Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
10435 State Route 108
also known as Clarksville Pike
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ironbridgewines.com/
- Phone: (410) 997-3456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Dinner All Day from 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party availability changes with day and time requested. For more information please contact Jessica Barber at 410.997.3456
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Barber 4109973456
- Entertainment: We conduct casual wine tastings on select Monday evenings from 6:00-7:00.
A word from Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia
Top notch restaurant and wine bar featuring a 35+ wine-by-the-glass offering, wine tasting flights, a full service restaurant highlighting small plate entrees, as well as a boutique retail wine shop that boasts an unusual collection of wines from around the world. Purchase a bottle to drink with dinner and pay just $10 over retail cost! A full bar with signature cocktails using house made infusions and bottled beers are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Iron Bridge Wine Company - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (192)fit for foodies (168)neighborhood gem (131)special occasion (115)romantic (91)great for lunch (66)good for groups (37)great for brunch (32)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (21)scenic view (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014Had a fun evening; a little noisy but the food was good and the service was excellenetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It starts at the front doorSavagesDined on 11/21/2014Server was attentive. All parts of the meal were very good, Hostess could have been more cordial (friendly, inviting) It all starts at the front door. Specifically asked for corner, more private table when making reservations. That was not addressed until I mentioned it. Request was blown off. Need a vibrant good attitude when initially greeting diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid once againPeterVIPDined on 11/19/2014We once again had a solid meal, including beef shoulder tenderloin and the hamburger, which I feel is easily the best in Howard County. Or dessert was apple crisp which was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed by an old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/18/2014Lunched here with two old friends, one of whom knew the place well, for the other a first visit. Waitress left us waiting for long periods (that might be OK at dinner, not at lunch for business people) but above all, after a long wait for ordered entrees, I was served the quiche (how long can that take?) rather than the omelette I ordered. I caught the eye of the maître d', who saw to the correction. The omelette took quite a while to prepare--but it was exquisite, somewhat redeeming the place in my eyes. Disappointed that the long wait for my lunch left me without time to browse the adjoining wineshop, which I ordinarily like to do. Will give them another chance sometime....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, delicious foodNancyCDined on 11/16/2014This has become one of my favorite restaurants, The food is special and the service is great. Also love the location -- a nice country drive from Silver Spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My friends and I had a wonderful meal at Iron Bridge. This is definitely my go-to place for good food, wine and service. The duck confit was tender and richly flavored. We ordered white wine and it was a perfect match to with our meal selection. Our server was always there when needed but not hovering like a mosquito. He was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The wine collection is extensive (over 300) and reasonably priced. It's so nice to have an alternative to the standard chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near perfect casual dininglov2eatDined on 11/14/2014The Iron Bridge Wine Company is located in an area where you would never expect to find a gourmet restaurant with an excellent wine list. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, and the menu is diverse and suitable for any appetite or liefstyle. Dress is casual, but restaurant feels elegant. I cannot imagine that anyone could be disappointed after a meal at the Iron Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interestingly diasappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014If you can't make it at home then this is good option. Nothing wowed me and I really gave it a good shot. Best comment about the food for the evening was my wife stating - "When do you go to the suburbs for great meals? You don't." She had a point and we will no try it again. The environment was interesting too, many of patrons were trying to act like this place deserves a Michelin star, it doesn't. To be fair, if you don't know the difference radicchio and red cabbage this place is ok.
- SusanDined on 11/12/2014The ambiance left a lot to be desired - dark and not at all cozy. The beet salad had mostly greens, the squash soup was topped with marshmallow instead of truffle oil as stated on the menu, the quiche was mostly egg, very few vegetables. However, the apple crisp was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always a winnerKatieVIPDined on 11/11/2014I have been here many times in the past but it had been several years since my last visit. I was glad to see nothing changed. This is a fantastic restaurants with a terrific scene, and I was happy to be able to take out of towners there and "wow" them.Special Features:
- kennethDined on 11/10/2014meatloaf and pork tenderloin were perfect but not enough side vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the best serverTorrent1Dined on 11/9/2014I have never had this server before, he was ok. At first a little slow, then lifted a wine glass from the table hitting the light above and the glass shattered into our food. We ordered the ribeye to find out the guy next to us had ordered the last one 10 min after we ordered. : (Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwayschloedinesDined on 11/8/2014For great food in a great atmosphere and an excellent wait staff, you just can't beat IBWC!Special Features:
- Too FastDiegotoadDined on 11/8/2014This was one of the few times I've gone to a restaurant and felt rushed. Everything was picked up as soon as we finished and entrees were delivered in under 5 minutes from ordering. Felt like we were not to linger. Wanted to get a second glass of wine but everything was done so quickly the meal was essentially over before I had a chance. The food was good and the wine list very interesting and comprehensive. Wait staff was very attentive, almost too much so. Felt like they really wanted to turn the table over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014This is just such a great little restaurant. Food is great, service likewise. Portions while not large, are ample for us. I had the shoulder steak, and it was lean and tasty. Many gluten free dishes on the menu as well. Reserve early, as this place fills quickly on weekend nights. Menu selection is fairly extensive and wide ranging, breadth of which will satisfy nearly every palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerMcCaffery2Dined on 11/7/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Iron Bridge. The layout is a bit intimate, they do a lot with a limited amount of space. I wish they had Portuguese wine but outside of Port, it's not the easiest to find Portuguese wine around here. The food was nice and well portioned if you were having a starter as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed dining experienceLilyDined on 11/7/2014I was there to celebrate my birthday with family. It was chilly night and we wanted to sit in the room with the fireplace (requested this in advance). We were seated in that room but close to the entrance door and if there was a fire going, we didn't see it as it was hidden by the bar. The food was yummy so we were pleased with that. However, the appetizers were served without appetizer plates (and they were definitely needed). Had to ask two wait staff members for them before we actually got them. The restaurant does not give a free or even a sample dessert to the birthday person. Instead you get a card signed by all the people that work at the restaurant. I suppose that's a nice touch but since I don't know any of them and they don't know me, I'd rather have the dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazling eveningCeciliaDined on 11/6/2014It was a spectacular first time visit and would definitely patronize again. What a quaint location and beautiful setting. The wine offerings are out of this world and it was a very lovely dinner with great friends! We had great service and enjoyed the entire evening!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemJeffDined on 11/5/2014This place is basically a wine bar that serves great food. My wife and I usually swap all courses to be able to taste more offerings. Thus I had octopus, sweetbreads, beef and a kale and ricotta cannelloni dish. All were excellent. Three courses for $38 (appetizer, entrée and dessert) - can't be beat. Wonderful choices of wines by the bottle or glass with the ability to buy a bottle to take home. What could be better!Special Features:
- Lively, sparkling evening!DinerouseDined on 11/3/2014Unique restaurant for this area. Knowledgeable servers, attentive service built around the wines. Food (the stuffed oysters) tasty. A nice alternative to the restaurants in downtown Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious but inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014We were a party of four. Our waitress was friendly but couldn't pronounce some of food names on that night's specials. My husband received the wrong meal which was replaced but not until we were half finished. The steak knives are not sharp. Difficulty cutting my tri-tip. All was fast. Loved the tomato red pepper bisque.Special Features:
- ParalynnaBBGuestsDined on 11/2/2014Wonderful dinner birthday celebration with great drinks, delicious food and good service. Like the personal touch of the management. Appreciate the discount for staying at The Columbia Inn at Parralynna .Special Features:
- pick your table carefullyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Request a seat in the dining room with the actual wine bar. DO NOT sit in room with large center table unless you like shouting and being shouted at. This restaurant has the potential to be a great place to meet up with a friend or two or take your special someone out for a great dinner and glass of wine. Be careful, your evening may be ruined by the noise in the larger of the two dining rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Food and service was outstanding. I will be back. Highly RecommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014The food was unique, warm and delicious. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Always a wonderful experience---excellent wait staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to Excel!DebbieVIPDined on 10/29/2014My husband & I dined here on a recent Wednesday evening. Our meal was excellent as always. There are some new & interesting additions to the menu. I had the Fall Salad with poached pears and duck confit. Fabulous! My husband had the Burratta with tomato jam which is always excellent & hard to resist. For main courses, I had a Mahi Mahi special and he had the cannolini with ricotta and kale and a sausage red sauce. Delicious! We shared a coconut chocolate bread pudding. Need I say more? We also shared an excellent bottle of wine recommended by our knowledgeable waiter. Throughly enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- One disapointed nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014My husband and I had great experience last time we were there so we go back again. The hostess seated us at the room with a crowd that was so loud so it was hard for us to have conversation. They only "allow" us to switch seats to the bar if we would like to do that. However, when we just walked into the restaurant not long ago, the main dining room was half empty. The starters that we ordered were great. The wine was great. The main courses were just okay. The bread pudding was not what we expected. It was just like a dense pound cake and on top of that, the size of the bread pudding was only ½ size of what we had last time we were here. I am not sure if I want to go back.Special Features:
- Lovely PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014Have been to Iron Bridge many times. Always have a great meal and wonderful wine. Super service too! Just wish it was not such a long drive from home or I would go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive wine display!GaryDined on 10/27/2014If you enjoy wine with dinner, this is the place to go! Shared a bottle over dinner and bought two to take home. Very neat concept!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak NightpmrthirdVIPDined on 10/27/2014Enjoy the food here so much, my friend and I ate two nights in a row. Steak night included fantastic sweet potato soup (or salad) and very well prepared steak (3 choices) all for about $20. Great wine selection too. Service once again was fantastic. Also the atmosphere is very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Pre FixxepmrthirdVIPDined on 10/26/2014Unbelievable deal on Sundays. 3 course meal for $38 and its right from the menu (no limitations). You pick any starter, entrée and dessert all for $38. Food was fantastic. I had the mussels which were the best and my friend had the grilled octopus which was also very good. Out entrees were great too. I had the special monk fish. And then all desserts included for you to chose one. Yum! Service was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So little foodLInTMDined on 10/25/2014Great food. Beautifully prepared and presented, what there was of it. Had the Stuffed Anaheim Bell Pepper because it was a wonderful vegan option. However, only received 1/2 of a pepper with a small portion of stuffing. Delicious, but left hungry. Recommend purchasing each course, as the entree alone is not enough. Entire group laughed when a "scoop" of ice cream arrived in a 1x1" square dish. Hilarious! Did not like seating in a booth where one side was a low bench and the other side were chairs sitting higher. Awkward to have the guests sitting at different heights. Very knowledgeable server, especially with information about the wine selection. Did not feel rushed. Would recommend, just be advised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Nice PlaceylenadDined on 10/24/2014I love the fact that this restaurant sources from Maryland farms. I got the beef shoulder and it was excellent! I've come here three times and every time the food was delicious. The two times we came for dinner, the service was fantastic. However, when we came for lunch last year, the server forgot to put in our appetizer order.
- Fine Dining on the FarmfoodfanaticDined on 10/24/2014Great atmosphere and wine list. A must visit for true foodies, but not the place to take a large group. We sampled three entrees that included fish and the steak, and they were cooked to perfection. The salad portions were very small, but equally good. The cheese selection was divine, and my favorite part of any meal. The bread pudding was dry, but the warm apple tart was perfect. The flights of wine were a fun way to sample different wines from around the world. Great place for a date or a 'girls night out'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot on as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This is one of our "go to" places when we want quality food served in a nice atmosphere with great service without needing to dress up. Food is always top notch and the staff is starting to consider us regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch farebmorediner2Dined on 10/24/2014We had been here for dinner and were very impressed, but found that they also have a great lunch menu. The veggie sandwich and the quiche both amply portioned, and even though the accompanying salad was small it provided a perfect complement to the other food. For dessert the apple crisp and pumpkin panna cotta were both five star. Atmosphere was just as nice in daylight, even though it's on busy MD 108. There are some strategic plantings in front of the windows and the view beyond is of Clark's Elioak Farm. An awesome fall setting for lunch. Difficullt to remember the days when this was a biker bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!EliseDined on 10/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner - met friends who had never dined here and they loved it! The roasted pepper/tomato soup was divine and the shoulder tenderloin cooked perfected! We definitely will return!Special Features:
- Homey, if you live in a fancy barKingOfChardonnayDined on 10/21/2014Excellent place to get some great wine and delicious food. The menu even offers pairings, which is nice for novices such as myself. The seating on the bar side was a little cramped. It seemed weird that a fancy place would have bench seating, but hey, that's just me. Make sure you call to make sure your reservation was confirmed, as ours was not. They did however, have a confirmation from a reservation I made two years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodYummmmDined on 10/20/2014Food was great as always, however this time the service was a bit slow. Our server was extremely nice and polite, but seemed overwhelmed with her huge party. We often had to ask for things a few times, aside from that. Food was absolutely amazing!Special Features: