210 Carrall Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2J2Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.irishheather.com/
- Phone: 6046889779
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Alvin Pillay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering information please contact Sean Heather at: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of historic Gastown, this GastroPub has garnered many accolades for its service, food, alcohol & ambiance.
- Private Party Contact: Event Manager 8669453491
- Entertainment: We have live Irish music on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm to 10pm. However there is no dancing.
- Cross Street: On Carrall St between Water St and Cordova St
- Public Transit: Public Transit stops are located at the corner of Carrall St. and Cordova St. only a few meters from our front door. We are located a short distance from Waterfront Station. After exiting the station, turn left and walk down Water Street. We are very near to the intersection of Alexander, Carrall, and Water streets.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking: You can park on the street (the meters run till 10:00, 7 nights a week), or at the EasyPark on Water St. - it's a secure, patrolled lot with 600 spaces, just half a block away from our door. If you're not familiar with Gastown (or if you're a visitor to Vancouver), you can get directions to our location from Google Maps. Taxis: Taxis pick up and drop off right at our front door.
A word from Irish Heather
Located in the heart of historic Gastown, this GastroPub has garnered many accolades for its service, food, alcohol & ambiance. In a world filled with "Plastic Paddy" establishments, the Heather stands out as a beacon of authenticity. An Irish House that is owned by Irish people who actually work there...how refreshing!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Irish Heather reviews from OpenTable diners
- A safe choice in GastownphoebeKATDined on 7/23/2013It will not disappoint any one. There are beer, wine, cocktail, whiskey and more. We were sent to the long table in the next room and it was actually nice and quiet enough to have a conversation without yelling at each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited food menu, but very goodAmandaMVIPDined on 6/14/2013We had a very good meal here. I would definitely go more for the drinking than the eating, but we enjoyed the food. The steak and ale pot pie was very good and quite large. The menu is a little small (I think about 6 entree selections), but the drink menu is very extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to see some GF beerskaplantDined on 4/28/2013Great to see some GF beers on the menu, but they need to work on adding more GF menu items to their existing menu.
- Loved the Vegan pot pie. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Loved the Vegan pot pie. Good selection of beers. My new favourite spot in the Gastown area.Special Features:
- Not The Same!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013I have been a patron of the Irish Heather for many years. However, I have moved from Vancouver it has been a number of years since I visited and was very disappointed to find the Heather had moved location! You are not the same! Sorry.
- Loved the service, waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Loved the service, waitress was friendly and attentive without being over bearing. We were there during dinner hours and I found the noise level acceptable, we were still able to carry on a conversation! I'm a little picky about my guinness and found the stout to be fresh and the pours were traditionally perfect irish pours. I had the Guinness Steak Pie, the pastry and gravy were great however I found that the meat was mostly just fat which turned me off a little. My date had the bangers and mash and said it was fantastic. All in all, an enjoyable evening, my only recommendation would be to use some nicer cuts of meat in the pie.Special Features:
- I think we ordered the wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013I think we ordered the wrong thing. Who goes to an Irish restaurant and orders a steak??? We should have asked what is most popular. I think that was our fault. The steak wasn't very yummy. It tasted kind of burned but was all pink inside. We had ordered medium. It is obviously a very good restaurant, it was packed on a Sunday evening where most of the other restaurants around it were half empty.Special Features:
- Out of a party of four twoJJpdxVIPDined on 2/10/2013Out of a party of four two people were happy with their meals and two of us were not. The one standout, and not in a good way, was the Vegan Pot Pie which was inedible. I have dined at the Irish Heather off and on for many years and I can honestly say that the food was better earlier on in their business, before the move to their current location, than that which I experienced last week. The Irish Heather is still a good place for a pint and some atmosphere but I won't be visiting again for a meal.
- Tried the vegan pie and mashedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Tried the vegan pie and mashed potatoes. PIie was ok, rather dry so could be improved drastically with a vegetable gravy on the side. Even though I ordered vegan pie server brought side of meat gravy. It was only when I questioned gravy that server realized .Special Features:
- Very good! Would have likeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2013Very good! Would have like Whiskey pairing with the food :)Special Features:
- Good food and pleasant service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013Good food and pleasant service. However, apparently making a reservation for the Irish Heather doesn't mean that you'll have a spot reserved in the Irish Heather. When we arrived the hostess greeted us and led us through the Irish Heather to the back of the room, took a right past the washrooms and through another door which led to the Salty Tongue. It was here that she asked us to sit at that establishment's long table. I explained that there must be a misunderstanding since I had reserved for the Irish Heather. "This is the Irish Heather!" she responded. Um, no it is not. We went back to the bar, thankfully found four bar stools and perched against the wall. Not the best start to the evening, but at least there were seats for us
- Beverage menu great. WhiskeyRpfreezeVIPDined on 12/14/2012Beverage menu great. Whiskey flights a great idea. Food was pretty good. Appies better than main course. Would head back for drinks and apps.Special Features:
- The food was amazing! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012The food was amazing! The staff was friendly and the snakebite was a dangerously delicious drink! It was a perfect place to start off our girls night out! I would go back again for sure!Special Features:
- Great little gastropub.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012The scotch list was amazing. It had a great selection of scotches at a reasonable price too. Their "mixed beer" list was pretty good as well that showcased a bunch of mixed beer drinks I haven't seen since I was younger. The only downside was the food menu wasn't as extensive as I thought it could've been. Being an Irish pub, it did have your standard fare such as Steak & Guiness Pie and Bangers & Mash, but I was surprised they didn't carry Shepherd's Pie. Overall, a good time was had by all in our group.Special Features:
- An Irish Pub with a touch of class.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012We were looking for an Irish Pub that had a good menu and we found it Couple that with a terrific server and we had a very enjoyable evening. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good but not greatNVdinerVIPDined on 10/2/2012I thought the Irish Heather was okay. I ordered the fish & chips and it would have been tastier had it been warmer; unfortunately it arrived lukewarm. However, the batter of the fish was flavourful and crisp. My friend ordered the pasta special, a gnocci, but the texture was strange. They had a good selection of beers on tap, and I had an Orchard Hill Cider which they had on tap for quite a reasonable price. Our server was attentive and had no problem splitting the bill for our party. I can't say the experience was bad, but it wasn't overly exciting either.
- Great selection of beers andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2012Great selection of beers and whiskeys, but only OK pub food. I have had better elsewhere. I was surprised, since it bills itself as a gastropub, that the food was not better.
- I have been to the Irish HeatherOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2012I have been to the Irish Heather now a few times, each time i go it never dissapoints. Excellent Beer and Whisky list. The food and service is also Excellent. I would advise booking in advance as previosuly i had went on spec and could not get in due to its popularity. But if you book, its the best Pub in town.Special Features:
- Went only for drinks. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/18/2012Went only for drinks. They have every brand of whiskey that your heart desires. Wonderful friendly staff. Had a specialty cocktail that had bacon; it was interesting but was not to my liking. My bf sampled several whiskeys and was happy with all of them. Would recommend to the whiskey lover.
- It was a lovely place butphoebeKATDined on 7/20/2012It was a lovely place but the noise level was very high and the table(we were a group of 5) was so small, we did not feel comfortable. We ended up leaving much earlier than planned and went to a different place for more drinks and food. I will try to visit when it is less busy next time!Special Features:
- Arrived early, was seatedWendyme66Dined on 7/4/2012Arrived early, was seated immediately. Treated very well, food great, would reccomend!Special Features:
- we appreciated what we gotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2012Great UK pub feel. Love the brick walls and the relaxed, convivial atmosphere. The food we had was tasty and portions were reasonably large. However, there were many things on the menu that we wanted that happened to not be available, which was only told to us after we tried to order it. Speaking of service, it was painfully slow. Our server would completely disappear at times, leaving us hungry or thirsty; luckily she was affable and cute. I also know it is an Irish pub, but there was an overall lack of choices for non-whisky/non-beer drinkers. Overall, a good space that I'd give another chance because we liked what we got (best Shandy's in town) which helped us overlook the down sides to the evening.Special Features:
- Fantastic food; friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2012Fantastic food; friendly and helpful staff. It was fun to dine at the communal table.Special Features:
- Always good to head back toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2012Always good to head back to the Irish Heather. Great food, good beers and a great venue. Really appreciate a Gastown bar/restaurant having specific vegan items on the menu and the vegan pot pie is so tasty even carnivores can enjoy! The long table can get noisy so go there prepared to raise your voice, turn up your hearing aid or just soak in the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great selection of food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Great selection of food and drinks, and an even better selection of drinks. Warm service. Another enjoyable visit.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2012My experience at Irish Heather was satisfactory. I had been once before and enjoyed myself so I had recommended we try the place again. My second experience was not as exceptional. The service was fair (they seemed to be forgetting our table often) and the food was a bit over priced considering the quantity and quality. I may not return for a third visit.Special Features:
- Fantastic beer list, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012Fantastic beer list, wonderful staff (jane, randy, all seem awesome). Highly recommend the lively ambience, neat nooks and crannies to sit in and delectable food pairings.Special Features:
- Go for the drink; revel in the foodDoctorJDined on 5/1/2012Pleasantly surprised to find a diverse food menu for what we expected to be "just bar food." Our party of 7 included 4 satisfied vegetarians. E-X-T-E-N-S-I-V-E beer and whiskey selection, reasonably priced. No-nonsense service-- a pleasure to order food without having to put up with a performance. Will definitely go again when travels take us to Vancouver.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2012Food was great. Service a bit slow and disorganised. Took a long time once we finally ordered drinks for them to arrive. The drink selection was great though, as was the food. Delicious fries, burger and soda bread. Loved the authenticity of the place. It was cozy, and had great atmosphere. I would definitely reccommend it and go back again sometime myself.Special Features:
- Excellent selection of whisky.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2012Excellent selection of whisky. Good, hearty food. Lively atmosphere in evening. A little pricey.Special Features:
- clams were not great, fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2012clams were not great, fish pie and salmon were very good. not sure about the glasses, a pint should be a pint!!Special Features:
- This was my second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2012This was my second time at Irish Heather and this visit was outstanding! While I had some service issues the first time I dined at Irish Heather about a month ago, this time around was perfect. The food was reliably delicious: I got the slow cooked crisp pork belly with mashed potatoes and kale. The pork belly just fell apart beautifully at first touch, the kale was perfectly cooked-not chewy or bitter, and the mash was creamy and light. The service was assured, unobtrusive, and well-paced. I was really impressed with the Lunch menu (we went for Dinner the first time): there were a great range of options, yet small enough to keep the quality and freshness high. Thank you, Irish Heather!Special Features:
- Food has gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/20126 friends meet for dinner and drinks. Drinks were good. Everyone's food was disappointing (except for the curry fries and the cheese plate). What happened Irish Heather? You use to be a great Gasto-pub. Go for the drinks. Skip the dinner.Special Features:
- Great time, delicious food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012Great time, delicious food, great staff, fun time!Special Features:
- There's better places in GastownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2012Beer is over priced, food was good but small portions, service very casual/unprofessional . I used to love the Irish HeAther but feel its gone down hill.
- Overall a nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2012Overall a nice experience. Price point a little high for pub food, I would not become a regular here because of this. Dineout Vancouver menu was good value. Enjoyed the bangers and mash, but one of our party ordered this dish a la carte, which was supposed to come with onion rings according to the menu but did not. When we pointed this out to the friendly server, we were told that they were not included with the dish anymore. This was disappointing to hear, as perhaps we would have ordered something else if the menu had been updated.Special Features:
- Food and service are goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2012Food and service are good but the seating arrangements are awkward.Special Features:
- Should not be in Dine OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012Should not be in Dine Out Vancouver. Uncomfortable seating at large bench style table or low-back plastic chairs. Good for if you just want to go drinking and maybe have some pub food of ordinary quality.
- While I enjoyed my diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/15/2012While I enjoyed my dining experience at the Irish Heather, there were a few notable disappointments. Namely, our entrees were brought to us well before our appetizers were finished and our server never brought our bill, even though our tables had been clear for some time. It was only once we got up and started putting our coats on and approached her that we were able to pay. It was not busy at all, so in my opinion, there were no excuses for these very basic mistakes. The food did not disappoint though. The Bangers & Mash were delicious and the Heather Fries were hot, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with perfect seasoning and yummy ketchup and curry sauce to dip them in. I would go back, but with some hesitation.Special Features:
- Management lost my reservationLordInsidiousDined on 1/7/2012Management lost my reservation and put my party in the back of the restaurant next door even though there were tables in the Heather. To make matters worse the manager confronted me with his booking sheet to show me I wasn't in there, but promptly ran away when I pulled out my smart phone to show him the confirmation.