IRON at Marcus Pointe
2500 Oak Pointe Dr.
Pensacola, FL 32505Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
IRON at Marcus Pointe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantiron.com/
- Phone: 8504767776x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:30am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex McPhail
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from IRON at Marcus Pointe
Southern contemporary cuisine fueled by on-site vegetable and herb gardens from the creative minds of true southerners.Continued
Executive Chef Alex McPhail
Sous Chef Chris Henschen
Executive Chef Alex McPhail
Sous Chef Chris Henschen
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
IRON at Marcus Pointe - Best Restaurants in Pensacola ›
IRON at Marcus Pointe reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (17)scenic view (14)romantic (12)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great stuffDinespineVIPDined on 9/12/2014Have not had a thing to complain about other than sometimes difficult to get a table on OpenTable some nights even when seating is available. Love the menu which changes often and service and atmosphere are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Community GemFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Consistent, great food, service and bar. Good for work related events and personal special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & experienceAmazingDined on 9/3/2014Been several times - still a wonderful dining experience. Understand that they will be moving to downtown Pensacola by year end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening with friendsJMLinPNSDined on 8/16/2014Great food. We are foodies, and we love this place. Red snapper to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hartanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food and service is always great...need to work on atmosphere as it still feels and looks a little like a golf lounge.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014We wanted a special Evening and that's what we got, Food, presentations, and service were all excellent. This was our 2nd time here we talk about it often and will continue to return. We are foodies and recommend this Restaurant if you appreciate good food and presentationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice View and Good FoodJHarTBenDined on 7/18/2014I want to start off by saying it was a nice meal with good service. Our waiter was very knowledgeable on the selections, but did talk a bit too fast :) We ordered the Organic Mixed Greens House Salads to start and for dinner the Ancho Chili Rubbed Muscovy Duck and the Devil’s Cut Whiskey Brined Pork Chop. The salads were very tasty and the pork chop was good. The duck was prepared perfectly and came with a delicious parsnip puree and roasted brussel sprouts. I absolutely love brussel sprouts, but the sauce on them was way too tangy for my taste. Our drinks were also very good: Lemon Drop Martini and the Iron Goddess. We finished our meal with banana pudding which was the highlight of the entire meal! Overall a great night!Special Features:
- OverratedGnome5610Dined on 7/18/2014Limited menu selection, very expensive for quality of food. I did like the setup of the restaurant with the open kitchen. The staff was definitely professional, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Unfortunately, I think the food itself was a disappointment. I am not recommending.Special Features:
- Another great mealFoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014I took business associates to dine as a celebration for completion of a major project. They were first time diners and were willing to try several new and signature dishes. As an appetizer, we started with the fried oysters which were served hot and without any grease. This dish is delicious and a must have when its served so perfectly. My colleagues had he brined pork shop and snapper special - both dishes were superb. I opted for the wild salmon - perfectly prepared, but did not think the red quinoa side dish complimented the richness of the salmon. Although the dish was flawless in presentation and taste, I would choose other items on the menu at another visit. TSpecial Features:
- Consistently OutstandingFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014I have eaten at IRON about 8 times, and have taken small groups and larger groups. Although the food was always inventive and at least one dish was fabulous, consistency was an issue between bookings. This time the food was outstanding in every course for all at the table and the bar as usual offered wonderful drink options. I have rebooked a meal for a work occasion and look forward to another outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodlover2Dined on 7/10/2014Best restaurant in Pensacola. Food service atmosphere were all better than execellent. Absolutely fabulous Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in PensacolaktmasonVIPDined on 7/2/2014It was my first time at IRON and I was blown away with the incredible, interesting food, and perfect service. I had the cheese plate and red snapper main, both were delicious and beautiful. It is on the Marcus Pointe golf course, but far from country club food. It is pricey, but well worth it. I highly recommend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fantastic!RlparrDined on 6/26/2014Fantastic dinner! Very creative...interesting and unique ingredients. Everything was delicious. My grandson says 'This place could make dirt taste good!' Our server Matt was very knowledgable and personable. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily Best in PensacolaReamdogDined on 6/13/2014The only knock and it's a weak one at best is the location is at a golf course in a very secluded spot in Pensacola - so if you want to get some live music or bar hop afterwards then you are out of luck. But if you are looking to eat quality food from easily the most creative and talented chef not only in Pensacola but pretty much the gulf coast then look no further. Side notes - service is always great, mixed drinks are spot on, and a decent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!LovelyDined on 6/7/2014The fried oysters were the best I've ever had. They had fresh soft shell crab that came in live, not frozen like most places and was a very generous portion. The salmon dish was simple, served elegantly, and full of flavor. The grouper was served on organic blue corn grits and was so fresh and fluffy. The desserts were very unique, plated beautifully, and tasted so good! Service was fantastic and the hostess was so adorable and helpful. I will try to make this a regular spot to enjoy a very nice, well worth the price, destination for friends, dates, and special occasions.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerNu2PcolaDined on 6/6/2014First visit to Iron. New to Pensacola, and looking to explore all the better local restaurants to find some favorites. Overall, food was very good. Chef offered us a "small bite" while looking over the menu. The "wanton" was over cooked/tough and greasy but the sauce was very tasty. Nice touch however. Cheese platter appetizer was good but lacked imagination. Appetizers good. Main course presentations were beautiful and of all the dishes we ordered the creole snapper was over the top excellent! Wine list was nice but wouldn't consider it notable. Will definitely add Iron to our list of "try again".Special Features:
- The following 105 reviews are from the IRON at Marcus Pointe reviews archive.
- Amazing presentationSSDinerDined on 5/30/2014The presentation is virtually unmatched in Pensacola. The only place that compares is Type. The food and the staff make you feel special when you dine at Iron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Pensacola's bestRaymanDined on 5/28/2014Very good food & service. Loved the oyster appetizer and plank wild salmon. Did not care for cobbler desert (too many seeds)Special Features:
- Superb eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014All the dishes were wonderful, particularly the fish which was 'spot on'. Attentive service (but not intrusive)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong heretalononeguyDined on 5/17/2014The menu is consistently updated, and the offerings are unique and very well prepared. My wife and I love to come here for special occasions, as this restaurant, while off the normal beaten path, can always be counted on for a great experience. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014The whole experience was amazing, food, service, atmosphere, etcSpecial Features:
- Fresh ingredientsJPMPDined on 5/10/2014The food was wonderful and the service was fantastic. This restaurant is truly a hidden gem in Pensacola. We appreciate that most of the ingredients used were consciously sourced (they even have their own garden) and you can truly taste the difference in the quality of the food. I highly recommend this restaurant and will be going back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodRoccoIsTwoTodayDined on 4/26/2014It was a nice dining experience. The food was good. The staff was knowledgeable about the menu. Prices weren't too bad. The view would have been nice but it was dark out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dining experenceAmazingDined on 4/23/2014Delicious food with unusual, pleasant upgrades, excellent service, friendly staff, beautiful golf course views. All in all, the experience was what one hopes for when you go to a restaurant.Special Features:
- My expectations were lowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2014Was very surprised had low expectations and was impressed with service and presentations were very nice, Looking forward to a return visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday dinnerjmaskDined on 4/5/2014Iron is amazing. Food was delicious, service was awesome. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurant.StevoVIPDined on 3/29/2014This is a hidden gem, back by Marcus Pointe golf course and away from the crowds and parking issues of downtown. I only gave a four star for Ambience since I remember the days when it was the old clubhouse and pro shop, but they have done a wonderful job of turning it into a comfortable dining spot. You can come in casually in jeans or dress up for date night as you might be mixed in with golfers finishing a round and grabbing one of the monstrous Kobe beef burgers. The food is very good with a fusion of flavors and a mix of locally grown (own garden right outside) and fresh fish and meats. The oysters for a starter are always a good bet. The mains vary and we typically favor the fish dishes. Dessert shouldn't be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceButchDined on 3/8/2014The food is unique and presentations and service are very professional. If you get a table on the bar side of the restaurant it can be noisy and feel a bit busy, but the food overcomes those distractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous experiencelove2dineVIPDined on 3/7/2014The Iron has come a long way since its opening. The changes actually make the front house much more appealing. The staff is attentive and gracious. The food is fantastic! And we have gluten allergies and vegan issues in our party- all accomadated without a skip! So rare to find in this small town. It has become my favorite restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu!JcbigguyDined on 2/27/2014Unbelievably good food. The new menu added some spectacular items. I highly recommend Iron, as a truly FINE dining restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant in Pensacola.Krisco5150Dined on 2/21/2014IRON at Marcus Point have outdone themselves with amazing food, presentation, energetic and knowledgeable staff. I look forward to many more experiences at IRON. 5 star all around. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DinnerchachaDined on 2/15/2014We heard so much about Iron we couldn't wait to go. We made our reservation 2 weeks in advance and was contacted 3 times to be sure we were coming; the last time about an hour before our reserved time. (a little annoying) Upon arrival we were seated immediately. Our server was very attentive and explained each course as it cameout. the food was very good especially the she crab soup and the passion fruit tart. The shrimp appetizer was rather small and the salad could have been a little larger but all in all the food was excellent. Even though we enjoyed our dining experience we probably will not go again since it was very pricey. We don't mind paying since we frequent other fine restaurants, but this was a little over the top.Special Features:
- Happy CouplesFloridianDined on 2/8/2014Iron is an awesome restaurant it was six of us, and all of us enjoyed every course from the appetizers ( Lamb, oysters, cheese ) to the main courses.. we all ordered something different and we enjoyed every smidgen of the food when the table is quiet that's a great sign..... Also we had a great Server who made sure that everything was great his name is Ken and he rocks he was educated about each and everything on the menu.... We will definitely be returning back to Iron and next time with even more people we are going to make this a monthly thing......Overall Wow.....and our complements to the Chef......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First "IRON" visitRobDDined on 1/10/2014Service was excellent, food was exceptional including appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. Wine was over-priced. Trendy "Kitchen in the Dining Room" concept was interesting but very smokey with strong smell of frying oysters and grilled meat dominating the air. We may return, but think a week night rather than "Prime Time" Friday evening may be more pleasant. I have already recommended this restaurant to friends based on service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014I have been wanting to try this place for a while after seeing photo posts and reviews of the delicious looking food. I was not disappointed, at all! A group of us ladies went on a Wednesday night. Each of us enjoyed EVERYTHING we ordered. Every dish was a work of art. I love presentation, as well as taste, and this place delivered both!! I have already told all my friends and plan to return myself. This restaurant is a great addition to our fine dining establishments in our community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceLovingfoodDined on 1/3/2014We had a party of 8 on a Friday night. Our waitress, Jessica, knew everything about the menu, including ingredients and their wine selection. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. The table ordered oysters, escargot, gumbo, and salads. Delicious!!!! I've never been to a dinner that large where everyone is ecstatic about their food. Next, we ate the lamb shank, duck, and veal tenderloin. I can't decide if I liked the tenderloin, which is what I had, or the duck better. Everything was so delicious. For dessert, I had creme brûlée with yummy strawberry sorbet on top and my husband had a chocolate terrine. Both were extremely good and a great ending to dinner. The chef, Alex McPhail, is wonderful. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron at Marcus Pointe is alisa28Dined on 1/2/2014Iron at Marcus Pointe is a great addition to the Pensacola dining scene. A superb experience on all fronts: service is pleasant and attentive without ever being intrusive, atmosphere is relaxing and modern, the food is fabulous and all arrives beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined her severalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2013We have dined her several times and have always enjoyed this. Every time our daughter comes in from Chicago, she wants to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food 3 of 4 and poor serviceBobattyDined on 12/14/2013Three of our foursome's meals were very good. I had duck which was quite good except two very large chunks of fat cooked and served. The very young seaters and wait staff seemed pre-occupied with anything but checking on our table as well as nearby tables. The place has enormous potential but needs to step it up for these prices.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerjimparsonsDined on 12/12/2013We had an outstanding experience at the Iron. They have a broad menu selection and an excellent wine list. The service was very smooth and responsive to our needs. Desserts were fantastic also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.