apple crisp desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delcious Meal….Lovely Setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014Very impressed w/ management. A friend's dish was not to her liking and they immediately offered to replace it with something else. Food and service was great!Special Features:
- great placeMermaidDined on 10/5/2014As always, Iron Bridge winery was a great experience with dining, ambience & good food. The staff is knowledgeable (sp) & attentive.Special Features:
- First TimeMactacDined on 10/4/2014Friendly, fun. A bit noisy at times. Drink order to table a little bit slow. Food excellent. Our server Jess was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great TimechefeddieDined on 10/2/2014We went to Iron Bridge the other night with friends and well, everything was perfect. The food was wonderful. My wife had the octopus special and she loved it. I tried some too and wow. Please tell the chef and the rest of the kitchen staff that they are at least 5 stars. The service was wonderful. We have been to many restaurants over many years and it is the service that makes or breaks a restaurant. Iron Bridge knows how to please their diners!!!! We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron Bridge Wine CompanyMichelleDined on 10/2/2014Great for a business lunch, or an evening out with friends. Great food options... everything was fresh and delicious! Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchCharlieDined on 9/30/2014Ordered shrimp w/grits. 5 shrimp served w/ about 1/2 cup of thinly spread grits for $24 was a bit pricey. I wouldn't order that again. The key lime dessert w/ pineapple chutney was delicious; it was served in something which looked like an empty jam jar. The squash soup was nothing special. My friend had a delicious salad and pizza/.flatbread and received a complimentary dessert for her birthday. Her meal was quite good compared to mine. More "generous" portions should be considered.Special Features:
- First Time But Not the LastClarksvilledinerDined on 9/29/2014We have driven past Iron Bridge for year and finally stopped. The service was attentive but not hovering. The servers teamed up so we were never unattended. The food was outstanding. This was our first time to Iron Bridge and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Date NightMikeyDined on 9/27/2014I took my girlfriend out to eat at this restaurant. We had a great time. The server was very friendly. She recommended a wine that my gi friend loved! The food was delicious. She had the steak and I had the 1/2 chicken. The wine pairing that were suggested where great! We had a lot of fun. I would recommend this place to others in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- look twicerepeDined on 9/26/2014Don't be fooled by the outside. The atmosphere, food and wine selection in the inside is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJBekVIPDined on 9/26/2014Pork was fabulous. Rockfish small portion ans not anything special.Special Features:
- food temperature issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014The main courses for a table of four came at cool temperatures and the dessert was cold.Special Features:
- Very good valueRWoodBVIPDined on 9/24/2014The $18 lunch special featuring several appetizer and several entree options is a very good value. While my favorite is the mussels appetizer, the mezze plate is a close second. The entrees include a large vegetable sandwich with a choice of several sides. As the restaurant is also a wine store, the selection is excellent. For after the meal, there is a strong espresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Satifies!DebbieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Iron Bridge has been a favorite of ours since it opened. The food is always great. Jeanine is a fabulous server. On a recent visit had a pork tenderloin dish that was flavorful & tender. The Duck confit with beans & kale was also exceptional. There are new things on the menu to check. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Always terrific!BillsbestfriendVIPDined on 9/22/2014The biggest problem is getting in to have the wonderful meals - they are always packed which is the best indication of how good they really are! We have been going since they opened & will continue - great food, great service - all together, over the top!Special Features:
- CharlesVIPDined on 9/22/2014Columbia location - Food and service is always excellent! Never had a bad meal and we go often. I like that they will switch out the shrimp for scallops in the shrimp and grits preparation.Special Features:
- An evening at Iron BridgeCapsFanVIPDined on 9/21/2014Despite being pretty much out of the way of anywhere, the place was packed on a Sunday night. Lots of interesting items on the menu, duck cassolet (really duck confit) was especially delicious. A wonderful wine list and really fine service.Special Features:
- Great food/wine!FoodfanaticDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful dining experience- the food was amazing and the service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron Bridge Wine Company - DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I was at Iron Bridge with my wife for a dinner. I had a reservation at 9.30 pm, got there at 9.15 pm and was waiting at the bar for our reserved table until 9.50 PM. The food and wine were great, service was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon delightFerliseVIPDined on 9/16/2014A friend and I had a delightful quiet lunch here in the middle of the week. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. a distinct contrast to the bustling dinnertime activity. We shared the always scrumptious crunchy brussel sprouts. I had the tasty black bean soup and an asparagus salad that was quite good. My friend had a very filling and delicious hamburger. I haven't dined here for lunch in over six years and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinner datePatrickDined on 9/15/2014The wife and I met here so we decided to celebrate our 2nd anniversary here. The staff took excellent care of us, and the food was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchMsMontanaDined on 9/14/2014My friend and I like to celebrate our friendship by enjoying a great lunch/brunch/dinner somewhere in the local area. Iron Bridge was the perfect location and the food was amazing; fresh and seasoned perfectly. Kate our server was very knowledgeable about the prep and ingredients of our selections. It was all good. From beginning to end. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The service is always good, but seating is crowded and noise levels can be tough. The food seems to have lost a step from the past, and entrees are pricey for the quality. The wines are always interesting and the staff knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Wine, Neat DecorLos4WineDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant was cozy and warm when you come in. Large dining table in the middle of the main dining area for large parties, which I would like to come back for. The food was reasonably priced for delicious dishes and a fabulous wine selection. My wife had ordered her dessert with the paired wine, and it matched perfectly - I'd like to see how the other pairings matched up. I will be coming back to the restaurant with friends in tow.Special Features:
- MacChezDined on 9/10/2014The SOUS-VIDE PORK CHOP was fantastic! Tender, moist, close to the best Pork Chop I have ever had...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The wine was ok, nothing special and reds served a little warmer then they probably should be. The food was fantastic though! The burrata was a newly discovered dish I will not soon forget, highly recommend! The main dishes and desserts were also very well made and tasted delicious. I will be back, but next time will probably select a wine for the table as opposed to the flight as it was just not up to the quality of the rest of the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful night out to celebrate a birthday. Extra special treat was that our table had a birthday card for my husband signed by all the staff! Food was great, unique but not too wierd for the fussy.Special Features:
- WineguyDined on 9/3/2014Had a great tasting flatbread pizza and bottle of vino that was terrific! It was a laid back affair with the impeccable service from ALL the staff. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! Loved it!!CarolynDined on 9/3/2014First visit for a business meeting with an old colleague. This was the perfect spot. Food was fantastic (totally do the steak special), the wine selection was interesting and of very high quality, and the staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. The wine recommendations paired beautifully with the meal, and the dessert & port selection was lovely. we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The Wine Place to GoJazzmanDined on 9/2/2014Unfortunately the menu is small with limited choices, so you have to get lucky. The menu does change very often so many of the same items. Also the prices are expensive; a glass of Chalone Chardonnay was $15 and dinners ran $24 per person, so it was an expensive night out for dinner and a couple glasses of wine. However that being said, we love the Iron Bridge for the ambience, wine list and special occasions. Looking forward to the wine tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated in a country settingkay2838Dined on 9/2/2014I enjoying having lunch at Iron Bridge--meeting a friend or two--and talking for at least an hour. Having a glass of wine or tasty tart Margarita. The pace is relaxed; the food, excellent; and the service, ditto. It certainly could be romantic for couples. Yes, I do recommend this place wholeheartedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoshDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful atmosphere amazing food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceDonnaVIPDined on 8/28/2014I am very fond of the Iron Bridge Wine Company. The wine list is extensive and the staff knowledgeable and I have never been disappointed by their recommendation. My favorite side dish is definately the brussel sprouts. They are amazing! I have never had a bad meal here. Love this place and will visit many times to come.Special Features:
- Dinner among the BottlesSparkyVIPDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant is divided into two sections - a wine store with tables and a smaller separate dining area.Overall, the food was quite good and the wine list ($!0 discount on Thursday) includes many interesting wines. The Brussels sprouts ($4.00) make a great appetizer and are very tasty. The dinner menu is not extensive but what we had (hamburger and pasta) were nicely done. Service was very good (Abbey) and contributed to a very pleasant dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.