2422 13th St
Sacramento, CA 95818Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.irongrillsacramento.com/#!
- Phone: 9167375115x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: T-F 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-8:45pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-9:30pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 9:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Iron
Traditional American Food with a elegant setting inside, outdoor patio seating and ample parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Iron reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)great for brunch (21)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)great for lunch (13)special occasion (12)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- AmazingCaitDined on 10/8/2014Everything about this place was fantastic. The ambiance was very relaxing and the lights were dim but not too dim like some places have. We were sat right next to the kitchen, which made me a little nervous but they do an amazing job with the sound control, we couldn't hear a gong from the kitchens less the door was open. Every bite of food was absolutely delicious. From the bread to the last bit of our meals. I ordered the filet mignon and ordered it medium. It was perfect! The garlic potatoes and asparagus that acompanied it were to die for. And very large portions. We left absolutely stuffed with food left on our plate. Service was amazing as well, glasses were never empty and the timing of courses was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Would ReccomendFoodDined on 10/4/2014Overall the experience was pleasant. Most all of the food was good, but not anything special. For the price I would have expected a little more.
- Delicious food at great prices2foodiesDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our night out at Iron. My husband decided on the fish on a bed of risotto and I opted for the prime rib which was so delicious. The sangrias are also very delicious. Plus the prices are affordable. We love this place and will come again.Special Features:
- SteakSRileyDined on 9/27/2014For a steak place, this was the blandest filet I've ever had. the quality of the meat was excellent and it was cooked perfectly. There was just no flavor. The sides were very good. We tried the mac and cheese, polenta cakes and garlic mashed potatoes. All were excellent.Special Features:
- Iron ExperienceAndruuzDined on 9/23/2014We had the lobster and steak, which was the best in town!!! The calamari and artichoke hearts were outstanding. The prices are very reasonable and we will make this one of our go to places. Recommend this for all occasions. Wait staff was a little slow and scattered, but we got our meal and dessert was awesome!Special Features:
- Breakfast/Brunch at IronmcoelhoDined on 9/21/2014Excellent breakfast! I had the seafood omelet (with real crab in it) and it came with a wonderful hollandaise sauce on top. The home-style potatoes which accompanied it were cooked just right - not over spiced - not over cooked. A friend had Eggs Benedict and loved it. The beignets they serve if you want instead of toast were also very good. I'm planning my next visit! Another friend has had dinner here, and they call it their "go to" place for steaks!Special Features:
- Outstanding foodBuddDined on 9/17/2014The food was great, would like the seats to be a little more upgraded but service was awesome.Special Features:
- Retirement dinnerMattDined on 9/13/2014My brother and I took our mom here for her retirement dinner. The food was great! The service and attention we had was outstanding. No complaints about the noise level for we didn't have to yell to speak to one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iron stays strongOuiniVIPDined on 9/11/20142 in our group had surf and turf and were pleased with preparation and presentation. the sauce on the crab cake appetizer was a bit timid but the crab cakes were well proportioned and good; the artichoke was a hit (again); the prawn and prosciutto pasta was interesting and had a great presentation but the sauce was too subdued with no real identity. With a little work on making the sauces more "robust," Iron would move up a notch from very good to excellent. Service was prompt and attentive even if he did not know much about the pasta special's ingredients ("Pasta, I think.) but he was excellent otherwiseSpecial Features:
- AliceDined on 8/24/2014Food was delicious and some items very innovative; great bar selection and bottomless mimosa's wonderful!!! good service too!Special Features:
- Iron restaurantolc440VIPDined on 8/23/2014The dining experience at Iron Steak restauarant was outstanding. The decor has the appearance of a fine dining experience in any high class restaurant in the Bay Area, especiall in S.F. The food was delicious and the servers were very attentive and always at your becon call when needed. Truy a class restaurant in this area of Sacramento.Special Features:
- BrunchTobyVIPDined on 8/17/2014First time here for brunch though we have been for other meals. Food choices and preparation were the usual high quality, service was quick, efficient and pleasant. Always like coming here. And, oh yeah, the bottomless mimosas!Special Features:
- identity crisisProfessorDaveDined on 8/16/2014The exterior and interior décor is very attractive. The dining room has an 'Asian modern' feeling to it, which was exciting at first. Though once seated we felt something was not working right. Was it the overly casual clientele schlepping around in t-shirts and flip flops? The happy hour crowd heedless of the pitch of their voices? The lack of sound dampening that comes with a restaurant with food and service that Iron seems to aspire to? Or did I read all that wrong? Casual steakhouse or modern fine dining? The food was very good steak house fare. We had grilled rib-eye and prime rib. Both done very well, but for the price maybe not over-the-moon. Advertised "baked potato" was really just mashed potatoes with bacon bits. Okay.
- Nice Quiet dinner spotlolo916Dined on 8/14/2014My friend and I tried Iron Steak for the first time using a groupon.. the food was good, service was great and if ur looking for a quiet romatic spot, it can fit that bill as well. Oh and the chocolate molten lava cake... delish!Special Features:
- Great food & servicevalentinesatironDined on 8/2/2014Second time here. Service was great. Steaks were prepared perfect. The bread is the excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmmmm....pancakeselgeatsDined on 8/2/2014Thank you Iron for great food and service as a group of six old friends got together for a leisurely brunch. Everyone enjoyed their selection, breakfast was served to us all at the same time and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. This was our first visit and i can assure you we will be back.Special Features:
- It was okayTrollsDadVIPDined on 7/28/2014The menu is limited, which is fine if you know that going in. Most steakhouses will have several non-steak dishes and while Iron does, dont expect variety. They were out of two types of steak my group wanted, Ribeye and I believe NY... Crazy, there has to be a butcher or good supermarket they could get a backfill. Service was adequate, but not really for a top end steakhose. We ordered an extra side that must have been forgotten, because we got it essentially when we were all done with our meals. AND, they charged us for the side, which we tried but didnt eat. All in all, it was okay, but not great. The reviews have been great, so i may give it another try if i am stuck on where to go.
- LIKE NOISE?LikeGoodPlacesDined on 7/27/2014The food was OK. The garlic fried chicken was good, the chorizo scramble was very bland. The beignets were lousy, the hash browns were laden with grease. So we tried it once, but we will not be back. Oh and the noise was so loud that we could barely hear each other across the table.
- Great, great, great.babybelleDined on 7/25/2014The service was some of the best I have ever experienced....and I eat out a lot. Our server was Shelly and she was fabulous, funny and very courteous. Unfortunately this is not true of many eating establishments. Our food was served quickly and was delicious. Our party of 5 was very happy with their food choice and definitely will make a return visit in the near future.Special Features:
- Dinner was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We took my parents out to this restaurant because we had driven by it so many times and found it to be a great dinner. Service was good, moderately priced and solid food.Special Features:
- Never DisappointlyricsmamaDined on 7/14/2014My family and I have gone to Iron for both brunch, special occasions and most recently dinner. I love the online reservation program. When we got there, which was 15 minutes later than we reserved, I was greeted by name and with a smile. Our waiter was great and accommodating. We didn't notice a children's menu, but when asked the chef graciously whipped up some good eaten for our 10 year old guest. The food was just absolutely delicious. As a matter of fact, every time I've gone I've never been disappointed with their menu, brunch and dinner. Unfotunatley I no longer live in close by, but I wouldn't mind the drive for great service, and some good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the steakLikesurprisesDined on 7/10/2014We keep going back for the great food! The staff are very friendly and professional. It's obvious that they enjoy giving customers an excellent dining experience. Brunch with a group is also worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMSNatomasDined on 7/6/2014I was actually disappointed in the food. My lobster was not cooked all the way and had to have it returned. My husbands steak was encrusted with too much blue cheese and made it hard to eat. We went to celebrate our 29th anniversary and felt like they could have acknowledged it when I specifically put that in our reservations. We were looking forward to sitting at the bar and having some fun after dinner drinks that I remembered were on the bar menu the last time we were there but they don't make them anymore so we went to the Delta King instead. It was very expensive for what we actually got.Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Iron reviews archive.
- Father's Day BrunchSBushyVIPDined on 6/15/2014Everything was perfect until after we ordered our food. Not only were we not informed the length of the wait time (Over an hour) before we would be served. Our server only checked on us 2xs. The food was good, not amazing, but good. I may try Iron one more time before I decide its not worth my time
- CRAB CAKE HEAVEN!GgraneeDined on 6/15/2014The crab cakes at Iron Steak are worth the visit. The brunch crab cakes, with an excellent hollandaise, are far superior to the dinner crab cakes that have a slightly different taste and a not so pleasing sauce. The beignets are also quite tasty and round the brunch out. I'm a Creole/Barbadian from the South. I thought the jambalaya was less than stellar. Good effort, but lacking in the right spice combo and rather bland. The prime rib was not the best, it also was bland, but hey! Love this place ANYWAY!!! Have visited six times thus far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchSheriDined on 6/15/2014The food was delicious!! We had the Elvis French Toast and the daily special which was Prime Rib Eggs Benedict. Very very good! Staff was not ready when they opened at 9am and the hostesss was late. However, the waiters got us seated and drinks arrived pronto. Can't wait to go back again to try something else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!CherylDined on 5/28/2014It was our first time trying out Iron. We brought an out-of-town friend to dinner. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- njoyDined on 5/24/2014We had a great time at Iron. The food was very good. The special was not exactly as described but overall we enjoyed the food very much. Our waiter was fantastic!!!Special Features:
- Very Good Food. Service fair.MrPresidentVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went there on Mother's Day. Menu was diverse which was a plus since all of group had different tastes. Everything food wise was excellent. Steaks were prepared as ordered and delicious. Salmon risotto dish was very flavorful. Crab cakes, lobster et al were fantastic. While we did have several wait staff helping us we had to ask 3 times to have the water glasses refilled. They were filled immediately upon asking each time, but we shouldn't have to ask. Also, while the decor is nice, it showed several areas of dust accumulation and cobwebs. I noticed it in particularly with the dried flower arrangements at the booths and the lights in the ceiling.Special Features:
- Good eats and atmosphereLilMaDined on 5/11/2014I was happy that my 80 & 86 yr old parents were comfortable and relaxed at the restaurant when we eat dinner there on Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchvalleygirlDined on 5/11/2014Perfect place for brunch with 2 young children. Moderately priced, good value and great service. Would go there often if I lived in Sacramento.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food POOR SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014While the food was tasty, the service was horrible. The food came out at different times. 2 orders were forgotten. Staff did not apologize. While I have had good food and service in the past, this experience has lost them my patronage.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchSpringtimeDined on 5/11/2014of course we had reservations so we were seated promptly. Service was a little slower than usual, probably because of crowd. As usual the food was wonderful. I had the Seafood omelet and my spouse had his favorite, blueberry banana pancakes. Also enjoyed a Mimosa. Can't wait to go back for another breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty decentFremontMewsGirl1Dined on 5/10/2014My husband and I took my mom out for an early Mother's Day dinner on Saturday night. I was surprised it was not very busy. Although we had a reservation, we could have been seated right away. The service was great, the food was great. The only flop about our experience was that it took over 45 mins. to get our food. Our server said the system had shut down and the kitchen never got our order. He gave us drinks on the house, so it worked out ok. I had the blue cheese crusted tri tip. Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected more...JRock916VIPDined on 5/10/2014I had been here in the past and thought I would revisit it and see what's changed. Our drinks took 30 minutes. The menu was decent but it took our waiter an 1/2 an hour to ask for our order. Our appetizers took over 45 minutes to show up. Our main entree's took nearly an hour and a half. We were at this place for nearly 2 hours & 15 minutes. The food was ok but both our plates were under-cooked. Our waiter apologized over 5 times but it became redundant after awhile. It's safe to say I'd never go back. So much potential. One positive: The beignets were AWESOME!Special Features:
- Horrible!luv2cookDined on 5/10/2014Service was terrible. The wrong food was ordered by our waiter. He threw kitchen under the bus for the mistake, but when the bill came he had entered the wrong information. He couldn't change the bill for the wrong item so he removed a glass of wine to lessen the charge. Our steaks, ordered med-rare were well done. the dinner rolls (bignets) were requested 3 times before we got them and then they were uncooked in the middle. Our entire experience was terrible.
- Marginal FoodepluribusunumDined on 5/10/2014Dinner with 2 alcoholic beverages-$80.00 with gratuity. Service was very good, but for the price of the meal I have experienced much finer prepared cuisine. The meal price included a deduction of $10.00, provided by a coupon my wife and I received from our monthly Neighborhood Shopper flyer received each month here in the Pocket/Greenhaven area. My steak was ordered Medium-Rare, received a Medium steak, and the veggie was overpowered with garlic. Had we paid $90.00 for the meal, no repeat visit. When reservation was made, an inquiry as to special comments. I typed in "Anniversary", and my experience in the past has been a complementary dessert. If the food quality is the same, this establishment gets crossed off.
- 4 and a half starsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014The food was very good. We all really enjoyed the food. My dad opted for the salmon risotto dish and there was a vegetarian option for my daughter. The Barefoot Wine was very good. The service also good; a little less frequent return to the table as I would like. We had to ask for the check and remind the server to split it two ways for our 5 person party (we'd asked at the beginning). The ambiance was great, overall low noise level in the restaurant (which was hard to rate on this site). The ladies' room was clean and well-maintained. I'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing service and foodluv2dineVIPDined on 5/4/2014Six of us arrived at 5pm Sunday evening. Read previous reviews so we tried the tempura green beans and margaritas. Both were excellent and we all loved the bread. But a few of the dinners were downright awful. The coconut shrimp was inedible, just uncooked coating. A steak was way too salty and it smelled & tasted bad. The artichokes were also too salty. The full plate of shrimp sat on the end of the table and no one asked why. Our server never came back to check on us, never asked how dinner was or if we wanted anything else. A few wanted another glass of wine, coffee, and beer and we had to chase the receptionist down to order. Nice looking place, great parking & we were looking forward to a new Sac restaurant. Just disappointing.
- Had a great brunchJeffreyLintonDined on 5/4/2014The food and the service was great. Our server very personable, the food came out quickly and had terrific flavor. We sat outside away from the main street avoiding the heavy traffic which was loud. All the staff were friendly and yes they are dog friendly too. The food and the service out weighed the noise - we'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.