Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
10435 State Route 108
also known as Clarksville Pike
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ironbridgewines.com/
- Phone: 4109973456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Dinner All Day from 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party availability changes with day and time requested. For more information please contact Jessica Barber at 410.997.3456
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Barber 4109973456
- Entertainment: We conduct casual wine tastings on select Monday evenings from 6:00-7:00.
A word from Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
Top notch restaurant and wine bar featuring a 35+ wine-by-the-glass offering, wine tasting flights, a full service restaurant highlighting small plate entrees, as well as a boutique retail wine shop that boasts an unusual collection of wines from around the world. Purchase a bottle to drink with dinner and pay just $10 over retail cost! A full bar with signature cocktails using house made infusions and bottled beers are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (175)fit for foodies (156)neighborhood gem (120)special occasion (114)romantic (92)great for lunch (59)great for brunch (33)good for groups (32)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- One disapointed nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014My husband and I had great experience last time we were there so we go back again. The hostess seated us at the room with a crowd that was so loud so it was hard for us to have conversation. They only "allow" us to switch seats to the bar if we would like to do that. However, when we just walked into the restaurant not long ago, the main dining room was half empty. The starters that we ordered were great. The wine was great. The main courses were just okay. The bread pudding was not what we expected. It was just like a dense pound cake and on top of that, the size of the bread pudding was only ½ size of what we had last time we were here. I am not sure if I want to go back.Special Features:
- Impressive wine display!GaryDined on 10/27/2014If you enjoy wine with dinner, this is the place to go! Shared a bottle over dinner and bought two to take home. Very neat concept!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak NightpmrthirdVIPDined on 10/27/2014Enjoy the food here so much, my friend and I ate two nights in a row. Steak night included fantastic sweet potato soup (or salad) and very well prepared steak (3 choices) all for about $20. Great wine selection too. Service once again was fantastic. Also the atmosphere is very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Pre FixxepmrthirdVIPDined on 10/26/2014Unbelievable deal on Sundays. 3 course meal for $38 and its right from the menu (no limitations). You pick any starter, entrée and dessert all for $38. Food was fantastic. I had the mussels which were the best and my friend had the grilled octopus which was also very good. Out entrees were great too. I had the special monk fish. And then all desserts included for you to chose one. Yum! Service was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So little foodLInTMDined on 10/25/2014Great food. Beautifully prepared and presented, what there was of it. Had the Stuffed Anaheim Bell Pepper because it was a wonderful vegan option. However, only received 1/2 of a pepper with a small portion of stuffing. Delicious, but left hungry. Recommend purchasing each course, as the entree alone is not enough. Entire group laughed when a "scoop" of ice cream arrived in a 1x1" square dish. Hilarious! Did not like seating in a booth where one side was a low bench and the other side were chairs sitting higher. Awkward to have the guests sitting at different heights. Very knowledgeable server, especially with information about the wine selection. Did not feel rushed. Would recommend, just be advised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Nice PlaceylenadDined on 10/24/2014I love the fact that this restaurant sources from Maryland farms. I got the beef shoulder and it was excellent! I've come here three times and every time the food was delicious. The two times we came for dinner, the service was fantastic. However, when we came for lunch last year, the server forgot to put in our appetizer order.
- Fine Dining on the FarmfoodfanaticDined on 10/24/2014Great atmosphere and wine list. A must visit for true foodies, but not the place to take a large group. We sampled three entrees that included fish and the steak, and they were cooked to perfection. The salad portions were very small, but equally good. The cheese selection was divine, and my favorite part of any meal. The bread pudding was dry, but the warm apple tart was perfect. The flights of wine were a fun way to sample different wines from around the world. Great place for a date or a 'girls night out'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot on as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This is one of our "go to" places when we want quality food served in a nice atmosphere with great service without needing to dress up. Food is always top notch and the staff is starting to consider us regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch farebmorediner2Dined on 10/24/2014We had been here for dinner and were very impressed, but found that they also have a great lunch menu. The veggie sandwich and the quiche both amply portioned, and even though the accompanying salad was small it provided a perfect complement to the other food. For dessert the apple crisp and pumpkin panna cotta were both five star. Atmosphere was just as nice in daylight, even though it's on busy MD 108. There are some strategic plantings in front of the windows and the view beyond is of Clark's Elioak Farm. An awesome fall setting for lunch. Difficullt to remember the days when this was a biker bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!EliseDined on 10/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner - met friends who had never dined here and they loved it! The roasted pepper/tomato soup was divine and the shoulder tenderloin cooked perfected! We definitely will return!Special Features:
- Homey, if you live in a fancy barKingOfChardonnayDined on 10/21/2014Excellent place to get some great wine and delicious food. The menu even offers pairings, which is nice for novices such as myself. The seating on the bar side was a little cramped. It seemed weird that a fancy place would have bench seating, but hey, that's just me. Make sure you call to make sure your reservation was confirmed, as ours was not. They did however, have a confirmation from a reservation I made two years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodYummmmDined on 10/20/2014Food was great as always, however this time the service was a bit slow. Our server was extremely nice and polite, but seemed overwhelmed with her huge party. We often had to ask for things a few times, aside from that. Food was absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- Always love the Bridge!JackieVIPDined on 10/19/2014It is so great to have this neighborhood gem in such a convenient location. They make us feel like family.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 10/19/2014As always, the food and service was excellent. Our reservation was for 4:30 on Sunday, and we arrived on time. The dinner specials were not available till 5:00 PM, so we ordered some appetizers for the three of us to share and a glass of wine for each. The Chorizo Braised Calamari was superb, along with the Three Cheese Plate. We were just getting thrugh our appitezers when it was 5:00 PM and we ordered dinner. My wife and I got the New York Strip Steak, and my daughter wanted the Shrimp & Grits. Both steaks were outstanding, very tender, juicy, and flavorfull without being bloody (which my wife doesn't like). We hardly needed the steak knives they gave us to cut them. My daughter said the shrimp had a great flavor,mwhich just the right amount of spicyness. For our dinner wine we ordered the recommended pairing for the steak, and it was so good I bought a case to take home with us. Overall a memorable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placemsmdDined on 10/18/2014an old standby. always love going here. food was excellent as usual. but service was slow. after being seated did not see a server to greet us for over 10 minutes.Special Features:
- One of the Best!DipstickDined on 10/18/2014This was our second visit and we brought friends who just loved it. We dine out often and I would recommend to anyone who enjoys good food and wine. Qtr's are close but the atmosphere and restruant staff are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks for another wonder evening!Special Features:
- Third time is still a charm!LyrexisDined on 10/18/2014Love this place! I've been three times already, and each time makes me want to come back!Special Features:
- Excellent food and wineMarioDined on 10/15/2014We were here for a birthday celebration. The outside is certainly unassuming; it almost looks like a family home, certainly not like an upscale restaurant. The interior is simply decorated as well, but that's where the simplicity stops. The food was absolutely excellent, and the wine selection was more than ample. Our waitress offered a number of selections based upon our preferences, and the selected wine was just what we were looking for. Definitely will be coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I have been here three or four times and have found the menu varied and quite good....I have recommended this restaurant to many friends.Special Features:
- great food!mbsafoodloverDined on 10/10/2014Loved our appetizers, loved our entrees, but our desserts were good but not outstanding. still a lovely mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but pricy winesRWoodBVIPDined on 10/9/2014I have not found better mussels in MD or DC. They are plump and moist, and the broth has the right balance of garlic and other ingredients. As Iron Bridge is a wine store as well as a restaurant, the wine selection is very good, but $32 for a bottle of 2012 Achaval Ferrer Malbec before a $15 corkage is added (except on Thursdays when corkage is waived) is unreasonable. I can purchase this wine for less than $20 a bottle at another wine store. If I purchase a case, the price is discounted 20 percent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, if packedGrumpyOldDudeDined on 10/8/2014Iron Bridge continues to be a great place for a fine dinner or lunch. If you don't go nuts, you can have several glasses of wine and very nice dining experience for about 100 bucks apiece, including a 20% tip. I wasn't bowled over by the wine, but it was all interesting and thoughtfully varied, including an nice white from Gascony (I was warned it was a little sweet, and it was) and a good red Rhone. The menu is still sensibly modest. My wife and I agreed everything we had was really excellent, including roasted octopus, cunning little duck croquettes, and a lovely bit of roast pork. One does need to make a reservation. We were at the restaurant from 6:30-8:30 on a Thursday night, and the joint was hopping the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExceptionalTKreitDined on 10/7/2014This was a girls night out and we had an amazing time. The food was out of this world good. The service is always top notch. I love this place! I recommend checking out what is going on with the restaurant prior to making your reservations. We decided on the Tuesday because of the featured Winery that evening. Would have missed that if we stuck to the original plan of Monday. Also, spice things up. I have often given the server a price point and asked them to surprise me with a wine selection for the evening. I have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and winegeomayDined on 10/5/2014Another outstanding meal at Iron Bridge Wine Company. I had the salmon and my wife had the shrimp and grits. Interesting new pinot noir from Washington state. We are wiling to drive 20 miles for the apple crisp desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delcious Meal….Lovely Setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014Very impressed w/ management. A friend's dish was not to her liking and they immediately offered to replace it with something else. Food and service was great!Special Features:
- great placeMermaidDined on 10/5/2014As always, Iron Bridge winery was a great experience with dining, ambience & good food. The staff is knowledgeable (sp) & attentive.Special Features:
- First TimeMactacDined on 10/4/2014Friendly, fun. A bit noisy at times. Drink order to table a little bit slow. Food excellent. Our server Jess was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great TimechefeddieDined on 10/2/2014We went to Iron Bridge the other night with friends and well, everything was perfect. The food was wonderful. My wife had the octopus special and she loved it. I tried some too and wow. Please tell the chef and the rest of the kitchen staff that they are at least 5 stars. The service was wonderful. We have been to many restaurants over many years and it is the service that makes or breaks a restaurant. Iron Bridge knows how to please their diners!!!! We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron Bridge Wine CompanyMichelleDined on 10/2/2014Great for a business lunch, or an evening out with friends. Great food options... everything was fresh and delicious! Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchCharlieDined on 9/30/2014Ordered shrimp w/grits. 5 shrimp served w/ about 1/2 cup of thinly spread grits for $24 was a bit pricey. I wouldn't order that again. The key lime dessert w/ pineapple chutney was delicious; it was served in something which looked like an empty jam jar. The squash soup was nothing special. My friend had a delicious salad and pizza/.flatbread and received a complimentary dessert for her birthday. Her meal was quite good compared to mine. More "generous" portions should be considered.Special Features:
- First Time But Not the LastClarksvilledinerDined on 9/29/2014We have driven past Iron Bridge for year and finally stopped. The service was attentive but not hovering. The servers teamed up so we were never unattended. The food was outstanding. This was our first time to Iron Bridge and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Date NightMikeyDined on 9/27/2014I took my girlfriend out to eat at this restaurant. We had a great time. The server was very friendly. She recommended a wine that my gi friend loved! The food was delicious. She had the steak and I had the 1/2 chicken. The wine pairing that were suggested where great! We had a lot of fun. I would recommend this place to others in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- look twicerepeDined on 9/26/2014Don't be fooled by the outside. The atmosphere, food and wine selection in the inside is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJBekVIPDined on 9/26/2014Pork was fabulous. Rockfish small portion ans not anything special.Special Features:
- food temperature issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014The main courses for a table of four came at cool temperatures and the dessert was cold.Special Features:
- Very good valueRWoodBVIPDined on 9/24/2014The $18 lunch special featuring several appetizer and several entree options is a very good value. While my favorite is the mussels appetizer, the mezze plate is a close second. The entrees include a large vegetable sandwich with a choice of several sides. As the restaurant is also a wine store, the selection is excellent. For after the meal, there is a strong espresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Satifies!DebbieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Iron Bridge has been a favorite of ours since it opened. The food is always great. Jeanine is a fabulous server. On a recent visit had a pork tenderloin dish that was flavorful & tender. The Duck confit with beans & kale was also exceptional. There are new things on the menu to check. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Always terrific!BillsbestfriendVIPDined on 9/22/2014The biggest problem is getting in to have the wonderful meals - they are always packed which is the best indication of how good they really are! We have been going since they opened & will continue - great food, great service - all together, over the top!Special Features:
- CharlesVIPDined on 9/22/2014Columbia location - Food and service is always excellent! Never had a bad meal and we go often. I like that they will switch out the shrimp for scallops in the shrimp and grits preparation.Special Features:
- An evening at Iron BridgeCapsFanVIPDined on 9/21/2014Despite being pretty much out of the way of anywhere, the place was packed on a Sunday night. Lots of interesting items on the menu, duck cassolet (really duck confit) was especially delicious. A wonderful wine list and really fine service.Special Features: