Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
10435 State Route 108
also known as Clarksville Pike
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ironbridgewines.com/
- Phone: 4109973456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Dinner All Day from 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party availability changes with day and time requested. For more information please contact Jessica Barber at 410.997.3456
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Barber 4109973456
- Entertainment: We conduct casual wine tastings on select Monday evenings from 6:00-7:00.
A word from Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
Top notch restaurant and wine bar featuring a 35+ wine-by-the-glass offering, wine tasting flights, a full service restaurant highlighting small plate entrees, as well as a boutique retail wine shop that boasts an unusual collection of wines from around the world. Purchase a bottle to drink with dinner and pay just $10 over retail cost! A full bar with signature cocktails using house made infusions and bottled beers are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (172)fit for foodies (156)special occasion (129)neighborhood gem (118)romantic (95)great for lunch (56)great for brunch (36)good for groups (27)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (16)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Wonderful atmosphere amazing food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner among the BottlesSparkyVIPDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant is divided into two sections - a wine store with tables and a smaller separate dining area.Overall, the food was quite good and the wine list ($!0 discount on Thursday) includes many interesting wines. The Brussels sprouts ($4.00) make a great appetizer and are very tasty. The dinner menu is not extensive but what we had (hamburger and pasta) were nicely done. Service was very good (Abbey) and contributed to a very pleasant dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014We have eaten at Iron Bridge hundreds of times. Have yet to be dissappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the perfect noteFerliseVIPDined on 8/24/2014Has been a while since dining here but Iron Bridge continues to deliver. Burrata and tomato jam delicious, brussel sprouts delicious and a perfectly cooked buttery trout were highlights, as well as unbelievably tender sous vide pork in a peach glaze on a bed of hominy/bacon sauté made for a great Sunday dinner, topped off with a light key lime panna cotta. A sure thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time thereColumbia2Dined on 8/23/2014The decor is very cozy and welcoming, but too dimly lit in some spots. We had a small table for two in the back section and there was no direct light from above, no candle on the table or wall sconce nearby. We had to use our cell phones to illuminate the menu well enough to see it. Although its known for its wine selection, we both opted for specialty cocktails and were pleased with those. The apps and starters were very good, but the entrees fell somewhat short in comparison. The NY strip steak I ordered was cooked beyond my requested medium, and the scallop portions on my wife's entree were stingy to say the least. Cost vs. result...we've had better elsewhere for less. It might be worth visiting for the wine, though.Special Features:
- Hidden GemluvfinerthingsDined on 8/22/2014The Iron Bridge Wine Company was a pleasant surprise to my husband and myself and was exceptional from the service to the food and wine. It was our wedding anniversary and they provided complimentary champagne. The staff even gave us a card congratulating us on our joyous occasion. I would definitely visit the establishment again!! I had the Lobster and Shrimp Risotto and my husband had the pan-seared scallops. Both dishes were delicious and the sauces were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Perfect place for pleasant conversation and wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed!DebbieVIPDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I dined here on his birthday and we had a wonderful dinner. The food never disappoints. Fish dishes are especially well done. Our server was knowledgeable and we enjoyed a great bottle of wine. All in all a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014I went there a few years ago and did not have a good experience so when I received a gift certificate I was not really excited to go but I was pleasantly surprised. On my first visit I found the plates ridiculously small and wine prices too high although service was good. All these issues were corrected and I will be back!Special Features:
- A Night with FriendsBridgedenizensDined on 8/17/2014We've been to most of DC's highest-rated restaurants, others around the country, and a few in Europe. Although many were superlative, the Bridge beats them all in friendly atmosphere and value. It's simply the best place to have excellent wine with consistently excellent (sometimes exceptional), imaginative dishes using the best ingredients, at fair price. The wine list is extensive and very reasonably priced--the markup is a flat $10 over already fair (often best in town) prices. Wow! The Bridge has been our favorite place to be for more than a decade, and will remain our restaurant of choice for fine-dining, and evening with friends, or just a nice lunch or dinner because....Special Features:
- Small place, great atmosphere/foodMattBDined on 8/16/2014This is a small place that has an upscale feel to it, in between casual and fine dining. The food was displayed well and tasted great. They have an extensive wine list and their service was outstanding. I would definitely recommend to anyone, I would say reservations are a must. Also of note, I would leave the children under teenage years at home for this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experienceRichG1984Dined on 8/15/2014I took a girl out here for our first date on Saturday night. I had never been to Iron Bridge before but heard nothing but good things. I was not let down. They have a great selection of wines and a staff who is familiar enough with it to make meaningful recommendations. The food there was excellent, I had a duck beast special and the lovely lady had the asparagus salad. Overall, it was a great experience. I will define be coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food & wine!mbsafoodloverDined on 8/13/2014DH and I had a great impromptu dining experience here at Iron Bridge. It was our 3rd time, and we have never been disappointed at all with the food or the wine. We like the fact that the servers are knowledgeable about the wine and suggest very nice pairings based on a client's stated preferences. Just top notch all around. The charcuterie plate is not to be missed - we tend to order it every time we come, as it seems to change seasonally. Always meets our (now high) expectations. The 3 items (starter, dinner & dessert) for $38 was a nice surprise (I think it was for restaurant week). We always seem to buy at least one of the wines we've ordered by the glass, also. The retail prices for that wine is also competitive. Recommended!Special Features:
- Always Enjoyablekay2838Dined on 8/13/2014This last time, I was to meet a friend for lunch; however, she had called in the morning to say she was going to recover from cold, and wanted to re-schedule. I missed the call, and ended up having a delicious omelet and glass of wine solo.Special Features:
- Great if you don't want to talkTripaddictionVIPDined on 8/12/2014So as always the food was great, wines interesting and service good. However it is IMPOSSIBLE to hold a conversation without screaming. We spent the entire evening saying "say that again?" And "what was that?". Totally frustrating to have such a distraction from the otherwise very good restaurant. Put some carpet down and some curtains up to improve the acoustics!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, good servicennebbDined on 8/11/2014Deserving of its excellent reputation, we had a lovely birthday dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite restaurantsMermaidDined on 8/10/2014I just love going to Iron Bridge Winery. It's always a hit with guests & for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!savta3Dined on 8/10/2014The food is always delicious and beautifully plated. Service is attentive without being intrusive. Our only wish is that they had better sound-quieting materials on the ceiling and floors. It is a very small place, and active conversations tend to reverberate, even more so for those of us with hearing aids. We try to accommodate for this by going early and finishing before the crowds come. Be sure to sign up for their birthday and anniversary specials.Special Features:
- InconsistentfoodExpertDined on 8/9/2014The service is consistently good but the food is unpredictable. Sometimes, is fabulous and other time is disappointing.Special Features:
- always a pleasure at Iron BridgeTheresaDined on 8/9/2014... when you are able to actually get a reservation or arrive early enough to be seated within a reasonable time. Definitely make a reservation and then enjoy the wonderful food that is fresh, local, seasonal and prepared very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb lunchPatRDined on 8/8/2014My friend and I both enjoyed our selections. The wine was a delightful addition to the meal. Our servers were friendly, professional and were attentive without being overbearing. I have been there several times and I look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Farm to Table RestaurantAprilADined on 8/6/2014Our Go-to is Woodberry Kitchen but we thought we'd try something more local. The food was tasty, but the portions were off. The creamy corn chowder was so heavy and with a big portion I really filled up. I couldn't but a few bites of the pork I ordered. My dessert portion was huge (panna cotta) but my husband's (ice cream cone) was tiny. The wine was wonderful and the server was very helpful when it came to choosing the right wine. I would go back but I still think Woodberry has the best farm to table experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemBrianDined on 8/3/2014People might drive by this small restaurant set in the rolling hills of Columbia, but inside are some of the best wines and chef-perfected dishes I've ever tasted. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!LyrexisDined on 8/3/2014This is my third time going, and they have stayed consistent in their excellent food, great wine, and superior customer service!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Great food, wine & service. The restaurant staff were all very friendly & prompt to serve us.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Went for Howard County restaurant week. They do not skimp by offering the entire menu as part of the deal. Wine selection was awesome, waitress was very helpful in making recommendations that did not disappoint.Special Features:
- 31 JulyRLA52Dined on 7/31/2014Both entrees excellent (pork chop sous-vide and shrimp-lobster risotto) as were salads and desserts. Suggested wine (dry riesling) excellent with both entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little gem improvesf1fanDined on 7/30/2014it started small, and now it's grown in size and popularity. Reservations highly recommend (once upon a time they didn't take them), and it will be worth it. The wine is still the draw, but the food is an excellent support. A definite place to return.Special Features:
- Best in ColumbiaRWoodBVIPDined on 7/29/2014While the lunch menu is limited, all of the dishes I have tried have consisted of quality ingredients that have been prepared with attention to detail. The mussels the restaurant serves are more plump than at any other restaurant I frequent, and the broth balances the garlic particularly well with the other ingredients. The $18 lunch special, which includes an appetizer and an entree, is a very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Excellent FoodKennDined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating a birthday at Iron Bridge Wine Company in Columbia. It began with a birthday card from the restaurant staff and ended with an amazing chocolate bread pudding. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitJohnDined on 7/27/2014The Columbia area has several choices for fine dining. The Iron Bridge Wine Company is at the top of our list. We had a special occasion to celebrate, so I made reservations a day in advance. No problem. We arrived late on a Sunday afternoon. Parking was no problem. The restaurant was busy, but not crowded. We were seated immediately. The waitress was courteous, attentive, and knowledgable. She explained the composition of their specials and suggested an excellent wine pairing. Our orders arrived promptly. The preparation was artistically stunning. Although the restaurant's setting (right on Rt 108) and its interior are not fancy, the food is outstanding. The seafood was fresh and delicious. The steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- great environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was great, the service was great, I will definitely keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!BrownfoodgroupieDined on 7/25/2014We love this restaurant- from wine list to dessert! Staff friendly, knowledgable and engaging! Just took friends for their 50th anniversary, who had never been there before , & they loved it! Try buying your wine there too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Hope for MoreFrequentdinerDined on 7/22/2014We go to Aida every now and then and I always hope for an somewhat better experience given the prices. The food lacked seasoning and my appetizer was served lukewarm. Waitress was overbearing and then disappeared. Wine is interesting, but seems overpriced and is served in cheap glasses. Best part was sitting on the porch on a beautiful summer evening.Special Features:
- Iron Bridge is the bestkeygrip19Dined on 7/20/2014Birthday dinner at Iron Bridge did not disappoint. Food, service, wine the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceBeebotDined on 7/20/2014When a couple with whom we are friends recently asked my wife and me to suggest a place where we could meet for "a glass of wine and small plates," I immediately thought of the Iron Bridge. As always, it turned out to be an excellent choice. We shared a couple of very nice bottles of wine, and--after the large, noisy party of diners at the table next to ours finished and left--lingered to enjoy the ambiance and each others' company. It made for a lovely Sunday evening, and a fine way to finish off the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I frequent Iron Bridge Wine Company for our child free date nights. On this particular occasion we were celebrating my Half Birthday which Iron Bridge honors by sending a postcard offering half off your appetizer, entree and dessert up to $22. We had a 5:15pm reservation which is required for a Saturday evening and we were surprised that they seat us upon arrival at 4:50pm. Our waiter was amazing, he wasn't overbearing but showed up just when we needed him. My husband ordered the Lobster and Corn Bisque and soft shell crab entree and raved about how great it was. I had the Chef's Signature Stake and I felt it was under seasoned and over cooked which is the first time I have ever had anything bad to say about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for Wine ConnoisseurLizNDaveDined on 7/18/2014We first went to Iron Bridge ~2009 and were really impressed. While we'd been to fine dining establishments before, this was the first time we had thought the food was worth the price tag that came with it. We've been less impressed with subsequent visits, but still enjoy the restaurant as the place we go for special occasions (in part due to gift certificates we've had). Perhaps some of the draw is lost on us as we're not really wine connoisseurs, but the food should provide consistent home runs on its own. For our next special outing we'll likely try someplace new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousPhalgalDined on 7/16/2014We love Iron Bridge - great food, great service. Don't skip dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a reservation but..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014I made a reservation, but when I got there was seated in the bar area rather than the dining room. Neither was full so I felt I was "sorted" and deemed not dining room worthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.