321 North Peters Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://irisneworleans.com/
- Phone: 5042993944
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday & Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ian Schnoebelen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We will arrange private parties on an individual basis.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Casebonne 504-299-3944
A word from Iris
Iris is located in the French Quarter in the heart of the city. It serves contemporary American cuisine in an airy bistro setting. The Chef is a Food and Wine Best New Chef award winner in 2007. His style is innovative, light, and fresh. The specialty cocktail list has also been lauded, and the Bartender was awarded Bartender of the Year by New Orleans magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Iris reviews from OpenTable diners
- BittersweetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Our "last supper" at Iris was amazing. It breaks my heart to know that it was our last. How sad that such an amazing restaurant is closing. The move from Carrollton was likely the downfall. I live downtown and loved it's current location but I guess many regulars didn't follow it to it's new space. Goodbye, Iris. You will be sorely missed.Special Features:
- quiet spot in a bustling areawriterchickDined on 5/17/2014Lovely little restaurant with elegant, garden feel. Cocktails were delicious and the menu limited enough to not overwhelm. Would definitely go back again, but unfortunately they are closing :( Very glad I got to go before the doors shut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iris twice overLloydDined on 5/16/2014This was my second visi to this gem. Small, non-touristy with great food and bar. Noise level very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will miss IrisTrydyllDined on 5/16/2014It had been a while since I visited Iris, but wanted to dine there before it closed down. Our lunch was wonderful. Not much else to say, because it won't be there in about a week. Iris will be sorely missed.Special Features:
- FantasticSusanDined on 5/10/2014Iris is a local(s) gem that got lost down in the French Quarter. while as a NOLA local traveling to the Quarter is NOT enjoyable, i braved it for the pure joy of this culinary star. Iris is closing their doors after 8+ years on May 28, 2014, which is most likely for the best as the great news, Ian Schnoebelen + Laurie Casebonne have opened yet another stellar restaurant, Mariza.... which is rocking it! it's new home is located in a super spot that both the locals can support MUCH easier and tourist (whom like to explore more of the city) can find easily.Special Features:
- jimboraVIPDined on 5/5/2014We both had delicious meals and wouldn't hesitate to return.
- Iris misses by a mileLibbieDined on 5/2/2014The menu had a bit of an Asian flair but the food was bland. The menu sounded interesting but the food did not taste like the description. The best part of the meal was the bread. There nothing on the menu that spoke of New Orleans. Bad experience.
- IrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014I would not recommend Iris to anybody. The food was ok, but the ambiance was awful! Boring!!
- Not all thatperle0Dined on 4/30/2014I had heard that Iris was a top-notch restaurant, even by the standards of New Orleans dining. It was good, but I was not blown away. They are closing the restaurant in a month to focus on the owner's other restaurant, which may be wise. Service was a little spotty considering that it was early and the place wasn't crowded at all. The waitress couldn't answer any of our questions about the cocktails because she "didn't drink." Apparently she also can't ever speak to the bartender or people who do drink. The bus boy was very attentive, though. The food was okay, but frankly the dishes were just not as good as they sounded on the menu. There are better choices in the city, and even in the Quarter. Atmosphere was nice; we enjoyed the music.
- Fest Food SiteMrsDenisonDined on 4/26/2014After a long day in the sun & the great food at Jazz Fest we were anticipating a quiet, late dinner in the French Quarter. Our reservation was at 9:30pm. Service was pretty impressive; we had an attentive waitress. The wine was an adequate Cab. The food was good, but s-l-o-w arriving at 11pm apparently due to a large party on the patio; perhaps we had been forgotten until we mentioned this to the waitress who got right on this! The salads were very good. I had the duck which was probably a little over-cooked, but still yummy. My husband has the short rib which was tasty. We would dine here again, but at an earlier reservation time.Special Features:
- Elegant spot in the French QuarterLexidocVIPDined on 4/26/2014Iris is situated near the river away from the madness of Bourbon Street. The food is prepared with a light touch that is hard to find in tis town of fried everything. It is creative cuisine with varied influences including Asian. The Vietnamese soup was one of the best dishes we've had anywhere. The fish is grilled or sauteed and the sauces are flavorful, not cloying. Fine dining to be sure, in a lovely, serene space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a difference a year makesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014We had a spectacular experience at Iris a year ago. This year it was not close.
- Great dining experiencepgrosDined on 4/26/2014We had a great dining experience. The atmosphere is very comfortable and "neighborhood-like". The service was very good. We had a great meal with perfect portion sizes to enjoy appetizer, salad/soup and entrée without being overstuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portioncontrolportioncontrolDined on 4/25/2014We ate well here. Lamb was nicely done. Fish was excellent. Soup of lemongrass and jalapeño in chicken broth was slightly rustic and felt homemade and was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Perfect gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/25/2014We had lunch and loved every thing about it and we are so sad it is closing the end of May!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at IrisLuvyummyDined on 4/24/2014Great food. I had the cauliflower gnocchi. Yum. My fellow diner was on a restricted diet and was able to make a healthy and delicious entree choice. Highly recommend when you want a break from heavy gumbo etc.Special Features:
- Really wonderful restaurantDesignergirlVIPDined on 4/19/2014I had eaten at iris when it was uptown and that was very good. This location was even better! Food and cocktails were perfect. Service was impeccable. Very friendly and accommodating staff. I'm very disappointed that they plan on closing in may.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well established and fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014The visit was great, food was perfect and service was not overbearing yet attentive. The hostess sat us next to the fireplace equipped with a candelabra which was a nice touch. But about half way through the meal so intoxicated visitors arrived at the bar and tripled the noise level. Aside from the loud guests the visit was worth the walk in the rain to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Part-TimeLocalsPartTimeLocalsVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was a repeat visit and it was as good or better than before. Very sorry to hear Iris wil be closing in late May. Don't miss the opportunity to eat there before it is too late!Special Features:
- Last supper in NOLAMeateaterDined on 4/12/2014Although the menu is somewhat limited and is definitely gourmet themed it was very good. My wife had the chicken and rice soup which she raved about and the Mahi Mahi which to my surprise was very moist and had grill marks and the fish was full of flavor. I had the pork cheek appetiser and the duck leg confit with pork belly and both were very satisfying. the waiter we had came off a bit rude but did the very least basics in waiting on us. Overall a nice experience and would go back again. Would like to see more on the menu, but what we had was very good. More than two dinners there would end any revisits due to menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good asOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/28/2014The food was very good as always, but the service was poor. deliver of wine was extremely slow, glasses were left empty for far too long. Dessert menus were not offered for 15 minutes after the meal. the waiter - Ryan - made highly inappropriate comments, which he presumably thought were humorous. We declined dessert because we feared how long that would take, and asked for the check, which never came. we finally had to go up to the bar and host table in order to pay, leave, and go elsewhere for dessert and a nightcap.
- A Great Find!PJDineDined on 3/28/2014On business travel with special clients and needed a warm ambiance, attentive wait staff , great food and not too noisy. IRIS was perfect and I will be back when in town, business or pleasure.Special Features:
- great hidden findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2014Wonderful dinner on our last night in NOLA (Live in NYC so used to great food choices) Iris' food was delicious, fresh, great use of local ingredients, beautiful presentation, reasonably priced. Warm and welcoming bistro type dining, relaxing, not fussy. Hard to find anywhere, will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!LizStelzDined on 3/14/2014We can't believe we haven't eaten here before! Another fantastic restaurant by the same owners as Marisa. Excellent food and service at reasonable prices. Innovative menu with flair. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In theTop two in NOLACoastal101Dined on 3/13/2014FoieGras was ausom and at $18 couldn't believe the large portion! Gnocchi melted in your mouth perfectly light and cooked. Duck also perfect. Good selection of wines by the glass also reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTableVetVIPDined on 3/7/2014We really enjoyed the food at Iris. Jarrod our waiter was very attentive and seemed interested in seeing that we had a really good experience. The only quibble I have is that, although there were several open tables, we were seated right next to another table, where one of the ladies there talked very loudly. It may be me, but it seems that despite there being several open tables, I seem to be steered by the host to the less desirable tables in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Server very friendly and upbeat.. FNannyDined on 3/7/2014Server very friendly and upbeat.. Friday lunch Prixe Fixe was great. Shrimp was delicious in the coconut broth Pork Chop entree was flavorful with a twist Our lunch experience was enjoyable!!! We would do it again... Lunch deals in nice restaurants is so appreciated........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was deliciousClubConciergeVIPDined on 3/7/2014and the atmosphere was quiet and serene! We really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- each of us was very pleasedBabetteDined on 2/21/2014each of us was very pleased with food choices; good wine selection from OregonSpecial Features:
- Oops2die4VIPDined on 2/21/2014The food was excellent when we finally received what we ordered. The waiter did not recognize that he gave my husband pork who had ordered fish. I ordered pork and got chicken, that went back. The food, when we finally got what we ordered was very good, but those kind of mistakes really are not indicative of an upscale restaurant. I have to say that the chocolate creme brûlée was fabulous.Special Features:
- Wow!AdoggDined on 2/20/2014That was easily one of the best meals I've ever eaten in my life. That is not an overstatement. I can't stop thinking about my meal. Same goes for the rest of my party and we all ordered different dishes. HIGHLY recommend.
- Extremely good foodglyinscDined on 2/17/2014Everything we had was delicious and we ordered a lot! Showed up very hungry - had several appetizers and many different entrees among us and all of our food was excellent. Service was very good too.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICESuzyLKDined on 2/15/2014Four of us (locals) went to dinner after the Krewe du Vieux parade on a Saturday night when the French Quarter was super busy...lovely, attentive service, great cocktails and de-lish food! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to Westin CanalFrequentDinerDined on 2/15/2014Iris is very good, but there are many good restaurants in the French Quarter. We ordered Steak Frites which was very good and a shrimp dish that had a delicious coconut-based sauce but needed to be accompanied by rice.Special Features:
- this is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014this is one of our favorite spots and we are never disappointed. Great food, service and love the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointing.daboissVIPDined on 2/14/2014looks & tastes like every other hotel restaurant in the quarter
- Lovely eveningLauraDined on 2/10/2014Food was wonderful and interesting. Service was very attentive and friendly. We were so glad to find a quiet dinner location I the French Quarter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience was amazingBrookgpVIPDined on 2/8/2014Our experience was amazing from the second we walked in the door. The hostess even ran over to fill up our glasses of wine when they were near empty. The place had a lot of guests, but was fairly quite (very well designed). The food was amazing! We would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- somewhat disappointedLydFVIPDined on 2/7/2014This was the 3rd time dining at Iris because it is a neighborhood gem. The Bienville House Hotel is great, and we want the restaurant to do well. The first 2 times were good and fun, but oddly enough we couldn't remember to return. I remembered last week and booked for a quiet time in the city, and we were excited about the very cool bar offerings and simple menu. Unfortunately my duck confit was way overcooked and extremely salty, but the worst part was my potatoes were raw. They were small and roasted and were literally raw. I would not have complained because the service is so nice, but honestly, if you can't cook potatoes, there is a real problem in the kitchen. Sad.Special Features:
- /Users/jeannenelson/Desktop/2014020OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014/Users/jeannenelson/Desktop/20140201_192110.jpg Just wonderful..... Loved our meal, service and etc. Thank you so much for a delightful evening. I will be back. I am in town till Feb 28.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.